• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 12, 2018, 07:49:56 PM
Reading his posts makes me feel kinda bad.

I know, me too.. have just the song for us!

https://youtu.be/e5AIisWNvM4

Metron2267

Quote from: Nobody on May 13, 2018, 10:52:32 AM
Dothead?  What leads you to that conclusion?

Nothing more than the first layer of plywood, of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sredni_Vashtar

"Sredni Vashtar" is a short story written by Saki (Hector Hugh Munro) between 1900 and 1911 and initially published in his book The Chronicles of Clovis. It has been adapted for opera, film, radio and television.

The story concerns an unhealthy ten-year-old boy named Conradin, who lives with his strict cousin and guardian, Mrs. De Ropp. Conradin rebels against her and invents a new religion for himself, which centres on idolising a polecat-ferret he calls Sredni Vashtar; he imagines Sredni Vashtar to be a vengeful, merciless god. Conradin keeps the ferret hidden in a cage in the garden shed, and worships the idol in secret. The story comes to a climax when his cousin sets out to discover his god.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saki

Hector Hugh Munro (18 December 1870 â€" 14 November 1916), better known by the pen name Saki, and also frequently as H. H. Munro, was a British writer whose witty, mischievous and sometimes macabre stories satirize Edwardian society and culture. He is considered a master of the short story, and often compared to O. Henry[citation needed] and Dorothy Parker.

Metron2267

Quote from: Friday on May 13, 2018, 10:50:15 AM
It feels fantastic!

I know, I know!!!

QuoteSo how about you take your bullshit daily show that makes you thousands of dollars and preach it to where the audience is dumb enough to believe you?

Ah sorry, I don't have a "daily show", like Hoaxie I tire easily of the grind and so I maintain an archive for my fans and work maybe 2 days a week when I'm up for it.

Subscribe to me and pay all my bills, I command it in the name of 19.5!

;D

Nobody

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 13, 2018, 10:46:51 AM
Someone will, and always has, post the mp3 of it so all the obsessors can obsess while safely maintaining their non-listenership. of course.

C'mon man, you know that.

Someone has always posted an mp3 from a programme that airs streams for the first time on Monday?  Really?

I didn't know that.  Perhaps that's where all that "time traveler" business they're always talking about comes into play?

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 12, 2018, 09:59:54 AM
I never listened to her, because I didn't like her from the start. But now that the fake waterworks have stopped...goddamn, she's basically just trying to rip off Art completely. Right down to the cadence and diction.

I've heard it said that people being imitated typically can't tell when it's happening.

So when Art heard her, he likely wouldn't have realized she was trying to mimic his on air mannerisms (and failing badly at it).  It may be part of why he liked what he was hearing.

Metron2267

Quote from: Nobody on May 13, 2018, 11:00:18 AM
Someone has always posted an mp3 from a programme that airs streams for the first time on Monday?  Really?

I didn't know that.

You didn't access the prior mp3s for Montaldo's show and Vara's?

Do tell...

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 13, 2018, 11:01:11 AM
I've heard it said that people being imitated typically can't tell when it's happening.

So when Art heard her, he didn't realize she was trying to mimic his on air mannerisms (and failing badly at it).  It may be part of why he liked what he was hearing.

There we go, actual insight.

Quote from: dsz on May 13, 2018, 10:53:14 AM
According to Heather that interview never existed... never happened. So nothing you didn't hear applies.

I just hope she can maintain her composure.

She was so brave on the next show (Mike Vera's?), managing to hold it together without a single tear or sob.  The wounds of losing one's best friend and mentor are surely still raw, and hearing everyone else's call in tributes may simply be too much for her so soon.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 11, 2018, 09:19:09 PM
Only the naive and refuckingtarded (maybe the drunk or baked) believe Keith is going to behave like that on some weak ass radio show chat room.
Vera is a piece of shit. The fact Heather, with her legacy bullshit, is going on his show after he slammed Art is a look inside her state of mind.
She's clutching at straws. She'd be better off being independent for some time and growing the show on her own with the help of her sycophants.
She can keep her head afloat with their support. I'm sure Paul and Ella would send her tins of beans and tuna.

haha, I love that gif

Friday

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 13, 2018, 11:00:14 AM
I know, I know!!!

Ah sorry, I don't have a "daily show", like Hoaxie I tire easily of the grind and so I maintain an archive for my fans and work maybe 2 days a week when I'm up for it.

Subscribe to me and pay all my bills, I command it in the name of 19.5!

;D

Just know that you are awful at Jedi mind trickery.

WhiteCrow

Happy Mother's Day

...if not for you... no love

https://youtu.be/tR21ui1MAQQ

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 13, 2018, 11:04:17 AM

She was so brave and the next show, managing to hold it together without a single tear or sob.  The wound of losing one's best friend and mentor are surely still raw, and hearing everyone else's call in tributes may simply be too much for her so soon.

That's a strong possibility.

She did OK in Vara's welcome to the network hugfest, but real open lines and a bellgabberer's bum's rush might just send her over the edge back into raw grief.

You can bet all the obsessors who "won't be listening" will be lighting up the phone lines.

Uh huh.

