• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: willnodoubt on November 10, 2013, 10:25:12 PM

...I've seen / experienced worse and  I've definitely seen / experienced much better.    For a premium service like this ---- Sirius SHOULD be on the FAR END of the "better" spectrum and they are most definitely not.

And for how long has it been known that Sirius doesn't have exactly the best streaming?  Maybe way prior to July, 2012?

dortmunder

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 10, 2013, 10:28:36 PM
Art and the responsible parties should get together on Jerry Springer.

I can't stop watching that.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 10, 2013, 10:17:27 PM
I didn't listen to Oates. I wasn't about to, so I can't tell you what he said. I DID pay for Noory, I was a coast insider/streamlink member since it was created and dropped it because of the Oates interview. I am not one of the people who posted vulgar photoshops or reveled in disrespect and outright slander. I was, for that period, his most vocal and ardent supporter because I didn't think he was getting a fair shake. Well, here I am, telling you that you that you're being harsh.

Here we are again scarcely a month later and quite a few are here after Art. The theories run rampant, the accusations dripping with bullshit are being thrown, all while Art explains and reexplains every possible detail of what happened and why. It's an airtight explanation, he's not copping out, he's not trying to quit, he's not pulling a fast one. It is exactly as it appears, and SiriusXM wouldn't give the reliability that its customers deserved so Art upped the ante and lost by offering a solution that they didn't take. He offered another one, and they're silent on it. Seems pretty friggen' straightforward to me.

Yet there are people here that apparently don't want to give the few more days needed to know if this a yes or a no. Rather, it's just mudslinging, theories, repeat questions that were already answered, and general bullshit. God damn, let's let it play out before we stroke out and start throwing tomatoes.

I can work with "harsh", did it for 30+ years in the aerospace industry at the highest levels.  Try dealing with the legal/contracting folks at Boeing or the GAO.  Some of the most polite, professional folks you could ever want to meet.  The kind of people who could tell you to go to Hell and make you look forward to the trip.  We were never disrespectful mind you, and it was never personal. 

It is unfortunate you can't accept there are those who do not see your "airtight explanation" take on this thing.  There are probably only a handful of people who really knows the truth, and even they have their side of the story.  I do agree with Art's early comment about sometimes losing when you go "all in".  At best they called his bluff.

iBelieve

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on November 10, 2013, 10:25:53 PM
Yes, Art, if you ever need cut-rate legal advice in a dispute against a huge media corporation, I highly recommend getting it from "us lawyers" on the Internet.

yes, because everybody on this board is a troll that sits in their mom´s basement and could not have gone to law-school. don´t be butt-hurt that art simply does not want to do the show anymore. perhaps his wife is complaining, perhaps its his back or perhaps he´s just too tired to do the show anymore. i dont buy the whole streaming excuse... quit after 6 weeks? camon... my bullshit radar is on.... really high at this point.  art needs to come out and tell everybody the REAL reason he quit.

420desert

I don't understand what conspiracy Richard C was getting at by saying his show was the one chosen for replay the day Art quitired.

DesertFox

Quote from: maren on November 10, 2013, 10:24:51 PM
Bullshit.

Wish it were.   Art had a show then he quit.  All this drama now is just words and claims.

Fly By Night

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 10, 2013, 10:31:36 PM
Dont even think about Bree's getting hurt. I can't handle that and Les Miles still coaching LSU
I'm a Denver fan and my heart stopped when he went down. You know, he's a professional and keeps trying even when things don't go his way

lightningline

Quote from: littlechris on November 10, 2013, 10:11:28 PM
GREAT analogy!!

Id be thankfull and wouldn't hire that landscaper. They brought on themselves by not working with Art when he was given the wrong set of tools for the kind of show he does, nothing more.  Its is them Ignoring him that is perpetuating all this. If the answer is no is it so hard to call and say, NO. I myself never had a problem but there has to be some reason the floor fell out after 30 days. Art went about it a bit dramatic which was wrong but that's just Art. He is a very passionate person. If your legacy was at steak wouldn't you? I say all this respectfuly to you and Art. Lets just hope they let him off the NC. Then we will all know for sure what's what. If I was serius/xm Id let him off only if he shut up about them.

ItsOver

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 10, 2013, 10:31:16 PM
I think the Cowboys are under a non-compete clause, too.

Hahaha.  Most excellent. 

