• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on December 14, 2015, 01:02:51 PM
There you go.

Yes!  Much obliged.  Rotting meat it was.  God what a horrible name.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: MV on December 14, 2015, 12:48:59 PM
while having sex with my wife, i like to post on bellgab and listen to limbaugh.  sometimes hard to type, though.

Keeping it hard to Rushbo? Seems like too much work

ItsOver

Quote from: SnapT on December 14, 2015, 12:58:59 PM
KABC.COM website just updated!  "FINAL COUNTDOWN"?!  What's that about?!

All Europe, all the time?

That doesn't show up when I go there.  Weird.

ponyboysunset

The way you can truly help bellgab is to keep posting. More clicks is more money right?  ::)

Ring My Bell

It sounds like unless Art returns this week, they are not going to continue with the show...

ItsOver

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 14, 2015, 01:04:55 PM
Yes!  Much obliged.  Rotting meat it was.  God what a horrible name.
Jorch loves the smell of rotting meating in the morning.  It smells.... like suckage.

Quote from: Spinner on December 14, 2015, 12:32:13 PM

Actually, it really doesn't matter to me. Whatever you said, you said from the heart - your honest feelings at the time. If and when circumstances change and you decide to come back to the show, I'll certainly be listening. Until then, enjoy some quality time with your family.
I think maybe you should have a lie down, you seem a little
delusional.

DesertFox

Quote from: DesertFox on December 14, 2015, 01:01:44 PM

Hey Art  and everyone--been away from this site but am a subscriber and have been listening to Midnight in the Desert.

SO ART--my man,  I think you can see why people are upset with this sudden move to leave/quit.  Any of your fans that have any kind of childhood "abandonment" issues will be especially rattled--lol.  Especially since this isn't the first rodeo we all have had with you and sudden and dramatic quittings.

Especially the sudden, dramatic quitting without any goodbye shows--of at least one day...and better if longer.  But the sudden yanking of the carpet and no goodbye is poorly handled...and brings back similar past episodes.

That said--I'd personally welcome you back if you reconsidered your hasty decision...even if you had to wait a while to get your security situation under control.  I think if you worked with us fandom, most(not all) would work with you.  But lets just cut the sudden goodbye and hello dramas.

Also ART,  i'll add there is still a lot of residual good will towards you--along with the disappointment.

SnapT

KABC also posted Art's Facebook statement: http://www.kabc.com/2015/10/24/art-bell-beaming-down-to-kabc-weeknights/

Maybe the "Final Countdown" means they're definitely taking the show off the air soon, but don't have a replacement yet so Heather will get a shot for at least a few days.

I've heard radio listener ratings take a long time to receive.  She could get amazing ratings but still be pulled off the air.

Yorkshire pud

We could take a wild guess?

RickySsan

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 12:42:27 PM
Well if he removed the link I am sorry to hear that considering how much help Bell Gab has been to me in so many ways, Rossy and now Heather. Hmmm

Art

no worries, im sure a heathergab.com will sprout up soon.. right guys??

Art, I have no ill will towards you. I hope you didn't feel like I was attacking you, just for the sake of attacking. I do appreciate that you answered some questions futher. Adding insight always helps. I was only trying to pry out more information. Judging context form forum posts can be difficult. I give you "props" for hanging in there.

Be Well

Here is the number to KABC if anyone wants to call and ask what "The Final Countdown" means.

Feel free to call us during business hours, Monday â€" Friday, 9AM-4PM at 310-840-4900.

I am assuming they mean they will play replays of Art's show until there is a replacement.

No credible station is going to put public access level radio on their stations with sponsors.

