• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 21, 2016, 11:30:43 AM
You've just been spoiled by the creamy softness of Yorkie's perky moobs, Gunny.  And I wish you wouldn't be so rough with the lad, because it leaves him too sore and exhausted to be of any use to the rest of us.  ;)

Where the hell is Yorkie, anyway?

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 20, 2016, 04:22:45 PM
My biggest disappointment with Batemen was when he brought up the early phone call when Heather had called him as a friend seeking advice. The contents of that call were not related and he used what should have remained a personal conversation to beat Heather up. That part, to me, showed a lack of good judgement. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. I had picked several other words before I settled on lack of good judgement.

Yeah, maybe.  But that kinda shit happens in the heat of the moment.  Was it relevant?  Not sure.  I can't speak for Bateman (only about him and his habit of feeding and adopting stray children and giving balloons to animals) but it sounded like he was just laying out that he and HW had been friends and he had attempted to assist.  That's all I really took out of it.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 21, 2016, 11:33:38 AM

Spending a few painful days on his stomach after his last vigorous sorting out.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 21, 2016, 11:33:38 AM

He is gone till the end of the month, so he told me. We being bestest buds and all. Didn't he tell you? Shame, but then you don't have the accent like wot I has.

Quote from: pyewacket on January 21, 2016, 11:26:02 AM
Don't let him fool you- he made me write 'Sredni' 1000 times on the blackboard while listening to Gilbert and Sullivan's The Pirates of Penzance or, The Slave of Duty playing over and over as he paced the room brandishing a rather lethal looking pointer.

Sredni would sing along with the opera and his rendition of The Major General still haunts me.  :'(
OMG LMAO   i had to do it 2000 x on the blackboard   

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 21, 2016, 11:36:41 AM
OMG LMAO   i had to do it 2000 x on the blackboard
Hahahahahaha. You got screwed.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 21, 2016, 11:35:17 AM
He is gone till the end of the month, so he told me. We being bestest buds and all. Didn't he tell you? Shame, but then you don't have the accent like wot I has.

hey  just to let you know  and i can only speak for myself because non of us knew bateman or heather were going to be on  so we couldn't have a census of questions -i did think of asking some of questions you posted but decided thats not the type of attack demeaning question radio /podcast i would want to be involved in.   

pyewacket

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 21, 2016, 09:44:28 AM
Well let me make a woo woo prediction here, she isn't going to answer any of them. LOL. And blow you all off for a rambling caller who talks about some ghost, big foot, etc in their back yard.

So the real angle here is to be that random caller ;D

I agree, PBS. I also see this from another angle, being the negative Nelly that I am, wouldn't this be exactly what they want? They have set us up as the 'bad guys' and what better way to prove their point than to have us trolls call in? They can play the victim and gain more sympathy and support from what is left of their fan base.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 21, 2016, 11:35:17 AM

End of the month?  That must have been a right thorough rogering!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 21, 2016, 11:41:54 AM
hey  just to let you know  and i can only speak for myself because non of us knew bateman or heather were going to be on  so we couldn't have a census of questions -i did think of asking some of questions you posted but decided thats not the type of radio /podcast i would want to be involved in.

Should have stuck to the show notes.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 21, 2016, 11:44:22 AM
Should have stuck to the show notes.

+100000000     exactly     who wants  FREE FORM RADIO     right  ?     hahahahahahahahah

paladin1991

Quote from: Dateline on January 20, 2016, 10:41:09 PM
Here is the question I have after the fact.   Who are the people looking for options rather than Heather that caused her to fire her producer and the lash out at Bateman?

Surely it was not Art.  Was it Keith? Who else is discussing this point?  From what I heard it was not just Keith, but others, so who were the others?

The issue I have with that question is, if ART is 'the man' why would he not discuss with HW and tell the 'boys' to stand the fuck down?  It may be Rowlands network, but ART is the show, and thus ultimately the paying end of the network. HW has said it more times than I think she needs to, she is just 'warming the seat.'

