• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

HumanBeing

Quote from: CoolTen10 on May 10, 2018, 03:21:51 AM
Yes, and he's only gotten worse in the past 3 years.

Would you prefer Heather Wade?

2 yrs 5 months ago you were riding his shaft, balls deep  ;D
The whole "he doesn't have a broad enough range of topics" is mute at this point because he's only done 3 MITD shows and it sounds like you have just been a peripheral listener.
I think Coast To Coast can make any host sound sub par. Their format is restrictive when covering topics that need to be flushed out more thoroughly, screened calls funnel the show in an inorganic way and many lengthy commercials can interrupt the theater of the mind. Keep on posting that opinion though  :D You'll be back on the shaft and balls deep in a few months.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: El Chorro on May 09, 2018, 10:09:06 PM

You mean, at 3K, Heater hops into her spaceship and flies away?

So, the temperature of the water in the "Dave Schrader" appreciation group on FB is nice and warm.  (With a few haters, but mostly it's pretty positive). 

Quote from: BettyO417 on May 09, 2018, 10:11:59 PM
Absolutely, it hit hard. My brain can hardly process the evil and rage this act took. Not really about the thought of poking fun, but bringing it up again and a reminder. I Pray Good Dave will find some peace from somewhere.  :'(  He has to be a man of extraordinary strength to put it all in perspective and still be sane.
Unlike some people who flip the crap out when someone with a terminal illness takes a dirt nap....

Roswells

I saw the links someone posted about his ex girlfriend. I doubt anyone in here is sick enough to make fun of this in any way.  I did recall hearing something about that case. It's tragic. My condolences to friends and loved ones.  Most of us have been touched by crime in some form, but this is something most people could never even imagine, much less have happen to them or to someone they know. :(

bellNwhistle

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 10, 2018, 04:33:50 AM
Would you prefer Heather Wade?

2 yrs 5 months ago you were riding his shaft, balls deep  ;D
The whole "he doesn't have a broad enough range of topics" is mute at this point because he's only done 3 MITD shows and it sounds like you have just been a peripheral listener.
I think Coast To Coast can make any host sound sub par. Their format is restrictive when covering topics that need to be flushed out more thoroughly, screened calls funnel the show in an inorganic way and many lengthy commercials can interrupt the theater of the mind. Keep on posting that opinion though  :D You'll be back on the shaft and balls deep in a few months.

Isn't it funny, the stupid shit people are complaining about? No offense to the person you just quoted, but the things people are saying on social media..  especially the Heather fans. One woman said she highly doubted DS was even bothering to see what people were saying about the show.  If only she knew.

If you had just took over a beloved man's radio program (whether the fans loved the man, or just his show), you'd have a lot of pressure riding on you. DS is a well seasoned radio host, but still. He came into a situation that was absolutely shitty, with Art dying, Heather acting like a tool, etc..  now he's under a microscope like most of us would never believe.  What does he do? Why did people mostly listen to Art? He's most known for "paranormal", right? And there are so many aspects to that.  So when you book your first week of guests, what do you go for? What the people know and are familiar with? Do a different theme every night? I mean, you're going to "freak people out" regardless.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: dsz on May 09, 2018, 10:38:06 PM
I wish we could take Heather a cake or something. Oh, wait... what's that I hear sloshing through the mail from Paul and Ella...

The cake they would make is the one the old lady brings to the Griswolds for Christmas- green jello with cat food in it.  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 10, 2018, 04:56:21 AM
Isn't it funny, the stupid shit people are complaining about? No offense to the person you just quoted, but the things people are saying on social media..  especially the Heather fans. One woman said she highly doubted DS was even bothering to see what people were saying about the show.  If only she knew.

If you had just took over a beloved man's radio program (whether the fans loved the man, or just his show), you'd have a lot of pressure riding on you. DS is a well seasoned radio host, but still. He came into a situation that was absolutely shitty, with Art dying, Heather acting like a tool, etc..  now he's under a microscope like most of us would never believe.  What does he do? Why did people mostly listen to Art? He's most known for "paranormal", right? And there are so many aspects to that.  So when you book your first week of guests, what do you go for? What the people know and are familiar with? Do a different theme every night? I mean, you're going to "freak people out" regardless.

