• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on August 10, 2012, 01:51:13 PM
are you 12?
I know right? Senior citizens should not act like that.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 10, 2012, 02:07:33 PM
        Ok, the guy's an asshole. But I can be one, too(tough to believe,I know). So he hands me my change(I guess my bill past muster) and it's two fives and two singles. Which I then hold up to the light as well ;) . "You never know", I mutter, checking each bill.

Well played. I find it is also advantageous to carry a generic yellow highlighter for particular stores.  If they test my money with a "special revealer pen," I can "test" their's in return. The condescension-loaded facial expression I witness is brilliant in its blatant ignorance of the multi-layered irony of the situation.

The General

Car ads on craigslist with no picture.
You WILL NOT sell the car without posting pictures.
It's 2012, guys, it's not that hard.

Zircon

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 10, 2012, 11:04:46 AM
     That's why workplace dating I've always placed a high value on. They already kind of "know" you enough to where games don't have to be played...as much. I wear 'em down, like a virus. They hate me initially, then it becomes a strong dislike, then merely contempt...eventually they see me as "not the worst thing in the world". It's gradual, but seems to work. Somewhat. To a degree. Almost.
A very liberating testimonial there. You sir have spoken for about 90% of us. The other 10% are gay men.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Zircon on August 10, 2012, 03:56:22 PM
A very liberating testimonial there. You sir have spoken for about 90% of us. The other 10% are gay men.
Excellent!  Now that I think about it, it's actually been my modus operandi since I was about 7. Seems to come naturally. Starting with my friends' older sisters...hmmm, Child is Father to the Man, indeed. Charm is overrated.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 10, 2012, 02:36:19 PM
Well played. I find it is also advantageous to carry a generic yellow highlighter for particular stores.  If they test my money with a "special revealer pen," I can "test" their's in return. The condescension-loaded facial expression I witness is brilliant in its blatant ignorance of the multi-layered irony of the situation.

That's an implement I was sorely missing. I felt like taking one of the Washingtons he gave me, inspecting it and yelling "this currency is contaminated with traces of cocaine!, this scoundrel is a pusher!. I deputize myself a civilian agent of the DEA and arrest ye"

Eddie Coyle

That the phrase "kiss my ass in Macy's window" seems to be falling into obsolescence.

Zircon

Eddie, you ought to write a book - hell, I'd buy it.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Zircon on August 12, 2012, 10:22:31 PM
Eddie, you ought to write a book - hell, I'd buy it.
Thanks. Every time I start such a project, I get a "Artie Bremer/Travis Bickle" voice in my head that kinda stops me cold. I have about 200 notebooks from 1984-today of material. Always got the feeling they'd end up in some District Attorney's warehouse.

3OctaveFart

Dipshits who can't close a door properly. It doesn't need to be slammed shut, retard.

McPhallus

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on August 13, 2012, 08:14:42 PM
Dipshits who can't close a door properly. It doesn't need to be slammed shut, retard.

When I first relocated to "these parts," I lived in a hotel for about a year.  The place was frequented by construction types who stayed there on the company tab.  I remember one guy a few units down would slam the door so hard it the walls would shake in my room.  Drove me nuts.

Newscasters who believe that they are being incredibly hip and/or witty when they chirp, "Well, there's an app for that," and then chuckle knowingly.

[attachimg=1]

P.S.

I too, would readily purchase Eddie Coyle's The Verisimilitude of the Inhuman Condition.

(known in underground circles simply as, "the V.I.C. manual.")

stevesh

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on August 13, 2012, 08:14:42 PM

Especially car doors. I have two relatives who slam car doors shut for some reason.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: stevesh on August 16, 2012, 10:02:39 AM
Especially car doors. I have two relatives who slam car doors shut for some reason.

I'm 240 pounds and have OCD.

So I vigorously slam doors four times. Glass replacement establishments love me.

stevesh

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 16, 2012, 10:42:00 AM
     I'm 240 pounds and have OCD.

