• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The screaming lady commercial

Started by bateman, July 21, 2015, 12:04:02 AM

BellBoy

Quote from: Jackstar on August 01, 2015, 05:48:33 PM

From Kickstarter:

It's gone about as viral as plain yogurt.

In Finland they call that Tavallinen Jogurtti!

Lunger

Quote from: zeebo on August 01, 2015, 04:28:29 PM
They kept the ad but dropped the scream.  How could they mess with a classic like that?

#bringbackthescream

You monster!

Reported

El Kragen

Quote from: Soylentblue on August 01, 2015, 04:45:47 PM
There is actually a real "Screaming Lady". She's an American who "screams" introductions at Asian MMA events.

The screaming lady in the ad on MITD is annoying. It's when you're lying in bed with the volume just loud enough to hear Art that she screams and OMG is that awful!

PRIDE Never Die!!!

El Kragen

As someone else already mentioned that scream is totally inappropriate for the mood they were trying to convey. It sounded more like a comedy horror scream. They probably paid someone on Fiverr for that sound clip.

And really ANOTHER film about the Dyatlov Pass incident. GTFO

jjsmooth

Quote from: El Kragen on August 02, 2015, 09:05:05 AM
And really ANOTHER film about the Dyatlov Pass incident. GTFO

I liked Devil's Pass. Thought the plot twist was interesting. What other movies are there?

Dixon Bawls

R.I.P. Ladyscream.
We hardly knew ye.

zeebo

People are starting to miss the scream.  And there's not enough arctic chaaga in the world to soothe us. 

Kolchak

I think the real problem is that the ad sounds like it was recorded with a logitech USB mic from 1998 covered in a tube sock.

Tapkaara

Thank God for this thread. I am so happy to know I am not alone.

At first I thought the scream was ridiculous. Now it's gone, and I miss it. I'm sad, even.

Does ANYONE have a file of it? I want to hear it again so badly.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kolchak on August 05, 2015, 11:57:13 AM
I think the real problem is that the ad sounds like it was recorded with a logitech USB mic from 1998 covered in a tube pink sock.
fixed

ziznak

This commercial has bothered the hell out of me too... I've even taking to turning the volume down when I know it's coming.  Bitch be oversatturated and needs to be gagged.

zeebo

Quote from: Tapkaara on August 05, 2015, 12:00:09 PM
Thank God for this thread. I am so happy to know I am not alone.

At first I thought the scream was ridiculous. Now it's gone, and I miss it. I'm sad, even.

Does ANYONE have a file of it? I want to hear it again so badly.

I warned you all.  You rushed to judgement and now we all make due with less.  Once we had the screaming lady, and there was joy and merriment across the land.  Now we just have arctic chaaga and some IRA commercial.  Do you not know what you have done with your anti-screaming-lady hive mind?  We must bring her back.  Like a phoenix rising from the ashes we shall hear her again!

Jackstar

Quote from: zeebo on August 06, 2015, 12:38:33 AM
I warned you all.

backers
$13,238
pledged of $450,000 goal
days to go

Tapkaara

Quote from: zeebo on August 06, 2015, 12:38:33 AM
I warned you all.  You rushed to judgement and now we all make due with less.  Once we had the screaming lady, and there was joy and merriment across the land.  Now we just have arctic chaaga and some IRA commercial.  Do you not know what you have done with your anti-screaming-lady hive mind?  We must bring her back.  Like a phoenix rising from the ashes we shall hear her again!

Now, Artic Chaaga I could do without.

zeebo

Anyone missing the unedited classic version of this ad, might be able to catch it on RCH's show which follows MITD.  I think it was Fri. nite's show I heard the raw directers cut and it was just as dramatic and inspired as I'd remembered it.  :D

Tapkaara

Quote from: zeebo on August 09, 2015, 08:27:23 PM
Anyone missing the unedited classic version of this ad, might be able to catch it on RCH's show which follows MITD.  I think it was Fri. nite's show I heard the raw directers cut and it was just as dramatic and inspired as I'd remembered it.  :D

Good to know. I desperately want......no.........NEED a recording of it!

popple

We found out you can't live with the screaming lady and you can't live without her.

Heard it after Art and before RCH.

They should start a kickstarter to fund more scream commercials. Sad it can't go on forever.

ziznak

wtf is artic chaaga anyways?? had me and a friend laughing the other night... Thinking about mayor quimby saying "chaaaaaggaaaaaah" like " chaaaaaadaaaaaar"

zeebo

Quote from: ziznak on August 14, 2015, 09:05:36 AM
wtf is artic chaaga anyways??  ...

I thought someone said it was like a fungi or such that grows on tree bark?  Sounds pretty tasty to me.

ziznak

yer a fuckin squirell tho... and now you have a light saber.... fuck us!!! EVERYTHING sounds tasty to you.

scottydawg

Quote from: ziznak on August 14, 2015, 09:05:36 AM
wtf is artic chaaga anyways?? had me and a friend laughing the other night... Thinking about mayor quimby saying "chaaaaaggaaaaaah" like " chaaaaaadaaaaaar"
Here's the link to the magical fungus from Alaska, Well I guess it's better than the Carnivora bullshit!
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1162672-meet-chaga-arctic-birch-fungus/

And here's a sample paragraph that will make you want a steaming mug of it in the morning! :o :P

Chaga has been called a tree cancer, and its development plays like an arboreal horror film in super slow motion. This fungal parasite infects trees deep within the trunk. As the mass grows over the course of several years, it pushes through the bark, oozing out in blobs until the host dies.

zeebo

Quote from: ziznak on August 14, 2015, 04:53:42 PM
yer a fuckin squirell tho... and now you have a light saber.... fuck us!!! EVERYTHING sounds tasty to you.

Haha yep ain't no tree food safe from me.

Tapkaara

I hate the Arctic Chaga commercial...but I'd have a feeling I'd really miss it if it went away. Like the screaming lady. I miss her so bad.