• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Brexit

Started by Imconfused, June 22, 2016, 01:58:16 PM

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Taaroa on December 13, 2019, 08:40:01 AM
https://youtu.be/T72TopWbXJg

Australia's set up for the senate is similar (ie 12 senators from each state regardless of population) and is good in theory, but it has resulted in smaller, poorer, and normally irrelevant states like Tasmania and South Australia holding the rest of the country to ransom.

And then there is Canada which has the exact opposite problem.  Given the alternatives, I like equal representation in the upper chamber and the electoral college system.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: pyewacket on December 17, 2019, 04:37:04 PM
It's a Christmas Brexit sing along!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwzpYVZ-59g

I’ll give it an 8.  It has catchy lyrics and is to easy to dance to.

Quote from: albrecht on January 08, 2020, 07:02:22 PM
Harry and Meghan are apparently fleeing Britain!

https://nypost.com/2020/01/08/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-are-hypocrites-abdicate-or-stay/

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/08/buckingham-palace-blindsided-by-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-resignation/

Huh. 

So did Ms. Markle renounce her U.S. citizenship?  If not, I am sure Uncle Sugar wants a hunk of those "Royal Stipends" or whatever they get.

Kind of a delicious thought - Shreddies tax pounds flowing into the IRS coffers to fund Senda and Kathy. 

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 08, 2020, 07:20:55 PM
Huh. 

So did Ms. Markle renounce her U.S. citizenship?  If not, I am sure Uncle Sugar wants a hunk of those "Royal Stipends" or whatever they get.

Kind of a delicious thought - Shreddies tax pounds flowing into the IRS coffers to fund Senda and Kathy.
That would be funny but I think they are fleeing to Canada so still under the aegis of the Realm but, apparently, resigning from some of their royal duties or line of succession? I haven't research what all is legally going on- just saw the tabloids headlines.

Quote from: albrecht on January 08, 2020, 07:25:05 PM
That would be funny but I think they are fleeing to Canada so still under the aegis of the Realm but, apparently, resigning from some of their royal duties or line of succession? I haven't research what all is legally going on- just saw the tabloids headlines.

Can flee wherever but I believe if you make more than a hundred grand, Uncle Sugar wants to hear from you.  I might be wrong in the Duchesses case.   

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 08, 2020, 07:27:38 PM
Can flee wherever but I believe if you make more than a hundred grand, Uncle Sugar wants to hear from you.  I might be wrong in the Duchesses case.
You have to report/file any and ALL income. Whether or not you have to PAY depends on your income, any tax treat agreements, days of residency abroad, etc. US is one of the only countries, if not THE only, country that demands you file, or pay, personal income tax even if you live and derive your income abroad. And it is technically illegal to give up US citizenship for "tax purposes." There are also are capital controls/fines if expatriating in some cases. You also need to report money or value taken over $10K (I think still, might have changed) and when bringing back stuff of that value. Technically you can take whatever amount of cash (jewellery, etc)  but have to report it and submit the forms. It is "suggested" that you request special TSA screening when doing so (avoid being a target and allowing the gov't to be prepared for you and not think you are a smuggler etc.)

Quote from: albrecht on January 08, 2020, 07:43:59 PM
You have to report/file any and ALL income. Whether or not you have to PAY depends on your income, any tax treat agreements, days of residency abroad, etc. US is one of the only countries, if not THE only, country that demands you file, or pay, personal income tax even if you live and derive your income abroad. And it is technically illegal to give up US citizenship for "tax purposes." There are also are capital controls/fines if expatriating in some cases. You also need to report money or value taken over $10K (I think still, might have changed) and when bringing back stuff of that value. Technically you can take whatever amount of cash (jewellery, etc)  but have to report it and submit the forms. It is "suggested" that you request special TSA screening when doing so (avoid being a target and allowing the gov't to be prepared for you and not think you are a smuggler etc.)

