• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

pate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdd4dCpDRSg

edit: I had to note that I think the expressions "Cat's out of the bag" originated from this.  The cat-o-nine-tails (or cat) and the bag it lives in...  Just noticed that.  N'Joy!

Alright time for Hoagcules.

Live show tonight?

comaphobe

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 23, 2016, 01:50:35 AM
it got a big cult following    its kind of --you either love it or hate it   but its 70s   sci fi  sort of dry comedy       its a fun watch

Quote from: TigerLily on January 23, 2016, 01:53:06 AM
Yep, he plays BB. I don't think kids would get that movie

It's now on my priority list with a couple of other dystopian sci-fi movies from around the same time.

sydtron

Quote from: trostol on January 23, 2016, 01:54:53 AM
wasnt Big Trouble in Little China supposed to be a sequel to Buckaroo?

not exactly but sort of same writer and he directed  buckaroo  W. D. Richter directing The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension  and co-writing Big Trouble in Little China.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: comaphobe on January 23, 2016, 01:58:36 AM
It's now on my priority list with a couple of other dystopian sci-fi movies from around the same time.

if you're looking for dystopian check out the 1988 anime film Akira  ;)

akwilly

Enjoyed the show. It gets better each week!

pate

I enjoyed it as well, even the weird troglodytic callers.

I think perhaps this song could be used as bumper music, when appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoARQRCvpQU

comaphobe

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 23, 2016, 02:01:01 AM
if you're looking for dystopian check out the 1988 anime film Akira  ;)

I have that one, it's the limited edition and collectible navy blue metal box version. It's never gotten me laid but looks/feels really cool.

lurkernerge

Quote from: comaphobe on January 23, 2016, 01:58:36 AM

What else is on your list?  Have you seen Cherry 2000, A Boy and His Dog, or Steel Dawn?

lurkernerge

Quote from: hubrid league on January 23, 2016, 02:06:02 AM
What else is on your list?  Have you seen Cherry 2000, A Boy and His Dog, or Steel Dawn?

Also, In the Aftermath is good.

littlechris

Quote from: akwilly on January 23, 2016, 02:01:32 AM

Surprisingly, she did pretty good tonight. But then i only got the last hour and a half. I'd still do her though.  ;D

Quote from: akwilly on January 23, 2016, 02:01:32 AM

We must be listening to different shows.

Heather reminds me of a young Connie Willis. Can't wait for the weekend Art post "Heather is getting better everyday!". Meanwhile Heather asks a random caller who said she sucks if he wants to host. Then gives out the email. This show is an absolute mess. Amateur hour for sure.

comaphobe

Quote from: hubrid league on January 23, 2016, 02:06:02 AM

I have seen Cherry2000 but not in about 20 years, but located it recently as well as A Boy And His Dog which I have never seen. Both are going to be watched sooner than later. I've only watched about 4 movies in the past 6 months. I think A Boy And His Dog was brought up on an old Art Bell show that U7 was streaming and that made me look for A Boy And His Dog. I think it has Don Johnson from Miami Vice, I don't know much more than that. I have not heard of Steel Dawn.

pate

I don't remember Steel Dawn either, but it did make me remember (vaguely) Blue Thunder.  Which as a young lad, I thought was pretty cool.  Better than Airwolf even...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3lDhyM21M

akwilly

Quote from: helloidistance on January 23, 2016, 02:12:45 AM
Heather reminds me of a young Connie Willis. Can't wait for the weekend Art post "Heather is getting better everyday!". Meanwhile Heather asks a random caller who said she sucks if he wants to host. Then gives out the email. This show is an absolute mess. Amateur hour for sure.
I thought she handled that caller pretty good.

Coffeeman

Quote from: akwilly on January 23, 2016, 02:20:52 AM
I thought she handled that caller pretty good.

Cool and indifferent is so boring these days.

lurkernerge

Quote from: comaphobe on January 23, 2016, 02:14:12 AM
I have seen Cherry2000 but not in about 20 years, but located it recently as well as A Boy And His Dog which I have never seen. Both are going to be watched sooner than later. I've only watched about 4 movies in the past 6 months. I think A Boy And His Dog was brought up on an old Art Bell show that U7 was streaming and that made me look for A Boy And His Dog. I think it has Don Johnson from Miami Vice, I don't know much more than that. I have not heard of Steel Dawn.

Yep, Don Johnson.  Great movie.

Steel Dawn is like Mad Max with swords...and starring Patrick Swayze.