Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 06, 2018, 06:12:18 PM
I had a girlfriend who enjoyed it "that way."
Haven’t we all? Lol.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on May 06, 2018, 06:08:58 PM
That's right...it was KNST I think...then turned country...Frank O'Pinion...ha...wow, memories there, man...

KTRS I think. In fact I think Frank O'Pinion is still around and owns the station.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 06, 2018, 05:09:09 PM
I still think George is a slime ball. I don't care how many times he appears on gabcast and works his magic sounding like a nice guy.
There are no coincidences that he showed up here today, the day before MITD reboots, just to mingle. His intentions for showing up here today was in his last message.
Make no mistake about it.

I guess I just don't give a shit anymore.

ShayP

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 06, 2018, 06:06:20 PM
Me too. I well remember George before C2C local in St. Louis. As I recall, 550 AM.

Any archives?  I've always wondered and wanted to hear what Noory was like then.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 06, 2018, 06:13:08 PM
KTRS I think. In fact I think Frank O'Pinion is still around and owns the station.

Oh ok...that guy is still around? Ha 😁 amazing

cyclosp214

Quote from: chefist on May 06, 2018, 06:07:42 PM
Odd names out here in the West...if you ever run across a "Sweet Water", or "Cool Springs", rest assured it had no sweet or cool water at all. Ha.
I buy All my musical gear From Sweetwater They even give you a bag of candy with every Order.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: mv on May 06, 2018, 06:13:38 PM
I guess I just don't give a shit anymore.

It's really hard to give a shit about any of it anymore, isn't it? Just good for laughs at this stage.

HumanBeing

Quote from: LadyFish on May 06, 2018, 05:44:31 PM
Agree. It’s his nature to act all nice while he tries to stab you in the back. He’s a manipulator, too. Just a different style than HW. No tears, just really smooth.

That said, I truly did enjoy the C2C Art tribute & thought it was well done. I hadn’t listened to C2C in years. I was really surprised by the amount of ad time and learned that I need to buy A LOT of supplements for my husband so that I can get a little more pleasure in my life.

He's real greasy. He has a lot of charisma that's for sure. But I'm not buying what he's selling.

I thought it was a nice tribute as well. But really how much did George have to do with that? It was about Art. Filled with memories from some of his closest friends and popular audio clips. It was like a show with Linda Moulton Howe where George says a few bits and then sits back.

I heard other tribute shows and enjoyed them just as much. This guy who calls himself 'Nick The Rat' did a tribute show I enjoyed more than C2C's. I don't think he feigned emotion. It was the first time I ever heard of this guy as well.

ShayP

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 06, 2018, 06:16:27 PM
It's really hard to give a shit about any of it anymore, isn't it? Just good for laughs at this stage.

truth

chefist

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 06:15:36 PM
Any archives?  I've always wondered and wanted to hear what Noory was like then.

Probably only George would have some recordings...man, that was so long ago...and it was just regional...but he got the coast gig because he had one of the only paranormal shows other than Art

timebandit

is this the vulture george or was it the other george?
#LightOfMyLifeHeather

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 05:57:45 PM
MV, praise him, should submit his MITD bumper music parody songs to Norry to play!!

Oh, you beat me to it.

sydtron

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 06, 2018, 06:00:36 PM
It is a time for new beginnings.
To pick up the pieces.
Whose to say who's heart should stay broken?
It is a new day.
Let the healing begin.

Hahaha hahah!!! Looks like Howard Stern.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 06:15:36 PM

Not that I'm aware of. George would talk local issues but also did a lot of paranormal interviews. It was a nice lead in to Art, which was on after George on the same station.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 06, 2018, 06:12:50 PM
We're nothing to him... We got him to where he is now and then he drops us like a hot brick..  :'(

I knew this day would come.

chefist

Quote from: cyclosp214 on May 06, 2018, 06:15:46 PM
I buy All my musical gear From Sweetwater They even give you a bag of candy with every Order.

Ha 😁 candy...they would have that probably

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on May 06, 2018, 06:15:37 PM
Oh ok...that guy is still around? Ha 😁 amazing

Last I checked, he wasn't just still around, but still did the exact same show he was doing in 1988. Same sound effects, same bawdy jokes, the whole bit.

Sean92008

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 06, 2018, 06:12:59 PM
Haven’t we all? Lol.
I'm easing my current affair into it...  She's never had a passionate lover, a little force and command has made a big impact on her so far.  She glows.

MV/Liberace!

yup.  i'm several years removed from caring.  i just want to laugh.

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on May 06, 2018, 06:08:58 PM
That's right...it was KNST I think...then turned country...Frank O'Pinion...ha...wow, memories there, man...
As I recall KNST is 790 in Tucson.

trostol

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 06, 2018, 04:56:46 PM
Thanks, he’s got a unique talent. Quirks aside. His Art tribute show with Howard Hughes’s few weeks ago was good.

you need to get back behind the scenes again..i need more Cthulhu shows

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 06, 2018, 06:19:38 PM
Last I checked, he wasn't just still around, but still did the exact same show he was doing in 1988. Same sound effects, same bawdy jokes, the whole bit.

Must be working if he bought the station...cool

ShayP

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 06, 2018, 06:18:26 PM
Not that I'm aware of. George would talk local issues but also did a lot of paranormal interviews. It was a nice lead in to Art, which was on after George on the same station.

Thanks man.  I do want to hear some Nighthawk shows, but alas it seems I will not.  Oh well.  :-\ 

Asuka Langley

PRAISE George Noory!

He is truly the NIGHTHAWK i am sorry i ever doubted him and his large talons

Grifynne

Quote from: timebandit on May 06, 2018, 06:18:10 PM
is this the vulture george or was it the other george?
#LightOfMyLifeHeather

Other George... the "vulture" was George Knapp.

Catsmile

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 06, 2018, 12:03:51 PM
I think we need to waterboard aldous. It's the only way to find out the dirty deets.

# What Makes U Think He Wasn't Manipulated?
# As I Recall He Seen/Sees Heath Through... Rose Colored Glasses.
# Got Friendzoned, Cucked, Or Whatever The Kids R Calling It Nao.
# We Know 2 Men Who Met Her Became Enamored With Her.
# Men Who've Never Met Her Were/Are Air Hunching, White Knighting Hardcore Also.
# SheTwerksOffPoundSignsBB.
# $ 3.99Min.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on May 06, 2018, 05:39:37 PM
I'm with you on this one! George Noory is as fake as they come. I'll never forget why I signed up here all those years ago.

George Noory STILL SUCKS!

I couldn't agree with you more.