• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

littlechris

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 27, 2015, 06:49:30 AM

NO I wouldn't. One does not dare offend our desert sovreign.

I have too much respect for Art to do that while there are clowns on here who would go to Pahrump, stand outside his house and yell :

" Art Bell's a quitter. Art Bell's a quitter. Ah nah  nah  nah nah ! " over and over.

Now the traitorous Church, That's a whole 'nother issue.

As is Premiere and Noory.

Could it all be angels ... err ... a conspiracy ?

More on that in today's video, coming later.

Dear Leader,

Rumor has it that you may be coming out with your own paranormal show?? Can you confirm this sir?

Falkie2013

Quote from: littlechris on January 27, 2015, 07:06:16 AM
Well, KNYE just totally redesigned their website for the first time in 20 years so maybe they are planning something? hmmmm.

Their burro finally came back & they're celebrating.

Falkie2013

Quote from: littlechris on January 27, 2015, 07:08:20 AM
Dear Leader,

Rumor has it that you may be coming out with your own paranormal show?? Can you confirm this sir?

i am thinking of doing my own podcast, yes.

and calling it dark clutter. 😀😛

AZZERAE

Quote from: Art Bell on January 24, 2015, 08:36:38 PM
Hi again,

It's been a long time since I have posted. First I did not miss any shows for Sirius/XM save for one when the studio in New York went down, none missed for my back or the spider bite.

Second, I do still have the Flu and have had a bad back since I was in my 20s, sometimes it is ok and at other times I can not walk. Only people with bad backs can possibly understand.

Third, IF I decide to take a run a streaming it will be free while live as I have always said, this would be in July
after my Non-Compete is over. It would also be at my own expense and require a considerable investment. It will
also require a Producer which may be a problem because Paul may not be available, no Producer would mean no show.

Fourth, I have zero regrets about having left Sirius/XM and were I faced today with the same situation now, would make the same decision. The ONLY thing I would have done is to not have signed a contract with them in the first place without understanding their streaming problems, it was represented to me that they had a viable National and International stream in place, that is on me.

Fifth, If anything aside from my Health would hold me back it would be the people who as I have read on this board are already starting to say I will quit again, if I decide to give this a try at my age there is no guarantee
my Health will hold out and if it does not it might be wiser to not begin as opposed to facing all the grief I would get if at some point I could not hold up.

These are the things I am considering...

Art Bell

We love you, Art.

Everybody, please stop offering Art advice, and leave him be.

Let us respect his privacy.

Danger!UFO

I don't think we are disrespecting Art's privacy when we voice encouragement for a new show, are we? Those who support Art need to do so. Don't let the trolls win.

dan7800

Come back Art. Once a week whenever you feel like it. Keep it simple.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 27, 2015, 07:39:19 AM

i am thinking of doing my own podcast, yes.

and calling it dark clutter. 😀😛
I give dude two points for this.
I mean he's got the brevity and self-deprecating thing all together, bi-paragraphular, then bang bang with the emojis. Actually, I think without them I would've given dude a three.

Quote from: dan7800 on January 27, 2015, 11:42:32 AM
Come back Art. Once a week whenever you feel like it. Keep it simple.

I was thinking he could shout the headlines out his back door every new moon between the hours of 10:09 and 10:21 PM.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Danger!UFO on January 27, 2015, 10:30:24 AM
I don't think we are disrespecting Art's privacy when we voice encouragement for a new show, are we? Those who support Art need to do so. Don't let the trolls win.

You're right, Danger!UFO, the encouragement of a new show is a great thing.

I just think Art is certain what he wants to do, regardless of folks' suggestions... Some of whom may know far less about radio than he does.

Art has always focused on quality, and its the reason he left Sirius XM. He needs to find his own way with his next possible project, nobody else can offer too much input. At his age and with his experience whatever he touches will be gold.

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 27, 2015, 12:14:57 PM

I was thinking he could shout the headlines out his back door every new moon between the hours of 10:09 and 10:21 PM.
Ha! :))  That denial stage can be a bitch to get through.

coaster

Quote from: MV on January 26, 2015, 08:32:47 PM
Fuck this. I want more Art Bell shows.
This. Absolutely.
Quote from: Azzerae on January 27, 2015, 09:58:36 AM

derp. Encouraging someone has nothing to do with their privacy. How does Art's taint taste btw?

Marc.Knight

Art also seems to be "testing our reaction" by posting here.  I'm not sure if he is trying to groom us for bad news, or just trying to measure encouragement from the audience.

zeebo

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 27, 2015, 12:02:22 PM
I give dude two points for this.
I mean he's got the brevity and self-deprecating thing all together, bi-paragraphular, then bang bang with the emojis. Actually, I think without them I would've given dude a three.

haha, exactly

AZZERAE

Quote from: coaster on January 27, 2015, 02:02:58 PM
This. Absolutely. derp. Encouraging someone has nothing to do with their privacy. How does Art's taint taste btw?

Burp. Tastes great btw.

jazmunda

Join the LIVE GabCast chat, and stream TODAY, Jan. 27, 2015 @ 8PM Eastern - 5PM Pacific

Art Bell will be a talking point tonight.

Listen and chat: http://ufoship.com/chat/

Call the show: 623-242-CAST(2278)

Skype call: The.GabCast

Contact GabCast by email: thegabcastemail@gmail.com

You can follow GabCast on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thegabcast

Twitter: @TheGabCast

tastycanadian

so now Art doesn't even know if he will come back? what a tease!

