• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on May 14, 2013, 02:55:30 PM
I'm with ATT and for some reason just in the last week or so my service has suddenly sucked ... dropped calls and then the (no service) message instead of the carrier id thingy... I'm wondering if it has something to do with the leaves that have sprung up on the bushes outside. I'm in a brick apartment building on the first floor (more like basement) and my window in the front has these bushes in front of it... that window is really the only place I guess a signal can really go... could the leaves have some crap to do with it? these bushes were mostly bare up until recently.

is the source of your wifi inside your apartment?

Eddie Coyle

That my most deranged relatives are the ones I see most fequently(heavy accent on the "freak") and that they see me as some sounding board who will "understand". That's really comforting.

ziznak

Quote from: MV on May 14, 2013, 03:15:04 PM

is the source of your wifi inside your apartment?
no my wifi comes from other apartments

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ziznak on May 14, 2013, 11:35:25 PM
no my wifi comes from other apartments

Oh, heh heh... well, then your connectivity issues could be caused by a million things. Leaves don't help, though.

ziznak

yeah but its the phone signal im bitching about... about a month ago the "really good" router went down or the people who own it stopped paying they're bill... I know for a fact since their electric got killed mysteriously and then when the router came back up it still had no internet connect... The other routers work fine for the laptops but no real wifi for the phone right now.  Anyways, speaking of just cell signal would a wall of leaves do that? or is it probly a coincidence and ATT has just been fucking up their towers around here lately?  The best place for the phone signal is by the window.

stevesh

Now the Feds want to reduce the legal permissible blood alcohol content for drivers to .05 (one drink for a 120-pound woman). Did we elect Michael Bloomberg as president without my noticing ? Fucking control freaks.

Quote from: stevesh on May 15, 2013, 07:29:28 AM
Now the Feds want to reduce the legal permissible blood alcohol content for drivers to .05 (one drink for a 120-pound woman). Did we elect Michael Bloomberg as president without my noticing ? Fucking control freaks.

I heard that and wondered just how many accidents are caused by people between .05 and .08, and how does that compare to those between .00 and .04. 

If they really want to do something, useful, pass and enforce laws that convince people to at least wait until they are stopped at a light to do their texting.

Quote from: ItsOver on May 08, 2013, 10:30:05 AM
Speaking of aggravating noise generators, how about leaf blowers?  This time of year, I sometimes feel like I'm living on a runway at Chicago O'Hare.

I have never been able to see the logic of a leaf blower.  I drive through ever growing "developments" on my way to work and back home.  Can't avoid them at all anymore.
Anyway, every summer I watch men with hulking vacuum-cleaner-like things strapped to their backs walking back and forth on their lawns, blowing all the little leaves either into the street or onto a neighbor's lawn.  The next day, on my scenic drive, I see all the little leaves back on their lawns. 
Maybe it's a new fitness craze.  Leaf-blower-system. 

Oh, is that what "Blow Me!" means???

It's more of a "person who annoys me", but I'll just voice that I'm not a Nicki Minaj fan.  I couldn't hum or name a song of hers to save my soul.  She looks like a glitzy pinhead.  Does she play an instrument, compose her own music or lyrics, or is she just a wind-up doll with the right look and sound (after auto-tuning) who knows how to shake her ass(ets)?  I'm actually no Mariah Carey fan either, but this Joanie-come-lately Minaj sure squawks a lot about Carey.

Sardondi

Quote from: stevesh on May 15, 2013, 07:29:28 AMNow the Feds want to reduce the legal permissible blood alcohol content for drivers to .05 (one drink for a 120-pound woman). Did we elect Michael Bloomberg as president without my noticing ? Fucking control freaks.
It's the Nanny State mentality. It is deeply engrained in those who are fond of government programs of whatever nature. All government programs are founded on these basic assumptions:
1) the people conceiving, advocating, creating and/or administering the program are of superior intellectual and moral attainment, not to mention social breeding;
2) ordinary people are so stupid and incapable that they need help from those who are smarter and more noble;
3) ordinary people would recognize how much they need The State and would welcome its control if only they weren't so stupid, so it is obvious they would agree to government control if they only knew what was good for them;
4) the only reason government programs haven't fixed the problems they were intended to fix is because the government did not have enough power and control over peoples' lives;
5) and thus it is mandatory that The State have much more authority to take care of people and make them secure;
6) but of course those who run the programs must be themselves immune from the restrictions and control of the government programs because, well, because they're so much smarter and better, and just don't need them like the idiots.
7) and finally, shut up, I hereby arrest you as an anti-government hate terrorist, and detain you incommunicado and without bond, by the power vested in me by my superior intellect, morals and correct thinking.

onan

Here is a way to avoid the whole problem... don't drink and drive. Quite honestly if one drinks alcohol and drives they are idiots. Even one drink... idiot.

Now on the othere side... I am not sure how many of the fatalities from driving under the influence were in the 0.05 range as opposed to a much higher alcohol level. So lowering the legal limit seems perhaps unwarranted. From the NTSB's report alcohol related traffic deaths have remained at about 30 percent since 95.

