• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Now that coot of a woman at Premier will need to worry about her job, as well as Snorty.

Go get some Art.

ks3484

Quote from: Art Bell on January 30, 2015, 05:03:41 PM
Hi all here is a update,

Hi there you.

Here is the way I see things: Starting in late July Dark Matter makes a return five nights a Week
from 9PM-12AM P.T. on DMRN. The Stream will be at a higher bit rate and FREE to all..

I guess this is the evolution of the revolution. I remember when you did Coast from 10P.M.- 3A.M. (PT)
five nights a week and there would be a rerun on Saturday night 10P.M.- 3A.M. (PT), and Dreamland from 6P.M. - 10P.M. on Sundays followed by a Coast reruns from 10P.M.- 3A.M. (PT).

At your age I can't imagine doing 5 hour shows 5 days a week any more. I remember when you cut it back to doing 4 hour shows 5 nights a week but, that would be pushing it a little at your age. You've settled in and will be attempting to do 3 hour shows 5 nights a week. Depending on how your health holds up under the schedule that you have set works out, you might even consider doing 3 hour shows 3 or 4 times a week. It's an option you should consider depending on how your health holds up. It's important to remember you're not a middle aged kid / juggernaut anymore. Art, it's not a sum total, or an all or nothing game for you any more. You've been to the top. You will be a part of radio history pretty much for all time now. Are there Marconi Awards for podcasting or streaming a show over the net? If not - they should.

BTW: Will Whitley be doing Dreamland on Sundays in your time slot?

As I mentioned a Producer is needed and it looks like we have found a really good one, Paul will
also be able to assist.

This is Great news! But, you should remember that stuff happens, so you might want to keep a few numbers of other producers handy....just in case.

I will be depending on all of YOU as well as my FB followers to spread the word far and wide on
Social Media. A blitz if you will, BUT not yet, it's still too early, but I will give you all the word, we don't
need magazine's and we sure do not need AM radio to spread the word, Social media has far more
power, I have seen what YOU can do.

If I'm not mistaken I believe that you are saying that you want to see if you can go viral on the net, and be one of the top news stories in the main and alternative news on the day that you resume broadcasting about Dark Matter and stuff.

Ya know, I remember a time when going to your Coast website was the "IN" thing to do in those days. Some Coasters would check your website two, even three times a day just to make sure that they hadn't missed any Earth shaking, or life changing factoids.

We will start building the Studio in March or so and as I have mentioned I will absorb the cost
myself.

Remember there are other options Art. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making an appeal to your fans to help you out with the overhead and the ongoing operating costs of your new old show. Even if the money is to buy time to put your show on AM or/and FM stations.

This will be a labor of love because I do dearly love Talk Radio. There will only be enough content
from anything else to give myself a short break every hour, or put another way, almost no commercials.

A labor of love is okay - What The World Needs Now is more Sweet Love. (
Sweet Love is a Commodores signature song)

There are other very exciting aspects of what this show will have, but again it is simply too early to give
away what is coming. Trust me it is exciting.

You are a gadget and gizmo kind of guy. Art! don't forget the fax and the fast blast.

Art Bell  [/c][/c]
[/q]Remember to Chronicle Your Observations, Art!!!

[/q]

Whoo hoo wonder if lyon's and Noory's shit talking pushed him towards giving it a go. Either way I love me some art bell. We need to hit social media harder than the #freart bell thing when he gives the word. We need to blitz every message board and facebook page we know when he gives the word.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 31, 2015, 05:38:49 AM
Whoo hoo wonder if lyon's and Noory's shit talking pushed him towards giving it a go. Either way I love me some art bell. We need to hit social media harder than the #freart bell thing when he gives the word. We need to blitz every message board and facebook page we know when he gives the word.
WhAt did she say I missed it

Quote from: nextgen.fm on January 31, 2015, 06:05:20 AM
WhAt did she say I missed it

He was old and closed minded. Click back a few pages I posted the email.

Quote from: SnapT on January 31, 2015, 12:25:30 AM
All the more reason Art needs to simulcast his live feed on high-traffic sites like YouTube.

