• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: cweb on May 10, 2018, 09:31:03 AM
Dave did mention that a couple of guest hosts were contacted, for times he can't do the show. I believe Tim was mentioned as one of them.

Being the curious sort, I wonder who else is on that list. Howard Hughes, perhaps?

My money, well, I would put it on George Knapp and Jimmy Church. Oh, forget Jimmy, I don't think he would get along too well with Keith any longer.

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 10, 2018, 09:19:37 AM
Oh my my!

http://hamfanz.blogspot.ca/2006/04/pimp.html

I thought the friend who married Airyn's sister had died. I don't recall it being a guy named Carl.

So, is this Carl also got married to one of Airyn's sisters...  It gets very creepy.  VERY...

His web skills must put him in the "free for a friend" rate range.  Back in the mid-1990s, I had a cat that had a better web page.  I am not shitting you.

[I will be checking the Wayback machine when I get onto a PC, my cat used to get fan mail...]

El Chorro

Bluejay

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 10, 2018, 02:46:45 AM
It's actually Arts fault.  If he hadnt retired/died we would not be in this mess.

DaveSchrader

Whats that? Did I hear someone say,
"I wonder what its like to be one of Dave's kids?"

Well thanks for almost asking.

Stumbled upon this gem from 2 years ago. While I was out for the evening my then 19 yr old daughter informed me she had a boy over and they were watching "The Conjuring". This was our conversation.

Bluejay

Quote from: CoolTen10 on May 10, 2018, 03:08:19 AM

I think Dave needs to go. I don't know what he did that your talking about because I didn't listen. You know why I didn't listen? Because he sucks! There is no other way to put it.

ponyboysunset

Hey Good Dave,
You going to have any Satanist or Church of Satan people on your show? Art did an interview with Blanch that was pretty fun.
Keeping eating hamster souls,
Sincerely,
PBS

Bart Ell

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 10, 2018, 09:22:45 AM
This is what made me need a shower. God I don't want to know this stuff happens. Really, I don't.

Yup, this is one wormhole I wish I would have ignored.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 10, 2018, 09:56:05 AM
Yup, this is one wormhole I wish I would have ignored.

I had to quit reading. I felt sick. Then I started thinking about how Heather might fit in and really got sick.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Bluejay on May 10, 2018, 09:55:22 AM

Heather didn’t take her chill pill this morning.  :P

Sean92008

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 10, 2018, 09:51:46 AM

Stumbled upon this gem from 2 years ago. While I was out for the evening my then 19 yr old daughter informed me she had a boy over and they were watching "The Conjuring". This was our conversation.

What a pansy! You didn't threaten to actually dismember his body, while still alive? Come on, sheesh!

Mr. Winnie, did you grind your teeth last night after having to endure that rainman interview?  You know, word is here on the boards that he's never been taken to task like you did. Congratulations, another show, another victory.

It's too bad George Noory didn't inspire Keith to move to starting time. I really think that would have opened the door too many more affiliates in the future.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 10, 2018, 09:30:46 AM
Really? I think you're the most banal of all explanations. And, if it's so banal and silly why the fervent need to dissuade people on a forum dedicated to such topics from even entertaining the idea?!   ::)

I know you see yourself as some sort of uber-troll but you never bring anything to the table. Even by your dismal standards that was pathetic. And where the hell do I say I'm trying to stop you doing anything? UFOs are the modern equivalent of chariots in the sky. If you want to waste your time on it, be my guest.

Pizzapunch

Quote from: yoursongs on May 10, 2018, 09:27:40 AM
One of the many problems with HLW is that she views every show as a PERFORMANCE.  She studies her lines, and tries too hard to follow the script.  She is now either writing new scripts or searching thru Art's old scripts.  I don't think she has any talent of her own, or has an original creative idea of her own.  I don't know what her calling is, but it's not as a public persona.  Just my opinion.

Exactly, I envision Art was probably physically in the studio and commercial breaks were like a boxer going to the corner in between rounds to get instructions.  She actually believes her own hype at this point because of the non sense Art filled her head with. Poor woman didn't realize that Art didn't live long enough to inevitably disavow and abandon her.

cweb

Bart Ell

Ugh.

Quoteartie GAVE his guesthouse to Karen (now the owner of KNYE), and the station controls which were moved there last week. All property rights were also given to Karen on the big sign for KNYE on highway 160, as with the land it sits on, it is worth a huge chunk of money for advertising rights, as no one can buy land anymore to put up signs for advertising.

It really can't be much longer until all the weird sex stuff comes to light, right?

ponyboysunset

Just to interrupt this disgusting rabbit hole we have all went down today I would like to say I love that Good Dave does a shout out to his wife at the end of the show.  :-* ;D

"Honey I'm coming home..."

