No
No

nextgen.fm

Sounds like the old Gorgon is laying another rotten egg on America tonight

Quote from: nextgen.fm on December 02, 2014, 02:47:27 AM
Sounds like the old Gorgon is laying another rotten egg on America tonight

Lol

Yeah, that's the best-case scenario.

The worst-case scenario is that he may have set science back a few dozen years with this interview alone.

Quote from: zeebo on December 02, 2014, 01:15:56 AM
This astrobiology guest sounds promising.  This worries me.  Chances of another Noory-patented missed opportunity is rising.

Yeah.. promising but ended up being a washout like usual.  George asks the same basic questions over and over not really realizing there's a difference between space science specialties.

michio

Again with "We have more firepower in our smartphones than the Apollo......" sound bites. When is Tommy going to finish the sNoory Soundboard v1? sNoory doesn't need to be there in person, but only in soundboard voice with Tommy pressing the appropriate response and running the show. That eight minutes of show prep is more evident than ever.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 02, 2014, 03:02:52 AM
Yeah.. promising but ended up being a washout like usual.  George asks the same basic questions over and over not really realizing there's a difference between space science specialties.

Nah, they're all just science guys who all study the same ol' science thingies while wearing their white lab coats and really thick glasses.

WOTR

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 02, 2014, 01:59:36 AM
"You really seem to like what you do."

Oh, no.

It's really really early for George to be pulling that invariable turd out of his ass.

This guy will be lucky to last an hour.
...And this is why I love coming here to read the commentary.
Quote from: zeebo on December 02, 2014, 02:29:25 AM[/font]Make it stop, he's really reaching now:  "What fascinates you the most about the universe?"
[/font]
Ah, but has he asked the ever-popular "what first got you interested in this?"

WOTR

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 02, 2014, 02:32:54 AM
This ex-NASA guy must feel as if he's being interviewed by a medieval villager village idiot with a serious case of third-stage syphilis.
Fixed it for you.

Quote from: michio on December 02, 2014, 03:04:01 AM
Again with "We have more firepower in our smartphones than the Apollo......" sound bites. When is Tommy going to finish the sNoory Soundboard v1? sNoory doesn't need to be there in person, but only in soundboard voice with Tommy pressing the appropriate response and running the show. That eight minutes of show prep is more evident than ever.

Before smartphones, I think George used another device to make the same tired point.

He probably said "our laptops."  And before that, "Today's personal computer has more blah, blah, blah . . . "

The funny thing is how hard George tries to make everybody think it's his observation. 

If you ever meet anybody who tells you, "George Noory once said that there's more computing power in my smartphone than there was in all the Apollo missions," then you know to feel embarrassment for that person.

Quote from: wotr1 on December 02, 2014, 03:09:46 AM
Fixed it for you.

Lol

Yes, you sure did.

That was certainly a sentence missing its idiot.

It's really time to retire the show when the most captivating parts that I look forward to are the news breaks.

At least George mentioned Einstein without asking what would have happened if he had a computer.  I guess that's an improvement.

I guess it's good mentally ill people have a place where they can call, and be heard and valued.

The ex-NASA scientist issues a peculiar nervous laugh every so often, which sounds as if he's being detained by New Guinea cannibals and needs to be moving along now so as to join his colleagues engaged elsewhere in the jungle.

George sure suctioned himself onto this stupid, relatively-new construction, "your take," in place of "your opinion" or "your impression," or "your view."  Any one of those substituted now and then might make him sound a little less like a cretin, but then he wouldn't be George Noory, and we wouldn't be laughing.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 02, 2014, 03:24:00 AM
It's really time to retire the show when the most captivating parts that I look forward to are the news breaks.

Jeez, even Dinovite's starting to sound good by comparison.

Gee, this is a first:

I don't think George has asked the poor scientist fuck trapped on this show how he first became interested in science.

Maybe George believes he already covered it the usually necessary two or three times.

I wonder when George first got interested in sucking.

zeebo

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 02, 2014, 03:41:10 AM
...I wonder when George first got interested in sucking.

And of all the things he sucks at, what's the number one most fascinating thing.

Quote from: zeebo on December 02, 2014, 03:44:21 AM
And of all the things he sucks at, what's the number one most fascinating thing.

Lol

Not getting the big bang theory?

Cooking frozen snacks?

Not remembering which little note-card he's already read?

Mispronouncing simple words?

Coming up with sufficiently goofy non sequiturs?

Show preparation?

Applying Preparation H?

Hell, you got me on that one.

This thread is to document George's suckage, but I think on any given night we get no more than 10% of it.  There's so much I don't bother posting.

"Scientists would go crazy if they discovered microbial life."

No, George, scientists would not suddenly turn into Steven Quayle, Roger Lear or that goofy bitch, Katherine Albrecht.

They would still remain logical and coherent.

Hey, Katherine's on tomorrow night!

