• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Taco Bell

Didn't think I'd ever catch up on this thread. When is Keith going to announce falkie's take over?

HumanBeing

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 06, 2018, 08:12:19 AM
At the risk of haters voicing their displeasure..  ::)

I lived in Los Angeles when I became a fan, so of course the Kings. But I also like the Redwings. :P

It doesn't get that bad when you say who your favorite team(s) are does it?

They're ok teams I guess  ;D

AZZERAE

Quote from: zeebo on May 06, 2018, 02:58:58 PM
This whole idea that "we're all in this together" and "the fans really make the show". What a laugh. In the end, a host is a host, and they're gonna do the show they want to do, with their guests and topics and music. So let's just drop this phony idea that the fans have much influence at all. 

You're so right! That was such a flimsy, utterly transparent copout on little miss horseface's part. And so sad.

HumanBeing

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 06, 2018, 08:14:12 AM
“Entertainment” lawyers. She’s got that right.  ::)

Her lawyers are probably doing it pro bonerbono by the sounds of it.
Unless Art really did leave her a piece of his pie  8)

AZZERAE

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 06, 2018, 03:01:39 PM
I can’t see how she is going to get a subscription service with access to archives up quickly. I have feeling there’s going to be a subscription service and a lot of promises then a hasty disappearing act - another stalker perhaps? Oh and of course no refunds and a lot of unhappy ripped off people. I half hope I am wrong.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast. No really, there's a sucker born every minute ... and *WINK* "a fool and his money are soon parted".

HumanBeing

Quote from: [sic] on May 06, 2018, 08:15:29 AM
I would want to get in her pants. I bet it feels like feeding a horse.

According to Freya, Heather has a tight pussy.

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 03:04:37 PM
...  However, callers can make the show.  ...

This is true but it's kind of a circular phenomenon.  Art had great callers because he had great show that attracted them, and their calls only made the show greater thus creating a virtuous cycle.  Noory's example illustrates the same principle, but as a self-reinforcing suckage spiral.

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 03:06:01 PM

Ha! I vaguely remember an depth Strohs, Schlitz, et al BG discussion one rowdy night, months ago.  Right up there with sardines. ;) ;D

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on May 06, 2018, 03:11:25 PM
This is true but it's kind of a circular phenomenon.  Art had great callers because he had great show that attracted them, and their calls only mad the show greater thus creating a virtuous cycle.  Noory's example illustrates the same principle, but as a self-reinforcing suckage spiral.
Remember there was a mini-scandal a decade or so ago about shows that paid callers? So have well-spoken people, or people to bring up controversy, etc to make listeners interested, make show seem more popular, or to inspire people to call in? Like a Phil Hendrie but the joke was on everyone and not done for fun. I wonder if some of C2C callers are actually called by Tommee if things are slow or if these people really exist every night calling in for Norry to say, essentially, the same spiel?

El Chorro

This is true but it's kind of a circular phenomenon.  Art had great callers because he had great show that attracted them, and their calls only made the show greater thus creating a virtuous cycle.  Noory's example illustrates the same principle, but as a self-reinforcing suckage spiral.

I listened to the Somewhere in Time show last night, and the open lines followed a show about Waco. The callers were so amazingly informed that they sounded like booked guests.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on May 06, 2018, 03:14:37 PM
Ha! I vaguely remember an depth Strohs, Schlitz, et al BG discussion one rowdy night, months ago.  Right up there with sardines. ;) ;D
I recall this also! The real controversy will be the debate over what kind of kegs to get for the BellGab Sardinefest 2018?

HumanBeing

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 06, 2018, 08:50:37 AM
I’m going to be shitting popcorn for the next 14 years at this rate.

Drink lots of fluids. All those kernels and shell bits can obstruct the bowels.

:D

AZZERAE

Art had great callers because he had great show that attracted them, and their calls only made the show greater thus creating a virtuous cycle. 

You also gotta be tuff with callers - something Heather isn't. She keeps them on too long, and let's 'em waffle. Guess she has always been a bit lacking in many phone-ins (being that she's the shadow woman of Art's now fading legacy).

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 02:02:00 PM
I hope that you are right about this, dear, and there is an underlying moral crime, because she's suffered enough rejection and scorn to pay for it.  I don't think her current existence is a happy one, will likely get worse, and resembles her former occupation far too much to be comfortable.

If her dream died due to her mentor's and her own inept bumbling, well then there's your tragedy, pud.  'Tis paid with sighs a-plenty/And sold for endless rue.

I hope her best with her new program, and as for the last program, whatever happened, I don't blame anyone for trying.  Everyone has to try.  There can be no great success without a high risk of failure IMO

What really happened?  We will never know I'm going to guess,  just stories, and rumors of stories, ....  and excuses.

