• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: TigerLily on December 23, 2015, 01:57:22 AM
Thank god it's over. Painful. This really was the longest night of the year
Come to the dark side Tiger. We have cookies. :)

BellBoy

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 23, 2015, 03:01:06 AM
Come to the dark side Tiger. We have cookies. :)

...and 18 year-old scotch whisky  ;)

AZZERAE

Quote from: Hoghead96 on December 23, 2015, 02:13:24 AM
Heather is is starting to feel at home.

That's problematic. Although, that is your assessment of what she's feeling. Only she really knows if thats correct.

Midnight in The Desert is Art Bell's. Art's no longer there. Pull the plug please. It will, and is, turning into the new Coast to Coast AM.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: TigerLily on December 23, 2015, 03:47:38 AM
On my way, sweeties
We welcome you to the dark side. Please see the Queen for your saber and patrol orders. Have some cookies and scotch too!

Also you know it's bad when brig is jumping ship, she loves everyone!

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 23, 2015, 08:42:36 AM
We welcome you to the dark side. Please see the Queen for your saber and patrol orders. Have some cookies and scotch too!

Also you know it's bad when brig is jumping ship, she loves everyone!

Just as I was about to jump ship, I have to admit I got a lot of chuckles out of last nights MITD with the callers.  It kept me awake to the very end  ;D

The shows with the guests.....well, not so much.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on December 23, 2015, 08:48:25 AM
Just as I was about to jump ship, I have to admit I got a lot of chuckles out of last nights MITD with the callers.  It kept me awake to the very end  ;D

The shows with the guests.....well, not so much.
My point is that you are not there for the host. Clearly you have had enough of that by your posts. I'm just saying normally you are a 'everyone is great' person. But it seems to be wearing off with the given situation.

centaurie

If I were not driving, I'd take a shot every time David Jacobs got mentioned in the past week. Also, every time I say to myself please apply Occam's Razor to this guest's bullshit, please.

I'm mostly entertained. However, I do like to change up which shows I listen to on my commute. So, I have not listened to the open lines show yet, but those have never been my favorites.

Missing Art, and I do see Heather sliding down to being too agreeable, but even Art was for some guests.

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 23, 2015, 09:25:33 AM
My point is that you are not there for the host. Clearly you have had enough of that by your posts. I'm just saying normally you are a 'everyone is great' person. But it seems to be wearing off with the given situation.

Oh contraire!  There are very few shows that I think are worth my time.  Other people may like lots of them, so I'm glad there is something for everyone, but I enjoy very few.  Now people?  thats another thing.  maybe one of us is talking shows, and the other is talking people.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Darth Sandra on December 23, 2015, 01:55:53 AM
Do you? I'd like to see it sometime. Being 100% serious. If you think I am serious about the queen/birthday stuff you really are missing the joke.

I think I see the confusion. We tend to recognise when someone says a joke because it strikes us as funny, or at least mildly amusing. I was just checking my dictionary a moment ago, and repeating the same old stuff over and over again is officially classified as 'lame shit'. Unless perhaps you are operating on a totally different plane to the rest of us, and your brand of quantum-comedy - where normal rules are inverted - is totally wasted on us poor bozos. In which case, my appleogies.

BellBoy

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 23, 2015, 09:48:18 AM

I think I see the confusion. We tend to recognise when someone says a joke because it strikes us as funny, or at least mildly amusing. I was just checking my dictionary a moment ago, and repeating the same old stuff over and over again is officially classified as 'lame shit'. Unless perhaps you are operating on a totally different plane to the rest of us, and your brand of quantum-comedy - where normal rules are inverted - is totally wasted on us poor bozos. In which case, my appleogies [sic].

Do you mean to say, sir, that Russel Brand is therefore, somehow "unfunny"?!

I dare say NOT!

(nice spelling, BTW Ludwid)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on December 23, 2015, 09:46:29 AM
Oh contraire!  There are very few shows that I think are worth my time.  Other people may like lots of them, so I'm glad there is something for everyone, but I enjoy very few.  Now people?  thats another thing.  maybe one of us is talking shows, and the other is talking people.
I was highly amused by your posts last night. I woke up and was reading the board and was like wow, Brig is really enjoying those prank calls. You are very supportive of the efforts around here but it was fun to see you enjoying some of the craziness  ;D

GravitySucks

I think I see the confusion. We tend to recognise when someone says a joke because it strikes us as funny, or at least mildly amusing. I was just checking my dictionary a moment ago, and repeating the same old stuff over and over again is officially classified as 'lame shit'. Unless perhaps you are operating on a totally different plane to the rest of us, and your brand of quantum-comedy - where normal rules are inverted - is totally wasted on us poor bozos. In which case, my appleogies.

