• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

lightningline

He should have continued..and so would the pirates posting the live stream on the web and it would have grown big time. And he would have been on the web anyhow....he he...boy im evil ...lol...he probably didn't realize the pirates were his ally if he really wanted on the web.

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 21, 2013, 08:48:56 PM
Wow....they must have put a big ass cheque in the mail for that one, Mr. Six....congrats!

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 20, 2013, 01:18:30 AM
Hi folks,

I am new here. First post and all. And....well...I have a theory; could be a conspiracy theory, or it could just be a theory but...well...I do have it so....here goes.

....ahem....

I think Art was set up from the beginning. I mean, think about it....his show is cancelled just after those that signed up for the 30 day free trial had to sign up for real and all that money went to Sirius, they promised all sorts of stuff to Art which turned out to be just a lie, immediately as DM started C2C initiated a war with him and....I have been told by a very reliable source....that Art and his family had been receiving ongoing death threats if he didn't quit the show.

Sounds to me like Art was played and so were we. Sounds to me like C2C and Premier are exactly where they want to be right now. And they are working hard to make it look like Art is just some sort of quitter....I mean really, if anyone can't tell that they have sent out a bunch of hired trolls against Art then they have got to be blind...or stupid. Also, that halloween show was such a set up....I could tell that many of the calls to C2C were plants. And....somehow...Art's calls weren't coming through on his halloween show. Strange, eh? I've worked in the media business for far too long not to be able to recognize the obvious. They played him.

We have got to get Art back on the air.

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 20, 2013, 04:21:53 PM
There were no death threats...

You guys be the judge on this wacko.

RoseGirl

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 08:49:37 PM
Prepare for an onslaught of "Mega Roswells and 51s from BellGab" then. Art won't even last six weeks live streaming from his website if the major sticking point for him is the call rate.

Did I mention that 'cheque in the mail' thing?

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 21, 2013, 08:50:18 PM
You're such a ray of sunshine in the darkness, dude.   ::)  And, yet, I have no room to talk, I know.   :-\

It's a bad situation all around. I'm just being realistic.

PathoJen

Thank you Art. See you in 2 years.  :-*

RoseGirl

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 08:53:12 PM

Uh huh...yep...believe that one. Oh and just for your info, Mr. SixTrolls, everything I said in that previous post is true. And you know it.

Still holding out hope Art will fight the NC.

Heather Wade

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 08:53:12 PM

Sorry, man, my gears are all ground & twisted today.  Peace.  This situation sucks, and RoseGirl is clinically insane... on those points we can agree.

huuuu?  :-\

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 21, 2013, 08:54:53 PM
Uh huh...yep...believe that one. Oh and just for your info, Mr. SixTrolls, everything I said in that previous post is true. And you know it.

I've updated my earlier post with Producer-Paul exposing you for the liar that you are. Have a look.

RoseGirl

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 21, 2013, 08:55:59 PM
Sorry, man, my gears are all ground & twisted today.  Peace.  This situation sucks, and RoseGirl is clinically insane... on those points we can agree.

Fear not, sweetie, it's really just the way the world actually work. Some day you may come to understand it.

HOW ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 08:23:09 PM
I found that to be embarrassing for a 68 year-old man to engage in sour grapes on his way out rather than leave gracefully once he was told no. Acting as though he had bargaining power with Sirius/XM after burning his bridge earlier this month by saying he will not share time with C2C? How arrogant and delusional. I love you, Art. You entertained me for years back in the 90s but because of your actions after leaving Dark Matter, you've left a poor legacy for us to remember you by. If you're back in two years, great, but I doubt we'll be hearing from you again.

I completely agree with everything you are saying. I don't understand why people are giving you such a hard time; it is so clear to me. I adore Art, but I still think he has a seriously overblown ego, and overvalued himself with respect to Sirius. That's the beginning and the end of it.

He should've stayed for his fans while continuing to work behind the scenes to make the technical issues easier for us. If people didn't want to pay because of the streaming drop-outs, they would either leave, or find another device that worked better.  If you are going to bring your entire fan base over to a new technology, it will take at least a year or so for everyone to discover how they want to listen, and what works best for them. No one liked their first computer.

I'm starting to ramble, but I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your words - they are true, they are honest, and they are not filled with hate. One is allowed to love and respect someone and still disagree and be disappointed with their decisions and the personality flaws behind them.

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 21, 2013, 08:55:59 PM

Huuuu.  :(

I wish things turned out differently.

Heather Wade

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 21, 2013, 08:58:21 PM
Fear not, sweetie, it's really just the way the world actually work. Some day you may come to understand it.

>:(  Ward 4 called, they're looking for you. 

ThruTarmac

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 06:33:00 PM
Agreed.

Is there any reason you could not set up a business where you created a paranormal themed network of streaming/podcasts all leading up to your return?

This would build an audience over time culminating in the greatest event since September 16 2013.

It could work. Right?

Yes, it could.

Heather Wade

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 08:59:31 PM
Huuuu.  :(

I wish things turned out differently.

Concur on that as well. 

RoseGirl

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 08:56:40 PM
I've updated my earlier post with Producer-Paul exposing you for the liar that you are. Have a look.

Mr PP said that yes...he did...yep. Can we think of a reason he might say such a thing? Can we???

