• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Bell Philes: A Podcast about Art Bell

Started by jazmunda, November 25, 2015, 06:22:43 PM

heater

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 21, 2015, 12:26:17 AM
I think that was the third Gabcast this week.

Also, Micheal's house sounds like a mad house. There always seems to be crying babies or angry wives all hours of the night. Bravo MV for dealing with these distractions to provide multiple shows this week. That is seriously some commitment to the Bellgab universe.

Jazmunda and I are so amazed by MV's devotion to the Bellgab universe we almost started a podcast about it called The BellPhiles but found out two other guys had already started one about a guy named Art.

Our new podcast The VandevenPhiles starts next Sunday at 8pm.  We look forward to all sorts of topics such as 'favorite time MV hung up on a caller', 'best MV post from a Thursday on an odd numbered year', and my personal favorite 'rant of the week'.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 21, 2015, 12:26:17 AM

Also, Micheal's house sounds like a mad house. There always seems to be crying babies or angry wives all hours of the night. Bravo MV for dealing with these distractions to provide multiple shows this week. That is seriously some commitment to the Bellgab universe.

Well, I'm just a man who understands priorities.

jazmunda

Quote from: themudking on December 21, 2015, 12:33:55 AM
Jazmunda and I are so amazed by MV's devotion to the Bellgab universe we almost started a podcast about it called The BellPhiles but found out two other guys had already started one about a guy named Art.

Our new podcast The VandevenPhiles starts next Sunday at 8pm.  We look forward to all sorts of topics such as 'favorite time MV hung up on a caller', 'best MV post from a Thursday on an odd numbered year', and my personal favorite 'rant of the week'.

I had the pleasure to be hung up on twice within an hour this weekend.

#whatclique #ruthlessphonetechnique #callerswithtwoquestionshavefeelingstoo

Catsmile

Quote from: MV on December 21, 2015, 12:37:11 AM
Well, I'm just a man who understands priorities.

May I suggest that you wear a scarf in your sleep for a while, and don't steal your wifes purse any time soon.

:-*

popple

I really enjoyed MV's interview and stories. I lost the stream during Bateman's call, so thanks for uploading it so fast  :)

ponyboysunset

This was the best show yet. I like how it evolved into interviewing bateman too. The style and pacing was great. Really good questions were asked. (And I'm not just saying that because I work with Jaz Monday nights) Sorry I missed it live. But really a good job guys.

Fantastic podcast Jaz / Mud / MV / Bateman, thank you.

I think the kind of candor we've been hearing here and on the Gabcast could have gone a long way in tempering hostilities over at MITD. Hearing you chaps talk about your histories with Art Bell and the forum was eminently relatable, and I found myself warming even to Jaz's aposematic voice despite its widely recognized role in destroying Art Bell's last show.

Just started listening to the Bell Philes. The interview with MV was great. I am now listening to the one with Bill Byrnes. You guys are amazing. You both sound very professional, like you have been doing this for years and I like the team approach to the interview with Jaz and Muddy.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 21, 2015, 09:27:50 AM
This was the best show yet. I like how it evolved into interviewing bateman too. The style and pacing was great. Really good questions were asked. (And I'm not just saying that because I work with Jaz Monday nights) Sorry I missed it live. But really a good job guys.
Can you really call it work?  ;)

Tarbaby

Jaz, when the program starts and I hear the intro by art I do get a bit choked up. And I think to myself wow, jaz must really love this intro. After all, it's by a man he's been dare I say devoted to for decades. In a way, it's like a bit of a dream come true I bet. :-) admiring

Barfly

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 21, 2015, 10:43:18 AM
Just started listening to the Bell Philes. The interview with MV was great. I am now listening to the one with Bill Byrnes. You guys are amazing. You both sound very professional, like you have been doing this for years and I like the team approach to the interview with Jaz and Muddy.
I really like Bill, not so much for the UFO crap but for his knowlage of history, the man is a walking encyclopedia.

Tarbaby

PS, excellent show prep and game plan. Made for a good flow and strong show.

jazmunda

Thanks guys. We have some exciting things coming up over the holidays and into the new year. It would be great if we could discuss Art's new shows as well but the situation is what it is and there are a myriad of past topics, guests and other Art Bell universe related things to talk about. Thanks for listening.

berry

Hey great show with Birnes, I really enjoyed it

PrairieGhost

I took the video down. The audio quality was bad.

Jackstar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 21, 2015, 10:43:18 AM
You both sound very professional, like you have been doing this for years

"Too soon! Too soon!"

testing101

This is cool! Listening to my first Episode!

I'd suggest talking about some of the predictions on Arts shows over the years. Art always had the prediction shows after x-mas before New Year's Day. It'd be cool to talk about all of the failed predictions of Ed dames, there were also some callers who predicted stuff that actuall happened.

lonevoice

I love the Bell Philes!  It's quickly becoming one of my favorite podcasts.  Jazmunda and themudking have great on-air chemistry, and it's only going to get better. 

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 23, 2015, 09:51:48 PM
I'd suggest talking about some of the predictions on Arts shows over the years. Art always had the prediction shows after x-mas before New Year's Day.

That would be fun!

Spinner

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 23, 2015, 09:51:48 PM
. . .  It'd be cool to talk about all of the failed predictions of Ed dames, . . .
Seconded. That would make for a fun show with lots of laughs.  ;D

Haven't listened to the latest ep yet, but will do this weekend.

jazmunda

Please join us themudking and jazmunda tonight (Sunday) at 8pm EST/5pm PST.

Listen and chat LIVE at http://deeptalkradio.com

Call us 317-708-4500

Skype us at LiveShow 99

You can download our archives at http://thebellphiles.com

Twitter: @thebellphiles

SredniVashtar

I suppose the Bell Philes is a demonstration of the fact that two negatives make a positive. Who would have thought that a show hosted by an Australian and a ginger could be listened to without wanting to chew one's own arm off?

I am planning to make 'don't be mean to Australians' one of my New Year's resolutions this year, and am trying to build up to it slowly, otherwise I don't think I would survive the shock to my system. So, yes,  that soulless ginger and the despicable wombat fucker did manage a reasonably adequate job, and I got through the show without poking my eyes out with red-hot knitting needles. Happy?

jazmunda

The Bell Philes tonight we'll be rescheduled for another night. Stay tuned.