• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

7/29/12

Joining George Knapp in the first half, the Founder of Free Our Family, Bill Scott, will share a terrifying experience when he and his wife invited a young lady who was demon possessed and the member of an active satanic network into their home. What happened were death threats, voices, objects falling & moving, and strange visitors & callers. 

In the latter half, journalist Matt Baglio chronicles an American priest's training as an exorcist and how the phenomena of possession, demons, and the Devil are not merely a remnant of the past, but remain a fearsome power in many people's lives.

Morgus

This weekend we get an extra (third) show this month with George Knapp since this month has five Sundays.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: 999 on July 27, 2012, 08:02:55 PM
7/29/12

Joining George Knapp in the first half, the Founder of Free Our Family, Bill Scott, will share a terrifying experience when he and his wife invited a young lady who was demon possessed and the member of an active satanic network into their home. What happened were death threats, voices, objects falling & moving, and strange visitors & callers. 

In the latter half, journalist Matt Baglio chronicles an American priest's training as an exorcist and how the phenomena of possession, demons, and the Devil are not merely a remnant of the past, but remain a fearsome power in many people's lives.
I'm curious how this show will turn out... my first impression is that religion may be part of the conversation, not usually Knapp's dept.  Wonder how he'll deal with it.
Another Sunday night of Knapp, even if it's the third of the month, is always a good thing in my books.

michio

Quote from: CoastCanuck on July 28, 2012, 12:28:56 PM
I'm curious how this show will turn out... my first impression is that religion may be part of the conversation, not usually Knapp's dept.  Wonder how he'll deal with it.
Another Sunday night of Knapp, even if it's the third of the month, is always a good thing in my books.

I'm listening to the show and am enjoying it. I've heard no holy preaching, no mention of angels or J.C. (except when they invoked the name to send away the bothersome spirit), with the central conversation staying on the possessed woman and her devil-made-me-do-it shenanigans. The suggestion of evil induced divorce is a bit hard to swallow, but I can understand the stresses of invisible things bouncing on your bed and chest as the lights turn on and off with no one by the switch could be a factor. It's another fine job by a true and seasoned professional at the microphone.  But when they open up the lines to the scripture quoting callers, all bets are off for a sermon-free night.

WOTR

I was in my truck and turned on the radio to hear the very start of Coast.  I actually felt my heart sink expecting Wells or Noory and then, out of the blue I find that it is a super-charged particle of unobtainium slamming into my radio.  I felt the tension physically drain from my shoulders and settled back.

So far, so good (though I am less than 1/2 an hour in.)  George actually used the phrase "I read the book this weekend," and I believe him!  Naturally, there is some reference to religion, but it is the Father Martin type and not the "I see angels" type.

I understand that Knapp has a day job and that we cannot have him regular.  This is as it should be- you cannot enjoy ice cream if you have it every day.  Besides, it is nice to have the contrast between the verbal masturbator (Wells), the inept (Noory) and a competent, engaged host.

WOTR

Knapp had mentioned Dan Galante a couple of times as his producer this evening.  Could that be a part of the difference between a Knapp show and a Noory/Wells show?  I notice that he is no longer listed on the Coast website and it makes me wonder if there are people behind the scenes who are upset to find Knapp choosing Galante.

While doing a quick search for him I found the contact info for Lisa Lyon including phone number and fax number.  It really makes me want to give her a call to express my disgust with George and Wells.  I swear that Wells was hired to make Noory look good and would like confirmation direct from the producer...

What the hell?!?  Knapp and / or Galante do not hang up on their callers???  Near the end of open lines for the first guest the question was asked, the response given and Knapp was beginning to introduce the next caller when he abruptly stopped.  He asked the previous caller if he had something to add (the guy basically responded that he just want to thank them.)  I was so taken aback to hear the caller had not been cut off that I had to pick myself up off the floor.  There are so many differences, both obvous and subtle in hosting style...

HorrorRetro

I listened for the first hour.  I think both Knapp and the guest were great.  The guest wasn't preachy. My issue, and why I turned it off, was the subject matter.  I did a lot of research into the whole occult-devil worship subject for a paper a few years ago and found it to be utter bunk. There is no generational Satanic worship and sacrifice going on.  ::)  It was fascinating to research. 

It's disturbing that there are still people imprisoned due to the infamous Kern County, CA, cases and other "Satanic daycare" cases back in the '80s and early '90s.  Prosecutors who worked on the case still claim that they believe the "victims," whose claims were so incredible, for instance, daycare workers flying around the rooms; sacrifice of other daycare children, despite the fact that no daycare children ever went missing; claims of 5-year-old children having babies who were then sacrificed and fed to the daycare children; etc.

The documentary Witch Hunt tells the Kern County story. 

Gina

ItsOver

The difference between Snoory and Knapp is really striking, especially with handling callers.  The local station played some Snoory crap from the past, before Knapp's show last night.  The Snoory replay actually had some interesting callers and 'ol Snoory was doing his usual aggravating, brainless cut-offs rather than asking some follow-up questions.  His usual lazy, no real interest style.  :P  Snoory doesn't differentiate between a rambling, cat-lady caller or Michio Kaku.  Then he skipped out early and played that old, idiotic guy supposedly laughing about some lady beating on a guy. 

