• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 31, 2018, 01:53:20 AM
To be fair to her, that guy is aggro. Did you catch how he twisted the words of the last caller and accused him of misquoting him?
...but he's her friend.

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 31, 2018, 03:03:23 AM
What ever happened to that Cheech Marin sounding guy who was taking photos of rods?
I have tons of old VHS with rods.  Those are dropouts with a helical scan format... 🙄

Quote from: Art Bell on April 15, 2016, 08:37:28 PM
... I know she would love to be able to again join Bell Gab since her roots are here but I have advised her not to do so because of all the hate, if that ever changes I will let her know...

Art

I suppose now, try as we might to please her, it's too late for Art to tell Heather to return.

supernova

Quote from: ItsOver on May 31, 2018, 04:05:08 AM
LOL.  MV should get a Grammy for this.

That is hilarious!

supernova

Quote from: wr250 on May 31, 2018, 07:20:27 AM

electricity can be generated by moving a conductor through a magnetic field. art had a very large antenna loop (a conductor), and his voltage varied from 0 to 400v (or something like, he spoke of it doing this on the air once), as the antenna loop moved through the earths magnetic field.

Exactly! That is what I thought was generating the voltage, same with the Shuttle tether experiment.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 31, 2018, 08:07:18 AM
I have tons of old VHS with rods.

Do you watch them while working on your hard bone?

Quote from: Art Bell on February 22, 2016, 10:18:26 PM
My Wife didn't want to come to America at all, I am the one who made that decision because they wouldn't let me keep my antenna up...

Art

TMI?

Bart Ell

QUESTION FOR HOST DAVE:
Why, when you pray, do you use words like thy?
Don't you believe God is up with current language and understands the word "your"?
Do people think their prayers are better answered if they use archaic forms of words?

- Bart Ell
  BartEllLegacy.com

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 31, 2018, 08:17:31 AM
Do you watch them while working on your hard bone?
The stuff my female conquests and I recorded tended to be in the Hi8 and mini-DV era...  No dropout.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 07:28:31 AM
I could envision that happening if the loop was perpendicular to the ground but is difficult for me to imagine when it is parallel.

Does current build up in transmission lines (both electrical and telephone)?  Is this something that needs to be handled when planning distribution lines?

I know that high voltage transmission lines are constantly buzzing as power is shed from them, especially when it is humid. I have seen the videos of people lighting up fluorescent lights by holding them beneath a power line. Which is amazing because half the time I can’t get my kitchen ones to light up. 

What about other metallic structures like a skyscraper or a bridge?
I knew an electrical engineering student in college who lived next to a radio transmission tower. He couldn't afford heating in the winter, so he lined the wall closest to the tower with wire. it picked up enough power to heat his apartment.
as wr250 said, that's how radios work. Physics explains it all. See Faraday's law and Lenzs law describing  electromagnetic induction. Then again, maybe Art had some wires crossed the day he measured it and got some unusually high readings. Not sure what is normal without doing the math.

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 31, 2018, 08:21:27 AM
QUESTION FOR HOST DAVE:
Why, when you pray, do you use words like thy?
Don't you believe God is up with current language and understands the word "your"?
Do people think their prayers are better answered if they use archaic forms of words?

- Bart Ell
  BartEllLegacy.com

He (god) drew the line with Brooklyn accents.

GravitySucks

Quote from: supernova on May 31, 2018, 08:16:35 AM
Exactly! That is what I thought was generating the voltage, same with the Shuttle tether experiment.

Based on the reading I have been doing today the source of the electricity is not the same between the two. Atmospheric electricity is different than what was generated by the tether. It basically says the atmosphere generally has a positive charge and the ground always has a negative charge. The difference in potential goes up with the height of the conductor.

So, if you carry the “passing a conductor through a magnetic field” paradigm to its logical conclusion, the atmosphere would be the conductor that is being passed through the magnetic field. Or at least that is how my mind has wrapped itself around it. 

https://www.electricuniverse.info/atmospheric-electricity/

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 31, 2018, 08:07:18 AM
...but he's her friend.
I have tons of old VHS with rods.  Those are dropouts with a helical scan format... 🙄
He sounded like the kind of person who snaps at the slightest thing and screams at his friends, assuming he has any in real life.

