• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Nighthawk

I sent "jess" at sirus xm one more tweet to tell them to add one more lost subscriber to their list. Art was right. What a joke they are. I am putting my radio up for sale. I will no longer associate with this company.

Ghost Gab

Mr. Bell,
After reading your last post, you really need to find that guy with his time machine and go back to the end of your Spooky Matter show. Once there, DO NOT say what you said in the last 6 minutes or so. Then on the next Monday, without asking Sirius to waive your 30 day get out of the contract clause, prepare for your Monday night show, but approach Sirius with your independent broadcast deal, while you are still working with them under contract. When they say No, continue with your shows, letting your listening audience grow. Now, please put out that request for the time machine guy, it's the ONLY way to fix this matter, dark as it may be.

morphiaflow

I just received a private message from Art on Facebook in response to what I posted a page or two back here, which I also posted on Facebook. Don't give up hope yet, friends.

JayDee543

Quote from: tastycanadian on November 12, 2013, 05:14:52 PM
Maybe it's just me but I kind of read a lack of caring one way or the other from Mr. Bell. If he got his show back, he would of been happy but it just seems hes just as happy to sit on his ass and do nothing. His posts just seem so nonchalant about it all. like "oh well, signed another no compete, shit happens"
lol

lol it kind of does sound like it "eh, I signed a contract but didn't like it after 6 week - screw it I'll just wait 2 years and try again"

tastycanadian

Quote from: JayDee543 on November 12, 2013, 05:17:07 PM
lol it kind of does sound like it "eh, I signed a contract but didn't like it after 6 week - screw it I'll just wait 2 years and try again"

I tell ya tho, in 2 years if he begins to stream his own show on his website (cuz nobody else is gonna sign this guy) all people will talk about is how long will he last this time?

whatatrip

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 12, 2013, 04:40:56 PM
I think they let him out of his contract, but the non-compete not so much.

If you wanted to protect C2C from competition what better outcome could you get other than a lifetime NC? A breach of contract might have resulted in Art "having" to compete with C2C.

Meanandnasty

Time to close up shop.  Shut the saloon doors.  Alternative radio is dead. R.I.P.

morphiaflow

Art Bell to me on Facebook:

I am considering my legal options

sherry440

Hey, Art--
Keep your website going!

And isn't somehow impressive the intellect, devotion, and humour of your fans?

Finally, I truly get it. I do. I've been in similar situations and have learned that steady and boring wins over brilliantly talented and artistic after a certain point. Like you, I never regretted walking in those instances either. God Bless you all....

rsv777

Hate to say it, but I don't think Noory would give up so easy.

DesertFox

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 12, 2013, 05:19:00 PM

Well, words are cheap--but i'll keep my mind JUST SLIGHTLY ajar for now.  Just slightly.

zeebo

Quote from: PeachBlues on November 12, 2013, 09:16:48 AM
Sirius scared me off 3 years ago.
- took my card three years ago and could not cancel my radio contract until spent hour or more on phone- zero web cancellation options.

Stories like this have discouraged me from signing up.  It sucks since I actually was kinda liking it.  I've been listening to more music than I have in a long time as they actually have some good stuff like Jam On and Deep Tracks.

But the Sirius cancellation routine reminds me too much of when I tried to get my mom off AOL like ten years ago.  They kept transfering me to different agents who would try to convince me to stay etc.  Felt like some kind of forced brainwashing found in a re-education camp. 

I don't mind paying a fair price for a good service.  But I will not tolerate this kind of tactic.  If they don't have a Cancel Now button on their site like Netflix does, screw 'em.

Meanandnasty

Hot Damn!  Kicking up the stall doors.  He reads our thoughts.  That stallion, Mr. Bell, has many more laps to run. 

To make it fair, Mr. Noory will not be handicapped heavily, but still in the race to the wire, Mr. Bell wins in a final run for the finish. 