Sounds like you have been there and back again.   ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 08, 2020, 07:49:13 PM
Sounds like you have been there and back again.   ;)
They also passed an onerous law/regulation (I could rant about this also but, basically, regulations become law but Congress doesn't pass them) some years ago* so you have to report wealth held in foreign accounts. Even if you ALREADY reported or paid income on it and if you aren't earning any income (interest or capital gains etc) on it. Many foreign banks have made it harder for Americans to have due to the onerous rules and resent the US saying that they must abide by US regulations- bullying! 

* Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) (FinCEN Form 114, previously Form TD F 90-22.1

I will be curious as online, digital currency, and WW credit cards and apps happen and expand, global travel and business expands, and as borders are erased how long the IRS, and other taxing districts, will be able to hang on to archaic and onerous rules.

Quote from: albrecht on January 08, 2020, 08:02:32 PM
They also passed an onerous law/regulation (I could rant about this also but, basically, regulations become law but Congress doesn't pass them) some years ago* so you have to report wealth held in foreign accounts. Even if you ALREADY reported or paid income on it and if you aren't earning any income (interest or capital gains etc) on it. Many foreign banks have made it harder for Americans to have due to the onerous rules and resent the US saying that they must abide by US regulations- bullying! 

* Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) (FinCEN Form 114, previously Form TD F 90-22.1

I will be curious as online, digital currency, and WW credit cards and apps happen and expand, global travel and business expands, and as borders are erased how long the IRS, and other taxing districts, will be able to hang on to archaic and onerous rules.

Yeah.   Bastards are after my Krugerrands over in Geneva man.   Was intense there for a bit....................

Princess Diana, believing that one day William would be King, left her entire personal fortune to Harry.  Should William abdicate or worse, then Harry would be King and have ALL the wealth.

After more details of randy Andy's involvement with Epstein, and Epstein's involvement with Clinton are revealed, we may find that Harry was most wise to distance himself.

In The Bible, it's always the younger brother who usurps entitlements from the elder brother.  The Antichrist will be a European military man. 

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on January 08, 2020, 08:21:40 PM
Princess Diana, believing that one day William would be King, left her entire personal fortune to Harry.  Should William abdicate or worse, then Harry would be King and have ALL the wealth.

After more details of randy Andy's involvement with Epstein, and Epstein's involvement with Clinton are revealed, we may find that Harry was most wise to distance himself.

In The Bible, it's always the younger brother who usurps entitlements from the elder brother.  The Antichrist will be a European military man.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/10/prince-harrys-role-head-royal-marines-doubt-hadnt-been-seen-months-claim/

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been hiding out at the home of Canadian billionaire Frank Giustra, whose close ties to the Clintons have created international controversy, Page Six can exclusively reveal.

Harry and Meghan refused to reveal the owner of the multi-million dollar waterfront mansion near Victoria, British Columbia â€" the place where they plotted their shock exit from the royal family.

Inside the Canadian fortress where Prince Harry, Meghan Markle plotted Megxit
But multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told Page Six that the owner is Giustra, 62, who made his fortune as a stockbroker, co-founded Hollywood studio Lionsgate â€" producing flicks including “American Psycho” and the Michael Moore documentary “Fahrenheit 9/11” â€" and is best known in the US as one of the biggest donors to the Clinton Foundation.

Giustra, a divorced father of two, is no stranger to controversy.

In 2005, he and President Bill Clinton traveled together to Kazakhstan to meet with the former Soviet republic’s authoritarian leader. Days later, Giustra acquired shares in three of the country’s state-run uranium mines â€" a venture valued at more than $3 billion. Months after the Kazakh pact, Giustra reportedly gave a $31.3 million donation to the Clinton Foundation and has since publicly pledged he’ll donate another $100 million.

Both Giustra and Clinton have denied the former US president helped him cement the Kazakh deal, and Giustra later divested himself of the assets.