Roswells, Art

I have to roll my eyes at HW's appeal for input about guests & topics etc.  This whole idea that "we're all in this together" and "the fans really make the show".  What a laugh.  I remember sending her a long list back when I thought I'd do what I could to help, which went nowhere. 

Same as when we all tried to suggest bumper music for Art in some thread here - hell, he just went back to all his old songs.  How about on the GNS thread when very big-hearted people (and dolphins) tried to good-naturedly help Noory improve the show? 

In the end, a host is a host, and they're gonna do the show they want to do, with their guests and topics and music.  So let's just drop this phony idea that the fans have much influence at all.  Although, in this case, I would be curious what suggestions would come from that group of delusional MITD superfans.

In the off chance that it would work, I think we should email her some suggestions. People on par with the fake Titor she had on, for example. You know, people just as interesting and believable as he was. I know that might be difficult so anyone not as riveting as he was should be suggested as well.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 03:15:13 PM
Remember there was a mini-scandal a decade or so ago about shows that paid callers? So have well-spoken people, or people to bring up controversy, etc to make listeners interested, make show seem more popular, or to inspire people to call in? Like a Phil Hendrie but the joke was on everyone and not done for fun. I wonder if some of C2C callers are actually called by Tommee if things are slow or if these people really exist every night calling in for Norry to say, essentially, the same spiel?

I remember on one of the tribute shows Keef ran that night one of the hosts said that Premiere runs such a service, but claims not to use it themselves.  Wish I could remember the guy.

Kolchak

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 06, 2018, 03:14:38 PM
Oh my!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg4m08ih9O0

A professional wrestler has now done a tribute show to Art before Heather. Let that sink in.

Lilith

Quote from: Azzerae on May 06, 2018, 02:53:02 PM
You do know Keith is a fundamentalist Christian, right? Art mentioned it in one of his introductory monologues on Coast to Coast way back when.

I probably heard, but did not "know".  It didn't sink in.  That explains a lot IMO.

sydtron

Quote from: Kolchak on May 06, 2018, 03:17:39 PM
A professional wrestler has now done a tribute show to Art before Heather. Let that sink in.

Jesus. What's next?  Arn Anderson's Tribute to Falkie?

ItsOver

I have to roll my eyes at HW's appeal for input about guests & topics etc.  This whole idea that "we're all in this together" and "the fans really make the show".  What a laugh.  I remember sending her a long list back when I thought I'd do what I could to help, which went nowhere. 

Same as when we all tried to suggest bumper music for Art in some thread here - hell, he just went back to all his old songs.  How about on the GNS thread when very big-hearted people (and dolphins) tried to good-naturedly help Noory improve the show? 

In the end, a host is a host, and they're gonna do the show they want to do, with their guests and topics and music....
I think it comes from the CliffNotes version of third world revolutionary leaders.  "Remember to make your lacky followers feel like they're part of the revolution, even if you have to sacrifice them as part of the cause.  They'll still feel good as they're lined up before a firing squad because they'll know they "done good," while you're having a cold one and thinking "suckers!"  Either that, or it's from a Mission Impossible episode.

albrecht

Quote from: sydtron on May 06, 2018, 03:24:33 PM
Jesus. What's next?  Arn Anderson's Tribute to Falkie?
Midnight In The Bunkhouse?

morgana213

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on May 06, 2018, 09:49:39 AM
Maybe she is an MK Ultra victim.
If this is the case I want my (dark secret program) tax dollars back.  Someone did not do the breaking down of her personality very well....or maybe they did....  :(  IB, you have a point.

Edit: Was Art working for the secret government and was he Heather's handler?  It could explain some of her crazy.

HumanBeing

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 06, 2018, 09:07:12 AM
How men are about football, I am about hockey. Thought I haven't watched a game in years.
I have hundreds of hockey cards, fan gear, etc. I've scared the crap out of people screaming at the TV, and when I couldn't watch a game, even my grandma would write down the score for me. LOL!

Did you get the chance to watch either game live?
I got a couple boxes of cards as well. I haven't checked out the prices on some cards I have in a long time.
I got a few decent rookie cards though.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 03:16:25 PM
I recall this also! The real controversy will be the debate over what kind of kegs to get for the BellGab Sardinefest 2018?
Mr. Roger's involvement was a given, and I pretty much knew you had to be a major player, as well.  ;D

Sean92008

Quote from: El Chorro on May 06, 2018, 03:16:14 PM
I listened to the Somewhere in Time show last night, and the open lines followed a show about Waco. The callers were so amazingly informed that they sounded like booked guests.

The bar was set pretty high with pre-screened AB shows, although fools got through...  Now in C2C, it's like they're doing a limbo with the bar...