PathoJen

I'm really surprised Art doesn't have a business attorney. I mean, even before all of this, I would think a big name like Art Bell would have a lawyer.

Quote from: CantFindTVRemote on November 21, 2013, 08:59:10 PM
I completely agree with everything you are saying. I don't understand why people are giving you such a hard time; it is so clear to me. I adore Art, but I still think he has a seriously overblown ego, and overvalued himself with respect to Sirius. That's the beginning and the end of it.

He should've stayed for his fans while continuing to work behind the scenes to make the technical issues easier for us. If people didn't want to pay because of the streaming drop-outs, they would either leave, or find another device that worked better.  If you are going to bring your entire fan base over to a new technology, it will take at least a year or so for everyone to discover how they want to listen, and what works best for them. No one liked their first computer.

I'm starting to ramble, but I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your words - they are true, they are honest, and they are not filled with hate. One is allowed to love and respect someone and still disagree and be disappointed with their decisions and the personality flaws behind them.

Thank you, just calling it like I see it. My words are not coming from a place of hate, just utter disappointment after waiting for ten long years for Art's return. I know that the camp where Art can do no wrong has a problem with some of my posts but I'm a long-time fan that had my satellite receivers ready to go on September 16th for the first episode of Dark Matter, ready to take a ride. It was just shocking how short a ride it turned out to be.   

HaveAccess

What Is To Be Done? Burning Questions Of Our Movement

Perhaps we should look at this differently.....

What do we want too do?

Frankly, because Premcrap pedals the mediocre, they should be made irrelevant in the Marketplace.

By constructing an Alternative.

An Alternative.

Streaming is no doubt the answer. A component should be fee based.

Could we construct one "channel"  and bring together the best "paranormal" interviewers...under one umbrella...
Sell podcasts. License to struggling radio stations.

An Alternative now...
Compete against Premcrap now

The people here are talented, are perceptive.
It is entirely possible and within reach.

And then when Art is free he could come on board?

Planetary Media Corporation....

RoseGirl

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 09:08:17 PM
Thank you, just calling it like I see it. My words aren't not coming from a place of hate, just utter disappointment after waiting for ten long years for Art's return. I know that the camp where Art can do no wrong has a problem with some of my posts but I'm a long-time fan that had my satellite receivers ready to go on September 16th for the first episode of Dark Matter, ready to take a ride. It was just shocking how short a ride it turned out to be.   

oh my.....big cheque for that one. Trying to put the kids through college, are we?

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on November 21, 2013, 11:53:58 AM

Falkie...you shouldn't  feel like you have to explain anything to anyone, especially nut jobs who come here solely for their own enjoyment and break balls just to say they're sorry...until they get you to open up like you just did and break your balls some more and twist the knife again...fuck them pally...ignore them...not worth the effort of  an explanation .
Btw...is your car able to run...can you drive it?

Why not try minding your own business dummy? I was being nice to the guy.

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 21, 2013, 09:03:16 PM
Mr PP said that yes...he did...yep. Can we think of a reason he might say such a thing? Can we???

Perhaps because you were lying and Producer-Paul wanted to correct the record? Yeah, I'm going to go with that one.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: HaveAccess on November 21, 2013, 09:09:01 PM
What Is To Be Done? Burning Questions Of Our Movement

Perhaps we should look at this differently.....

What do we want too do?

Frankly, because Premcrap pedals the mediocre, they should be made irrelevant in the Marketplace.

By constructing an Alternative.

An Alternative.

Streaming is no doubt the answer. A component should be fee based.

Could we construct one "channel"  and bring together the best "paranormal" interviewers...under one umbrella...
Sell podcasts. License to struggling radio stations.

An Alternative now...
Compete against Premcrap now

The people here are talented, are perceptive.
It is entirely possible and within reach.

And then when Art is free he could come on board?

Planetary Media Corporation....

I'll totally Photoshop a pug on any jpg you send me. At your service, yo.

urbie88

Quote from: PathoJen on November 21, 2013, 09:07:37 PM
I'm really surprised Art doesn't have a business attorney. I mean, even before all of this, I would think a big name like Art Bell would have a lawyer.

I know. Even an agent on retainer or some kind of representation. The more I think about it he put as much thought into the radio contract as I put into accepting software terms of service.  :-\ seriously though, great broadcasters don't always make good businessmen.

Well people we waited this long. What's another 2 years?

RoseGirl

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 09:10:43 PM
Perhaps because you were lying and Producer-Paul wanted to correct the record? Yeah, I'm going to go with that one.

Be all you can be, Mr. SixTrolls.

onan

sixweeks you aren't really that insightful. Most of us are well aware of Art's decision and how it affected all listeners. You are more like the guy at the funeral telling everyone you knew a month ago the guy was dying.

Rosegirl, can I see your hooters now?

Quote from: onan on November 21, 2013, 09:13:30 PM
sixweeks you aren't really that insightful. Most of us are well aware of Art's decision and how it affected all listeners. You are more like the guy at the funeral telling everyone you knew a month ago the guy was dying.

Uh, okay?

RoseGirl

Quote from: onan on November 21, 2013, 09:13:30 PM

Rosegirl, can I see your hooters now?

Actually....no....you can't.