• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 10:56:52 AM
Yes, but that is a headline not a quote. I never said that.

Art

Quote from: pyewacket on December 11, 2015, 04:33:43 PM
on FB

I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night, yes I am going to hang it up. Whoever this crazy person is, they are not stopping and it has come to the point that we as a Family do not feel it is worth the risk. While I think the person or persons are after me, my Wife and now my Daughter are really scared, the other night after the latest incident my Daughter was off in the corner of her bed scared to death as the Police cars came screaming up. I will not put my Family through this. As you all know I dearly love what I do but not at the expense of never ending Terrorism. I want to thank those of you who have shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have cracked that Mic open for a last time. This was a Family decision. The girls stuck with me and still would but if one of them were harmed because of what I love doing my life would be over.

Art

Now you're just splitting hairs, Art. What a joke.

You've been caught in a lie and trying to cover it up by deleting Facebook messages, so own up to it.

Yorkshire pud

Art

Keep digging. The hole is deep...

I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night, yes I am going to hang it up. Whoever this crazy person is, they are not stopping and it has come to the point that we as a Family do not feel it is worth the risk. While I think the person or persons are after me, my Wife and now my Daughter are really scared, the other night after the latest incident my Daughter was off in the corner of her bed scared to death as the Police cars came screaming up. I will not put my Family through this. As you all know I dearly love what I do but not at the expense of never ending Terrorism. I want to thank those of you who have shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have cracked that Mic open for a last time. This was a Family decision. The girls stuck with me and still would but if one of them were harmed because of what I love doing my life would be over.

Art

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 10:57:02 AM

Accused of being a fan? That isn't in question: Naivety? You could be accused of that.

I love that you've made me your bitch the last two days. I'm sure to be in good company. Do hope we're not cousins, though.  That would make me sad.  I'll try not to dig much harder into my family tree.

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 14, 2015, 10:56:41 AM
Yeah this was kind of the last one big chance.

Hate to agree.  Part of me felt like, however long it lasted, it was the last hurrah, so I bought in as heavily as I could, hoping this kind of thing wouldn't happen again.

Seems like it could go almost any way, at this point.  Situation's too volatile to predict--seems to change from one hour to the next.  But it crippled the momentum, for sure.

Art

"I want to thank those of you who have shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have cracked that Mic open for a last time."

Bleefy

Art

You don't owe us much. You do, however, owe us a straight answer. I think that's all anybody's really asking for.

Quote from: Bleefy on December 14, 2015, 11:01:28 AM
You don't owe us much. You do, however, owe us a straight answer. I think that's all anybody's really asking for.

Fuck that, you owe us a bloody radio show Art.

TigerLily

Quote from: rekcuf on December 14, 2015, 10:32:25 AM
Yorkshire pud, your thoughts on spotted dick?
I thought he was the spotted dick

Sorry, couldn't resist. The set up was just too easy

ziznak

Art
Gosh darned right Art... show some backbone you flipping... bellgab turncoat mother-flarking... ah jeeez.  I can't curse in a response to Art.

and thanks for the helpful answers to my previous post gabbers.

Yorkshire pud

Art

Listen; you may have your adoring sycophants who would jump off a cliff if they thought it would make you like them a bit.

You play on that although you know you don't need to say so. You are a semi public figure with (it's accepted) a fan base who hang onto your every word. You know that same fan base accept what you say as true and beyond reproach; however some of us are not that naive. Some of us have been around the block and lived away from late night radio and woo woo. Some of us can smell bullshit a mile away.

Now you're denying you said you were retiring, when it's clear you did. You sir put Heather in an invidious position and through absolutely no fault of her own, she's taking flack from idiots because by an accident of birth, she isn't you. People may lose their gainful employment because of you.

You sir are beneath contempt.

paladin1991

Quote from: Freyja on December 14, 2015, 07:34:05 AM
+1 LOL! Next time I'll throw in a bunch of sex and 4 letter words  ;)

Yes please

Chronaut

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 14, 2015, 10:53:38 AM
Be careful there, Chronaut.. you might be accused of being a fan.  ::)  Apparently that's no longer kosher on BellGab.
I know I'm not the only one bellNwhistle - I've noticed that you're among the elite minority who have managed to keep a cool head and an eye on the long view of late, I'm happy to say.