All he had to do is ask us.  We can tell him what he should do. Starting in ....

bellNwhistle

Is Keith trolling Heather again?  ;D

(Bad audio is a no-no, Joe).

https://twitter.com/DMRadioNet/status/994534226115444737

Robert

Quote from: zeebo on May 10, 2018, 12:06:17 AMYeah I'm no JP Dub fan, and yet I'm sticking around.  Is it possible a good host is tipping the scales?
Probably.  Last night before bed I had JPW mixed up w the story-telling guy, then I woke up & MITD had JPW on.  What I think they're doing here is going w a very conservative play to wedge the ball off their own goal line, which is where they're starting this week.

ranger_star

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2018, 05:02:27 AM
All he had to do is ask us.  We can tell him what he should do. Starting in ....

It can't be that difficult to have Sean David Morton live from the penitentiary, is it not?

Lilith

Catching up on posts, getting coffee.

I'm hearing the right to death with dignity segment.  A topic of great interest to me.

Lilith

Quote from: WinWinS on May 10, 2018, 12:07:27 AM
what girl wouldn't want a wishing machine?  ;D regardless Josh rocks

*Blushes*  :)

bellNwhistle

I'm not long into this first guest.. 

Dying with dignity is about making the choice to die when and how you want. Not to get into a political debate, but if you have cancer and are suffering, you should be able to end your life at the time of your choosing. That's my opinion, and many don't agree with it. That's fine.

<soapbox>

As someone who studies Thanatology, the idea that people are being "starved to death" in hospitals is kind of ignorant.  When you are dying, your body can't process food or liquids. It knows what it's doing. If you want to eat or drink, and you can do so yourself, that's great. You should have that ability.  Nobody should keep food or liquids from you if you want them. That's wrong.  Any hospital doing that probably has some lawsuits on their hands. 

However, there are a lot of people with Alzheimers (for example) who may go over a week w/out food. They can't eat, because they can't swallow. It's the natural progression of their disease.  What is forcing food on them going to do? Even via a feeding tube, it's not going to extend their life, but actually add to their physical pain and suffering.  In fact, forcing liquids on a dying person will actually cause the fluids to move in other parts of the  body, and not where it would normally go.  This causes edema, which is very painful.  Either way, the person is still going to die. (Part of why hospice patients aren’t on IV fluids).

Trying to feed someone who is dying is more about the comfort of the family, who imagines the person dying is suffering. We tend to be taught that food is comfort.

</soapbox>

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 10, 2018, 05:52:42 AM

I'm hearing the right to death with dignity segment.  A topic of great interest to me.
I am catching up too Brig.
A few things...

1.popple was right about the fake Mrs. Schrader from the first night. Welcome to the real Mrs. Schrader, post often.

2. I am so glad Dave is not doing politics. The forum, IMO was terrible when it was just about politics. It divides people who are usually friendly with each other and I hate that. Life is so much more than politics.

3. Looking forward to listening to last nights show.

4. Great bellgab is a part of the show again and that both Scharders are posting here. It's all about community.

5. I love waking up and reading bellgab in the morning again. I missed this place.

PRAISE MV!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2018, 11:56:22 PM
So then he went in the Navy right?  And designed a way to change out jet engines in minutes instead of hours. At the age of 17.

Most creative people "peak" at an early age.

Sounds like he is 53 now with a mind of a 17 year old.

Exceptions to every rule.

Love All.. not

Quote from: Zenman on May 09, 2018, 11:33:32 PM
Did Art ever have a 7 hour show? Don't remember that.
I think the Y2K show was expanded if I recall. It wasn't 7 hours it was 8 I think.

Quote from: brig on May 10, 2018, 05:52:42 AM

Good morning Brig.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 10, 2018, 06:00:49 AM
A few things...

1.popple was right about the fake Mrs. Schrader from the first night. Welcome to the real Mrs. Schrader, post often.

2. I am so glad Dave is not doing politics. The forum, IMO was terrible when it was just about politics. It divides people who are usually friendly with each other and I hate that. Life is so much more than politics.