Last year, the Video Game Awards switched from being broadcast live on cable television (SpikeTV) to streaming live on YouTube.  Guess what happened.  The viewership increased by 75 percent.  http://www.dailydot.com/geek/game-awards-ratings-surpass-spike-vgx/

YouTube live streaming can be a way for Art to create a whole new generation of fans.

Brilliant insight. It would definitely work, and be worldwide without any special fuss. I get a kick out of an old radio man going online. It's perfect and fitting for Art who never fit into any mold.

b_dubb

BellGab - Art Bell's Unpaid Media Consultancy

George Noory?  No he can fuck off.

Delphi

Glad someone else agrees with my YouTube ideas and ithers

Quote from: Delphi on January 31, 2015, 10:17:39 AM
Glad someone else agrees with my YouTube ideas and ithers

Send an email to keith

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on November 16, 2014, 04:04:09 AM
West of the Rockies

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Art-Bell-Themed-Screen-Printed-T-shirt-Coast-to-Coast-am-Dark-Matter-/321587361887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item4ae019b85f#ht_164wt_976

East of the Rockies

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321587361534?var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_54wt_976
Wanted one of these before. These still available? Also, maybe to help Art out any way to throw on the back that Bell returns July 2015 on DMRN or something along those lines...a bit of advertising for Art? I'd surely pay more since that obviously increase costs.

b_dubb

Cause if there's anything Art needs more of as he prepares his new enterprise is more unsolicited emails

Delphi

Quote from: b_dubb on January 31, 2015, 11:51:15 AM
Cause if there's anything Art needs more of as he prepares his new enterprise is more unsolicited emails
Are you talking about the shirts?  I'm confused

Delphi

Does Art really not sound like himself on the phone or are alot of callers just idiots?  He has a very distinct voice..

They are always like Uhh is this art?  YES , am I on the air?  YES ,  is this Art Bell?  You have 30 seconds.. blah blah.. You know how it goes. .. I just don't understand them

Heather Wade

Quote from: Delphi on January 31, 2015, 12:24:59 PM
Does Art really not sound like himself on the phone or are alot of callers just idiots?  He has a very distinct voice..

They are always like Uhh is this art?  YES , am I on the air?  YES ,  is this Art Bell?  You have 30 seconds.. blah blah.. You know how it goes. .. I just don't understand them

Sounded like Art when I called him.  When he's back on the air, give him a call & find out Delphi!   ;D

Delphi

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 31, 2015, 12:37:56 PM

Sounded like Art when I called him.  When he's back on the air, give him a call & find out Delphi!   ;D
I am for sure.. I don't want to miss an opportunity

Delphi

I emailed Keith about the YouTube streaming and chat
QuoteI'm not sure what video would be shown with the audio?

I think you need to have a certain number of subscribers to start, so I'll have to look into.

We use the Twitter hashtag #DMchat for our chatting, shows up right on the home page.

I'm gonna see what I can find and email back

cweb

I think if Art keeps the social media stuff up, it could very well add another element of audience interaction that complements calls and e-mails. DMRN's twitter blitz did add an element of interaction to Church's show.

An IRC chat would be cool, but they'd need moderation help. One cool way to implement the chat is have mods "flag" certain comments for submission to Art. Yeah, it's call screening in a way. But chat can be more immediately overwhelming than phone lines, and easier to spam.

Quote from: Needle woman on January 31, 2015, 02:13:05 AM
George is talking about Art's return right now.

Gee, I wonder how Noory and crew found out?  LOL.  He can't keep himself away from Bellgab.  It must irk Noory to no end that Art would post a message to those "haterz" on Bellgab.

Marc.Knight

Marc.Knight

Noory is Sheep.

[attachimg=1]

MV/Liberace!

GabCast tonight.  9PM Eastern.  UFOShip.com/chat to listen.  Call the show at 623-242-CAST.

Marc.Knight

Heather Wade

Those are great Marc.Knight!

Marc.Knight