• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Spooky Matter

Quote from: steelbot on December 09, 2013, 03:29:44 AM
actually if you listen to MV on my podcast I did, he said he had on good faith Art received well over 18,000 emails, pretty sure we don't have that number of members here nor the patience during the outages to have wormholed him that many times.  It was a legit problem, deal with it.

Oh I'm pretty sure a good percentage of the worming came from here.  Thus an excellent theory on how the ball got rolling and again I say, a stupid fucking reason to quit.  Not a very legit one at all.  Nobody else quit.  Deal with it.  I have no problem including all the others, not from here.

Quote from: Spooky Matter on December 09, 2013, 03:54:36 AM
... a stupid fucking reason to quit.  Not a very legit one at all.  Nobody else quit...

This sounds right to me. 

Art liked the idea of coming back and having a show and fans and interviewing his old cronies and maybe some new people sometimes, but after doing it for a few weeks realized he didn't really want to do it.  What he should have done was find something that he could do maybe once a week or just randomly whenever he felt like it, instead of 4 nights a week, every week.  What other 68 year old just goes happily back to work full time after 10 years of retirement?

And that's fine.  I wish he would just admit it.

At least that's what I think.  This was probably about the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard he was coming back.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Spooky Matter on December 08, 2013, 10:02:13 AM
What a pathetic mess this 'ride' has been. Noory who sucks so bad is STILL chatting up the puke
here and Art Bell who just kept defending his moves to the point of calling a member a dipshit, yeah, another smooth move, Art turns out to be MIA!

Wells sucks so bad he makes me insane.  I turn that ludicrous prick off every time I hear his brain damaged slop.  Ian Punnet was another prick like wells, running his mouth about what he too thinks he's got going on, like "ohh, I'm so clever."  I wish wells would fucking snort like Punnet because that would ice the cake.

They all suck and I am no longer a bell fan.  Frankly I think he's fucking insane at this point.  I could give a flying monk if he came back.  I love the downplay on the 75 grand a year and not needing it too.  G I V E   M E   AFUCKING  B R E A K.  12, 13 hours a week and you're paid 75 grand.  Fuck I thought I had it easy making that at 20 - 25 hours a week.  WhoTF does this senior citizen think he is?  He doesn't get paid what Stern gets because Stern has been workin it for years, you dipshits who continually compare and feel compelled to mention that.

Ride my ass.

But how do you REALLY feel about them ?

LOL.

You forgot Knapp. I guess you think he sucks too, huh ?

I think you do an injustice to Art. He just wanted his fucking program to work right and it was never going to do that on Sirius.

Ever.

And given the behind the scenes stuff, Sirius had NO incentive to do so.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Spinner on November 23, 2013, 10:20:14 PM
Ha! Found a source:
KVEC   http://920kvec.com/listen-live/

[attachimg=1]

San Louis Osbispo is a long way from here. We drove down there and back a few years ago. Not much along that coast road but ocean and at night it gets incredibly dark because there are no city lights between towns so you drive and drive with no reference points except the road in front of you. And lots of heavy periodic fog too, so thick you have to slow down to about 20 to see the road ahead. Solvang is cool though. We hope to go down there next year once we have a car again and go to Vegas afterwards.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Tarbaby on December 03, 2013, 06:18:48 AM
The NoAgenda Show Curry co-hosts with John C Dvorak, an opiniated old curmedgeon (i've heard often on the Leo Laporte Tech show and occasional guest on This Week in Tech.) Dvorak has been around forever, launching one failed project after another. He's just plain crabby and off-putting. He's known most of the major players in the tech biz for decades.

Depends on your sensibilities; some people like Curry and Dvorak's ascerbic style. He can be insightful, he's always a contrarian and naysayer. Need I say, I find him very irritating. Curry, too, for that matter.

He's definitely an iconoclast and doesn't hop on any trendy bandwagons simply because they're popular. I'd say he goes out of his way to avoid and condemn phoney or shallow trends. Oddly enough, with his record of rare successes and frequent misjudgements he's been regarded as a go-to consultant over the years.

Leo La Porte. I used to listen to him until KSFO dumped his Saturday show. Got a lot of good computer stuff because people would mention it on his show.

Nice to know he's still around.