So I vigorously slam doors four times. Glass replacement establishments love me.

Which reminds me - the Safelite Auto Glass commercials on C2C - very annoying.

CoastCanuck

People who don't park properly in a parking space

l3urton

One thing that annoys me is when
  -     people repeat a LIE as if its fact point in case WMDS in IRAQ and this notion that NONE were found...
         This  took me 3 seconds to find. UNLIKE ALIENS BIGFOOT AND RODS AND SHADOW FOLK.... this was FOUND in 3 seconds. on google..

Contrary to ongoing reports by mainstream media outlets, WMDs have been found in Iraq, so reports New York Times best-selling author Richard Miniter in his new book, Disinformation.

Consider these shocking facts:

• Found: 1.77 metric tons of enriched uranium

• Found: 1,500 gallons of chemical weapons

• Found: Roadside bomb loaded with sarin gas

• Found: 1,000 radioactive materials--ideal for radioactive dirty bombs

• Found: 17 chemical warheads--some containing cyclosarin, a nerve agent five times more powerful than sarin

This is only a partial list of the deadly weapons Miniter reveals in his new book, Disinformation. Miniter systematically dissects the "No-WMD Myth" (how it started, and why it continues), as well as 21 other War-on-Terror myths perpetuated by the media.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1520691/posts   dont like this source...  plenty of others About--- 4,350,000 results (0.24 seconds) that annoys me. oh and referring to ILLEGALS and  immigrants. other then that im gona go with the LEGO in the hallway at night that always find my foot..... VERY BAD !!! and annoying
So now the argument becomes HOW MUCH and not NONE.  ill point out that my argument hasnt changed and to argue this yours would have to. :P u have to  go from NONE to SOME. :P

b_dubb

Quote from: l3urton on August 17, 2012, 05:54:32 AM
One thing that annoys me is when
  -     people repeat a LIE as if its fact point in case WMDS in IRAQ and this notion that NONE were found...
         This  took me 3 seconds to find. UNLIKE ALIENS BIGFOOT AND RODS AND SHADOW FOLK.... this was FOUND in 3 seconds. on google..

Contrary to ongoing reports by mainstream media outlets, WMDs have been found in Iraq, so reports New York Times best-selling author Richard Miniter in his new book, Disinformation.

Consider these shocking facts:

• Found: 1.77 metric tons of enriched uranium

• Found: 1,500 gallons of chemical weapons

• Found: Roadside bomb loaded with sarin gas

• Found: 1,000 radioactive materials--ideal for radioactive dirty bombs

• Found: 17 chemical warheads--some containing cyclosarin, a nerve agent five times more powerful than sarin

This is only a partial list of the deadly weapons Miniter reveals in his new book, Disinformation. Miniter systematically dissects the "No-WMD Myth" (how it started, and why it continues), as well as 21 other War-on-Terror myths perpetuated by the media.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1520691/posts   dont like this source...  plenty of others About--- 4,350,000 results (0.24 seconds) that annoys me. oh and referring to ILLEGALS and  immigrants. other then that im gona go with the LEGO in the hallway at night that always find my foot..... VERY BAD !!! and annoying
So now the argument becomes HOW MUCH and not NONE.  ill point out that my argument hasnt changed and to argue this yours would have to. :P u have to  go from NONE to SOME. :P
do you have a better source?  this one seems to allow just anyone to post whatever

onan

Miniter is a hack. When he doesn't know he makes up, or gets things wrong. But there are enough people that, rather than accept sometimes their beliefs are just wrong, grasp at anything to validate there unsupported belief system.

