• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Element 115

Quote from: trostol on January 17, 2016, 03:37:58 PM
that does look..tasty..but i'd replace the sausages with bacon..a never ending pile of bacon

http://youtu.be/nAThbWtXUSw

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Sehnzeleid on January 17, 2016, 03:49:26 PM
Find it funny the host of a show that constantly advocated outsider thought would get pissy over his fans applying the same to him. How dare us.
In the halcyon early days of MITD, while he still was poking jabs at Noory (and turmeric), Bell gave many props to BG, but while saying that visitors should look out because "...they can be brutal"

Chronaut

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 17, 2016, 02:12:45 PM
You know, if you posted this kind of plea for decency in the George sucks thread, or the Falkie thread, I might buy a bit of what you are peddling.  If you had the guts to go after (Redacted) for some of the things she posted about Noory, for instance.  But nope, it only seems to matter when Art is the victim - everyone else is fair game, but Art needs his balls gently cupped or he can't broadcast anymore?  Gimme a fucking break.

I’ve never even been to the George sucks thread, and I posted one thoughtful comment in the Falkie thread and immediately got sassed by SV so I never bothered with it again.  I recently learned of some snarky old posts by (Redacted) but that stuff didn’t seem germane to the troubling Art/MV dilemma.

I don’t understand why everyone keeps invoking the poor treatment of Noory as some kind of measuring stick.  In the same breath, people keep implying that GN’s treatment has been abysmal and inappropriate…while also suggesting that the same low standard should be acceptable regarding Art.   Which is it?  Are you saying that you’re cool with whatever rotten evisceration GN has been subjected to, or are you saying that everyone deserves better?  You can’t have it both ways.

There’s just been too much over-simplified black-and-white knee-jerk emotionalism around here.  Everyone’s either a villain or a hero lately.  It’s juvenile.  We’re all adults here (well, most of us anyway).  Let’s just accept the fact that we’re all assholes, and move forward.  Everyone has made mistakes in recent weeks:  Art, MV, me, you.  Trying to figure out whose culpability is greater than the other’s is pointless.

When all this shit finally blows over, the fact will remain that if Art and MV were to sit down and split a bottle of Scotch together, they’d both be apologizing and hugging each other by the end of the night.  And that’s a good thing.  Because we all may be flawed assholes, but the important thing is to rise above it once in awhile.

Value Of Pi

And look what ad now shows up on my screen. All you trollish types have brought this plague upon us. Or maybe the lawyers would have shown up here anyway. Blood in the water.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 17, 2016, 04:23:51 PM
And look what ad now shows up on my screen. All you trollish types have brought this plague upon us. Or maybe the lawyers would have shown up here anyway. Blood in the water.

I get a Carnival Cruise ad with a bunch of half naked people frolicking about.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 17, 2016, 04:29:50 PM
And all I get is Chevy trucks... Who stole all the Arab Single Dating site ones?  They must have tracked me to all the bacon in Bella-Haven.

Element 115

Nice, wish I were there instead of under a foot of snow.

Value Of Pi

Food poisoning. Yummy. I doubt they're frolicking.

Gruntled

I'm getting a lot of "Ukrainian Girls" ads.

Hmm :D

starrmtn001

I got World Warships video game.   ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: Gruntled on January 17, 2016, 04:39:37 PM

Time to clear your cache and cookies and if you have an I device, reset your advertising identifier.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Gruntled on January 17, 2016, 04:39:37 PM

Now I have Screamin' Sicilian Pizza.  Now, that's just creepy. :o

chefist

Amazing how you can go from being a fan to an enemy so quickly... Warped celebrities I tell you...

Danger!UFO

Peace, love and forgiveness.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Chronaut on January 17, 2016, 04:23:05 PM
I’ve never even been to the George sucks thread, and I posted one thoughtful comment in the Falkie thread and immediately got sassed by SV so I never bothered with it again.  I recently learned of some snarky old posts by (Redacted) but that stuff didn’t seem germane to the troubling Art/MV dilemma.

Considering I had IB drugged, married off and raped by Falkie; Sweet Kathy turned into a Seaworld attraction, and Yorkshire Pud becoming Falkie's scantily-clad house-bitch, I consider you got off lightly. Lighten up, you silly old sausage! The (Redacted) posts are germane in the sense that the transition from poacher to gamekeeper can be an awkward one. She took a few shots at someone doing their job, and now she is taking a few licks in turn. What goes around etc...

I don’t understand why everyone keeps invoking the poor treatment of Noory as some kind of measuring stick.  In the same breath, people keep implying that GN’s treatment has been abysmal and inappropriate…while also suggesting that the same low standard should be acceptable regarding Art.   Which is it?  Are you saying that you’re cool with whatever rotten evisceration GN has been subjected to, or are you saying that everyone deserves better?  You can’t have it both ways.

They are two guys doing a more or less equivalent job. The people who were so critical of Noory yet protective of Art tend to defend themselves with a 'yes, but...' response. Meaning that Noory is such a hopeless lemon that any adverse comment is fair game. Fair enough, then let the same apply to Art. He might have built up a store of goodwill by doing good shows in the past, but that doesn't mean he can act any way he likes and we can all lie down and say nothing about it.

