• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

bellNwhistle

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 07, 2018, 12:09:18 PM
like a piston
:D

Hey HB, are you at all excited about tonight? I doubt I’ll hear it live, so won’t know til morning who officially made “host”.

Sean92008

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 07, 2018, 12:49:33 PM
Hey HB, are you at all excited about tonight? I doubt I’ll hear it live, so won’t know til morning who officially made “host”.
Send me a direct message with your phone number and I'll wake you...  I know it is a burning question that may assist in better sleep, and a healthier you... ::)

paladin1991

Quote from: username on May 07, 2018, 11:23:50 AM
Wasn't Jonthan Myers posting in this thread? He's pretty flamboyant & courageous.

that avatar was used here.  Yes.  But I don't remember what team it was on

Taco Bell

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 07, 2018, 12:51:32 PM
Send me a direct message with your phone number and I'll wake you...  I know it is a burning question that may assist in better sleep, and a healthier you... ::)

The host's name will be written on his penis.

Dyna-X

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 07, 2018, 11:48:08 AM
I got Hoagland to use this as bumper music one night because it’s called the enterprise room.

SR, I don't know if you've heard many of the recent OSOM shows - but they are barely 19.5% what they were during your era. It seems like you were able to tame RH and keep him focused. The current formula seems to be:
1. RH's woeful news with weak connections
2. bull session with the bridge crew (and BTW there is an obscure guest and here is his technobable mess)
3. tonight's plan to conquer the world - send us money
4. RH squeezing out something mildly interesting from the guest by which time the show is over.

How did you tame him from not falling into this dreaded formula?

Quote from: ShayP on May 07, 2018, 12:05:05 PM
The halcyon days of OSOM.   8)
Hoagie coulda been a contender...

...with topics bouncing from the literature of H.P. Lovecraft, to the obscure and tantalizing Antikythera Mechanism, to faerie folk and naked maidens dancing with Richard (also possibly naked) in the misty upper Massachusetts’ forests primeval, circa 1971.

And back again.  Names dropping like sugar plums upon our pointy heads.

And Rossy was producing this beautiful mess, that was OSoM.

Hoagie was an idiot to let Rossy go.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 07, 2018, 12:51:32 PM

I like you, Sean. But maybe I’m not ready to take it to the next level.
;D

paladin1991

Quote from: Happier Times are Coming on May 07, 2018, 11:48:27 AM
So who is the new guy coming soon ?

He's Here!  He's Lurking!  Check out the members list.  He's been 'on line' for a couple of hours now.  Or you can just pm mv and ask him for admittance to The List and he'll give you the private 'heads up.'  We on the list get pm's detailing all kinds of neat shit.  The ART BELL Blitz was our greatest sukcess.  We get specials re: the continuing feed fm Falkies infected electronics, etc.

paladin1991

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 07, 2018, 12:18:19 PM
Dannion Brinkley called MITD "That little show" during the C2C tribute show if I recall correctly.

Fuck brinkley.  Fucking Pogue.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: nbirnes on May 07, 2018, 12:32:01 PM
Sorry, Human, if it was you. Brig has a very high percentage of being right around here, you know. I was lazy and didn't search thoroughly. Again.

This is why we trust in brig.

ItsOver

Quote from: mv on May 07, 2018, 12:25:03 PM
Think Vanilla Ice with multiple sclerosis and even worse clothing instincts.
I'm looking forward to the remix videos, with you prancing through Missouri pastures in your "come hither" best.

http://youtu.be/hqRhSyWH5_0

Faustina

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 07, 2018, 01:22:13 AM
Plus I think he's getting married again or maybe he already has.  I can't keep up with that guy.

Yes, Dave Shrader recently got married again. 

Corona Kitty

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 07, 2018, 12:52:35 PM
that avatar was used here.  Yes.  But I don't remember what team it was on

He was definitely "courageous".

paladin1991

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 07, 2018, 12:54:48 PM
The host's name will be written on his penis.

OH, written in shorthand.

This thread must be slowing down because I caught up.

It wasn't Heather's voice or cadence that bugged me, although it was annoying, it was when she said she didn't believe in psychics that did it. She's hosting a paranormal show needs to keep an open mind. Added was when she suddenly said she wasn't doing anymore conspiracy shows. I believe that happened while she had a guest on discussing conspiracies. Not very professional. She also said that while she didn't believe in psychics a psychic healer cured her of her headaches.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Faustina on May 07, 2018, 01:02:31 PM

Breeding stock identified.

bellNwhistle

Younger version of Art Bell? Sounds perfect!

Lol

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on May 07, 2018, 12:56:56 PM
I know you posted a message here for GNoory last night, giving him permission to play your simply marvelous creations, but you need to fill out this form for Tommy.  Praise MV and crank up the volume.

[attachment=1,msg1204298]

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/emerging-artists-form
Hey there you need to fix those so it stops downloading everytime I refresh. Those of us at work would appreciate it greatly. Thank you!

paladin1991

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 07, 2018, 01:04:43 PM
Hey there you need to fix those so it stops downloading everytime I refresh. Those of us at work would appreciate it greatly. Thank you!

Yeah.  No shit.  Now I can't get rid of it. 

Oh.  Shit.

MV 'falkied' me.

ponyboysunset

OMG he is the next Art Bell. Just look at the age difference! Too soon? ::)

Lord Grantham

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 07, 2018, 01:04:43 PM

I'm having the same issue.

Save us MV, you're our only hope

Faustina

Quote from: dsz on May 07, 2018, 02:37:25 AM
Interesting. I can find no instances where Schrader has discussed this specific incident or talked to this guest in the past. You'd think if him then a first guest would be someone he's more familiar with. Micah Hanks has discussed it. It's a Knapp topic. What's a Keith topic? Let's move it up to a 2% not-Schrader.

Now you have me wondering.  If it is Knapp, Keith has made a major score. 

ItsOver

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 07, 2018, 12:57:20 PM
I like you, Sean. But maybe I’m not ready to take it to the next level.
;D
Will you still kill him last?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 07, 2018, 11:07:38 AM
...there was a time when I had groupies. Believe me, I'm pretty much nothing but people are attracted for whatever reason...  I mean, there are people so you just got to wonder about...

As the owner of a leading internet message board, I know what you mean. 

Faustina

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 07, 2018, 01:06:00 PM
OMG he is the next Art Bell. Just look at the age difference! Too soon? ::)

Hahaha!!!  I think they do have quite a lot in common.  A lot of ex-wives, anyhow.