• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

George Drooly

Quote from: jazmunda on April 29, 2014, 05:51:03 PMI like hearing these types of shows interspersed between the "paranormal" topics.

Well, sure, but it's not as interesting as health updates and money management shows, nyuck nyuck.

jazmunda

Quote from: George Drooly on April 30, 2014, 12:54:26 AM
Well, sure, but it's not as interesting as health updates and money management shows, nyuck nyuck.

I like me some good old fashioned fear mongering too. The shoutier the better.

bwillard01

Yes, that was a great show Bateman, you were truly missed during your hiatus!

jazmunda

Quote from: bwillard01 on April 30, 2014, 06:19:55 PM
Yes, that was a great show Bateman, you were truly missed during your hiatus court-ordered stint in rehab!

Fixed it for you.

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on April 30, 2014, 06:21:39 PM
Fixed it for you.

Oh good, I was worried maybe he got sent to one of those Noory re-education camps I heard about.  The brainwashed zombies that come out of there can be heard calling in to c2c frequently.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on April 29, 2014, 05:51:03 PM
Fantastic show once again. I like hearing these types of shows interspersed between the "paranormal" topics. I always liked it when Art did these type of shows and it's great that you are doing it too Steve. Thanks.
Thank yeewww. Yeah, I just don't want it to get stale. I have some pretty diverse interests, and I think I can fit some of them in without straying from the "format" too much.

Quote from: bwillard01 on April 30, 2014, 06:19:55 PM
Yes, that was a great show Bateman, you were truly missed during your hiatus!
Thanks! I'm in the process of moving now though, so get ready for a bit of an irregular schedule in the next few weeks too. Blecchh. I don't like being away any more than you guys do.

Quote from: zeebo on April 30, 2014, 06:27:47 PM
Oh good, I was worried maybe he got sent to one of those Noory re-education camps I heard about.  The brainwashed zombies that come out of there can be heard calling in to c2c frequently.
You leave Maryanne Rhinesmith alone.  ;)

New bumper music?

http://youtu.be/GWsXtq0kL7g

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on May 01, 2014, 08:57:48 PM
Thank yeewww. Yeah, I just don't want it to get stale. I have some pretty diverse interests, and I think I can fit some of them in without straying from the "format" too much.
Great show. And I enjoyed also a self-deprecating guest who admitted (publisher likes the undercover stuff but most stuff was real, normal police work) and an awesome subject. Art theft is an interesting subject especially with regard to the, possible, problems of dealers, auction houses, museums, and even experts being involved and the other issues of provenance, original ownership, etc. And the insurance valuations involved. Also such an odd thing, intrinsically or aesthetically, of how "value" can be assessed for an art work and all the stories/rumors of super-rich people, who buy up a famous piece but can't be shown so only viewed by themselves in some vault. Creepy. And, worse, stuff maybe destroyed in attempts to hide or get away. But art stories and theft are always interesting, like a "garage sale" find of a famous painting or like the odd vaults or attics found post-WWII of art hordes. And so many missing famous paintings still somewhere and sadly lacking security in private holdings or minor museums. Keep up the good work for good radio and interesting subjects!!

Quote from: bateman on May 01, 2014, 08:57:48 PM

Thanks! I'm in the process of moving now though, so get ready for a bit of an irregular schedule in the next few weeks too. Blecchh. I don't like being away any more than you guys do.
Moving as in around the block moving or are you moving far from the NY/NJ area?

Chine

I haven't been on here in months. Steve, I messaged this to you on Facebook yet as you're here often, will share here. Friend sent me this as they know my love for Christian Bale/ Patrick Bateman ... and .. Spaghetti. Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/gallery/9qsBNjj

George Drooly

Nigga where da new shows at?!

Juan

Did he even get to 23?

He's winding down, folks.

bateman

New show tonight - not sure if Keith can get it on DMRN in time, but I'll post the Soundcloud link here as soon as it's done uploading.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on May 25, 2014, 05:01:33 PM
New show tonight - not sure if Keith can get it on DMRN in time, but I'll post the Soundcloud link here as soon as it's done uploading.
Thanks! Finally a new show! Yeahh!

