• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

ShayP

Quote from: Barfly on December 15, 2015, 03:24:23 AM
This is just great, lets pick out a show from the small RCH archives and pick one with audio issues, on top of that lets cut the bandwith for the show.

True.  It sucks.  But we have each other.  It's a bastardized version of braaps all over again.

zeebo

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 15, 2015, 03:21:25 AM
Everyone in this thread is awesome and has great tastes in Scifi.

Of course, like Sharktopus.  I know my SyFy.

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 15, 2015, 03:22:30 AM
Yup. Ron Perlman too. Loved it. George RR Martin used to write for it lol.
A-ha. Yah, that was pretty good.
MMMMMMmmmmmmm the "Game of Thrones author, & Pearlman is a good actor too. He's no Charles Bronson, but he's pretty good.

norland2424

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 15, 2015, 03:24:47 AM
Farscape was is still one of my faves. I grew up a Henson fan. Ben Browder is as nice as they come at a con and Claudia Black is my "waifu" as the kids say these days.

it was weird seeing them on Stargate sg1 a few years later too

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 15, 2015, 03:25:21 AM
lol it was good show, only damn episode i remeber is where they go to some bdsm island lol

found it...will be getting it...loving Ash Vs Evil Dead

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on December 15, 2015, 03:22:31 AM
Thoughts on Farscape?  I LOVED it.  8)

Would you believe I missed this the first time around?  Been binge-watching it on netflix.  Much more fun and clever show than I ever figured from those old promos they had.

Barfly

Quote from: ShayP on December 15, 2015, 03:25:32 AM
True.  It sucks.  But we have each other.  It's a bastardized version of braaps all over again.
I canceled Art and sent MV 5 bucks today, i told him i get more entertainment from the forum.

ShayP

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 15, 2015, 03:24:47 AM
Farscape was is still one of my faves. I grew up a Henson fan. Ben Browder is as nice as they come at a con and Claudia Black is my "waifu" as the kids say these days.

I worked with a woman years before that show started, and when I first watched it I thought it was her!  Could've been twins except for my coworker had reddish hair. 

Quote from: ShayP on December 15, 2015, 03:28:31 AM
I worked with a woman years before that show started, and when I first watched it I thought it was her!  Could've been twins except for my coworker had reddish hair.
*discreetly enters stalker mode... ;)

Barfly

Quote from: trostol on December 15, 2015, 03:27:21 AM
found it...will be getting it...loving Ash Vs Evil Dead
ABSOLUTELY!
i just got done watching ep 1-5
good stuff!

ShayP

Quote from: Barfly on December 15, 2015, 03:28:22 AM
I canceled Art and sent MV 5 bucks today, i told him i get more entertainment from the forum.

Understandable.  I dropped him 10 a while back.  (Not one upping you either!)  Tipped bateman as well.  Can't wait for his new show to get rolling.  I canceled everything otherwise.

Barfly

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 15, 2015, 03:29:52 AM
Sometimes i worry Shay may be Aqualung
but he really seems like a nice guy

ShayP

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 15, 2015, 03:29:52 AM

I was married at the time and she planted a kiss on my at a X-mas party.  I made eye contact with my wife while it happened too!  ;D  She was drunk and apologized. 

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on December 15, 2015, 03:27:32 AM
Would you believe I missed this the first time around?  Been binge-watching it on netflix.  Much more fun and clever show than I ever figured from those old promos they had.

I know quite a few people that didn't watch it and are trying to catch up.  It seemed hokie at first but I truly love the show.  It ended way too soon.  :(

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on December 15, 2015, 03:31:12 AM
try em out too, while b5 will look dated tho lol

I'm such a hipster I remember reading some pre-production show outline for it which I scammed off some usenet board back in the day.  8)  :-\

Quote from: ShayP on December 15, 2015, 03:33:04 AM
I was married at the time and she planted a kiss on my at a X-mas party.  I made eye contact with my wife while it happened too!  ;D  She was drunk and apologized.
Hahaha. The "you up for it?" look that all wives will shoot down. :(

norland2424

Quote from: ShayP on December 15, 2015, 03:33:04 AM

LOL ive had something like that happen to me before and im sure i had this look on my face

ShayP

Quote from: Barfly on December 15, 2015, 03:32:51 AM

"Seems"  Seems!?  >:(   I'm one of the nicest fucking guys you could ever know.  Fuck you.

;) ;D

Quote from: Barfly on December 15, 2015, 03:32:51 AM
I have my suspicions now...

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on December 15, 2015, 03:34:23 AM
I know quite a few people that didn't watch it and are trying to catch up.  It seemed hokie at first but I truly love the show.  It ended way too soon.  :(

What I love about it is they pick kinda what the them of the epi is, then they just focus on the story and blow off any technical points that get in the way .. ha .. unlike say trek where they obsess over tachyon field reasonings and such.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 15, 2015, 03:31:12 AM
try em out too, while b5 will look dated tho lol

i will..not sure i wanna take up the space on my pc for babylon 5 though

Barfly

Quote from: zeebo on December 15, 2015, 03:34:36 AM
I'm such a hipster I remember reading some pre-production show outline for it which I scammed off some usenet board back in the day.  8)  :-\
Man Usenet was the shit back in the day, ISP's would give it to ya for free..
Free Agent FTW, those where the days

ShayP

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on December 15, 2015, 03:35:00 AM
Hahaha. The "you up for it?" look that all wives will shoot down. :(

LOL!  My wife was cool about it.  I used that moment for fapping purposes.....sadly....for years.  :-[