Falkie2013

actually if you listen to MV on my podcast I did, he said he had on good faith Art received well over 18,000 emails, pretty sure we don't have that number of members here nor the patience during the outages to have wormholed him that many times.  It was a legit problem, deal with it.

I keep thinking your avatar looks like the lost 3rd Noonien Singh android from ST:TNG Data's 3rd brother we never saw ...

:D

I had continual streaming issues with Sirius and could never get it to work on my Iphone. In fact I had to call Verizon yesterday because I got sick of continual dropped calls which weren't happening BEFORE I put IOS7 on the phone. I've heard from sooooo many people that they're having nothing but problems with the upgrade. I had one phone call to a car dealer drop 5 times in a row. Verizon got me to reset the phone and is investigating the issue.

But ... Sirius doesn't and didn't seem to care about the issue or was unable or unwilling to fix it in an expeditious manner. Maybe it was money, maybe it was because it was too much work involved. I don't know.

They should have fixed it years ago. Other Sirius hosts bitched about it too.

I am amused that I'm getting continual emails almost begging me to buy a car phone from them. I probably will once we get another car. There is some content on there that I like.

FallenSeraph

ART? ARRRRRRRRT? Y U NO COME HERE ANYMORE?

[attachimg=1]

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Zoxo on November 22, 2013, 07:10:55 PM
A friend of Art's told me about a podcast called www.noagendashow.com

has anyone heard of this one before?

i listen to this from time to time, although john c. dvorak is the reason i listen.  adam curry grates on me a little.

MV/Liberace!

15,000 was the actual number i was given, but yep... that's a mountain of emails.

jazmunda

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 09, 2013, 05:27:21 AM
San Louis Osbispo is a long way from here. We drove down there and back a few years ago. Not much along that coast road but ocean and at night it gets incredibly dark because there are no city lights between towns so you drive and drive with no reference points except the road in front of you. And lots of heavy periodic fog too, so thick you have to slow down to about 20 to see the road ahead. Solvang is cool though. We hope to go down there next year once we have a car again and go to Vegas afterwards.

My family drove from LA to San Francisco in 1988 and we stopped in San Louis Obispo and stayed at the hotel there that has different themed rooms.

I was so excited to stay in the caveman room or the jungle room. Instead we were given perhaps the most boring room possible. Imagine the 12 year old me opening up the door to Harvard Square

Spooky Matter

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 09, 2013, 05:22:32 AM
But how do you REALLY feel about them ?

LOL.

You forgot Knapp. I guess you think he sucks too, huh ?

I think you do an injustice to Art. He just wanted his fucking program to work right and it was never going to do that on Sirius.

Ever.

And given the behind the scenes stuff, Sirius had NO incentive to do so.

I enjoy Knapp tremendously Falkie :) :) :)

Spooky Matter

Quote from: MV on December 09, 2013, 02:22:50 PM
15,000 was the actual number i was given, but yep... that's a mountain of emails.
Yes a lot indeed.  Are you saying Art Bell told you or mentioned it on air that 15,000 people were complaining just about dropping continuously.  I thought nobody was listening to him, but let's use it as base line.  Why don't we project a bit off that number.  How many would you extrapolate from 15,000 plus droppers, were NOT dropping?  Do u really believe Sirius listeners drop something like 9 out of 10 subscribers or just about half, which would mean Bell had over 30,000 listeners the first fucking week!  Wouldn't you like to know you had just a couple thousand listening to spec or bc!

Unless he had 30,000 listeners and only 5000 were not dropping I rest my case.

steelbot

Quote from: MV on December 09, 2013, 02:22:50 PM
Sorry, I didn't go back to relisten - thought it was 18k - but yes 15k is still a shit ton, even METRIC shit ton compared to the amount of users just here, if SM thinks that even a percentage of people emailed/wormed from here it's still not a drop in overall complaints.  I complained 2 times, once to wormhole and once to paul when he asked for the information from users.  Both were separate incidents of drops.

onan

Quote from: steelbot on December 09, 2013, 09:47:38 PM
Sorry, I didn't go back to relisten - thought it was 18k - but yes 15k is still a shit ton, even METRIC shit ton compared to the amount of users just here, if SM thinks that even a percentage of people emailed/wormed from here it's still not a drop in overall complaints.  I complained 2 times, once to wormhole and once to paul when he asked for the information from users.  Both were separate incidents of drops.

