• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

munbeam666

I find it hard to believe that Art doesn't have a lawyer (or lawyers) to deal with this SeriusXM rift.  How good they are is something else...
We also don't know the exact provisions of Art's contract with SeriusXM, it's possible that he may have more leverage than we think to get out of it.
Of course he's not going to tell the exact details of this contract dispute; if I was his lawyer, I would definitely advise that he says very little publicly about this situation

Quote from: Kolchak on November 12, 2013, 01:27:34 PM
I don't understand the logic behind this. SiriusXM builds Art a studio, invests money to have Art as talent, promotes the show...in hopes of chasing him off thee air?

Holy double chin, Batman.

Kolchak

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 12, 2013, 02:44:01 PM
I find it hard to believe that Art doesn't have a lawyer (or lawyers) to deal with this SeriusXM rift.  How good they are is something else...
We also don't know the exact provisions of Art's contract with SeriusXM, it's possible that he may have more leverage than we think to get out of it.
Of course he's not going to tell the exact details of this contract dispute; if I was his lawyer, I would definitely advise that he says very little publicly about this situation

You're forgetting that he's said he'd honor the NC regardless if they don't let him back on.

DanTSX

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 12, 2013, 02:44:01 PM

Maybe Noory can recommend him a lawyer again

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: Kolchak on November 12, 2013, 02:46:08 PM
You're forgetting that he's said he'd honor the NC regardless if they don't let him back on.
And I told my ex-girl friend 20 years ago that I would never date again if she didn't marry me. My 13 year old son of my present significant other is thankful that I didn't keep to that. Sometimes, (often) we say things that aren't particularly well thought out when we are upset and often we see things in a different light when additional information is available (such as the fact that Sirius was either already in talks with Premier or overly eager to replace Art for some time now). 

WhiteCrow

Reality check...
Question: So if SXM doesn't take Art back and lets him stream from his site, what his audience?
Answer:   A thousand loyal BellGab fans.

dan7800

Quote from: WhiteCrow on November 12, 2013, 02:51:02 PM
Reality check...
Question: So if SXM doesn't take Art back and lets him stream from his site, what his audience?

Compared to a thousand BellGab fans and many more listening on Sirius.

DanTSX

Reality check...

Art, nor I wish to hear from Jazmunda every night.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: DanTSX on November 12, 2013, 02:46:14 PM
Maybe Noory can recommend him a lawyer again

He can probably recommend a cheap hotel that's within staggering distance to the Premiere studio for when someone's too drunk after work.

Stan_Holeman

Reality check...

He isn't coming back. It's ova unless he can podcast without breaking his NC clause.

DanTSX

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on November 12, 2013, 02:52:54 PM
He can probably recommend a cheap hotel that's within staggering distance to the Premiere studio for when someone's too drunk after work.
I thought Jorch slept it off in the back of his Audi?

Falkie2013

Quote from: DanTSX on November 12, 2013, 02:35:39 PM
Yes.  As well as everyone responding to jazmunda's 6 Questions.

As the family sits down at the dinner table in Art's dining room and the wee child asks the question :

" Why does this suck different than all other sucks ? "

( Passover reference for all the goyim out there. ).

Kolchak

Quote from: Stan_Holeman on November 12, 2013, 02:53:29 PM
He isn't coming back. It's ova unless he can podcast without breaking his NC clause.

"Multiple people are having problems with the podcast XML feed. The base is gone."

Stan_Holeman

So what's Art's move? I'm sure he's not happy going out as Noory's bitch (not to be misogynistic...this is more of the prison bitch sense of being completely dominated by someone else).

Bonanza Pilot

From Artbell.com:

"We have already identified many ways to bring a LIVE stream to you, it's now just working out the details with SiriusXM."

I know this change from 'waiting on lawyer' to 'it's now just working out the details with SXM' was brought up earlier in the thread, but I am surprised it's not getting more attention.

It means:
1.) Art has finally received a response from SXM.
2.) It was not a flat out 'No, good riddance.'
3.) SXM is open to meeting Art's request in some form or fashion if they are 'just working out the details'.

.....Or it could mean the exact same thing as the first message, but just different verbiage. Who the hell knows, but I do think it's a positive change in tone at the very least.

Nighthawk

This really is a nightmare. We need our leader Art to come back on here and let us know where we are at now. We need some direction.

georgesucks

Well a lot has change. Art quit and george is back on xm on 104. The worm has turn.

Falkie2013

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 12, 2013, 02:45:41 PM
Holy double chin, Batman.

I didn't know Tinfoil Hat had a cat.
Whatever happened to that guy anyway ?

DanTSX

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on November 12, 2013, 02:56:15 PM
From Artbell.com:

"We have already identified many ways to bring a LIVE stream to you, it's now just working out the details with SiriusXM."

I know this change from 'waiting on lawyer' to 'it's now just working out the details with SXM' was brought up earlier in the thread, but I am surprised it's not getting more attention.

It means:
1.) Art has finally received a response from SXM.
2.) It was not a flat out 'No, good riddance.'
3.) SXM is open to meeting Art's request in some form or fashion if they are 'just working out the details'.

