• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 21, 2015, 02:08:49 PM
He regretted it hours if not minutes later - he called the show and was interviewing the guest along with (Redacted) that same night.

I suspect his family wants him there at night with them instead of out in the shed hosting a radio program, and I don't blame them.  I think that's why he quit Dark Matter and claimed he had a 2 year non-compete, promising his wife he'd stay home at night for a couple years until their daughter was a little older. 

Art is impulsive, my guess is he rarely listens to anyone, trusts few people, and won't deal with anyone else.  Once he decides to do something, he holds onto that and doesn't consider alternatives.  The idea of hosting a new show 5 nights a week appealed to him, until the reality of doing it didn't.

When this all started up this time around, why couldn't he have said he was going to do a show once or twice a week?  He could have done what he claims he loves the rest of his life, and had plenty of fans to interact with.  He could still do that, but he needs to come out and say that's what he wants to do, and set a date to start, otherwise he won't have anything to come back to.   

I think you are spot on, Sir.

Coz

Quote from: Philosopher on December 21, 2015, 02:04:53 PM
Without necessarily intending it, Art Bell has made the Unknown Shooter the most famous character in all of paranormal radio and beyond.  The Unknown Shooter has become forever rooted in legend, and a future source of untold numbers of stories and myths.  His existence is like the swirling, shifting, midnight sands of Pahrump, and only dire imagination can capture his writhing soul.  His face could be anyone's, and anywhere,  - his essence floating through the night, waiting for the littlest of stray thoughts to enliven his sackcloth body once more.

OMG... I'm sure that's unintentional. And none of what happened with Art is funny to me.

But that's funny. The gunman will be the new "Slenderman"... sightings everywhere with Elvis and Hoffa.

AZZERAE

He regretted it hours if not minutes later - he called the show and was interviewing the guest along with (Redacted) that same night.

I suspect his family wants him there at night with them instead of out in the shed hosting a radio program, and I don't blame them.  I think that's why he quit Dark Matter and claimed he had a 2 year non-compete, promising his wife he'd stay home at night for a couple years until their daughter was a little older. 

Art is impulsive, my guess is he rarely listens to anyone, trusts few people, and won't deal with anyone else.  Once he decides to do something, he holds onto that and doesn't consider alternatives.  The idea of hosting a new show 5 nights a week appealed to him, until the reality of doing it didn't.

When this all started up this time around, why couldn't he have said he was going to do a show once or twice a week?  He could have done what he claims he loves the rest of his life, and had plenty of fans to interact with.  He could still do that, but he needs to come out and say that's what he wants to do, and set a date to start, otherwise he won't have anything to come back to.   

I agree with you 100%

trostol

Quote from: VickieVale on December 21, 2015, 01:20:23 PM
New here. Was wondering if anyone could tell me who exactly Heather Wade is. As in, where did she come from? What credibility does she have? I mean, it seems as if she just came out of nowhere.

Could she be a plant, used to thwart Art's show? She appeared, wanted to be helpful, wanted to be involved. Did she actually move to Pahrump to produce the show?

So, she's totally submersed in his show and then Art falls apart and she takes over. Now she can steer the show in whatever direction she wants. Who's pulling her strings? Has this been planned from the start to kill Art's show?

she is Keyser Söze

Kolchak

New here. Was wondering if anyone could tell me who exactly Heather Wade is. As in, where did she come from? What credibility does she have? I mean, it seems as if she just came out of nowhere.

Could she be a plant, used to thwart Art's show? She appeared, wanted to be helpful, wanted to be involved. Did she actually move to Pahrump to produce the show?

So, she's totally submersed in his show and then Art falls apart and she takes over. Now she can steer the show in whatever direction she wants. Who's pulling her strings? Has this been planned from the start to kill Art's show?

Heather is assuredly not a plant.

Welcome to Bellgab. Post often.

BobGrau

Quote from: Philosopher on December 21, 2015, 02:04:53 PM
Without necessarily intending it, Art Bell has made the Unknown Shooter the most famous character in all of paranormal radio and beyond.  The Unknown Shooter has become forever rooted in legend, and a future source of untold numbers of stories and myths.  His existence is like the swirling, shifting, midnight sands of Pahrump, and only dire imagination can capture his writhing soul.  His face could be anyone's, and anywhere,  - his essence floating through the night, waiting for the littlest of stray thoughts to enliven his sackcloth body once more.

What's even weirder is, if he actually confessed... no one would believe him.