Delphi

Is eastern 1 hour ahead of Central?

jazmunda

We're LIVE in 15 minutes.

Listen and chat: http://ufoship.com/chat/

Call the show: 623-242-CAST(2278)

Skype call: The.GabCast

Quote from: Azzerae on January 27, 2015, 09:58:36 AM

We love you, Art.

Respect his privacy and leave him be?  No one is doing anything to him.  He posts here, we aren't supposed to respond?  We're not supposed to have any opinions?

Art is great as the host of a radio show.  Fantastic.  Perhaps the best ever.  That doesn't necessarily carry over to the business end of things, or to anything else.  Maybe he's fantastic at that too, and to other things related and unrelated to the radio biz as well, maybe he isn't.

But after watching a 6 week show blow up - and the reasons given being known issues with Sirius, then hearing about a 2 year non-compete on top of that, I'm thinking he could use some input.  Doesn't have to take it.  Doesn't even have to read it. 

But he's a big boy.  I'm going to post whatever I want, and I'm guessing so is everyone else. 

zeebo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 28, 2015, 12:02:59 AM
I'm going to post whatever I want, and I'm guessing so is everyone else.

The unofficial bellgab motto.   ;)

dan7800

Art knows what he is doing. We look forward to your show in July.

Art just needs the proper venue for his return and sad to say the 32kbps Dark Matter Radio stream just isn't the place.  I think we all appreciate what Keith Rowland is trying to do but this is ART BELL we're talking about, not some wannabe podcaster in his bedroom with a laptop and a microphone.  The sound quality of Jimmy Church's show is vastly better on spreaker.com and that's what Art deserves too.

My advice would be to either upgrade the Dark Matter stream or get with a bigger outfit with some manpower behind it who can promote the hell out the new show via social media, message boards, etc.  It doesn't even have to be July, maybe a fall launch would be better but just take your time Art and get it right this time please.  And don't even think about not coming back, we don't want to hear that crap anymore as you've teased us long enough.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 28, 2015, 12:02:59 AM
Respect his privacy and leave him be?  No one is doing anything to him.  He posts here, we aren't supposed to respond?  We're not supposed to have any opinions?

Art is great as the host of a radio show.  Fantastic.  Perhaps the best ever.  That doesn't necessarily carry over to the business end of things, or to anything else.  Maybe he's fantastic at that too, and to other things related and unrelated to the radio biz as well, maybe he isn't.

But after watching a 6 week show blow up - and the reasons given being known issues with Sirius, then hearing about a 2 year non-compete on top of that, I'm thinking he could use some input.  Doesn't have to take it.  Doesn't even have to read it. 

But he's a big boy.  I'm going to post whatever I want, and I'm guessing so is everyone else.

Opinions are a dime a dozen.

But opinions don't get anything done.

All I'm saying is, maybe if we stop prying so much, Art may be a little more comfortable with making a comeback.

If Art is uncomfortable, it'll be a "no show", in more ways than one.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Azzerae on January 28, 2015, 06:48:07 AM

If Art is uncomfortable, it'll be a "no show", in more ways than one.

And everyone else's fault.

AZZERAE

"If anything aside from my Health would hold me back it would be the people who as I have read on this board are already starting to say I will quit again... it might be wiser to not begin as opposed to facing all the grief I would get if at some point I could not hold up."

No. Not everyone else's fault. A select few. That same select few that continue to talk a load of baloney about Art being a "quitter".

He is not a quitter.

What incentive does he really have for being back on the air?

He doesn't owe any of us anything, he doesn't need the money. He's always maintained he'd done radio because it was fun. There are PLENTY other ways to make money- FAR easier ways too. But with all this bitching and moaning from his "fans", its not making it fun for him at all. Its making it more trouble than its worth!

If I were him, I wouldn't come back. Not with this unpleasant atmosphere.

But I'm not him. And he'll do what he does, when he does it.

DesertFox

Quote from: Azzerae on January 28, 2015, 12:15:50 PM
"If anything aside from my Health would hold me back it would be the people who as I have read on this board are already starting to say I will quit again... it might be wiser to not begin as opposed to facing all the grief I would get if at some point I could not hold up."

No. Not everyone else's fault. A select few. That same select few that continue to talk a load of baloney about Art being a "quitter".

He is not a quitter.

He doesn't owe any of us anything, he doesn't need the money. He's always maintained he'd done radio because it was fun. There are PLENTY other ways to make money- FAR easier ways too. But with all this bitching and moaning from his "fans", its not making it fun for him at all. Its making it more trouble than its worth!

Most support Art in doing a show and as talent...only a few are on the negative side.  So NO, the atmosphere is not bad for the most part.

Delphi

I think it's important for people to show support for art in this time,  he's got alot to do and doesent need negativity.

I believe that Art sold KNYE. I don't know why he just doesn't broadcast from there via streaming and regular radio. It would be just a matter of time before he would start picking up non-Premier affiliates.

Keep it simple Art. Start small and work up. No need to start big..........

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Azzerae on January 28, 2015, 12:15:50 PM

He is not a quitter.

He'll always have sock puppets like you that deny reality. A loyalist like you will keep falling down the stairs. To say Art isn't a quitter makes you a Pangloss of the highest order. The shit he pulled in 2013 was just fantastic. Blame truckers and message boards for his flop.

This place is 85/15 in favor of Art and a zombie like you has panic attacks about the 15%. Real "unpleasant atmosphere", you dolt.