I'd like some more sir.

csummers

Noory is probably the happiest of anyone about heathers new show. Not because art is gone but because noory finally has something to point to that is worse than his own show.

ponyboysunset

I haven't listened since Friday when I missed the Keith update which I have a hard time buying anyway.

I think for the amount of experience she had prior she is doing OK. You people need to quit posting things that make me want to re-subscribe so I can hear the hilarity of phone calls. Curse you!

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 23, 2015, 11:03:03 AM
I was highly amused by your posts last night. I woke up and was reading the board and was like wow, Brig is really enjoying those prank calls. You are very supportive of the efforts around here but it was fun to see you enjoying some of the craziness  ;D

I was having a BLAST!  Thank You PBS  ;D :-*

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 23, 2015, 11:16:39 AM
I haven't listened since Friday when I missed the Keith update which I have a hard time buying anyway.
You people need to quit posting things that make me want to re-subscribe so I can hear the hilarity of phone calls. Curse you!

I think you should!  Sometimes you have to listen to a gazillion frogs, in order to hear the sound of one melodious bird  ;D  Keeping in mind however, that one persons melodious bird, can be another persons frog, of course.   :o 8)

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on December 23, 2015, 11:33:41 AM
I think you should!  Sometimes you have to listen to a gazillion frogs, in order to hear the sound of one melodious bird  ;D  Keeping in mind however, that one persons melodious bird, can be another persons frog, of course.   :o 8)

Or a mockingbird

Ciardelo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 23, 2015, 11:16:39 AM

I think for the amount of experience she had prior she is doing OK. You people need to quit posting things that make me want to re-subscribe so I can hear the hilarity of phone calls. Curse you!
I thought it was OK.  :) Not a whole lot of "Heather I just love your show kthxbai" and the cow villager was pretty good. A lot of mouth breathing from /x/ but they tried at least. I was hoping for moar from /x/ but they couldn't work it for long enough and kept getting prematurely ejected. I'm sure we've all been there.

Heather seemed to be pretty comfortable and might have oversold a couple of the caller's stories, but frankly they weren't giving her much to work with. She did promise a cat picture which I can't seem to find these many hours later, so now it's probably time for people to lose their shit asking why she won't post it.  8)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on December 23, 2015, 11:33:41 AM
I differ to your wisdom ma'am ;D And will listen for free if I am awake. I love doing the live threads anyway.

TigerLily

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 23, 2015, 12:00:32 PM
I thought it was OK.  :) Not a whole lot of "Heather I just love your show kthxbai" and the cow villager was pretty good. A lot of mouth breathing from /x/ but they tried at least. I was hoping for moar from /x/ but they couldn't work it for long enough and kept getting prematurely ejected. I'm sure we've all been there.

Heather seemed to be pretty comfortable and might have oversold a couple of the caller's stories, but frankly they weren't giving her much to work with. She did promise a cat picture which I can't seem to find these many hours later, so now it's probably time for people to lose their shit asking why she won't post it.  8)
The Cat Photo Conspiracy.  Why won't Keith post the photo? Is Heather lying about even having a cat?

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on December 23, 2015, 12:07:14 PM
The Cat Photo Conspiracy.  Why won't Keith post the photo? Is Heather lying about even having a cat?
Here you go.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 23, 2015, 12:07:14 PM

I really loved Heather until I heard she had a cat. Time to find something else to listen to. Finally time to cancel my subscription. Damn.

In ancient Egypt, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten that.

munbeam666

Quote from: superfan on December 23, 2015, 01:30:25 AM
whats sad is that art is not on.BUT this is entertainment;Heather is in a hell of a killer position.From producer to host with bullets raining down on art...her butt and salary is on the line too.Just hope they catch this hired gun and link him to who is behind this purposeful attack on the entire art bell team(of course directed at Art)....You trolls should support the fact that art (and in a similar vein) heather are both VICTIMS of a nefarious plot to put them out of business or worse!
My sentiments. Another crazy person with a gun who shouldn't have one. Unfortunately, there are probably thousands of them in rural Nevada

If I made someone like you butthurt I realize I am doing something right.  8)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Darth Sandra on December 23, 2015, 12:40:15 PM
If I made someone like you butthurt I realize I am doing something right.  8)

Fuck, you don't know him very well if you think you've butthurt him. He's really nice really, but don't let on.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BellBoy on December 23, 2015, 10:16:26 AM
Do you mean to say, sir, that Russel Brand is therefore, somehow "unfunny"?!

Oh I'm in a quandary with Mr Brand. He isn't stupid; he's actually very sharp and quick witted, and a lot of what he says is perfectly reasonable, but sadly idealistic and therefore unrealistic. He also makes himself look a total prick with his form of slapstick. I just wish he'd think with his head instead of his dick and heart.