Element 115

No guest listed on the site. This could mean an unannounced Art Bell appearance? Grasping at straws here and wishful thinking.

Ciardelo

Night Train

Quote from: BobGrau on December 21, 2015, 02:23:54 PM
What's even weirder is, if he actually confessed... no one would believe him.

As well they shouldn't. 

The only person in this sordid saga that needs to make any confessions is Art Bell.

pyewacket

You could be right about all this PB, but I have to wonder if Art isn't trying to have his cake and eat it, too. Being a nigh-time radio host is not all that conducive to a happy or even routine family life. I imagine trying to balance that with raising children is a strain on a marriage. Ramona was part of C2C and gave Art the help and support he needed. I understand that Art was devastated when he lost her, but he chose to marry a much younger woman, who is as Art has mentioned, a good Catholic. It's not surprising that Aryn wanted a child. This complicates any plans Art may have to continue doing night-time radio. I'm thinking he has himself in a place where he can't do both. Not sure how this will all play out.

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 21, 2015, 02:03:45 PM
Actually, no....reality is reality. Perception is how abusive people try to spin things to make themselves feel important.

I kind of look at Art's track record as evidence of a man that wouldn't sell out. In the blood sport that is the radio industry, stability may actually equate to a lack of talent and a desperate need for approval. Case in point: George Noory.

Yeah....George Noory hosting the biggest paranormal radio show ever....lol....there's some reality for you, eh?

Okay... When I said "perception is reality", I was referring to a group of people's perception, of another person. I apologize for not being clear.

'Perception' is a mental impression; a way to interpret something. I have know idea what you're talking about; I suspect projection.

You think Art continues to quit, because he fears "selling out?" I disagree; citation needed.

George Noory is C2C's host. However, I didn't mention him. He's irelevant to this particular converstion.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on December 21, 2015, 02:21:16 PM
she is Keyser Söze

She's made no secret that she's a secret agent. All other information has been (redacted).

BobGrau

Quote from: Night Train on December 21, 2015, 02:25:42 PM
As well they shouldn't. 

The only person in this sordid saga that needs to make any confessions is Art Bell.

::) oh? Why's that?

Philosopher

Quote from: Coz on December 21, 2015, 02:18:02 PM
OMG... I'm sure that's unintentional. And none of what happened with Art is funny to me.

But that's funny. The gunman will be the new "Slenderman"... sightings everywhere with Elvis and Hoffa.

Yes, in some parts he is known as "Mr. Figment"... elsewhere, simply "Unknown" man.  Either way, he is beckoned only by the stray or intentional thought of he who is unknown, the figment breath of the cold Pahrump night.

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 21, 2015, 02:24:32 PM
No guest listed on the site. This could mean an unannounced Art Bell appearance? Grasping at straws here and wishful thinking.

I've got the Art Bell fever, too.  :(

Kolchak

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 21, 2015, 02:24:32 PM

The same thought crossed my mind. But tensions are so high, I'm not even sure if that's a good thing. Art coming back tonight only to be gone again tomorrow might just fan flames.

Element 115

Quote from: Kolchak on December 21, 2015, 02:28:42 PM
The same thought crossed my mind. But tensions are so high, I'm not even sure if that's a good thing. Art coming back tonight only to be gone tomorrow might just fan flames.

True. I can't get past the denial phase.

Element 115

Quote from: rekcuf on December 21, 2015, 02:28:37 PM
I've got the Art Bell fever, too.  :(

Indeed. Stuck in denial phase and cannot get to the next phase of acceptance.

AZZERAE

Ask her. She just loves that question!

You can find her as an active user on this forum, she goes by "(Redacted)" in this neck of the woods.

P.S. Press her for a photo. She might just crack.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 21, 2015, 02:03:45 PM
I kind of look at Art's track record as evidence of a man that wouldn't sell out.
Bwhahahahahahaha. Um let's see there's C Crane, there's tapes of his broadcast, bad back remedies just to start with that he has hocked, er um, sold over the years. The guy is worth millions, somehow I think he's sold out. And good for him, as we all should be that lucky. (Been listening since 1997)

But let me save you some time on your retort, I'm boring, like rough sex (which how can I be both, hmmm) a sell out , and a slut. That should about cover it. Oh and I worship Nancy Birnes. :)

Donald Noory

Quote from: Crash Folly on December 21, 2015, 09:50:43 AM
First time hearing the story about Art Bell quitting his children many years ago. Would have never given him the time of day after reading he gave his daughter a copy of his book after they spoke for the first time in many years. All too similar to Julius Irving meeting his illegitimate daughter at a game and giving her a signed basketball.

