• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Luna

Quote from: Remley on November 05, 2013, 09:01:11 PM

- Noory has nothing but respect and love for Art.
-  He says he will never slam Art because he has too much respect for him.
- Art asked him to stop mentioning him at the end of C2C, so he did.
- He thinks Art jumped the gun on quitting
- He enjoys reading the George Noory Sucks thread
- He doesn't like personal nasty emails mentioning his mother or family
- He offered Art to guest on C2C and talk about his return but Art declined
- When Art's wife was having legal troubles staying in US, George had a St. Louis attorney offer aid to Art for free, which Art ended up not needing.
- He is deeply appreciative of Art's contribution to radio and for creating C2C
Also, the same guests that appear on C2C as well as DM were spaced and not intended to cause conflict. He also takes Tumeric, though not often. (me too) This is basically it.

toastycoasty

Quote from: lonevoice on November 05, 2013, 08:56:56 PM
The same (mostly new)  people who have been camped out here since Thursday, and were obviously disgusted with Art Bell before Dark Matter was ever a glimmer in his eye, will now be camped out here singing Dave's praises.  Count on it.

Yeesh, Count me out.

Afixer

"Welcome to Dreamland ... A program dedicated to an examination of area's in the human experience not easily nor neatly put in a box. Things seen at the edge of vision, awakening a part of the mind as yet not mapped and yet things every bit as real as the air we breathe but don't see ... this is Dreamland".  Thanks Mr. Bell for taking us places we otherwise would have never gone. You don't owe anybody a damn thing ... we owe you. Peace.  Afixer

ZomZom

This Gabcast show is really good. I had no idea this existed.

Sirius should put together an offer.

ItsOver

Quote from: Remley on November 05, 2013, 09:01:11 PM

- He enjoys reading the George Noory Sucks thread

Of course, who doesn't.   Post often, Dave.   ::)

MikeJ

Quote from: Luna on November 05, 2013, 08:53:53 PM
So if Producer Paul said Art may come back if he can stream his show, Everone Send a letter to Sirius XM (Sirius XM Radio Inc.
1221 Avenue of the Americas 36th Floor
New York, NY 10020), call them (212) 584-5100, and sign my petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/artbell/

Good luck with that but count me out...sorry.

Indigo Yeti

Quote from: ZomZom on November 05, 2013, 09:07:41 PM
This Gabcast show is really good. I had no idea this existed.

Sirius should put together an offer.

I agree! Is this a regular thing? 

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Afixer on November 05, 2013, 09:07:21 PM
Thanks Mr. Bell for taking us places we otherwise would have never gone. You don't owe anybody a damn thing ... we owe you. Peace.  Afixer

So what he would he have to do to cross the line for you, and start owing us?

Zenman

Quote from: Bart Ell on November 05, 2013, 07:38:04 PM
Without going into too much detail, there are ways to use the pirating and stream issues to your advantage. I think the model employed by the record companies that survived file sharing would also work for Art. It is just a matter of knowing your enemy and how to make them work for you.

Advice to take to heart. Things change (and quickly, these days). He who adapts survives. And he who creatively uses those changes to his advantage, prospers. Useful advice. Thanks, Bart.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on November 05, 2013, 09:05:07 PM
What a nightmare, LV.  I'm missing the innocent "Days of the Dolphin."

God, me too. Talk about having your schtick stolen by a bunch of johnny-come-latelys. George has ONLY one fan. Me. It ain't possible that there are more.

I just got back from dinner and found out that Jorch just called in to the show.

This is getting so meta, now I'm scared.

phrodo

Quote from: Luna on November 05, 2013, 08:53:53 PM
So if Producer Paul said Art may come back if he can stream his show, Everone Send a letter to Sirius XM (Sirius XM Radio Inc.
1221 Avenue of the Americas 36th Floor
New York, NY 10020), call them (212) 584-5100, and sign my petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/artbell/

I signed your petition again using a different email address... and sent emails... and you didn't even post any more sad but cute pics tonite.  :P

WildCard

[attachimg=1]
Edit- Well anyway it says - "Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

Great call, Spinner. Sorry for callin' ya dude.

dortmunder

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 05, 2013, 09:00:42 PM
I listened to Noory before I got on and basically he gave a short opinion on what he thought about Art's leaving, he also said he doesn't like the personal attack emails that cross the line and attack members of his family ( which I have gotten openly as well ) and how he was specifically asked by Art not to mention his name on Coast on several occasions.
How does Jazmunda so effortlessly get on the phone so easily all over the world ?