.....Or it could mean the exact same thing as the first message, but just different verbiage. Who the hell knows, but I do think it's a positive change in tone at the very least.

To Art's credit. He is very good at hiding everything in plain sight.  Meaning that you should scrutinize every word, as it implies a more complete meaning than a cursory read.  We have been going derpy since C2C showed up on SXM so it's no surprise nobody caught it.

Nighthawk

Quote from: c337pilot on November 12, 2013, 02:58:49 PM
Well a lot has change. Art quit and george is back on xm on 104. The worm has turn.

No, scumbag noory was NEVER on 104.

DanTSX

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 12, 2013, 02:59:00 PM
I didn't know Tinfoil Hat had a cat.
Whatever happened to that guy anyway ?

Dead. Like Hoagland.

Chad Jacobs

Well Glenn Beck might beg to differ  http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2012/03/15/glenn-beck-closes-in-on-the-100-million-mark/ with over 100 million in revenue from his streaming service. Granted he has a radio platform as well from which to build it. When he left Fox News most said that he was finished.  However, Art Bell might start with a 1000 (although I bet the number would start at more like 10000+++), but once he got on I-Tunes, I-Heart Radio, Pandora. Slacker and other(s) that number would quickly become more like (100,000+++) and with consistent quality of the scale that we've already seen for the first six weeks on Sirius he would go beyond a million nightly within a year (keep in mind it would be a world wide customer base).  Combine that with top quality website for paranormal news ( I love www.rense.com , but won't go there because the guy is so anti Jewish) and he would have a very viable venue.  In a year or so bigger players like Cumulus, CBS, ABC et al might make attractive offers to simulcast over AM/FM radio. It wouldn't happen overnight (or it could) but it would almost be inevitable ceteris paribus.

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on November 12, 2013, 02:52:54 PM

I bet Gloria Allred would take the case. That would take this freakshow to dizzying new heights.

[attachimg=1]

Falkie2013

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 12, 2013, 03:00:10 PM
No, scumbag noory was NEVER on 104.

So what channel is the low life on ?
Not that it matters. I'd never give another dime to Sirius except that I will buy some of their stock so I can raise hell AS a stockholder.

Falkie2013

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 12, 2013, 03:03:00 PM
I bet Gloria Allred would take the case. That would take this freakshow to dizzying new heights.

[attachimg=1]

Egad ! Allred and $noory on the same dais. That's double scary.

DanTSX

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on November 12, 2013, 03:02:09 PM
Well Glenn Beck might beg to differ  http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2012/03/15/glenn-beck-closes-in-on-the-100-million-mark/ with over 100 million in revenue from his streaming service. Granted he has a radio platform as well from which to build it. When he left Fox News most said that he was finished.  However, Art Bell might start with a 1000 (although I bet the number would start at more like 10000+++), but once he got on I-Tunes, I-Heart Radio, Pandora. Slacker and other(s) that number would quickly become more like (100,000+++) and with consistent quality of the scale that we've already seen for the first six weeks on Sirius he would go beyond a million nightly within a year (keep in mind it would be a world wide customer base).  Combine that with top quality website for paranormal news ( I love www.rense.com , but won't go there because the guy is so anti Jewish) and he would have a very viable venue.  In a year or so bigger players like Cumulus, CBS, ABC et al might make attractive offers to simulcast over AM/FM radio. It wouldn't happen overnight (or it could) but it would almost be inevitable ceteris
that's because he is a fragile teabagger whore who cries when puppies go to the pound

DanTSX

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 12, 2013, 03:03:00 PM

[attachimg=1]

I bet that woman has a dick

DesertFox

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 12, 2013, 02:57:23 PM
This really is a nightmare. We need our leader Art to come back on here and let us know where we are at now. We need some direction.

I'm afraid Art is going to say I will honor the NC and be vague about afterwards...then Art will drift into what HE wanted--retirement and then he can say it was Premiere's and Sirius's collective fault.

I'd love to be proven wrong on this.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on November 12, 2013, 03:02:09 PM
Well Glenn Beck might beg to differ  http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2012/03/15/glenn-beck-closes-in-on-the-100-million-mark/ with over 100 million in revenue from his streaming service. Granted he has a radio platform as well from which to build it. When he left Fox News most said that he was finished.  However, Art Bell might start with a 1000 (although I bet the number would start at more like 10000+++), but once he got on I-Tunes, I-Heart Radio, Pandora. Slacker and other(s) that number would quickly become more like (100,000+++) and with consistent quality of the scale that we've already seen for the first six weeks on Sirius he would go beyond a million nightly within a year (keep in mind it would be a world wide customer base).  Combine that with top quality website for paranormal news ( I love www.rense.com , but won't go there because the guy is so anti Jewish) and he would have a very viable venue.  In a year or so bigger players like Cumulus, CBS, ABC et al might make attractive offers to simulcast over AM/FM radio. It wouldn't happen overnight (or it could) but it would almost be inevitable ceteris paribus.

But ... as far as I know Beck doesn't have a non compete clause. He was driven off the air by crazed leftist loonies who lied about what he said on his show.
Wouldn't anything Art does on line be considered competition ?