But you won't get to see the tasteful straitjacket -- also known as a "Chinese Tuxedo" -- she has to wear.

However, she will mention "the Mark of the Beast" in her sweet little girl's voice.

George, once again, wanted everyone to know he's near Ferguson, Missouri.

The scientist mentioned how witnesses there, for example, may see things differently, because witnesses to many things naturally do that, and George had to say, "That's where I am."

It really added a lot to the man's point.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 02, 2014, 03:54:27 AM
This thread is to document George's suckage, but I think on any given night we get no more than 10% of it.  There's so much I don't bother posting.

Yeah, and it would be helpful to have a transcript.  I feel I miss a lot by laughing over a good bit of it.

pyewacket

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 02, 2014, 03:48:56 AM
Lol

Not getting the big bang theory?

Cooking frozen snacks?

Not remembering which little note-card he's already read?

Mispronouncing simple words?

Coming up with sufficiently goofy non sequiturs?

Show preparation?

Applying Preparation H?

Hell, you got me on that one.

What....you think show prep of this calibre is easy?!?!

The best of Mehdi Sadaghdar 2

Nick el Ass

Ladies and gentleman. George put on one of the worst shows he has even done last night, and I'm sorry... but I can't listen to him any more under any circumstances. The local radio station has apparently grown tired of him too, and has began cutting into the show for the first time ever by playing extra long infomercials for fish oil which is a sign they are likely about to drop the show that has been on since the early days of C2C. I have now tuned my radio back to the local classical music station, and will never listen to another Coast is Toast show with Noory as the host.

\GNRFS

ComeBackArt

Quote from: Nick el Ass on December 02, 2014, 02:41:37 PM
Ladies and gentleman. George put on one of the worst shows he has even done last night, and I'm sorry...

I dozed off before the program even began and forgot to set TuneIn to record it last night, so I was feeling bitter that I may have missed a rare good show. But I suddenly feel much better, so thank you! I should know better than to have thought otherwise; Knapp wasn't hosting.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Nick el Ass on December 02, 2014, 02:41:37 PM
Ladies and gentleman. George put on one of the worst shows he has even done last night, and I'm sorry... but I can't listen to him any more under any circumstances. The local radio station has apparently grown tired of him too, and has began cutting into the show for the first time ever by playing extra long infomercials for fish oil which is a sign they are likely about to drop the show that has been on since the early days of C2C. I have now tuned my radio back to the local classical music station, and will never listen to another Coast is Toast show with Noory as the host.

\GNRFS
I'm no cosmologist, but I am a beanbag chair philosopher so...
I thought there was like, an Absolute Zero of Suckness in which junk couldn't get any colder- uh I mean suckier? I thought we were there last month I mean... Agent Orange, WR2fitty, anyone?

albrecht

Once again we get a guest who seems to be befuddled by Norry (and likely frantically texting his publicist how he got onto the show and had to stay up late answering ridiculous questions.) Norry kept asking the same questions- not even in different ways. We get that you don't understand the 'Big Bang', George. How many times must you ask the question or try to get people to explain it to you? When the scientist answers your question about God or "something out there," you don't need to ask it again and again. Try another question, maybe?
-GNS

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 02, 2014, 12:30:16 AM

Also, notice the sparkle of intelligence in Krankor's eye.

They dubbed that sparkle into Krankor's eye.

Quote from: albrecht on December 02, 2014, 04:57:33 PM
.. We get that you don't understand the 'Big Bang', George. How many times must you ask the question or try to get people to explain it to you?
-GNS

It's funny.  George can't grasp how scientists using math and physics can look backwards at the universe to get a decent theory of its formation, yet George himself is backwards.

He's gotten relatively simple explanations of the theory before, yet remains as stalwartly obtuse about it as ever.

I think he's kind of a liar and simply won't admit that he has no interest in the big bang theory. 

How could he, anyway?  His gross lack of preparation with respect to these scientists belies his gross lack of interest in the subject. 

Speaking of respect, he's always claiming to give it to his listeners and guests, but this isn't true.  If he had any respect at all for his guests, then he'd learn a little something about their subjects.  What else does he have to do all day --  that is, when he's not burning his esophagus on radioactive pizza rolls or accidentally shaving off half his mustache?

He's just welded himself onto something somebody has told him is cute and "average Joe-like" ("It's so cute how you can never get the big bang theory, George; you're really dumb, just like us") and he's more concerned with making this ding-bat contrivance into a part of what he thinks is his interesting persona, along with his alleged revulsion towards clowns and Ouija boards.

In other words he's built this woeful stupidity into his "brand" -- as the turd-polishing public relations hacks call it -- and if George were a brand of food, he'd be the lowest order of junk shit you'd never want to eat, unless you were absolutely starving. 

I'm thinking of those fantastically-red pig's feet you sometimes see in a jar of brine at a convenience store or the plastic-looking, skinny sausages that look like something used in surgery.  George is a mental Slim Jim.