The truth about Narcissists! Found this tidbit very interesting....

If a house was on fire, Art would be like George Costanza, making sure he got out first, ahead of women and children.

Hey, after a brief conversation with her, Art sent her a signed copy of his book with the inscription "Here's the rest of the story." What in the hell else could an abandoned child want? Gee, what a real stand-up guy.

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news-and-opinion/lost_in_space-38428459.html

Ciardelo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 21, 2015, 02:34:42 PM
Bwhahahahahahaha. Um let's see there's C Crane, there's tapes of his broadcast, bad back remedies just to start with that he has hocked, er um, sold over the years. The guy is worth millions, somehow I think he's sold out. And good for him, as we all should be that lucky. (Been listening since 1997)

But let me save you some time on your retort, I'm boring, like rough sex (which how can I be both, hmmm) a sell out , and a slut. That should about cover it. Oh and I worship Nancy Birnes. :)
and you're old.

Ciardelo

i think Art is going to be back tonight. he has some serious charges to answer to.

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 21, 2015, 02:30:35 PM
Indeed. Stuck in denial phase and cannot get to the next phase of acceptance.

Like a told an *wink wink* anonymous poster in a PM; we all are waiting for his return...

Oh, Lordy Lordy! The Spiritual! I can't contain myself!

Night Train

Quote from: pyewacket on December 21, 2015, 02:25:45 PM
You could be right about all this PB, but I have to wonder if Art isn't trying to have his cake and eat it, too. Being a nigh-time radio host is not all that conducive to a happy or even routine family life. I imagine trying to balance that with raising children is a strain on a marriage. Ramona was part of C2C and gave Art the help and support he needed. I understand that Art was devastated when he lost her, but he chose to marry a much younger woman, who is as Art has mentioned, a good Catholic. It's not surprising that Aryn wanted a child. This complicates any plans Art may have to continue doing night-time radio. I'm thinking he has himself in a place where he can't do both. Not sure how this will all play out.

I'm pretty sure this is a huge part of the issue.  I'd bet that one of the main reasons Art is bored/sick of doing the show is that his wife doesn't like him being away from the family all night and then sleeping late.  She knew how much doing a show meant to Art, so she agreed to it, but after a few months was sick of spending her nights alone, and Art spending less time with his daughter because he sleeps late.  So she starts dropping hints about how unhappy she is. So Art starts dropping hints on the show about how old he is and how hard doing the show is at his age.  Her hints get stronger, so he realizes he needs to start laying the groundwork for a plausible reason to quit yet again.

So we start hearing tales of the Unknown Shooter.  But he's still not ready to walk away.  And then a kink in the works - big stations start signing up.  Los Angeles and Dallas.  This alarms his wife, who fears that if the show gets too big, her husband may never walk away from it.  So she puts her foot down the other day - quit, and quit now, Art, or I'm out of here, and I'm taking our daughter.  So, after boasting about bringing KABC and KLIF on board, Art just up and quits, saying he's cracked the mic for the last time.  Makes up a story about he can't be on the air because he needs to protect his terrified wife and daughter.  Then he's back on the air the next night.   Then, a couple nights after that, he's on here insisting that he never intended people to think he was quitting, but only taking a break until the Unknown Shooter is captured.  But he seems to realize for the first time just how badly he messed things up on the radio end this time - his fans are turning on him, and it looks like there's not going to be any show to return to.  And now he's panicking.  Going dark on FB.  Quitting Bellgab.  Making up wild excuses for both.

There may be a better explanation for recent events, but I think this is pretty close.  If anyone has a better one, I'm all ears.

Ciardelo

I can't wait to hear Art again.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 21, 2015, 02:36:21 PM
and you're old.
Dammit I knew I forgot something! Thanks for reminding me ;D

Quote from: Donald Noory on December 21, 2015, 02:35:11 PM
Hey, after a brief conversation with her, Art sent her a signed copy of his book with the inscription "Here's the rest of the story." What in the hell else could an abandoned child want? Gee, what a real stand-up guy.

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news-and-opinion/lost_in_space-38428459.html

That's fucking dark.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 21, 2015, 02:44:53 PM
Dammit I knew I forgot something! Thanks for reminding me ;D
We gotcher "back" get it? Get it? It's because of your ava....oh...nevermind Im sure you got it. PBS Gets it.

trostol

tonight is gonna be a replay cause its a holiday week lol