• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Queen

Cyrus smokes joint at MTV Europe awards...

this is what happends when you spend your whole life listening to  this ...

Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2013, 12:58:36 AM
18 hours into 11/11 now and nothing out of the ordinary has happened yet. I even missed 11:11 on my clock so that bummed me out.

Well, perhaps you don't remember how $noory was continually bringing up how he'd see 11-11 everywhere.

Of course, being in Australia all the numbers probably fall off all your clocks which is why you missed it lying on the floor.

Catsmile

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2013, 12:58:36 AM
18 hours into 11/11 now and nothing out of the ordinary has happened yet. I even missed 11:11 on my clock so that bummed me out.

R U from the Future?!
Dang ol' round world theory.

Falkie2013

Quote from: NIN2 on November 11, 2013, 01:00:32 AM

WHO IS this Miley Cyrus idiot and how do we send her back to the hollow earth people ?

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: NIN2 on November 11, 2013, 01:00:32 AM

When she mugged to the camera in that SNL cold open sketch that she "must have been smoking too much...CIGARETTES!" <*WINK**WINK*> that was so cutting edge. Haha. Get it? Cuz she smokes WEEEEEED 

Queen

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 11, 2013, 01:08:47 AM
WHO IS this Miley Cyrus idiot and how do we send her back to the hollow earth people ?

shes the spawn of the achy breaky man  the hollow earth people didn't want either so they spewed them up from jc's pit of sewage now we have to endure

ringthane

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2013, 12:47:17 AM
Has anybody ever had a 402 "Keep Listening" Error?

I just had an error where my Sirius iPhone app said I was logged in on another device and would I like to Keep Listening.

I haven't logged into any other device or my PC since Spooky Matter.

Now I can see why Art quit. Damn you Sirius. Damn you all to hell.

No, Jaz, it's all in your imagination, Sirius streaming is perfect, Art's just a lazy, narcissistic bastard with a bad back.

Bad sarcasm aside, my iPhone streaming was perfect, my home streaming via broadband was wonky. I streamed Bell back in '96 on my 56k.

Awful lot of this goin' on here for 300+ pages: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Again, I'm not going to assume my experience is the norm. Folks had sirius streaming problems pre-DM and post-DM. No idea whether it's isolated or widespread.

eddie dean

Quote from: basswood on November 11, 2013, 12:57:50 AM
It seems to be the consensus he was fake. I have no idea what time he said it was when Art asked him but I seem to remember him giving a time that was half past the hour when it was actually ON the hour, right? India is in a time zone that is UTC+05:30 so it wasn't immediately obvious to me. Art seemed to have figured out the math pretty quick :)

What triggered my BS meter was the guy took too long to answer a very simple and basic question. IDK what time he said it was, nor do I know if Art actually knew the correct time in India. I guess we will never know ;D

AppealPlay

Quote from: Catsmile on November 11, 2013, 01:05:37 AM
R U from the Future?!
Dang ol' round world theory.

Talkin' 'bout that dang ol, suicide doors, man.  Vroom vroom vroom eighty-eight miles puh hour, man.  Dang ol' DeLorean time machine, man.

eddie dean

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 11, 2013, 12:57:10 AM
GIBBSMACK FOR YOU !

WHAP !

I don't know what that means, but I probably deserve it! :D

basswood

Quote from: eddie dean on November 11, 2013, 01:13:52 AM
What triggered my BS meter was the guy took too long to answer a very simple and basic question. IDK what time he said it was, nor do I know if Art actually knew the correct time in India. I guess we will never know ;D

For the rest of my life, that anonymous Indian man who owned no watch will remain in my prayers. {lighting a candle for him now...}  ;)

Jnthn932

Jazmunda, I just checked my Sirius app and the upcoming tab can't even be accessed anymore. Well that sure makes it real.