Too bad ART isn't talking.  He should read this book, what's it called?  The ART of Talk, it might be interesting to him. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 21, 2016, 11:41:54 AM
hey  just to let you know  and i can only speak for myself because non of us knew bateman or heather were going to be on  so we couldn't have a census of questions -i did think of asking some of questions you posted but decided thats not the type of attack demeaning question radio /podcast interesting show i would want to be involved in.

I think you can ask those questions in a charming way, you don't have to beat her over the head with them. She explicitly said she wanted to be asked hard questions, so why didn't you take her up on the offer? You don't have to word them as bluntly as I put them either, but they are questions that people would like to hear answered (or, at the very least, hear her reaction when they were asked), but we didn't get the chance. I thought you lot from NY were supposed to be tough and all. Why does it take some gay-sounding guy from across the pond to tell you where your balls are located?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 21, 2016, 11:46:31 AM
+100000000     exactly     who wants  FREE FORM RADIO     right  ?     hahahahahahahahah

But nooooo "I'm the ringer, I know best".

And then themudking... "None of you speak until I ask a softball question, and don't worry I have your mics on mute anyway. So here is the plan, Heather will call in first, and then a guy will yell at his dog, and then Bateman will call in. ".

And Starr... "I want Bateman's autograph, please don't make him mad." 

Should have stuck to the show notes...

paladin1991

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 21, 2016, 09:39:12 AM
Sorry I got interrupted as I posted. What makes anyone think she will answer those questions at all, or give an honest answer?

All I heard was a lot of deflection. It's still Art's show etc. Sorry I'm not buying any of it now. That did nothing to sway me to that side. It was such a wasted opportunity. And then after the fact Art gets on Facebook and posts that he and Heather are done here? That made it even less credible.
Huh.  Never saw that post.  *shrug*  Anybody got that?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 21, 2016, 11:50:30 AM
I think you can ask those questions in a charming way, you don't have to beat her over the head with them. She explicitly said she wanted to be asked hard questions, so why didn't you take her up on the offer? You don't have to word them as bluntly as I put them either, but they are questions that people would like to hear answered (or, at the very least, hear her reaction when they were asked), but we didn't get the chance. I thought you lot from NY were supposed to be tough and all. Why does it take some gay-sounding guy from across the pond to tell you where your balls are located?

Because it is easier to find your balls if you are sitting up straight.

Jackstar

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 21, 2016, 11:52:35 AM
Huh.  Never saw that post.  *shrug*  Anybody got that?

Like 100%. Regret to inform.

paladin1991

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 21, 2016, 11:20:29 AM
You're doing it wrong. You think about a woman's breasts. Geez.  ;)

Thanks PBS, shoot me another PM photo of yours.  I licked a dent in the screen fm the last pic.  I hope to even out the screen by the end of the day.

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 21, 2016, 11:52:00 AM
And then themudking... "None of you speak until I ask a softball question, and don't worry I have your mics on mute anyway. So here is the plan, Heather will call in first, and then a guy will yell at his dog, and then Bateman will call in. ".

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything. Didn't think I had to.

Curtis is getting better by the week!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 21, 2016, 11:50:30 AM

cool   but i said i thought  clearly enough here it is again   ---------I  decided thats not the type of attack demeaning question radio /podcast i would want to be involved in.   its pretty  simple   the  I  as in me     
but please i don't appreciate someone asking me where my balls are   come on   thats that attack demeaning questions you like to ask    please call her open lines  and have at it - i'll listen 

Value Of Pi

Quote from: pyewacket on January 21, 2016, 11:43:03 AM
I agree, PBS. I also see this from another angle, being the negative Nelly that I am, wouldn't this be exactly what they want? They have set us up as the 'bad guys' and what better way to prove their point than to have us trolls call in? They can play the victim and gain more sympathy and support from what is left of their fan base.

