• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

coaster

Quote from: jimmy church on February 25, 2014, 12:57:57 PM
George Noory:  The best fall to sleep material on earth...better than Ambien.  No joke.  Honestly, I have NEVER gotten through a show.  When I first heard him on air after Art I was pretty angry and have never gotten over it...I thought that a show like C2C was able to search the country and come up with somebody that was great...there is a lot of talent out there...I was shocked when I first heard Noory...I remember thinking at the time: "this is it??? this is what we've got??? are you kidding me???"...but, Herbalife has their spokesman and Clear Channel is happy.  Ever wonder where Gaiam TV tapes their show???  I'll bet the farm it's in the Herbalife offices at Nokia Live in downtown Los Angeles.

I should email this to Noory. I wonder if he has ever seen it.

expat

Actually Gaiam TV is in Boulder, CO.

albrecht

Well, he was better than Norry but irritated me with his pronunciation of "diaspora" constantly. I like Peter Levenda so had to listen but at every break Jimmy would come in and say "diaspora" like DIA-spora instead of di-AS-pora.

ComeBackArt

Quote from: albrecht on November 10, 2014, 04:07:39 PM
Well, he was better than Norry but irritated me with his pronunciation of "diaspora" constantly. I like Peter Levenda so had to listen but at every break Jimmy would come in and say "diaspora" like DIA-spora instead of di-AS-pora.

Guess he didn't take the time to look it up in the dic-tion-ARY...

albrecht

Quote from: ComeBackArt on November 10, 2014, 04:16:03 PM
Guess he didn't take the time to look it up in the dic-tion-ARY...
Aren't these people, like Noory, Jimmy, etc, supposed to be media professionals? They seem to have such trouble pronouncing basic English words. How do you get a job broadcasting if common words "throw you?" If they are confused about a certain pronunciation or word why wouldn't they look it up, google it, or simply ask someone? Especially when it the TITLE OF THE SHOW and subject matter.

astroguy

Quote from: albrecht on November 10, 2014, 04:07:39 PM
Haven't listened to it yet, but my brother when he last visited was doing the same thing.  I had to correct him.  The worst part was that he had just come back from doing a birthright trip to Israel.

When I was on with Jimmy many months ago, there were a couple mispronunciations on his part.  The only one I corrected was the name of my podcast/blog.

b_dubb

I'm going to  change my stage name to Johnny Christ and see if I can get some of that PremRad money

http://youtu.be/Lv2qLOiioPc

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on November 10, 2014, 05:19:48 PM
Haven't listened to it yet, but my brother when he last visited was doing the same thing.  I had to correct him.  The worst part was that he had just come back from doing a birthright trip to Israel.

When I was on with Jimmy many months ago, there were a couple mispronunciations on his part.  The only one I corrected was the name of my podcast/blog.
Everyone makes mistakes. And the first live big broadcast on C2C is likely stressful. But he kept doing it. I know there are regional pronunciation differences and especially differences in the English-speaking world between countries. And have no problem with them. But this wasn't some regional dialect but simply not knowing how to pronounce a, at least relatively, common word. It was not a scientific term or some inside-ballbase, technology trade term that you are seeing for the first time. And he KEPT doing it. No staff corrected him? And it was the SUBJECT of the show. (I will not comment on your brother. Haha. But schools these days are likely spending more time on who-knows-what than to teach pronunciation, grammar, etc.)

yumyumtree

I think that this was my first time hearing Jimmy Church, and I like him, especially compared to some of the usual on C toC.

I ended up listening to the whole show, except for between 12 and 12:30 when I dozed off. I had heard Lavenda discuss Ratline with Ian, probably more than once, and got increasingly annoyed with him as the show went on.  He seems to think that the radical Muslims behaved themselves until they were corrupted by the Nazis.  I don't think that this is true. I know of the connections between the grand Mufti, the Muslim brotherhood, etc. and Nazis. Lavenda isn't the first person to point this out.  But radical Islamist bad behavior goes back to the 1700s.  I suppose one big difference is that a lot of others were behaving in uncivilized ways, taking slaves, etc., so it wasn't as noticable.

I don't like this blanket condemnation of  Catholics and other religious figures, either, claiming that they protected or cooperated with Nazis. I know that some did, just like some protected child molesters or were child molesters, but it's unfair smear them all. There were in fact some Christian figures who stood up to the Nazis.  Maybe he gives them credit in his book, but he didn't last night.  He also claims that there were ties with some Buddhists and Hindus and Nazis.

He claims that South America, and in fact the whole world, was crawling with old Nazis. I say "was' because by now, they have to be awfully dang old, even if it was Hitler Youth they were in. Did anybody hear him say something about Hitler still being around in 1995? I think I did? Hitler was born in the 1880s so that would have meant he was well over 100. This is comic book stuff. Call me an idiot, but I believe the account (which I think was the British historian Trevor-Roper). Hitler and Eva committed suicide in the bunker and had arranged for their bodies to be incinerated immediately because he feared them falling into the hands of the Allies(especially the Soviets, I imagine) or feared having a macabre display such as the one of Mussolini and Clara Petacci hanging upside down in the street. Lavenda gets one thing right--the Nazis were a cult, a death cult. Magda Goebbels killed her own children, for crying out loud, and Hitler had his beloved dog put down.