Whether it is a nanny state or sincere belief that there is some formula to remove free will from the equation is (imo) a fool's errand.

But the fact is alcohol impairs reaction times. It is fact, like it or not... fact. I am sure someone will give the anecdote of how alcohol saved them from a horrible situation. Alcohol impairs reaction times. Texting, eating, doing your nails/makeup, picking your nose also affect safe driving but this is about drinking and driving... don't do it.

Eddie Coyle

(A) The old fucks throwing french fries and various crumbs to pigeons/seagulls in the parking lot of the nearby park/beach.
           (B) The young shits who feel a need to stamp their feet and charge these birds causing them to scatter. These little shits constitute tomorrow's Latin Kings members in my neighborhood.

Where's Doc Gosnell when you need him?

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 15, 2013, 06:53:06 PM....Where's Doc Gosnell when you need him?

Kinda puts a new light on those operating calls for "Forceps!" or "Scissors!"....

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on May 15, 2013, 07:02:33 PM
Kinda puts a new light on those operating calls for "Forceps!" or "Scissors!"....
I know. Considering a discarded, rusty can of Chef Boyardee Ravioli could probably do the job just as well.

Quote from: Sardondi on May 15, 2013, 05:55:46 PM
It's the Nanny State mentality. It is deeply engrained in those who are fond of government programs of whatever nature. All government programs are founded on these basic assumptions:
1) the people conceiving, advocating, creating and/or administering the program are of superior intellectual and moral attainment, not to mention social breeding;
2) ordinary people are so stupid and incapable that they need help from those who are smarter and more noble;
3) ordinary people would recognize how much they need The State and would welcome its control if only they weren't so stupid, so it is obvious they would agree to government control if they only knew what was good for them;
4) the only reason government programs haven't fixed the problems they were intended to fix is because the government did not have enough power and control over peoples' lives;
5) and thus it is mandatory that The State have much more authority to take care of people and make them secure;
6) but of course those who run the programs must be themselves immune from the restrictions and control of the government programs because, well, because they're so much smarter and better, and just don't need them like the idiots.
7) and finally, shut up, I hereby arrest you as an anti-government hate terrorist, and detain you incommunicado and without bond, by the power vested in me by my superior intellect, morals and correct thinking.

The people elected or hired to manage government responsbilities soon get bored and tire of that.  So they start looking around for a 'needs to fill', or better yet some new restriction or requirement to impose. 
It's how they get themselves noticed for advancement among the other people making a living by greedily dreaming up new taxes and advancing Big Government. 

mrfixit12

I work every day for a millionar . I kill myself every day to make him more money. I hav not gotten a raise in three years. At a company meeting he was asked if raises were in the future , he replied , no and you are lucky to have a job in this econamy. I hate the rich!

Heh, annoying? ANNOYING??
I'll tell ya annoying.

Was playing Command & Conquer Generals. Had my defense lines finally formed and had Army Group One LieBstendarter in production. Had both fighter & bomber air support. Damn Chinamen dual nuked me and then crashed to desktop. Fucking shit. So to ease my tension, I thought I would come here and share this with you, my friends, and Noary spies as per my therapy.

mrfixit12

Ass hole ileagles that refuse to learn english.  I can't go to any fast food joint and get even passable service because these basterds can't understand me! 

mrfixit12

Am I bitter? Your Dam Rite I Am.  Two toure s in the big sand box so I can Come home and work in a dead end job making the filthy rich  richer and no hope fore a pay raise ore helth care. I can't even get a crapy G.M.O burger because nobody speaks english in this country , and the politisions are doing every thing posable to make my life harder. yep I am Bitter!

Sardondi

I'm annoyed I've forgotten how to spell "provacateur" "provocateur".

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on May 18, 2013, 12:58:22 AM
I'm annoyed I've forgotten how to spell "provacateur" "provocateur".
For the spirit of the prior posts, feel free to misspell at will.

mrfixit12

I n refrence to the last poster . Thank you so much fore your permision to misspell . So I will.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 18, 2013, 01:01:04 AM
     For the spirit of the prior posts, feel free to misspell at will.
Ay aym a nu mimbur. Ay hav nevur bin hir be 4. Ay aym not lyeen. Hay, les awl tawk bout how mutch wee hayt nigrohs an meskians milksakins messykins aleins, OK?

mrfixit12

I see your from arkansass also  Glad you graduated third grade

onan

wow 2 tours and this is where you end up... veterans are losers

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on May 18, 2013, 04:29:59 AM
wow 2 tours and this is where you end up... veterans are losers

Losers? I'd say he's seriously fucked up.

Eddie Coyle

Flabby armed, smelly, lard assed bloatos.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 19, 2013, 02:04:40 PM
          Flabby armed, smelly, lard assed bloatos.
Hey! I'm, like, standing right here.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on May 19, 2013, 03:32:01 PM
Hey! I'm, like, standing right here.
I know you're joshing...

Because the bloatos of which I speak lack the energy and willpower to stand.