Sean92008

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 31, 2018, 08:30:05 AM
He sounded like the kind of person who snaps at the slightest thing and screams at his friends, assuming he has any in real life.
Yeah, he was quite the character... Sounds like one of those disorders where he expects everybody to read his mind... and agree with him 100% all the time.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 30, 2018, 10:25:44 PM
Maybe her dump button was on auto-sensing mode and heard something that shouldn't be on the air...  Her voice.
;D ;D

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 03:11:15 AMArt Bell could never figure out why his antenna loop generated between 300 and 400 volts.
That's a lot of DC, but some of it can be acc'ted for by the sky-to-ground potential.  Cf. Ben Franklin & Mahlon Loomis.

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 02:27:30 AMNoone has ever observed electrons coming out of a wire as far as I can tell.
Uh, cathode rays?

Bluejay

Quote from: painter17 on May 31, 2018, 01:07:45 AM
Heathers radio voice is almost some kind of speech impediment......

I still can’t believe this weirdo’s website is really ART BELL LEGACY...  gross.. what a leach

teknoslag

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 31, 2018, 08:13:12 AM
I suppose now, try as we might to please her, it's too late for Art to tell Heather to return.

Maybe we could pose as Paul and Ella, and mail her a combination ouija board/garment steamer with a remote controlled planchette. Then, posing as the ceiling ghost of Art, we can convince her to come back.

I smell a BellGab black op in the works.

GravitySucks

Quote from: teknoslag on May 31, 2018, 08:55:49 AM
Maybe we could pose as Paul and Ella, and mail her a combination ouija board/garment steamer with a remote controlled planchette. Then, posing as the ceiling ghost of Art, we can convince her to come back.

She doesn’t believe in Magic anymore. It is all on Lasha’s shoulders now.

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 08:59:45 AM
She doesn’t believe in Magic anymore. It is all on Lasha’s shoulders not quitting her protection spells now.
FIFY

a is jump

She believes in magic again, Joshua P. Warren convinced her on Tuesday night.

Art Bell's (WB6OBB) really big loop antenna
"This static voltage is atmospheric in nature and a natural build-up of charged particles collected over a large area due to the capacitance between the antenna as one capacitor plate and Earth as the other"

Common with longwire antennas especially on windy/stormy days. High voltage but little current. Enough to blow out the front end of your radio if unprotected

ge30542

Quote from: teknoslag on May 31, 2018, 08:55:49 AM

The one equipped with Bluetooth?

Lilith

Does that mean this version won't succeed either?

Metron2267

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 31, 2018, 08:27:29 AM
I knew an electrical engineering student in college who lived next to a radio transmission tower. He couldn't afford heating in the winter, so he lined the wall closest to the tower with wire. it picked up enough power to heat his apartment.
as wr250 said, that's how radios work. Physics explains it all. See Faraday's law and Lenzs law describing  electromagnetic induction. Then again, maybe Art had some wires crossed the day he measured it and got some unusually high readings. Not sure what is normal without doing the math.

Holy shit!

That is some serious RF burn... :o

Metron2267

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 31, 2018, 01:21:25 AM
I believe in a "God" that runs a sort of spiritual "Everett multiverse" matrix. That is every quantum possibility that can occur from the start of time until the end (whatever that may be) will occur in distinct universes (each of which would have multiple dimensions).  In this way every "choice" which could be made (every outcome even by fundamental particles) would occur in one (or many) of these distinct universes. Perhaps we have "over souls" that ultimately integrate the experience of many (or all) of these outcomes that exist beyond what we think of as time.  Just because the universe is a "simulation" it need not be a "nuts and bolts" one it could be something far more complex. Perhaps this echoes the thesis that Linda Moulton H. has presented that the universe is a sort of "entropy reduction machine" in the sense that the "lessons' that the "over souls" learn causes them to "act" in a less disordered manner than would otherwise be the case.

Elegantly described and entirely plausible.

Perhaps we are (in an alternate verse) our own guardian angels.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on May 31, 2018, 09:19:18 AM

Does that mean this version won't succeed either?

I just don’t know Brig