Does Miniter get it all wrong? Absolutely not but he gets enough wrong to seriously consider his objectivity.

ziznak

Quote from: stevesh on August 16, 2012, 10:02:39 AM
When I was a little shit my parents had a family van... this is kinda pre minivan concept so it was this old dodge ram van.  I don't remember if the doors were screwed up or what but we were taught to slam the doors very hard so that they closed.  I guess being of an impressionable age at the time I kinda adopted a strategy of slamming the door or any vehicle I got out of.  This persists to this day although it's a bit more controlled after having many friends and girlfriends yell at me numerous times to go easy on their car doors.

onan

Quote from: ziznak on August 17, 2012, 09:15:05 AM
When I was a little shit my parents had a family van... this is kinda pre minivan concept so it was this old dodge ram van.  I don't remember if the doors were screwed up or what but we were taught to slam the doors very hard so that they closed.  I guess being of an impressionable age at the time I kinda adopted a strategy of slamming the door or any vehicle I got out of.  This persists to this day although it's a bit more controlled after having many friends and girlfriends yell at me numerous times to go easy on their car doors.

Back in the day... as a kid 1960 era. My parents had a Dodge. So did my parents closest friends. Everyone slammed car doors. I dunno if manufacturing was just poor then or we were just hicks... both are true.

Eddie Coyle

State Troopers. Doesn't matter which state. We need to revive denazification programs especially for them. Discretion and dignity are a safe distance from these oinkers.

I shouldn't generalize...but I did and feel no guilt about that. I see their misery nightly. Dreadful sacks of shit...living off taxpayers. and being essentially modern day tax collectors more than peace officers handing out tickets and having people towed left and right. Malum Prohibitum motherfuckers.

Eddie Coyle

That I just had to explain who Rudolf Hess was to a 42 year old with a Masters and a career in education...and claims to be interested in the "paranormal". And it was clear she had no idea who I was talking about.

Juan

Quote from: onan on August 17, 2012, 09:51:39 AM
Back in the day... as a kid 1960 era. My parents had a Dodge. So did my parents closest friends. Everyone slammed car doors. I dunno if manufacturing was just poor then or we were just hicks... both are true.
The doors on those cars were much, much heavier than present day doors.  They would quickly sag from the weight, requiring one to either lift the door up to close it quietly, or to slam it. I always chose to slam.

ziznak

Apparently there's a few of us here with Door Slamming Disorder... we should start a support group.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 17, 2012, 08:35:55 PM
            That I just had to explain who Rudolf Hess was to a 42 year old with a Masters and a career in education...and claims to be interested in the "paranormal". And it was clear she had no idea who I was talking about.

The blind leading tomorrow's blind.

This is why the dissection of Ivan Stang's High Weirdness By Mail should be a mandatory practice exercise. From learning of vril, to my personal correspondence with George Adamski UFO groupie Laura Mundo just before she died in 1989, Stang's book was invaluable as a catalyst for the curious investigating the strange. It was a perpetually giving hydra of plenty.

Just yesterday, I received the latest snail mail UFO newsletter from 86 year old James Wales, Laura's friend, who first contacted me when she died.  I've been receiving the newsletter ever since. His "published every so often" newsletters are addictive and I've saved them all. Whether he's talking about deadly sunspot activity or Venusians blending in with our society, it's just pure damned gold.

Wales's commentary evokes a time when aliens were aliens, damn it! Long coats. Hats. Dark glasses. Weird skin.  MIB or Venusian?  You never knew! Is that a ray gun in your pocket or are you just a horny Martian robot who tried to mate with our farm tractor?

In several ways, I learned more from Stang's insane book than I ever did in college.

Off the cuff... or hoof...:

Rudolph the red-nosed Nazi
Had a very shiny vril
And if you ever saw it
You would say it killed

All of the other Nazis (Nazis)
Used to laugh and call him names (names)
They never let poor Rudolph (Rudolph)
Join in Teutonic games!

etc.

Cam out.

b_dubb

<applause>clap clap clap clap</applause>

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 17, 2012, 08:35:55 PM

i have an intern in my office who has a BS in computer science.  i just had to explain to him how to use msconfig.

ShayP

My career has been in the Food biz and I could list 1000 things that annoy me regarding my career.

Today....a woman asked me what chicken livers were. 

yep......true.

Stupidity....that annoys me.