Honestly I'm surprised by all the pouting and stomping going on.  I had higher expectations for Art Bell fans in general.  But it does seem that the Old Guard members are more circumspect than this weird influx of unfamiliar handles howling at the Moon.  I know that ClearChannel employs actors to call their shows to make it sound like people like their shows, so maybe some of this witch-burning is bought and paid for.

I'd hate to think that so many real human adults can't see past their own noses.

ziznak

we're all human bean's here... dont forget that

sorefinger

Quote from: Chronaut on December 14, 2015, 10:50:56 AM
That’s great news and a smart plan, and it’s a huge relief to hear that your heart is still with us, despite the tragic abundance of negativity around here lately.  The most exciting shows of your career are ahead of you, and a large portion of your fans will do whatever we can to see you through to the other end of this dark tunnel.

You must never have heard of the phrase: beating a dead horse. 

zeebo

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 14, 2015, 11:00:19 AM
Hate to agree.  Part of me felt like, however long it lasted, it was the last hurrah, so I bought in as heavily as I could, knowing this kind of thing was coming.

Yep I think alot of us felt that way.  Personally I was hoping it would go a year or two, who knows.  We got five months.  I'm happy for that.  And I appreciate all of Art's efforts, along with all the others who made it possible. 

After the last few days, given all the statements, and how it all went down - for me the show is over.  (There's a new show with Heather, which I hope succeeds, but that's a different show.)

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 14, 2015, 11:00:19 AM
... But it crippled the momentum, for sure.

At best.

Art's walking back his quitting, up is down, black is white...

A great day to be alive!

Quote from: ziznak on December 14, 2015, 11:10:07 AM
we're all human bean's here... dont forget that

Humans Being.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Chronaut on December 14, 2015, 11:09:48 AM

I'd hate to think that so many real human adults can't see past their own noses.

Yes, but one day you'll grow up and smell the coffee.

Quote from: sorefinger on December 14, 2015, 11:10:28 AM
You must never have heard of the phrase: beating a dead horse.

Haven't you heard of; Zombie horses?

Freyja

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 09:59:10 AM
I did not say I was Retiring did I? I said I was going off the air because of this increasing problem with a Stalker. If some time can pass without incident I would be happy to do a random show. The big problem with this has been I had a fixed routine making it way to easy for this fool.

Art

You didn't...seriously?!?!?

Art Hangs It Up For the Last Time

Art

http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-hangs-it-up-for-the-last-time/

MR. Spock

Art make up your mind are you done or are you coming back.

paladin1991

Quote from: pate on December 14, 2015, 08:22:49 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzd-y6888TA

Ha.  Went to Pappy Boyington field just outside of Couer d'Alene.  Nice statue of Pappy there.

Quote from: Freyja on December 14, 2015, 11:12:53 AM

Art

Art, you should hire the Hypno-Toad.

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on December 14, 2015, 11:10:42 AM
Yep I think alot of us felt that way.  Personally was hoping it would go a year or two, who knows.  We got five months.  I'm happy for that.  And I appreciate all of Art's efforts, along with all the others who made it possible. 

After the last few days, given all the statements, and how it all went down - for me the show is over.  (There's a new show with Heather, which I hope succeeds, but that's a different show.)

At best.
:O
Expect the worst but hope for the best. That's where I am. Can't help it. It's my sunny f@cking disposition.  :)

MR. Spock

Quote from: Freyja on December 14, 2015, 11:12:53 AM

Art

it sounds like art is a liar. That's not cool dude. Art please start acting logical.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 11:06:37 AM

Listen; you may have your adoring sycophants who would jump off a cliff if they thought it would make you like them a bit.

You play on that although you know you don't need to say so. You are a semi public figure with (it's accepted) a fan base who hang onto your every word. You know that same fan base accept what you say as true and beyond reproach; however some of us are not that naive. Some of us have been around the block and lived away from late night radio and woo woo. Some of us can smell bullshit a mile away.

Now you're denying you said you were retiring, when it's clear you did. You sir put Heather in an invidious position and through absolutely no fault of her own, she's taking flack from idiots because by an accident of birth, she isn't you. People may lose their gainful employment because of you.

You sir are beneath contempt.

I still don't think you've ever actually listened to an Art Bell show.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MR. Spock on December 14, 2015, 11:16:08 AM
it sounds like art is a liar. That's not cool dude. Art please start acting logical.

Who knew?

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 14, 2015, 11:14:50 AM

I really hope that comes with extra SALT, and a large tub of creamy butter...