• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

WinWinS

Quote from: Queenie on May 16, 2018, 10:53:27 PM
Tizzy was listening to Heather and I was listening to Dave. Now we are both listening to Dave.

timebandit

this needs to be a free download tomorrow..
the intro is my favorite part and it was disappointing missing it.

Quote from: TigerLily on May 16, 2018, 10:51:42 PM
He is much more like he is on his own show. On C2C he always seemed a bit constrained. On one C2C he did a ghost show if someone he had previously interviewed on his show. They had a lot of phone technical problems discussing the ghost. As soon as they stopped and changed subjects the line immediately cleared. Dave acknowledged it but handled it so nonchalantly. Maybe my favorite C2C show with him

Dave was a good soldier on C2C but yeah a bit constrained. There were some good shows but I preferred his own show for the most part.  Good to see ya, by the way.  :D ;)

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on May 16, 2018, 10:51:42 PM
He is much more like he is on his own show. On C2C he always seemed a bit constrained. On one C2C he did a ghost show if someone he had previously interviewed on his show. They had a lot of phone technical problems discussing the ghost. As soon as they stopped and changed subjects the line immediately cleared. Dave acknowledged it but handled it so nonchalantly. Maybe my favorite C2C show with him

Interesting. I'm wondering if maybe that was a main reason he made the switch. Less constraining. He definitely seems more comfortable.

Bluejay

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 16, 2018, 10:55:07 PM
Who trained her in remote viewing?

Party line reference...  BellGab!
I heard that too!  LOL

mgordon

I'm just going to say it.  I think Art was behind the scenes with her for the whole two and a half years.   In essence,  running the show.   She was just the voice.   Didn't know what to do anymore when he left her behind.   That's why she was gone so long.

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on May 16, 2018, 10:40:03 PM
I'm going to ask...

Why is Dave better now?  I listened to a few Coast shows and was underwhelmed.  Was it the guests?  Was it the producer?  Was he forced to read the 3X5's?  Perhaps he was not allowed to ask "challenging" questions out of fear he may alienate a guest?  I did not actively dislike him, but I certainly was not making my calendar for his appearances.

I don't know, I had the exact same feeling.  I thought it was because he was always doing haunting shows on C2C.  But then he pointed out to me his old show list and there's lots of different topics there so not sure how I missed those.  Who knows maybe it was the paranormal-date ads w/ GN that I was remembering lol.  Anyway I'm more interested in what he's doing on MITD, but I do have a feeling it might be hit and miss for me depending on the show.  Enjoying tonite though.

chefist

TidePods - Today at 9:58 PM
i love LMN

John D - Today at 9:58 PM
There is something about Heather's voice that keeps me coming back to the show, again and again. Great guests too.

Oh, MY...John D

Spookcat

Wow, I've missed a bit...  :o

Quote from: Queenie on May 16, 2018, 10:53:27 PM
Tizzy was listening to Heather and I was listening to Dave. Now we are both listening to Dave.

Go, go, go
Little Queenie!
;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od8nCgpumso

Norm

Quote from: username on May 16, 2018, 10:31:12 PM

https://youtu.be/1qg_t4BDauM

Don't forget where you heard it fist.... Karen..... Knows more than what she revealed.

Looking forward to reading her book. Besides listening to Art back around 2005 I also listened to Art on the ham bands after his show finished. Short wave listener Evvy Garrett (deceased) published her blog about Art and wives (hamfanz) which oddly enough is still on the net today and a good source for things happening back then. Art didn't care for Evvy much.

http://hamfanz.blogspot.com/

DaveSchrader

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 16, 2018, 10:56:56 PM
Dave was a good soldier on C2C but yeah a bit constrained. There were some good shows but I preferred his own show for the most part.  Good to see ya, by the way.  :D ;)

Coast to Coast AM was NOT my show and there are certain rules and ways to handle things there. When I was ME I was often put back in place to be a part of the team and fall in step. I respect that, it is like being a counter helper at McDonalds, then filling in for a night as lead waiter at Chez Paul, same kind of job, different expectations.

DS

Back to the show!

rondo

Did Joe Montaldo explain yet what happened between him and Heather, how she jumped ship from his network to Late Night in the Midlands?

Sean92008

KNYE is dropping in their local commercials.  That Desmoni Plumbing commercial is well done and it fits her "oldies" (well rock music) format.

I like Karen a lot more after that bitch session was done with.

chefist

John D - Today at 10:00 PM
TidePods I agree...It's like Art is coming inside from Heather...emanating...

PrairieGhost

I'm finally here and ready to listen to good Dave.

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 16, 2018, 10:56:56 PM

Lookin' good, Sarge

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on May 16, 2018, 10:58:01 PM
I don't know, I had the exact same feeling.  I thought it was because he was always doing haunting shows on C2C.  But then he pointed out to me his old show list and there's lots of different topics there so not sure how I missed those.  Who knows maybe it was the paranormal-date ads w/ GN that I was remembering lol.  Anyway I'm more interested in what he's doing on MITD, but I do have a feeling it might be hit and miss for me depending on the show.  Enjoying tonite though.

I'm thinking maybe all he needs is a little more science stuff. (Nothing wrong with cryptids, a bit of paranormal, and an occasional ufo or 2 tho.)

zeebo

Quote from: chefist on May 16, 2018, 11:01:53 PM
John D - Today at 10:00 PM
TidePods I agree...It's like Art is coming inside from Heather...emanating...

That has to be like a reverse troll right?

GravitySucks

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 16, 2018, 11:02:48 PM
I'm finally here and ready to listen to good Dave.

All done with Amy’s noshow? 🤔

Sean92008

Quote from: mgordon on May 16, 2018, 10:57:42 PM
I'm just going to say it.  I think Art was behind the scenes with her for the whole two and a half years.   In essence,  running the show.   She was just the voice.   Didn't know what to do anymore when he left her behind.   That's why she was gone so long.
Absolutely.  It was discussed during her holdout. The problem with entitled assholes is that they don't prepare to carry their own load so that they never have to...

WinWinS

Quote from: Zenman on May 16, 2018, 11:03:27 PM
I'm thinking maybe all he needs is a little more science stuff. (Nothing wrong with cryptids, a bit of paranormal, and an occasional ufo or 2 tho.)
what about true crime?

AstroBuzz

Quote from: Zenman on May 16, 2018, 11:03:27 PM
Yeah... More science related shows would be good.
Astronomy, astrophysics, AI

trostol

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 16, 2018, 11:00:34 PM
Coast to Coast AM was NOT my show and there are certain rules and ways to handle things there. When I was ME I was often put back in place to be a part of the team and fall in step. I respect that, it is like being a counter helper at McDonalds, then filling in for a night as lead waiter at Chez Paul, same kind of job, different expectations.

DS

Back to the show!

good to see you are being allowed to make the show more to your like and less..restricted

SpookyTim

Quote from: chefist on May 16, 2018, 10:48:54 PM
Live from Discord:

Dr. Ira - Open Eyes Host - Today at 9:47 PM
I've spent at least 60 hours talking to her in the past week alone.  I've talked to her at her hardest hit and at her best.  she is amazing
She lives and breathes Art Bell

That's not creepy.

chefist

Quote from: WinWinS on May 16, 2018, 11:04:48 PM
what about true crime?

Can you talk him into it? He's said that he will keep it for his other show....come on, I know you can ask for a personal favor.  :)