Sean92008

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 13, 2018, 11:04:17 AM

She was so brave and the next show, managing to hold it together without a single tear or sob.  The wound of losing one's best friend and mentor are surely still raw, and hearing everyone else's call in tributes may simply be too much for her so soon.
For Heather and her followers, some explanation is necessary

Metron2267

Quote from: Friday on May 13, 2018, 11:05:10 AM
Just know that you are awful at Jedi mind trickery.

But you'll still buy my expert photo analysis and potions, you KNOW you will!

Metron2267

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 13, 2018, 11:08:22 AM
For Heather and her followers, some explanation is necessary

So your posting her Nye County property tax records here was an act of "sarcasm"?

Do tell...

albrecht

Quote from: Nobody on May 13, 2018, 04:58:31 AM

That "princess of the night" bit is not disturbing in the least.

( :o )
I notice that Paul seems to be posting loyalty posts to Heather under his own account and is less and less frequently mentioning Ella or using the Paul & Ella handle/sign-off. I just trying to get updated but trouble in paradise? Does Paul & Ella have a compound with an available radio shed, perhaps? Does Paul & Ella have their own thread at BG yet so we can't keep updated without millions of posts about a witch, who doesn't believe in magic, claiming to do a "radio" show soon....?

Bluejay

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 12, 2018, 06:29:55 PM
Who needs legal sensibilities, copyright lawyers, and reality when you have a witch that can cast evil mojo spells!

Bluejay

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 12, 2018, 06:30:58 PM
Wow. This is some Jim Jones/Heaven's Gate kind of talk. What's has Heather been saying these past two years on the air?

Dreamlander

[attachment=1]

I mean...isn't that like...piracy or something?

"Copyright infringement is the use of works protected by copyright law without permission, infringing certain exclusive rights granted to the copyright holder, such as the right to reproduce, distribute, display or perform the protected work, or to make derivative works."

WhiteCrow

Quote from: brig on May 12, 2018, 08:02:42 PM
Spooky Tim is starting!

A+

Now that's how you do an avatar!

Perfection brig.

Happy Mother's Day!

SpookyTim

Here's last night's episode of Spooky Southcoast, the "BellGab Chat Version."

Audio podcast also posted wherever you get your podcasts from (iTunes may take up to day to post it), but really, the fun is watching it with the live video and the live chat.
The fancier video version (with title screen and no chat) will be posted in the next couple of days.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFYJW7xX1_4

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Doomed on May 11, 2018, 10:36:04 PM
I was talking to an old boy from deep inside West Virginia. I asked him a question, and he looked me straight in the eye and said, "Habba digger dogger do". To this day, I have no idea what the hell he said.

Haha, I had a similar experience while hiking. This guy who was hiking the opposite direction said something to me that I didn't understand and I had to ask, "what?" a couple times before I realized he was searching for morel mushrooms and was asking if I had "seen any morels around here". His accent was thick!

timebandit

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 13, 2018, 10:46:51 AM
Someone will, and always has, post the mp3 of it so all the obsessors can obsess while safely maintaining their non-listenership. of course.

C'mon man, you know that.
B-

Quote from: Nobody on May 13, 2018, 10:52:32 AM
Dothead?  What leads you to that conclusion?

His ignorance.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dreamlander on May 13, 2018, 11:15:27 AM
[attachment=1,msg1213245]

I mean...isn't that like...piracy or something?

"Copyright infringement is the use of works protected by copyright law without permission, infringing certain exclusive rights granted to the copyright holder, such as the right to reproduce, distribute, display or perform the protected work, or to make derivative works."

https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html

Purpose and character of the use, including whether the use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes:  Courts look at how the party claiming fair use is using the copyrighted work, and are more likely to find that nonprofit educational and noncommercial uses are fair.  This does not mean, however, that all nonprofit education and noncommercial uses are fair and all commercial uses are not fair; instead, courts will balance the purpose and character of the use against the other factors below.  Additionally, “transformative” uses are more likely to be considered fair.  Transformative uses are those that add something new, with a further purpose or different character, and do not substitute for the original use of the work.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-legally-include-bumper-music-in-your-podcast

The easier way would be to find royalty-free music you can license or use with attribution. Here are a few:
Music Alley offers free music, but you must include attribution in every episode: http://musicalley.com
JewelBeat sells royalty-free music for 99¢ per song and you can use in your podcast: http://jewelbeat.com
MusicBakery is a bit more expensive, but it's still a purchase-and-use model: http://musicbakery.com

http://info.legalzoom.com/long-can-sample-before-need-copyright-permission-27344.html

Courts also will consider if the copyright holder is impacted by your use of the sample, such as if the public is less likely to purchase the original album of music because they can access the music through your new composition. Even if your use of another's work falls under the definition of "fair use," you are generally only allowed to use a portion of the work as necessary, such as limiting your quotes from a book as needed for your scholarly paper.

Juan

I somehow find it Bellgabbian that the ID channel is celebrating Mother’s Day by airing shows about mothers who kill children, frequently their own.

ponyboysunset

Apparently her fans don’t know that Dave’s flagship is KYNE. Lol. Oh and bonus sexism after that because you know we should base jobs off of gender and not talent.  ::)