• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

maren

Quote from: Remley on November 05, 2013, 08:43:43 PM
Wow, that was pretty ballsy of George.  He sounded authentic in his praise and respect for Art and reasonable.  I'm kind of stunned by that call.

Add me to the list.  Have to tip my hat to Noory -- takes balls to come on the George Noory Sucks show.  Think Art will drop by?  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: DanTSX on November 05, 2013, 08:43:36 PM
Well, Dave doesn't sound half as awkward or thalidomide baby in real life as he does on Coast2Coast.

They had a little blow-bang and pretty much said that Art is a difficult ass, has selective memory, and that he is an okay guy.  Oh and Noory is getting $10M a year until 2020.

Let's see.  Dave gets $10M a year.  That makes sense.  Please shoot me now.

Wow....George coming on the show and saying what he said,  has me real confused now....

CRM 114

Bizarro World.

On a bright note, my wife, after being in a stunned state of denial all day called Sirius and cancelled our subscription, we told them why and they where very nice about refunding us for the unused future portion we paid for. So, no issues with sirius.

shell88

I saw chatters but no chatting too. Logged out to try and fixz it and now can't get anything. This site has slowed down a lot too. It takes a long time to post and go from page to page.

ItsOver

Quote from: whiptrackercracker on November 05, 2013, 08:49:54 PM
Wow....George coming on the show and saying what he said,  has me real confused now....

Not here.  Art may be a no show but Dave Noorie still sucks.

DanTSX

Quote from: ItsOver on November 05, 2013, 08:49:22 PM
Let's see.  Dave gets $10M a year.  That makes sense.  Please shoot me now.

It's between $1M and $10M guaranteed. 

Falkie2013

This is hilarious. MV was talking about streaming issues and my call got cut off and when I tried to call back I got the number doesn't exist.
What a weird week this has been.
I've never managed to get on a podcast before, not even a poker one.
Noory was a class act tonight. Unless he's being totally disingenuous and I don't think its the case here.
Why he can't talk like this when he's on the air is the puzzlement to me.
Sirius told me they take 7-10 days to refund money so even then they must make a small amount in interest on the money people pay.

Luna

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 05, 2013, 08:39:10 PM
I think he would.
So if Producer Paul said Art may come back if he can stream his show, Everone Send a letter to Sirius XM (Sirius XM Radio Inc.
1221 Avenue of the Americas 36th Floor
New York, NY 10020), call them (212) 584-5100, and sign my petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/artbell/

ItsOver

Quote from: DanTSX on November 05, 2013, 08:51:53 PM
It's between $1M and $10M guaranteed.

Freaking Beeyond Beeleef.  And this clown is getting his turkey sandwiches at a convenience mart?  I think I'd be having them catered to my throne every freaking night.

tertiaryimam

Can someone explain to me why you believe the whole technical-issue thing with Sirius is legitimately why Art pulled this?

And, I would say that though Noory sounds stupid, he isn't stupid. At least not in an overt way. He's a very slick and smooth talker when he wants to be, but he's a hollow, shapeless void. He sounds like an idiot on Coast because he doesn't need to sound like anything else to get by. His position is secure. His "big balls" that everyone is speaking about are mainly due to aspects of him which are --- I dare say --- Necronomic.

I missed Noory's call because of computer problems. Can someone transmit a little paragraph or so of what he actually said?

jmolleru

Can someone give a recap of what Noory said? Thanks!

dortmunder

Quote from: jmolleru on November 05, 2013, 08:55:37 PM

He said he doesn't get why Art hates him and that he swears by turmrick enemas.

lonevoice

Quote from: ItsOver on November 05, 2013, 08:51:42 PM
Not here.  Art may be a no show but Dave Noorie still sucks.
The same (mostly new)  people who have been camped out here since Thursday, and were obviously disgusted with Art Bell before Dark Matter was ever a glimmer in his eye, will now be camped out here singing Dave's praises.  Count on it.

Coz

"I like pizza rolls.... burp.... crunch crunch crunch: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOW!!!!!!!"

Jackstar

Quote from: lonevoice on November 05, 2013, 08:56:56 PM
The same (mostly new)  people who have been camped out here since Thursday, and were obviously disgusted with Art Bell before Dark Matter was ever a glimmer in his eye, will now be camped out here singing Dave's praises.  Count on it.
I know, right? It was nice meeting you all.