Grimace

Really enjoyed this show, I wonder how legit the Bill Scott stuff is - it was certainly entertaining to listen to but I'd want to hear those recordings of the possessed woman for myself.

Both guests were interesting as were the callers... what a breath of fresh air. This was the only Coast show I listened to this week and I might catch up with some of the other shows posted on Youtube, but that could just lead to frustration. I think I'll just stick to the Knapp/Punnett stuff in the near future unless someone recommends otherwise.

Grimace

Quote from: HorrorRetro on July 30, 2012, 10:19:16 AM
I did a lot of research into the whole occult-devil worship subject for a paper a few years ago and found it to be utter bunk. There is no generational Satanic worship and sacrifice going on.  ::)  It was fascinating to research. 

Oh man, but did I love the massive amount of urban legends circulating around the NY metro area of Satanic cults in every stretch of woods and in every abandoned church or mental asylum. Two bizarre crimes which bred decades of rumors on both sides of the Hudson that come to mind are the 1971 "occult" drowning in Vineland (southern), NJ and the perhaps better known Ricky Kasso "Acid King" murder in Northport, NY in 1984. It's been a while since I've read about either, but the 1971 crime seemed damn bizarre if nothing more. This kid Michael Newell apparently asks his friends to bound his arms and legs and then, by his own will, then is pushed into a pond to drown after some sort of demonic service. Then there's something about how he thought he was going to be reanimated as some sort of... umm.... Satan-powered undead captain to rule over 40 legions of demons? Laughable except for the fact that he actually... y'know, drowned.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Grimace on July 30, 2012, 10:49:48 AM
the perhaps better known Ricky Kasso "Acid King" murder in Northport, NY in 1984. It'

I remember that case.  I got interested in the subject matter after reading a book, Say You Love Satan, on this case, by David St. Clair back in '87 or so.  It was pretty creepy stuff back then. 

Gina

ItsOver

Quote from: Grimace on July 30, 2012, 10:24:34 AM
Really enjoyed this show, I wonder how legit the Bill Scott stuff is - it was certainly entertaining to listen to but I'd want to hear those recordings of the possessed woman for myself.

Both guests were interesting as were the callers... what a breath of fresh air. This was the only Coast show I listened to this week and I might catch up with some of the other shows posted on Youtube, but that could just lead to frustration. I think I'll just stick to the Knapp/Punnett stuff in the near future unless someone recommends otherwise.

If I want to listen to something close to what Art had with C2C, I'll just stick to Knapp and Punnett, too.  If I want to put my self to sleep, interspersed with WTF moments, I'll flip-on Sing-Along-with-Snoory.  I just hope my radio automatically shuts-off before UFO Phil.  :P

Nebraska888

Quote from: WOTR on July 30, 2012, 02:44:20 AM
Knapp had mentioned Dan Galante a couple of times as his producer this evening.  Could that be a part of the difference between a Knapp show and a Noory/Wells show?  I notice that he is no longer listed on the Coast website and it makes me wonder if there are people behind the scenes who are upset to find Knapp choosing Galante.

While doing a quick search for him I found the contact info for Lisa Lyon including phone number and fax number.  It really makes me want to give her a call to express my disgust with George and Wells.  I swear that Wells was hired to make Noory look good and would like confirmation direct from the producer...

What the hell?!?  Knapp and / or Galante do not hang up on their callers???  Near the end of open lines for the first guest the question was asked, the response given and Knapp was beginning to introduce the next caller when he abruptly stopped.  He asked the previous caller if he had something to add (the guy basically responded that he just want to thank them.)  I was so taken aback to hear the caller had not been cut off that I had to pick myself up off the floor.  There are so many differences, both obvous and subtle in hosting style...

I encourage you to contact Lyons.  I have sent many emails to her and the other behind the scenes people expressing how Coast fans are fed up with Noory.  I always send an email to Knapp and the "crew" after Knapp's programs.  In those emails I point out how adept Knapp is as a radio host and interviewer (intelligence, vocabulary, sentence structure, follow-up questions, preparedness, etc..etc...)
Knapp was "made" for Coast to Coast.  He's a natural!

Last night's show was the third best of the year--the first two best shows are also Knapp's about people vanishing.

I can only imagine the subject matter would other hosts have tackled it. But the way Knapp did it was quite honest..

Morgus

Knapp's first guest last night harkened back to some of the classic Art Bell shows in the 90s including an interview Art did with a satanist witch 'Harlot' and also many interviews he did with Father Malachi Martin. Evelyn Paglini in earlier interviews with Art also told of battling these satanist groups and entities.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: WOTR on July 30, 2012, 02:44:20 AM

My impression is Dan Galante is the weekend guy.  First minute of 2nd hour of Saturday night's Wells show, Wells thanked those at command control of his show, specifically mentioning Dan Galante.