Then in 2016, as Hillary Clinton was running for president, the leaked e-mails of her campaign chairman, John Podesta, revealed that Giustra and Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim gave an endowment of $20 million in 2010 to the Clinton Foundation to set up the for-profit Haiti Development Fund, intended to give seed money to Haitian entrepreneurs after the devastating earthquake. Yet there is “almost nothing in the public record” showing what happened to the millions of dollars, according to reports at the time.

Giustra was furious at the claims and later told Canada’s National Post that the Clinton controversy was “insanity … a fâ€"king circus,” ranting, “I’m like, seriously, folks? I’m giving away money. There’s a campaign, a political campaign. Anybody with half a brain would know what’s happening.”

Guistra, who currently runs the private equity firm Fiore Financial, remains on the board of directors of the Clinton Foundation and is a renowned philanthropist through his Radcliffe Foundation, which helps causes such as the Boys Club network and the homeless and supports the International Crisis Group by providing humanitarian aid and supplies to refugee camps in Greece and Turkey.

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/12/canadian-billionaire-frank-giustra-providing-luxe-hideout-for-prince-harry-meghan-markle/

Dr. MD MD

Now Canadians will have to put up with this royal douche being one of their citizens. Ah, the benifits of being a British Commonwealth country. ;D

I’m watching the CBC, who regularly try to get people to obsess over the royals whenever there’s the slightest news about them, and yes, they’re spending real time on this programming. ::)

Seriously, the best thing Canadians could do right now is to kick him out and declare that they’re now a modern constitutional republic.

Princess Diana was arguably the most beloved, popular, famous, celebrity in the World.  I always thought that she wasn't that hot, and was more over a total twit.  She did great charity work, however, especially in Africa with HIV children.  William and Harry spent a lot of time with her on those missions.

She was divorced by the heir apparent.  Hell hath no fury, what? 

She subsequently campaigned against land mines manufactured by the Royal family and was dating the son of the most hated Arab in Great Britain.  Having custody of the children, if she had married Fahad, the future King and head of the Church of England, would be raised Muslim.

When Diana died a controversial death, all that love from her fans was sympathetically transferred to the sad young lads left behind.  Harry is about to assume her role, as the most popular celebrity in the World.  If the World could vote for president of the One World Government, who do you suppose would win the election?

And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/revelation/6-2.html

A bow with no arrow; (the threat of force without having to use force.  Wow, super high tech?)

Dr. MD MD

Now they’re speculating that Harry and his bride are just using Canada (Cuckistan) as a springboard to US citizenship. Hilarious! Even the royals don’t want to live in commonwealth countries anymore. Shit, between this and Prince Andrew it’s pretty clear the royal family is imploding. Hence, the queen’s need to reiterate the word family over and over again in her press release regarding this. ;D

Taaroa

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 13, 2020, 03:44:50 PM
Now they’re speculating that Harry and his bride are just using Canada (Cuckistan) as a springboard to US citizenship.

What retard came up with this theory? She's an American born in California.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taaroa on January 13, 2020, 05:20:13 PM
What retard came up with this theory? She's an American born in California.

A talking head on the CBC. Regarless, she won’t live their while Trump is president. So precious!  ::)

Dr. MD MD

When they ask the talking heads about whether or not Canadian taxpayers will have to foot the bill for their security the hem and haw and are unclear about that. That’s because, of course, the answer is yes but if they say that outright it will turn public sentiment agsinst both the royals and the Canadian government, as well it should.

Dr. MD MD

The word family is used 8 times.  :)

Here’s another dude who like that word too...

and I think they actually have a lot in common. :D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on January 13, 2020, 12:40:55 PM
I always thought that she wasn't that hot, and was more over a total twit.

Agreed.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on January 13, 2020, 05:53:06 PM
Agreed.
And she was against land mines which are the cheapest- and just plain effective- way to secure a border. She also consorted with some questionable characters that might have lead to her death/murder/accident.  She wasn't really a commoner either but of the Spencer family, a very 'connected' family.