Maybe it happened while I dozed off, but I did not hear one word of praise for the tireless work of people who did dedicated themselves to bringing old Nazis like Barbie, the Butcher of Lyon, to justice.

b_dubb

I've tried to listen to Jimmy Church.  I can never make it through the first fifteen minutes. 

aldousburbank

Wait, I have an idea!
Why don't they go binary double doofus and call it the Dave and Jimmy Shchow?

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 10, 2014, 06:57:01 PM
Wait, I have an idea!

Complete with fart and toilet flushing sound effects.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2014, 07:29:59 PM

Sounds like you could be their producer.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2014, 07:29:59 PM

the gabcast/tainco have exclusive rights on that.

popple

I don't think Jimmy Church will leave for Coast to Coast. John Titor 2 said Fade2Blech was an important show in the future. No mention of him being on C2C lol

jazmunda

Quote from: popple on November 10, 2014, 08:01:11 PM
I don't think Jimmy Church will leave for Coast to Coast. John Titor 2 said Fade2Blech was an important show in the future. No mention of him being on C2C lol

Considering Titor's past hit rate a boxing match between him and Dames would be a snooze fest.

popple

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 10, 2014, 06:57:01 PM
Wait, I have an idea!

They need a trendy celebrity couple name. How about Blech + Jorch?

....Or maybe just Jurch & Jorch.

Quote from: popple on November 10, 2014, 09:15:39 PM

....Or maybe just Jurch & Jorch.

I like that one the best, popple. I'm going to start using that one.

Watching my cat lick its own ass is more exciting than listening to either Whorge Snoory or Timmy Stench.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 02, 2014, 05:46:23 PM

Oh Bart Ell, you are always so right... what is next?

Well Bart Ell, it seems like Dave Noory is a Sam Kinison fan. Why do I say that? Well, he got Chuuch to invite him to his bedroom and now Dave is going to cum on his back, take $20 out of his purse for cab fare and then climb out the bedroom window before Chuuch wakes up.

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on November 10, 2014, 06:34:02 PM
I think that this was my first time hearing Jimmy Church, and I like him, especially compared to some of the usual on C toC.

I ended up listening to the whole show, except for between 12 and 12:30 when I dozed off. I had heard Lavenda discuss Ratline with Ian, probably more than once, and got increasingly annoyed with him as the show went on.  He seems to think that the radical Muslims behaved themselves until they were corrupted by the Nazis.  I don't think that this is true. I know of the connections between the grand Mufti, the Muslim brotherhood, etc. and Nazis. Lavenda isn't the first person to point this out.  But radical Islamist bad behavior goes back to the 1700s.  I suppose one big difference is that a lot of others were behaving in uncivilized ways, taking slaves, etc., so it wasn't as noticable.

I don't like this blanket condemnation of  Catholics and other religious figures, either, claiming that they protected or cooperated with Nazis. I know that some did, just like some protected child molesters or were child molesters, but it's unfair smear them all. There were in fact some Christian figures who stood up to the Nazis.  Maybe he gives them credit in his book, but he didn't last night.  He also claims that there were ties with some Buddhists and Hindus and Nazis.

He claims that South America, and in fact the whole world, was crawling with old Nazis. I say "was' because by now, they have to be awfully dang old, even if it was Hitler Youth they were in. Did anybody hear him say something about Hitler still being around in 1995? I think I did? Hitler was born in the 1880s so that would have meant he was well over 100. This is comic book stuff. Call me an idiot, but I believe the account (which I think was the British historian Trevor-Roper). Hitler and Eva committed suicide in the bunker and had arranged for their bodies to be incinerated immediately because he feared them falling into the hands of the Allies(especially the Soviets, I imagine) or feared having a macabre display such as the one of Mussolini and Clara Petacci hanging upside down in the street. Lavenda gets one thing right--the Nazis were a cult, a death cult. Magda Goebbels killed her own children, for crying out loud, and Hitler had his beloved dog put down.