I think Jazmunda is really a cancer-stricken billionaire floating around out in orbit.

Luna

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 05, 2013, 08:39:10 PM
I think he would.
Producer-Paul, what if Art's non compete contract was paid? Do you think Art would continue a show elsewhere?

subvortex

Is a gabcast schedule published anywhere on this site?  This is the first time I've listened... it's awesome!

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 05, 2013, 09:13:36 PM
God, me too. Talk about having your schtick stolen by a bunch of johnny-come-latelys. George has ONLY one fan. Me. It ain't possible that there are more.

Yah, the others are just a bunch of "posers," Flipper.  ;D

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Luna on November 05, 2013, 09:15:32 PM
Producer-Paul, what if Art's non compete contract was paid? Do you think Art would continue a show elsewhere?

I'm pretty sure Paul is gone. Are you thinking of kickstarter thing?

Afixer

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 05, 2013, 09:12:19 PM
So what he would he have to do to cross the line for you, and start owing us?

I renewed my Sirius subscription (like a lot of you here) to listen to Art's new show. In life you place your bet and take your chances. Who said life's always fair? I'm sorry to say this website is pretty much a microcosm of what our society has reduced itself to. Petty and self-serving.

toastycoasty

Quote from: phrodo on November 05, 2013, 09:15:01 PM
I signed your petition again using a different email address... and sent emails... and you didn't even post any more sad but cute pics tonite.  :P

Maybe she doesn't want to? I wasn't aware of a signatures-for-photos arrangement? Seriously, you're sounding creepy.

HumanBeing

George just stepped up to the plate and hit a deep shot over the center field wall.
That ball was absolutely crushed
However, he has to 'run' around the bases by being pushed in a wheelbarrow because his balls are that large.

George, by any average listener of Coast To Coast, comes off very well tonight.
I can't see any fault in any thing he said.
He's such a politician. He has his charms ... lol
Who would have thought this would happen? haha

tertiaryimam

Quote from: subvortex on November 05, 2013, 09:15:36 PM
Is a gabcast schedule published anywhere on this site?  This is the first time I've listened... it's awesome!

I'd listen to Noory on gabcast. And dark weekend, for that matter. He should reveal his rituals and pacts, finally, and quit hiding behind his mustached, muppetface.

sydtron

Jesus!! It like we're in a C2C, Dark Matter Bukake film. and were the young willing Japaneese girl.  A fickle mistress, this radio.  I cant wait to download Gabcast.  I really enjoyed the first one!

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 05, 2013, 09:18:17 PM

Who in their right mind would want to give Art money to bail out again?

Luna

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 05, 2013, 09:18:17 PM
I thought he was, I'll just message him. I am mostly curious. I wonder how much a buy out of the non compete would be?

DanTSX

Quote from: subvortex on November 05, 2013, 09:15:36 PM

there has only been one episode before this.

mv has another podcast about IT or something.

Dark Matter is taking over as a topic tonight on the IT show.

WildCard

Thanx for the podcast MV and Curtis. It was cathartic.

Jackstar

Well, that was a great two and a half hours.

Now, can someone pm me a link to the stream? kidding! :)

ItsOver

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 05, 2013, 09:19:55 PM
George just stepped up to the plate and hit a deep shot over the center field wall.
That ball was absolutely crushed
However, he has to 'run' around the bases by being pushed in a wheelbarrow because his balls are that large.

George, by any average listener of Coast To Coast, comes off very well tonight.
I can't see any fault in any thing he said.
He's such a politician. He has his charms ... lol
Who would have thought this would happen? haha

Too bad he still sucks up the airwaves every night.

BillW50

Quote from: Afixer on November 05, 2013, 09:18:56 PM
I'm sorry to say this website is pretty much a microcosm of what our society has reduced itself to. Petty and self-serving.

Talking about Art again I see. Yes, Art doesn't care about anybody except himself. So what else is new? If I were Art and I only had two faithful listeners, you would be damn sure I would be back. But not Art, he could give a rats ass about anybody else. If you had known Art as long as I have, this is no news at all.