Chad Jacobs

I was somewhat disappointed at Keith sending the email which seemed to emphasize getting a refund on my monthly subscription fee. Yes it sucks that Art may not ever return on a regular basis,but that doesn't mean that a quality product can't still be offered. As a fan of paranormal radio I will support almost anything in an effort to find something better than GN (and I still support that guy with a monthly subscription because of Knapp,Schrader, and the occasional good show even GN manages to pull off). Even if Art's wife is the driving factor in his decision that is what it is. Personally, my life long dream has been to live in Hawaii, but I stay here in Florida doing a job I hate as an RN because she doesn't share my desire. Often our families dictate our actions, especially our wives even though we don't like to admit it. Here's an idea how about a reward fund for the arrest of the responsible person? I will gladly pay 10 rather than five dollars per month if that extra money goes towards security and apprehension of the perps. Heck if about 10,000 others did the same (still less than 30 percent of what George N has signed up for his dating site) we would raise 50 k per month or enough to hire a veritable task force of retired FBI agents and ex Navy SEALS to find the perp. Then maybe the extra 50k per month could go straight into some sort of fund directed at keeping Art's wife happy.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SnapT on December 14, 2015, 12:44:41 PM
Art and Keith deserve each other, they both react so hastily to everything.

Yep.  People keep expecting them to act like some slick media corp but they're a garage band.  I'm ok with that.  Hang on.

Quote from: SnapT on December 14, 2015, 01:09:36 PM
KABC also posted Art's Facebook statement: http://www.kabc.com/2015/10/24/art-bell-beaming-down-to-kabc-weeknights/

Maybe the "Final Countdown" means they're definitely taking the show off the air soon, but don't have a replacement yet so Heather will get a shot for at least a few days.

I've heard radio listener ratings take a long time to receive.  She could get amazing ratings but still be pulled off the air.

Is this a troll post?

Believing successful radio stations would allow Heather's version to be broadcast over their airwaves, and believing she would get amazing ratings.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: The King of Kings on December 14, 2015, 01:18:06 PM
Is this a troll post?

Believing successful radio stations would allow Heather's version to be broadcast over their airwaves, and believing she would get amazing ratings.

Wow, you've been here two days and you've set your stall out who you think is a troll? You'd better fasten your belt up son.

SnapT

Quote from: The King of Kings on December 14, 2015, 01:18:06 PM
Is this a troll post?

They might not have a choice if there's no quick replacement.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 12:42:27 PM
Well if he removed the link I am sorry to hear that considering how much help Bell Gab has been to me in so many ways, Rossy and now Heather. Hmmm

Art

it is what it is.

Quote from: SnapT on December 14, 2015, 01:22:59 PM
They might not have a choice if there's no quick replacement.

I am sure they have the option of running replays, which the Final Countdown most likely is signifying.  They are not going to advertise Art Bell's final countdown and put Heather's live broadcast on.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: TigerLily on December 14, 2015, 01:28:37 PM
Praise..and $upport... MV
Yes and clearly the way to do that is not through the Dark Matter Radio Network.  ::)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 14, 2015, 01:07:08 PM
The way you can truly help bellgab is to keep posting. More clicks is more money right?  ::)

and whitelist bellgab in your adblockers, thank you very much.  money is made simply by letting the ads display.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: The King of Kings on December 14, 2015, 01:28:58 PM
I am sure they have the option of running replays, which the Final Countdown most likely is signifying.  They are not going to advertise Art Bell's final countdown and put Heather's live broadcast on.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: MV on December 14, 2015, 01:32:17 PM
and whitelist bellgab in your adblockers, thank you very much.  money is made simply by letting the ads display.
Well seriously can you add some lesbo dating sites for me? I highly doubt the Muslims dating sites will work for me.

I picture the falkie thread as a ghost town right about now.

widethoughts

The naysayers can't accept the silent majority. Those who won't get involved with the rock throwing, short sighted fools who are only thinking (sorta) of how to get noticed. Keep trying...we know a loser when they spew.

Lilith

Quote from: TigerLily on December 14, 2015, 01:28:37 PM
Praise..and $upport... MV

I do, and I shall! 

Praise MV!

Sorry to see that supporting the DMDN is no longer one of the ways to do that, as long as the bellgab link is gone, as MV pointed out to me.  If I had noticed that before, I would not have renewed either MITD or OSOM this month.