I'm housesitting for some people at the moment, staying the night there and everything, and last night's show scared the bejesus out of me  ;D

Getting the bejesus scared out of me still beats dying of boredom due to George Noory's hosting though.

Nebraska888

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 30, 2012, 12:10:18 PM
Last night's show was the third best of the year--the first two best shows are also Knapp's about people vanishing.

I can only imagine the subject matter would other hosts have tackled it. But the way Knapp did it was quite honest..

I agree!

Nebraska888

Quote from: thefamilyghost on July 30, 2012, 06:17:57 PM
I'm housesitting for some people at the moment, staying the night there and everything, and last night's show scared the bejesus out of me  ;D

Getting the bejesus scared out of me still beats dying of boredom due to George Noory's hosting though.

Too funny!!!!  You are so correct!

Just finished listening to my download of Sunday night.  Best show of the year so far.

WOTR

Quote from: CoastCanuck on July 30, 2012, 05:59:19 PM
My impression is Dan Galante is the weekend guy.  First minute of 2nd hour of Saturday night's Wells show, Wells thanked those at command control of his show, specifically mentioning Dan Galante.
That is interesting... It really makes me wonder why his name is pulled from the contacts on the official Coast website (perhaps he requested it to make it harder for nutcases to contact him?) 

On the contact page is the statement (When signing up for Coast Insider, you have special access to George Noory via a private e-mail system. George often uses listener emails in presenting the show. With this system, you can communicate your thoughts, ideas and opinions to George as he makes each night's broadcast.)

Can you imagine PAYING to have that idiot try to put your intelligent thoughts and questions to the guest in his own words?  I know this is a selling point, but is access to George via private e-mail really something anybody would want???  The man has enough trouble reading his little 3X5s and they want him to try to read emails, compose thoughts and put other peoples ideas into his own words while interviewing a guest live?!?  If the statement that he is reading emails while he is making the presentations is true it goes at least part way to explaining some of the suckage.  I have tried to carry on conversations over the phone while reading emails.  The result is not something of quality that I would want broadcast over the airwaves to others...

stevesh

Quote from: WOTR on July 31, 2012, 12:10:33 AM

On the contact page is the statement (When signing up for Coast Insider, you have special access to George Noory via a private e-mail system. George often uses listener emails in presenting the show. With this system, you can communicate your thoughts, ideas and opinions to George as he makes each night's broadcast.)

Didn't know I had special access to the head doofus. It ain't easy being a Coast Insider and a Little Hater at the same time.

I think the whole demonic thing is a load of horseshit, but even I enjoyed Knapp's first guest.

Quote from: stevesh on July 31, 2012, 03:15:06 AM
Didn't know I had special access to the head doofus. It ain't easy being a Coast Insider and a Little Hater at the same time.

I think the whole demonic thing is a load of horseshit, but even I enjoyed Knapp's first guest.

Good point on the demonic stuff.
Concerning the first guest, my friend who is a pretty learned guy with a masters degree in a few things actually has studied and debunked lots of satanic ritual abuse. He told me he listened to Knapp's show and discounted pretty much everything the religious man had to say concerning the woman. My first instinct when listening to it is why didn't anyone ever think about calling the police..? Someone is being threatened with murder and all we can do is take her home??

BUT.. regardless of the truth, it made for good radio.

The second guest was a better one, solid information, and interesting stuff about the Catholic church. I was hoping Knapp would have brought up Fr Martin.

indigoo

Hire this man!

Knapp is my favorite, always has been since he started. To me, he also slightly looks like Bell in some way, but that may just be me wishing he was full-time. Love his intro as well, shows he has style.

b_dubb

now that Ian has been reduced to once a month and Knapp appears semi weekly at most ... we have to hold our breath a long time between quality shows. just an observation. also I hate this

Lovely Bones

Quote from: b_dubb on August 06, 2012, 08:04:08 AM
now that Ian has been reduced to once a month and Knapp appears semi weekly at most ... we have to hold our breath a long time between quality shows. just an observation. also I hate this

I am so with you, b_dubb.  I listen to re-runs of Knapp and Ian or to fineart stream on most nights; listen live to C2C ONLY when Ian or Knapp are on, which is pathetically few nights. 

I would seriously rather hear some Knapp UFO tale for the 15th time or Ian and the Biblical contradiction guy for the 6th than listen to the latest incarnation of "could it be angels?" with Noory or "1,001 Ways We'll Meet Destruction" with John-Boy.  And I don't care how deep his voice is. 

elbee

Has anyone noticed how sucky knapps shows are getting lately?!

Its like he just DOESN'T CARE ANYMORE

and WHO can blame him?!

FUCK

b_dubb

Quote from: EgoFartSnooryBoy on August 09, 2012, 01:38:09 AM
Has anyone noticed how sucky knapps shows are getting lately?!

Its like he just DOESN'T CARE ANYMORE

and WHO can blame him?!

FUCK

nope.  you may be alone in your observation

Knapp, I refuse to insult him and call him George, is by far the only decent host on Coast to Coast.