Afixer

Years ago ... I remember Art giving a "call-out" for a real caldron stirring witch. He got Evelyn Paglini. What a serious set of radio shows that produced. Remember Malachi Martin? Fuckin' riveting. (excuse the expletive). No ... I mean "NO" radio show has even come close!
George ... PA-LEASE!!! Damn Art. You gotta' know it's on your shoulders. Life? It ain't a dress rehearsal. Kick some butt my brother. Work it out and come back!

whatatrip

Quote from: klaatu on November 12, 2013, 04:49:56 PM

Can't blame you. I feel sick over this.  I haven't listened to C2C in ages.  To borrow from Jack Nicholson, "I'd stick needles in my eyes..." before listening to jorch.  Especially now.

Just cancelled SXM (internet connection) with a very pleasant woman (Ruth?).  It went quickly and smoothly, but of course, will study the next CC statement.  I responded to her questioning a reason, citing Art no longer on their air.

Another hero "drops" Sirius the way they dropped  the listeners.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 12, 2013, 04:39:56 PM
I'm not a shill, just calling it like I see it. Check my history of posts before you act like an asshole.

Not being able to provide the promised level of performance for the show and the basic expectation of reliability to the customer is not equivalent to waiving a few days past 30 but not dropping the NC. That's not incredible generosity, it's flagrant incompetence in a world where reliable streaming is the norm for countless radio shows. Not dropping the non-compete is simply providing a service to Premiere Radio to keep Art off the air and unable to compete. That's not generosity either, that's dog eat dog business.

It was a great ride while it lasted Art.....Thanks again for the trip all these years....
Apocalypse Now Intro (The Doors - The End)

I think he would have posted that rather than sending you a private message if he wanted it made public.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Afixer on November 12, 2013, 05:21:57 PM
Years ago ... I remember Art giving a "call-out" for a real caldron stirring witch. He got Evelyn Paglini. What a serious set of radio shows that produced. Remember Malachi Martin? Fuckin' riveting. (excuse the expletive). No ... I mean "NO" radio show has even come close!
George ... PA-LEASE!!! Damn Art. You gotta' know it's on your shoulders. Life? It ain't a dress rehearsal. Kick some butt my brother. Work it out and come back!

Yeah and he said he got ahold of Mad Man again.. and now we won't know what's up with him :(

Heather Wade

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 12, 2013, 05:16:55 PM
I just received a private message from Art on Facebook in response to what I posted a page or two back here, which I also posted on Facebook. Don't give up hope yet, friends.

Thank you for this.  I'm burnin' the Nag Champa until I hear a hard no.

BobGrau

So stop stalking him then!  ;D

alleyrulez

Quote from: HMC on November 12, 2013, 04:57:57 PM
I hope that in 2 years I get another email from MV saying Art is starting a new show.

I hope that the same email gets routed to my "Junk" folder.

because that is exactly what it is.

junk.

Art may never fully understand what kind of damage he has done to his loyal fan base.

or maybe he does know...and just doesn't care.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: alleyrulez on November 12, 2013, 05:25:31 PM
I hope that the same email gets routed to my "Junk" folder.

because that is exactly what it is.

junk.

Art may never fully understand what kind of damage he has done to his loyal fan base.

or maybe he does know...and just doesn't care.

He basically gave us the radio equivalent of blue balls.

Quote from: LAM4:2 on November 12, 2013, 05:25:30 PM
When it's over , is it really over?

Sugar Ray - When It's Over

Good ole Sugar Ray. Last time I saw Mark McGrath, he was guest hosting Entertainment Tonight. LoL  ;D

Kolchak

Honor the NC.

No wait, we'll consider legal options to not honor it.

So much waffling. Does not bode well.

Meanandnasty

Now I get to go close down Facebook!.  Mr. Noory this is NOT the last call.

R.I.P. Ms. Romana with all due respects, but I think something is amiss.  Mr. Bell may have discussed all of these intricate decisions with her before.  Now, that support is not there, to bounce things off of.  I know his current wife is probably a very nice women, but she has not worked in radio.  His fan base may be what he is using to "bounce things off of."  Probably not the most astute thing to do, but it may explain some of the waffling.

For example, he made the decision to not contest the non-compete.  Then, I, along with many other fans are openly supportive to the challenge.  It may give him pause to think about  it and change his mind.