Nighthawk

Quote from: basswood on November 11, 2013, 12:57:50 AM
It seems to be the consensus he was fake. I have no idea what time he said it was when Art asked him but I seem to remember him giving a time that was half past the hour when it was actually ON the hour, right? India is in a time zone that is UTC+05:30 so it wasn't immediately obvious to me. Art seemed to have figured out the math pretty quick :)

Could be caus Art is a radio op. That is how it is for me. We get used to thinking of and memorizing different time zones pretty quickly. Which direction from here it is earlier, later etc. Where it is light out, where it is dark.

jazmunda

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 11, 2013, 01:24:20 AM
Jazmunda, I just checked my Sirius app and the upcoming tab can't even be accessed anymore. Well that sure makes it real.

You're right.

Half an hour to go of Art Bell on SiriusXM.

Last chance. Wanna Take A Short Ride. :(

georgesucks

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2013, 01:31:11 AM
You're right.

I think that Dark Matter is done at SiriusXM. I hope Art is happy by giving us the middle finger and quitting. He should have handled it better. Oh well, maybe in two years Art will be back on the air and/or the net podcasting. I really do not know of in two years that I would really care to hear him again. He is better then George Noory but with Art's history of quitting, I just don't know anymore. I am sad. :(

Coz

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2013, 01:31:11 AM
You're right.

I just took that same screen shot... beat me too it :(

Scully

Quote from: Sardondi on November 10, 2013, 10:56:41 AM
"Unfair non-compete clause". In what universe? It sure wasn't this one.

Please understand: Art was a grown man negotiating a deal at arm's length. He made the deal; it's what he wanted. Had he not wanted it, or had he thought a non-compete was unfair, the two parties wouldn't have come to an agreement. It's as simple as that. That's why concepts such as "unfair non-compete clause" are just meaningless. You can say the deal was stupid, childish, nonsensical - and all those may have been true. But one thing the deal was not, was unfair.

That's why Art would need a well-trained and licensed attorney at law to argue for him that a 2-yr non-compete clause for a 68 year old man after only 7 weeks of work and no direct planned competition with Sirius in future is unfair and not reasonably intended for the present circumstances. 

Said attorney would make a much better argument than a layperson such as myself, who has only gut intuition and life experience to go on, Counselor.

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: Coz on November 11, 2013, 01:37:38 AM
I just took that same screen shot... beat me too it :(

Merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream. ..  :-\

kingdomofsigh

Maybe there's still a feed of the LV air traffic controllers somewhere? Anything but Dave...

basswood

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 11, 2013, 01:25:30 AM
Could be caus Art is a radio op. That is how it is for me. We get used to thinking of and memorizing different time zones pretty quickly. Which direction from here it is earlier, later etc. Where it is light out, where it is dark.

Indeed, point taken!

jazmunda

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 11, 2013, 01:44:03 AM
307 pages.

My head hurts....

If Art gets out of his Non Compete clause I will volunteer to read this entire thread on artbell.com's stream during the testing phase. Expletives beeped out of course.

kingdomofsigh

I'm tuning in to the tote bag. The romper is cutting out...

Coz

Dear Art,

For a brief period, 6 weeks, it was like my world was complete. Seriously. I had missed you for such a long time. Used to listen to you every night, and had all the stations along regular long distance routes programmed in my car radio so as to not miss a thing.

There is just not a lot of good radio on anymore. And as someone who grew up in Chicago, I know good radio. Some of the best in the USA is (or was) in Chicago.

Art, as a fan, and a fellow ham, I just don't know what to say. For some people, your return was a major event. The return of a beloved ritual... a familiar voice.... interesting subjects.

There have been times that I, and others, have blamed you, Sirius, streaming, or <insert scapegoat here>.

I'm sorry for that.

Regardless of the garbage that has been spewed by myself and others in the thread, it has to be said: You are the best broadcaster I've ever heard. Pure entertainment, good topics, interesting guests, and un screened open lines. It is a deadly combination for a radio show.

So regardless of who played the worst role in this debacle on Sirius. Remember this: If you are breathing, you belong on the air- anything less is a waste of material.

jazmunda

With 8 minutes remaining Sirius haven't bothered to change the header since the last commercial break.