I like the way you think, possibly because I think the same way. I said earlier that it would be necessary to prepare for this eventuality. How?

Sredni's suggestion is: "I think you can ask those questions in a charming way, you don't have to beat her over the head with them."

My suggestion is to take Sredni's suggestion. Also, don't identify yourselves as BGers as some have suggested. There's no upside there, only downside.

You want to come off as asking a reasonable question that genuinely concerns you for a good reason relating to the future of the show and the concerns of listeners -- and be prepared to state that reason if necessary. This should not be hard because it will be true. It just requires some pre-thinking.

Beyond all this, don't push. When she evades or BS's, better to show confusion over her answer than frustration and hostility. Remember, you're the good listener, she's the bad host. Keep it friendly-sounding and polite on your end.

This is basically a weak but noble attempt to get answers and/or get the show back on track. You are representing the thousands of listeners who have now abandoned MITD for greener pastures (which sometimes just involves going outside and walking around). Go forth and seek the truth.

BTW, as to operational security, this is like a good running game in football. The defense can know exactly where and when you're going to run and still be unable to stop you.

pyewacket

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 21, 2016, 12:46:12 PM
I like the way you think, possibly because I think the same way. I said earlier that it would be necessary to prepare for this eventuality. How?

Sredni's suggestion is: "I think you can ask those questions in a charming way, you don't have to beat her over the head with them."

My suggestion is to take Sredni's suggestion. Also, don't identify yourselves as BGers as some have suggested. There's no upside there, only downside.

You want to come off as asking a reasonable question that genuinely concerns you for a good reason relating to the future of the show and the concerns of listeners -- and be prepared to state that reason if necessary. This should not be hard because it will be true. It just requires some pre-thinking.

Beyond all this, don't push. When she evades or BS's, better to show confusion over her answer than frustration and hostility. Remember, you're the good listener, she's the bad host. Keep it friendly-sounding and polite on your end.

This is basically a weak but noble attempt to get answers and/or get the show back on track. You are representing the thousands of listeners who have now abandoned MITD for greener pastures (which sometimes just involves going outside and walking around). Go forth and seek the truth.

BTW, as to operational security, this is like a good running game in football. The defense can know exactly where and when you're going to run and still be unable to stop you.

VOP- you outlined this better than I could have. I agree with your strategy 100%. If their FB pages accurately represent the quality of the fan hive mind- no wonder they're mining BG for gold. Which we have in abundance. Haven't we been described as "some of the smartest and most talented people on the net"? Of course that was then, but we still have our uses.  ::)

GravitySucks

Quote from: pyewacket on January 21, 2016, 01:20:17 PM
VOP- you outlined this better than I could have. I agree with your strategy 100%. If their FB pages accurately represent the quality of the fan hive mind- no wonder they're mining BG for gold. Which we have in abundance. Haven't we been described as "some of the smartest and most talented people on the net"? Of course that was then, but we still have our uses.  ::)

I think we should DEMAND a dedicated BellGab open line.

MITDBG

ponyboysunset

Dug one up to support you.

Quote from: Art Bell on December 11, 2015, 10:39:45 PM
So I want to thank all the Bell Gab members who have helped in so many ways getting this show off the ground, my heart will always be with you in every way.

Again a special thanks to everybody on this special place.

Art
Ah, this was just a few short months ago.

This forum is chock full of intelligent, creative and awesome posters and I am not just saying that because I post here. I may not agree with a lot of other posters' positions on certain matters, but if we all agreed on everything and were Minnesota nice, this is what reading here would look like:

3OctaveFart

Bell was one of the less intelligent posters on the site. Or his posts always read that way.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Meatie Pie on January 21, 2016, 01:41:17 PM
Bell was one of the less intelligent posters on the site. Or his posts always read that way.
I edited for what I needed to support that and cut out the rambling. lol.

Quote from: Meatie Pie on January 21, 2016, 01:41:17 PM

The Art Bell thread was usually one of the dullest.  Not anymore