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 10, 2018, 09:51:46 AM

LOL. And I bet you were always trying to cop a feel or go further with your girlfriends when you were that age.  ;) I'd be acting the same way as you if I had a daughter.   No boyfriends.

DaveSchrader

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2018, 12:59:02 AM
I am guessing Andrew Basagio is off the list.

I LOVE Basagio. What a story told with depth, passion and well spoken.

Crazy or not, at least its compelling.  Adair took forever to tell a 10 mins story by including EVERY minute detail that held no real consequence to the point of the story. It is telling that he felt he had to continue to justify his story and PROVE it by mentioning things that detracted from the story.  If you spend 90% of an hour validating yourself when no one is calling your experience into question it seems like he is compensating for something. 

I have had Basagio on my show over the years, I find him enjoyable and weirdly fun.

David Schrader
May 10, 2012 at 10:57pm ·
What does the CIA know about Time Travel? Operation: Jump Room....our guest Andrew Basiago is back tonight to share his unique insights. Listen Live in just minutes, 11pm cst www.DarknessRadio.com

HumanBeing

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 10, 2018, 07:18:34 AM
She's been pretty quiet lately. I suspect that will change in the next few days as they ramp up their blitz for the meth head radio network.  ::)

Paul and Ella can't wait  ;)
Joe probably already had Heather's legs up on his shoulders  :P Just to close the deal.

She said today she is still going to be playing the same music she's always done. Very curious how they are paying for that.

One thing though is I think she did a good job being a producer for Art and she made a lot of contacts doing so. She's good on the phone one-on-one  ;)
So I don't think she will struggle too badly for potential guests in the short term. I wonder will she actually go head to head with Schrader.
I think if she chose to start at 9pm or 10pm EST that she'd have more listeners. She seems stubborn though and wants to try to duke it out. Lasha got her riled up no doubt  ::)

Olav Phillips used to work closely with Clyde Lewis. I think he still does from time to time on certain projects. I know he has been a guest a couple times on MITD. He's willing to help.

Bart Ell

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 10, 2018, 10:32:11 AM
Adair took forever to tell a 10 mins story by including EVERY minute detail that held no real consequence to the point of the story. It is telling that he felt he had to continue to justify his story and PROVE it by mentioning things that detracted from the story.  If you spend 90% of an hour validating yourself when no one is calling your experience into question it seems like he is compensating for something. 

I will make a deal with Redacted. I've never entertained the idea of phone sex, but if Redacted can at least give me half a stock while speaking with me via Skype, I will agree to listen to her show for 45 seconds. Redacted has to be good at something.

GravitySucks

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 10, 2018, 10:32:11 AM
I LOVE Basagio. What a story told with depth, passion and well spoken.

Crazy or not, at least its compelling.  Adair took forever to tell a 10 mins story by including EVERY minute detail that held no real consequence to the point of the story. It is telling that he felt he had to continue to justify his story and PROVE it by mentioning things that detracted from the story.  If you spend 90% of an hour validating yourself when no one is calling your experience into question it seems like he is compensating for something. 

I have had Basagio on my show over the years, I find him enjoyable and weirdly fun.

David Schrader
May 10, 2012 at 10:57pm ·
What does the CIA know about Time Travel? Operation: Jump Room....our guest Andrew Basiago is back tonight to share his unique insights. Listen Live in just minutes, 11pm cst www.DarknessRadio.com

I enjoy a good well told tale. I loathe Adair because of how he interjects himself into the NASA timeline and claims to have been involved in events like Challenger which he has not. That is using a tragedy to build one’s resume and I resent it.

Basagio is intelligent and up until recently consistent. He has added some schtick to his schtick and I guess I have just heard it too many times.

That really just sums up the whole paranormal genre. The stories have been told so many times and the guests have made the circuit so many times there is a high degree of burnout and a real challenge to have an interesting interview.

Back in the 90’s it was easy to create a tale and spin it on C2C. Then along came the internet. It is too easy to pick apart frauds like Adair, Dames, et al, and I don’t have patience for people selling wishing machines like JPW. This is a tough crowd to please. 

Art’s earlier shows were good because he would have a guest for like half the show and open lines the rest of the time. A 3 hour show is too short for two guests (imho) and too long for one guest without open lines. I know you will be getting the phone lines so I will bide my time.

I’m a subscriber. I told Keith I would resubscribe if he got a good host. Actually I said “viable host”. So consider yourself viable.  I won’t like every show.  And I will be vocal when i don’t. I don’t expect you to defend every guest choice you make. But I am glad you did this time.

I don’t like vampires, werewolves or mothman. Try to save those for when I am up in the woods without Internet.

And tell Keith to get the show back on shortwave.