4. Great bellgab is a part of the show again and that both Scharders are posting here. It's all about community.

5. I love waking up and reading bellgab in the morning again. I missed this place.

PRAISE MV!

6. Glad it's all about you..again

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 10, 2018, 06:00:49 AM
A few things...

PRAISE MV!

6.  Keith had the show up in time for morning coffee....VERY important, VERY big plus IMO  ;D

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on May 10, 2018, 06:11:06 AM
6.  Keith had the show up in time for morning coffee....VERY important, VERY big plus IMO  ;D
Me too Brig!
Way to go Keith!

Lilith

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 10, 2018, 06:06:38 AM
Most creative people "peak" at an early age.

Sounds like he is 53 now with a mind of a 17 year old.

Exceptions to every rule.

Love All.. not

GOOD Morning  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 10, 2018, 12:41:10 AM
Sure. Look up "von Neumann self replicating probe" and "EMP". If there were an advanced enough alien civilization present in this solar system it would either be undetectable, or would own this planet. The fact that we are here at all suggests that aliens are not the explanation for UFOs. Something that advanced to have crossed that much relativistic space sure as hell wouldn't crash in Roswell because of lightning. Our own aircraft don't do that.

I don't see how that theory is any more probable than an advanced extraterrestrial craft crashing but whatever. You seem to think this paranormal enui of yours is shiek or something. I think it's boring and your just playing it intellectually safe.  :D

cweb

Can't wait to catch up on last night's show. Sounds like Dave took a tough situation and worked it out.

Quote from: CoolTen10 on May 10, 2018, 03:08:19 AM

I think Dave needs to go. I don't know what he did that your talking about because I didn't listen. You know why I didn't listen? Because he sucks! There is no other way to put it.

There are several other ways to put it. Ways with actual reasons, perhaps? Still, you're entitled to your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

Lilith

Quote from: cweb on May 10, 2018, 06:28:05 AM
Can't wait to catch up on last night's show. Sounds like Dave took a tough situation and worked it out.

There are several other ways to put it. Ways with actual reasons, perhaps? Still, you're entitled to your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

Are you listening now cweb?

I'm enjoying the program.  There's a least a bit of science included it seems for people like me who are not paranormal fans.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: dsz on May 10, 2018, 01:55:09 AM
I bet if everyone asked nicely for Heather to pop in and post here she'd do it... Maybe give us a preview of her first show back... what guests she has booked.
No way. She's beneath us and the "little show" that she started on. She's made that very clear. Besides Art told her not to post here before he died and anything Art said no matter how archaic or dumb is gold.  ::) Anyway doesn't she have to have a show to do that? I mean you don't even have a firm starting date, do you?

cweb

Quote from: brig on May 10, 2018, 06:30:02 AM
Are you listening now cweb?

I'm enjoying the program.  There's a least a bit of science included it seems for people like me who are not paranormal fans.
Wish I could, but I'm at work.  :D Got a meeting soon and then I have to cover the office for my coworker who is off. Still, I might sneak in some headphone listening.  :)

DynamoHum

She's keeping odd hours. Following for LOLs

ponyboysunset

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 10, 2018, 06:34:32 AM
She's keeping odd hours. Following for LOLs
And many LOLs there are  8) She actually has a chance to be creative and do her own show but instead she has completely shallowed the 'I'm Art Bell's legacy' whole.

DynamoHum

Just about to fire up the show from last night. Sounded meaty from what was said on here. I cnnot help but wonder how Heater would have handled Adair..maybe we will find out ;)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 10, 2018, 05:58:45 AM
I'm not long into this first guest.. 

Not to get into a political debate (or one of morality)......

Anyhoo..  since it's a bit too early for that discussion.  ::)

Mastodonkey

I listened to the show again. I did actually enjoy what Adair was saying for the most part. He wanted to explain everything right down to the time he changed his underwear, the brand of underwear, how much he shat in the previous pair of underwear, etc.. but at-least Dave got the part out of him about the ship being a biological carcass of alien origin.

I probably would've liked another hour but Dave had enough of him, he was somewhat eccentric and snarky and Dave wants to converse with his guest. I understand that. And as much as I used to loathe Warren. He and Dave talked about some interesting things. Good show overall. It was a weird night but Dave got through it well.