Maybe it happened while I dozed off, but I did not hear one word of praise for the tireless work of people who did dedicated themselves to bringing old Nazis like Barbie, the Butcher of Lyon, to justice.
Yeah, it is quite fantastic that "everybody" is a NAZI. But, obviously, the ideology survives on some level (not now old, actual NAZIs but their descendants and others who simply start reading Strasser, Hitler, etc and admire them. Neo-Nazis, sympathizers, offspring of same, German diaspora communities in South America who might harbor sympathies, etc.) And many corporate leaders- here, in Germany, in neutral Sweden, and in Britain admired the NAZIs- at least early on. And did big business with them. Many of them were never punished, really. The regime wouldn't have been successful without those industries and financial connections.) And much of the loot was squirrelled away in various accounts and things like gold and even art hordes are still being discovered today. There also is some questions of what happened to all the loot taken by the Japanese during their occupation of much of Asia. Hitler's (and Eva's) death is questionable. There were not many actual witnesses and, decades later, the Hitler skull taken by Stalin was analyzed and found to be not only not being his but being a women's. Also the id of Hitler was based on "recollection" of Hitler's dental records by his dentist (the actual records were destroyed or couldn't be found.) Again, suspect. I'm not saying Hitler used the "rat lines" but those are verified, to an extent, (as you mention the NAZIs who were later tracked down and caught.) Also there are organizations similar to "Odessa" (whether or not that actually existed- account vary) like Die Stille (Die Stille Hilfe für Kriegsgefangene und Internierte,) Die Spinne, and HAIG (Hilfsgemeinschaft auf Gegenseitigkeit der Angehörigen der ehemaligen Waffen-SS.) Now, some argue that these are simply "veteran organizations" but their leadship, funding, and operations are still fairly mysterious. And the links between such organizations like Die Spinne (the spider) and regimes in South America, Spain, etc are verified. The ideology survives, on some level, even if Hitler died and any original NAZI are dead (long or more recently.)

astroguy

Quote from: albrecht on November 11, 2014, 09:39:37 AM
decades later, the Hitler skull taken by Stalin was analyzed and found to be not only not being his but being a women's

Assuming this is true (I have only heard it claimed by C2C people but I haven't done independent research), while it's intriguing, it does NOT mean much to me.  Why?  Well, there were samples of the moon that the Apollo astronauts collected, and small pieces were given to many different dignitaries around the world.  Decades later, one or two were examined and found to be simply petrified wood or a terrestrial rock.  If we misplace something like that over the decades, accidentally switching a skull doesn't seem as farfetched anymore.  At least to me.

On the other hand, people who think we never went from the moon say that THAT is the smoking gun proving the whole thing was a hoax.

My point is that, at least for me, I am going to default to incompetence rather than conspiracy.

WildCard

Quote from: Bart Ell on November 11, 2014, 09:36:11 AM
Oh Bart Ell, you are always so right... what is next?
O.K., you were right. I was wrong.
I tried to like Timmy, but you were right. (Damn, that stings!)
p.s.,
Some asshole named Dave Noorie stole your original "artwork" and posted it on Timmy's page.
Dino/vegasguy will give that Dave guy a stern talking to.

Hey Dino,
Did you ever figure out which one of LaVey's daughters you dated?
It's not a trick question. It's either Zeena or Karla. Just pick one.
Happy Black Christmas, douche bag.

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on November 11, 2014, 12:02:37 PM
Assuming this is true (I have only heard it claimed by C2C people but I haven't done independent research), while it's intriguing, it does NOT mean much to me.  Why?  Well, there were samples of the moon that the Apollo astronauts collected, and small pieces were given to many different dignitaries around the world.  Decades later, one or two were examined and found to be simply petrified wood or a terrestrial rock.  If we misplace something like that over the decades, accidentally switching a skull doesn't seem as farfetched anymore.  At least to me.

On the other hand, people who think we never went from the moon say that THAT is the smoking gun proving the whole thing was a hoax.

My point is that, at least for me, I am going to default to incompetence rather than conspiracy.
Who knows? Surely though with modern science we should get closer to the truth but I agree that incompetence is usually closer to the truth than a grand conspiracy. Though the "rat lines" and organizations I mentioned were legit. Some still exist to this day as "veteran organizations" with shadowy funding and leadership. Fascist ties to various dictators (Stroessner, Franco, Peron, Salazar, etc) were also verified and historical as were the large companies who did business with Hitler (inside Germany and outside.) The skull story is varied. A little too much "reality" tv-esque for me but still interesting.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/sep/27/adolf-hitler-suicide-skull-fragment
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/12/10/hitler.skull.debate/

He opened the show tonight with one of George's tweets.
OMG, I am listening?
I suppose.

Because CL is better on soundcloud sans commercials.
Oh maybe I can catch the ship.
Maybe the line has diminished.

Surmo

This thread seems imminently needed, to espouse views on
the two-faced nature of Mrs. Church.  Sure, he has a right
for his own career, but he should be a man (or woman) about
it and fess up to what he is really up to.  My goal is to listen
to Art Bell again, for however long, and I dont want the goals
and career aspirations of the Church Lady to get in the way.

By the way Jimmy, take down your listenership numbers from
700 a show to 699.  I won't bother to listen again.

Admin note:  Probably best if we just limit the forum to one Jimmy Church thread.

Danger!UFO

698. The sooner he leaves for CTC the better. There should be no alliance with or mention of Snoory and CTC on Art's future network home.

laserjock

I don't dare say anything or people will criticize me for being a broken record.  He sucks, as a person and as a host.