• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on February 06, 2014, 08:02:59 PM
As I have posted on Facebook and as I promised on this Forum, as soon as I am released from the
Sirius/XM NC I will begin streaming my own show. The article so well written about JBW only confirms
what I have felt for YEARS.

I might have better luck asking Julie for a release of my NC.......I say this because while I was trying
to talk to Sirius/XM two days after I left, I simply could not understand why they were not responding
to my offer to return if they would only allow streaming until Sirius fixed their problems, when I finally did
get a response it was to inform me that Coast would be taking my spot on channel 104.

It is my feeling that "they" want me kept off the air, ho hum, I will fool them by staying healthy and kicking
their ass as soon as I can get free.

Art

Thanks for the update Art. We will be here waiting. Stay well.

Oh and I lost a bet but I'm glad I lost. Post often.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: Paul on February 06, 2014, 08:00:17 PM

I was about to post that when I see you beat me to it...   
You people are on the ball!

Hi Paul!

That article says it all, doesn't it? Truth be told. When I see John B's new website I can't help but think of Art coming back to host his new show.

FallenSeraph

It is my feeling that "they" want me kept off the air, ho hum, I will fool them by staying healthy and kicking

Art

To quote jazmunda, Holy Crikey it's Art Bell!!

Now we can stop writing haikus!

Producer-Paul

Quote from: Danger!UFO on February 06, 2014, 08:01:57 PM
Wow! Art and Producer Paul are in the house! Welcome back! We miss you, Art!

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

As for the Continuum, we only got hang ups...  So there was no content for
Keith to edit and post.

Tiz good to be here!

Just counting down....

As I have posted on Facebook and as I promised on this Forum, as soon as I am released from the
Sirius/XM NC I will begin streaming my own show. The article so well written about JBW only confirms

I might have better luck asking Julie for a release of my NC.......I say this because while I was trying
to talk to Sirius/XM two days after I left, I simply could not understand why they were not responding
to my offer to return if they would only allow streaming until Sirius fixed their problems, when I finally did
get a response it was to inform me that Coast would be taking my spot on channel 104.

Art

Art, can you tell us who originally came up with WElls as a guest host back in 2005? Did you have any part in that?

Danger!UFO

Art

So good to hear from you, Art! We'll be waiting!

It is 571 days, 4 hours, 46 minutes, 20 seconds

until Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 12:00:01 AM (Las Vegas time)  :) ;) 8)

Uncle Duke

Hmmm....very interesting timing for Art's reappearance here.  Assuming CTM actually happens, wonder if Art will be a guest with JBW?  Talk about a way to boost subscription sales.  As I recall, one of the legal beagles who was posting here in Nov said Art could be a guest on another show without violating his NC.

jazmunda

Who said this thread is dead? There's still life in the ole girl yet.

1000 pages or bust!

HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, ART!

PS thanks for the update. KICK ASS!

Birdie

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 06, 2014, 08:25:42 PM
Assuming CTM actually happens, wonder if Art will be a guest with JBW?  Talk about a way to boost subscription sales. 
I would absolutely love to see (hear) this! It would surely be both fantastic and fascinating. And it would chafe George's ass big time...a very nice bonus.

jazmunda

Art

Does Julie = Jess?

Danger!UFO

Just some some thoughts on Art's new show (when it happens).

Art: I know you mentioned that you would stream your new show for free? I would be glad to pay a subscription fee to stream your show 'on demand'. You'll soon have a library of shows to listen to. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has to get up early to get to work. Streaming past shows would be a nice option that I would pay for.

I hope you can license some of the music that you use to play on past shows. To heck with C to C and George! Use 'The Chase' as your theme song. It's yours!

Whatever you decide will be fine with us fans. Five days a week. Three days a week, It doesn't matter. We'll be glad you're back.

Lot's of time to make plans! Watch and see how John B. and others do.

We look to the high desert and wait for your return.... ::) ;) :)

Foodlion

Quote from: Danger!UFO on February 06, 2014, 08:53:52 PM
Just some some thoughts on Art's new show (when it happens).

Art: I know you mentioned that you would stream your new show for free? I would be glad to pay a subscription fee to stream your show 'on demand'. You'll soon have a library of shows to listen to. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has to get up early to get to work. Streaming past shows would be a nice option that I would pay for.