Up All Night

It's poop no matter how it's dropped...

tertiaryimam

Quote from: 420desert on November 10, 2013, 10:34:09 PM
I don't understand what conspiracy Richard C was getting at by saying his show was the one chosen for replay the day Art quitired.

Yeah, me neither.  :'(

Jnthn932

Quote from: Fly By Night on November 10, 2013, 10:34:44 PM
I'm a Denver fan and my heart stopped when he went down. You know, he's a professional and keeps trying even when things don't go his way
Being a Saints fan and also from Louisiana, I too, cringed watching him go down.

dortmunder

Quote from: 420desert on November 10, 2013, 10:34:09 PM

Trying to figure out what Richard Hoagland means when he says just about anything is like trying to make sense out of a Monty Python sketch.

maren

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 10, 2013, 10:32:41 PM
What would you do with a nameless person who lies about us being able to keep our health insurance policies?

Zzzzzzzzzz..

The General

Right or wrong,
Sirius at fault,
Art at fault,
US at fault??

Whatever the hell the situation is...

Dark Matter was awesome.
Art belongs behind the microphone,
And here's to hoping that it happens again soon.
I'm tired of old shows from the 90's.

Scully

Quote from: MikeJ on November 10, 2013, 10:05:50 PM
I still have not cancelled. Anyone else still signed up?  I have been listening to the On Demand, but I think the shows expire in another day or two.

I'm still signed up with Sirius, but I feel silly that I've held out this long just hoping ... I'll call them tomorrow for sure to cancel.  I just got my credit card bill yesterday, and the charge was exactly $14.49, no add-ons, which would have been very acceptable to me.  <sigh>

I was so worried about people trashing the Dark Matter shows because of the guests and because of the technical problems that I left an Art Bell FB group.  I had that queasy feeling that this was a fragile case of eggs they were carelessly bandying about.  Don't know that such things had any effect on Art's actions, but it sure did make me feel justified when the whole show crashed and burned and Art said it was because of all the complaints. 

I haven't done my daily reading tonight (my eyes are getting sore), but I wonder if I'm the only one who has suspected that a lot of the people who dropped their free trial subscriptions so that they could get another free trial helped to create a false reading of "the base" dropping out.  There were lots I know of who were happily going to keep changing email addresses for as long as they could get away with it ... another thing that bothered me. ...   :'(

ItsOver

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 10, 2013, 10:28:36 PM
Art and the responsible parties should get together on Jerry Springer.

And after the Sirius CEOs and Art and Paul are done brawling, Jerry can bring out Dave Noorie from back of the curtain as the surprise mediator.

DesertFox

Quote from: Meanandnasty on November 10, 2013, 10:26:56 PM
I am now on page 105 and reading onward.

Mr. Bell let Mr. Noory keep the crown avatar.  You will always be the King, and he has a crown, too, as Queen of the Paranormal.

One thing that is clear--ART WAS FANTASTIC ON SIRIUS...and why many upset he is gone.  He still has it.

Luke and Cade McNown sighting today.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 10, 2013, 10:32:22 PM
I can work with "harsh", did it for 30+ years in the aerospace industry at the highest levels.  Try dealing with the legal/contracting folks at Boeing or the GAO.  Some of the most polite, professional folks you could ever want to meet.  The kind of people who could tell you to go to Hell and make you look forward to the trip.  We were never disrespectful mind you, and it was never personal. 

It is unfortunate you can't accept there are those who do not see your "airtight explanation" take on this thing.  There are probably only a handful of people who really knows the truth, and even they have their side of the story.  I do agree with Art's early comment about sometimes losing when you go "all in".  At best they called his bluff.

Well, ok, where's the hole in the story?

lightningline

Quote from: DesertFox on November 10, 2013, 10:38:26 PM

One thing that is clear--ART WAS FANTASTIC ON SIRIUS...and why many upset he is gone.  He still has it.

I agree..I listened to every second.....He seemed a bit short and grumpy sometimes. But I still loved it.

Lol saints making. Nfl record of first downs.

Fly By Night

I blame Bush for Art leaving or retiring for the 32nd time

Quote from: Fly By Night on November 10, 2013, 10:42:11 PM

That goes without saying.

Anyone else think we covered just about every angle of this situation in the 300 pages?

Quote from: Fly By Night on November 10, 2013, 10:42:11 PM

I think someone blamed Obama around page 32.