Good bye.

I was guy before george.

Good old george has brass balls

tertiaryimam

Quote from: ItsOver on November 05, 2013, 08:55:02 PM
Freaking Beeyond Beeleef.  And this clown is getting his turkey sandwiches at a convenience mart?  I think I'd be having them catered to my throne every freaking night.

He probably burns all his money before an effigy of a cuttlefish each morning with Roy Orbison on in the background. He's sinister like that. You heard how much of a puppy dog he can make himself sound. Those are the ones you need to watch out for.

gbneely

Quote from: Luna on November 05, 2013, 08:53:53 PM
So if Producer Paul said Art may come back if he can stream his show, Everone Send a letter to Sirius XM (Sirius XM Radio Inc.
1221 Avenue of the Americas 36th Floor
New York, NY 10020), call them (212) 584-5100, and sign my petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/artbell/

http://youtu.be/KX5jNnDMfxA

maren

I'm new (came on when Art mentioned BellGab) -- is this podcast something regular?  Is that GabCast?  Really liking it.  Nice listening to you guys live. 

Noory basically said if things got physical, he'd beat Art into the ground, take his woman, and raise his kid.

Toomerik powah.

Falkie2013

I listened to Noory before I got on and basically he gave a short opinion on what he thought about Art's leaving, he also said he doesn't like the personal attack emails that cross the line and attack members of his family ( which I have gotten openly as well ) and how he was specifically asked by Art not to mention his name on Coast on several occasions.
How does Jazmunda so effortlessly get on the phone so easily all over the world ?

ItsOver

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 05, 2013, 08:55:06 PM
...He's a very slick and smooth talker when he wants to be, but he's a hollow, shapeless void....

"George gets it." - Art "I Quit" Bell

Sade -- Smooth Operator [[ Official Live Video ]] HD

MrMajestik

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 05, 2013, 08:55:17 PM
I missed Noory's call because of computer problems. Can someone transmit a little paragraph or so of what he actually said?
There will be a download available at some point after the show sometime. But basically George talk about the poaching accusations and why he stopped mentioning Art at the end of coast 2 coast. More importantly George wants to do a full show with MV that will be call in driven.

Desmond

- Noory has nothing but respect and love for Art.
-  He says he will never slam Art because he has too much respect for him.
- Art asked him to stop mentioning him at the end of C2C, so he did.
- He thinks Art jumped the gun on quitting
- He enjoys reading the George Noory Sucks thread
- He doesn't like personal nasty emails mentioning his mother or family
- He offered Art to guest on C2C and talk about his return but Art declined
- When Art's wife was having legal troubles staying in US, George had a St. Louis immigration attorney offer aid to Art for free, which Art ended up not needing.
- He is deeply appreciative of Art's contribution to radio and for creating C2C
- George wants to do a show with MV and take calls from us and answer questions

DanTSX

Quote from: ItsOver on November 05, 2013, 08:55:02 PM

It's the only thing open at 2a.m. or so that will not cause yew to shit yourself all day and night.

Have done it myself many a times having to work late.

Those sandwiches are fresh at 2a.m.  Really good actually if Jorch and I like the same one.

jmolleru

Quote from: Remley on November 05, 2013, 09:01:11 PM

- Noory has nothing but respect and love for Art.
-  He says he will never slam Art because he has too much respect for him.
- Art asked him to stop mentioning him at the end of C2C, so he did.
- He thinks Art jumped the gun on quitting
- He enjoys reading the George Noory Sucks thread
- He doesn't like personal nasty emails mentioning his mother or family
- He offered Art to guest on C2C and talk about his return but Art declined
- When Art's wife was having legal troubles staying in US, George had a St. Louis immigration attorney offer aid to Art for free, which Art ended up not needing.
- He is deeply appreciative of Art's contribution to radio and for creating C2C
- George wants to do a show with MV and take calls from us and answer questions

Thank you!

ItsOver

Quote from: lonevoice on November 05, 2013, 08:56:56 PM

What a nightmare, LV.  I'm missing the innocent "Days of the Dolphin."