I hope you can license some of the music that you use to play on past shows. To heck with C to C and George! Use 'The Chase' as your theme song. It's yours!

Whatever you decide will be fine with us fans. Five days a week. Three days a week, It doesn't matter. We'll be glad you're back.

Lot's of time to make plans! Watch and see how John B. and others do.

We look to the high desert and wait for your return.... ::) ;) :)

Not to mention he can do a "Skype type" conference show that will sound MUCH better as far as audio quality, and less drops too.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: guildnavigator on February 06, 2014, 08:51:27 PM

That is BRILLIANT! I'm going to do that every time I get a letter from Sirius XM begging me to come back. Ha!

Producer-Paul

Quote from: jazmunda on February 06, 2014, 08:46:15 PM
Does Julie = Jess?

"John was unceremoniously fired by Julie Talbot"
--------------
"Now here's President, Content & Affiliate Relations Premiere Networks Julie Talbott telling us how she got into radio…"
http://www.radioink.com/article.asp?id=2658740

coaster

Nice to hear from Art and Paul again.

Quote from: Paul on February 06, 2014, 09:18:41 PM
--------------
"Now here's President, Content & Affiliate Relations Premiere Networks Julie Talbott telling us how she got into radio…"

Grrr.... Jess, the enemy of free speech.
And Julie, too..

jazmunda

They could still be the same person. ;)

Producer-Paul

Quote from: jazmunda on February 06, 2014, 09:33:27 PM
They could still be the same person. ;)
You mean like "Dave" and that other character?

jazmunda

Quote from: Paul on February 06, 2014, 09:51:35 PM
You mean like "Dave" and that other character?

Oh no. There's only 1 "Dave" and that's one too many.

DesertFox

Art

Art--glad my faith on you keeping your word on returning is justified.  Hope you use this time to plan your new launch so you can kick some Coast to Coast ass!

Mega Rosewells my man.

DesertFox

--------------

I think it was Jazmunda's fault.

jazmunda

Quote from: DesertFox on February 06, 2014, 10:06:40 PM
I think it was Jazmunda's fault.

Never listened to one broadcast of Wells but I'm happy to take the blame.   8)

Foodlion

Well now that JB Well's is no longer Captain of the Mother Ship, that just leaves Knapp left. Something tells me he's going to jump ship soon.

jazmunda

Art, if you are still reading these posts I would implore you to keep engaging with your fan base during this forced hiatus. You have 5,000 friends on Facebook and  nearly 10,000 followers on there. You should continue to engage this audience and there are other ways you can grow it without violating your NC. Surely you could blog through artbell.com. Daily, Weekly, Bi-Weekly or even Monthly updates of your opinions, thoughts, musing or whatever on any topics will be lapped up by your fans. Social media can be a powerful tool and many of your fans and followers will share or retweet your thoughts thereby reaching a wider audience. Don't be a stranger. You don't want to have to start the rebuild in 2 years time. Use the time you have now. Just my 2 cents.

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on February 06, 2014, 10:19:48 PM
Art, if you are still reading these posts I would implore you to keep engaging with your fan base during this forced hiatus. You have 5,000 friends on Facebook and  nearly 10,000 followers on there. You should continue to engage this audience and there are other ways you can grow it without violating your NC. Surely you could blog through artbell.com. Daily, Weekly, Bi-Weekly or even Monthly updates of your opinions, thoughts, musing or whatever on any topics will be lapped up by your fans. Social media can be a powerful tool and many of your fans and followers will share or retweet your thoughts thereby reaching a wider audience. Don't be a stranger. You don't want to have to start the rebuild in 2 years time. Use the time you have now. Just my 2 cents.
I would only add an additional 2 cents to make up 4 total!! Making it now!!!  :D  :D  - But do this yourself too!, take your time if you wish, or get voice to dictation software if you don't think your hands can handle the typing daily, but it needs to be YOU and YOUR thoughts not something you relay to Keith.  Bless his soul he's good, but a lot of the web stuff and lets just be honest the dark matter memorabilia was shitty quality product that fell apart on a few people.  Take the time to do some better research, don't fall into the John B. Wells problem of having server issues the first night of your show online when you do return.