I'm not sure it matters anymore.

onan

Quote from: steelbot on December 10, 2013, 12:58:50 AM
deadhorse? ok

You couldn't hear the slow sigh as I was typing that, huh?

ItsOver

Quote from: Meanandnasty on December 08, 2013, 11:06:57 AM
My thoughts are that the Wanna Take A Ride has experienced a blow-out!!!!!!

I feel like I was "taken for a ride" after the last pick-up and then kick to the curb.  ::)

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 09, 2013, 05:12:11 AM

This sounds right to me. 

Art liked the idea of coming back and having a show and fans and interviewing his old cronies and maybe some new people sometimes, but after doing it for a few weeks realized he didn't really want to do it.  What he should have done was find something that he could do maybe once a week or just randomly whenever he felt like it, instead of 4 nights a week, every week.  What other 68 year old just goes happily back to work full time after 10 years of retirement?

And that's fine.  I wish he would just admit it.

At least that's what I think.  This was probably about the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard he was coming back.

What *I* think is, you couldn't be more wrong.

BattyBrooke

Well, I see the majority of you are back at bashing Art just because he's not here massaging your hearts and your tiny little feelings with a daily post. "Oh, I love you Art!" Then Art doesn't post for awhile (as there is nothing more to say!) and it's "Art, you are MIA! How dare you! You are *insert name calling here* and you *insert lowdown insults here*.

At this point, I'm glad he left. You bashers don't deserve him. What a pathetic bunch.

DanTSX

Quote from: BattyBrooke on December 10, 2013, 01:08:54 PM
Well, I see the majority of you are back at bashing Art just because he's not here massaging your hearts and your tiny little feelings with a daily post. "Oh, I love you Art!" Then Art doesn't post for awhile (as there is nothing more to say!) and it's "Art, you are MIA! How dare you! You are *insert name calling here* and you *insert lowdown insults here*.

At this point, I'm glad he left. You bashers don't deserve him. What a pathetic bunch.

Shouldn't you be over at bellgabsucks?

FallenSeraph

Quote from: BattyBrooke on December 10, 2013, 01:08:54 PM
Well, I see the majority of you are back at bashing Art just because he's not here massaging your hearts and your tiny little feelings with a daily post.

**dies laughing**

"Art, Art, please come massage my tiny little feelings! PLEASE!"

**still laughing**

I need to stop drinking wine with lunch.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DanTSX on December 10, 2013, 01:44:40 PM

Wow Dan; is it really that bad? Have you had any referrals for sphincter reconstruction? Ambition exceeding ability with the butt plugs?

ItsOver

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 10, 2013, 01:25:28 PM
**dies laughing**

"Art, Art, please come massage my tiny little feelings! PLEASE!"

**still laughing**

I need to stop drinking wine with lunch.

Feelings?  Geesh, I was hoping he was going to massage my feet.  ;)  That would go well with the wine.  :D

FallenSeraph

Quote from: ItsOver on December 10, 2013, 02:12:48 PM
Feelings?  Geesh, I was hoping he was going to massage my feet.  ;)  That would go well with the wine.  :D

Haha - I like Art, but maybe not that much. If we're gonna get all physical and stuff, my heart, my feet and my phone sex fantasies belong to John B. Wells.

[attachimg=1]

ItsOver

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 10, 2013, 02:22:20 PM
Haha - I like Art, but maybe not that much. If we're gonna get all physical and stuff, my heart, my feet and my phone sex fantasies belong to John B. Wells.

[attachimg=1]

Hey, Santa, listen up for S27's Christmas list.  Should Kenny G being playing sax in the background when JB does his thing?  ;) ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on December 10, 2013, 02:36:57 PM
Hey, Santa, listen up for S27's Christmas list.  Should Kenny G being playing sax in the background when JB does his thing?  ;) ;D

I hate to be the Grinch, but is there an online room for such filthy and immoral shenanigans?

ItsOver

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 10, 2013, 02:39:17 PM

I hate to be the Grinch, but is there an online room for such filthy and immoral shenanigans?

Of course, it's in the Politics section.  Remember?  ;) ;D

DanTSX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 10, 2013, 02:39:17 PM

Why do you love censorship?