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on May 25, 2014, 05:18:59 PM
aaaaand, it's up: https://soundcloud.com/dark-weekend/rampage-killer-elliot-rodger-discussed-peter-davenports-ufo-update
Thanks! BTW no download available, only online streaming? Or is that option later after it is not a new show? Just curious, there is a work around, but lots easier when one can just hit the download button and put the mp3 on one's phone to listen to.

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on May 25, 2014, 05:35:11 PM
Thanks! BTW no download available, only online streaming? Or is that option later after it is not a new show? Just curious, there is a work around, but lots easier when one can just hit the download button and put the mp3 on one's phone to listen to.

My bad, just fixed it.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on May 25, 2014, 05:37:55 PM
My bad, just fixed it.
appreciate it. Keep up the good work!

b_dubb

Animals with shoes. I know a Young Earth Creationist that is really butthurt over this one. You made that poor YEC cry. Who the fuck are you? Charles Darwin?

Good to hear your show again. Also I roll commando. But maybe I'll have to check out Mucklestone banana hammocks.

Pro tip: don't do an underwear ad right before you do a story about fireballs.

Jackstar

I haven't listened to Dark Weekend since the first show with Peter Davenport, not because it isn't awesome, because it is, I have just been busy.

So I turn it on today when I have time, and it's... Peter Davenport again. Well, at least I am getting consistent, quality product.

George Drooly

Listened to the Bob Wittman show -- good stuff. I do wish you had managed to ask him two specific questions:

1. Did he ever see Frankenheimer's The Train, haha.

2. On a more serious note, while you were speculating if stolen art is in a warehouse or on a mansion wall somewhere, I would have liked to have heard his opinion about the possibility of the art simply being destroyed, either by ignorance or intention. How much stolen art meets that fate, in his opinion?

Good show last night, Bateman. I don't know why Peter Davenport turns some people off, maybe because he's got that cranky old man 'get off my lawn you kids' attitude about prank calls, but he's interesting, and he has an amazing wealth of knowledge about sightings all over the US that we never hear about, like the fireballs. Your intro about Elliot Rodgers was spot on.

Great new show. Please let this be the start of a news brief at the beginning of the show :)
Also congratulations on being picked up for airplay too!

Jackstar

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on May 26, 2014, 06:44:56 AM
Good show last night, Bateman. I don't know why Peter Davenport turns some people off

Let me be clear: I love Peter Davenport. Bateman, ehhh, he's okay.

bateman

Quote from: b_dubb on May 25, 2014, 11:26:04 PM
Animals with shoes. I know a Young Earth Creationist that is really butthurt over this one. You made that poor YEC cry. Who the fuck are you? Charles Darwin?

Good to hear your show again. Also I roll commando. But maybe I'll have to check out Mucklestone banana hammocks.

Pro tip: don't do an underwear ad right before you do a story about fireballs.

albrecht

Only half-way through the show but thought your comments on the latest freak mass murder was pretty spot-on. Question on Davenport I wanted to say now in case I forget to: next time you have him on could you ask about his background? I've always been curious if he was related to the famous "Davenports" of the area. Founder of Davenport, Wa. Or the other Davenport of the grand -and really amazing- historic Davenport Hotel in Spokane, Washington. I know the UFO Center moved from Seattle to an area near Davenport, WA so wondered if he was a relation or a part of that family or just random coincidence. (As Snorry would say there are none but it could be because a common name with lots of famous people.) Just curious. Maybe even ask him off-line during show prep (maybe he doesn't want public to know) and see if he'd address that.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on May 26, 2014, 06:44:56 AM
Good show last night, Bateman. I don't know why Peter Davenport turns some people off, maybe because he's got that cranky old man 'get off my lawn you kids' attitude about prank calls, but he's interesting, and he has an amazing wealth of knowledge about sightings all over the US that we never hear about, like the fireballs. Your intro about Elliot Rodgers was spot on.

Peter does seem to be getting a bit crotchety these days lol. Great show though, both the opening segment and Davenport. I still completely disagree that the DefCon level was raised regarding Phoenix lights. Absolutely nothing of the sort happened that night.