There’s just been too much over-simplified black-and-white knee-jerk emotionalism around here.  Everyone’s either a villain or a hero lately.  It’s juvenile.  We’re all adults here (well, most of us anyway).  Let’s just accept the fact that we’re all assholes, and move forward.  Everyone has made mistakes in recent weeks:  Art, MV, me, you.  Trying to figure out whose culpability is greater than the other’s is pointless.

Yes, a lot of it coming from you, who seems to think of Art as a quasi family member rather than a man on the radio who has no connection with your life. Art's chain of passive aggressive bullying tactics have started to wear thin with people. He has got himself in such a bunker mentality now that he seems to be shaping up as a kind of Leo Ashcraft tribute act.

When all this shit finally blows over, the fact will remain that if Art and MV were to sit down and split a bottle of Scotch together, they’d both be apologizing and hugging each other by the end of the night.  And that’s a good thing.  Because we all may be flawed assholes, but the important thing is to rise above it once in awhile.

If you'd hung around the Falkie thread a bit longer we might have cured you of this lachrymose balls. You might even have ended up with a sense of humour, although we can't guarantee miracles. MV runs a site, moderated solely by himself, thankfully, which keeps things simple and allows people to speak their minds. Some of that can be unpleasant, but we always have the option of not reading the fucking thing!! Art loves the drama. He is the queen of drama queens. He chooses to load the gun and point it at himself by reading comments about himself and others. He chooses to make a fuss about things which would be quickly forgotten were is not for his fat-headed interventions.

Gruntled

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 17, 2016, 04:43:23 PM
Time to clear your cache and cookies and if you have an I device, reset your advertising identifier.
Now it's Legal Zoom  :o
I swear, no one was home, I hit a few keys-----  :-X

CornyCrow

What about renaming this 'Mediagab'?  This way it survives as technology changes.  My husband could thrill all of you with retellings of the Cod Wars or the Great Tank Battles, as he does me. 

BellBoy

Quote from: chefist on January 17, 2016, 04:43:38 PM
Amazing how you can go from being a fan to an enemy so quickly... Warped celebrities I tell you...

norland2424

Yea we should have a vote/ poll to rename bellgab or at least take down the art parts of the titles.

Cynnie

As much as I love art bell and I want him to return. I totally understand why he's laying low . He's being stalked ! And stalkers aren't known for being very levelheaded , his family is in danger .
And this forum is making me so sad , even if art never came back on air , I still listen to the old shows and I still like to talk about the old shows .
I know the trolls now will just laugh at me . But please , just because you don't give a shit about anything don't shit on what I care about

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 17, 2016, 04:51:22 PM
Considering I had IB drugged, married off and raped by Falkie; Sweet Kathy turned into a Seaworld attraction, and Yorkshire Pud becoming Falkie's scantily-clad house-bitch, I consider you got off lightly. Lighten up, you silly old sausage! The (Redacted) posts are germane in the sense that the transition from poacher to gamekeeper can be an awkward one. She took a few shots at someone doing their job, and now she is taking a few licks in turn. What goes around etc...

They are two guys doing a more or less equivalent job. The people who were so critical of Noory yet protective of Art tend to defend themselves with a 'yes, but...' response. Meaning that Noory is such a hopeless lemon that any adverse comment is fair game. Fair enough, then let the same apply to Art. He might have built up a store of goodwill by doing good shows in the past, but that doesn't mean he can act any way he likes and we can all lie down and say nothing about it.

Yes, a lot of it coming from you, who seems to think of Art as a quasi family member rather than a man on the radio who has no connection with your life. Art's chain of passive aggressive bullying tactics have started to wear thin with people. He has got himself in such a bunker mentality now that he seems to be shaping up as a kind of Leo Ashcraft tribute act.

If you'd hung around the Falkie thread a bit longer we might have cured you of this lachrymose balls. You might even have ended up with a sense of humour, although we can't guarantee miracles. MV runs a site, moderated solely by himself, thankfully, which keeps things simple and allows people to speak their minds. Some of that can be unpleasant, but we always have the option of not reading the fucking thing!! Art loves the drama. He is the queen of drama queens. He chooses to load the gun and point it at himself by reading comments about himself and others. He chooses to make a fuss about things which would be quickly forgotten were is not for his fat-headed interventions.

That's a cruel but brilliant phrase. Very expressive.

Cynnie

Quote from: norland2424 on January 17, 2016, 05:06:30 PM
Yea we should have a vote/ poll to rename bellgab or at least take down the art parts of the titles.
Why? This is an art bell forum for real fans . If you aren't a real fan then go somewhere else

norland2424

Quote from: Cynnie on January 17, 2016, 05:08:38 PM
Why? This is an art bell forum for real fans . If you aren't a real fan then go somewhere else

Didn't you see his Facebook post, his only real fans are on Facebook, he decided to take a giant dump on bellgab and anyone else who had his back.

trostol

Quote from: Cynnie on January 17, 2016, 05:07:35 PM
As much as I love art bell and I want him to return. I totally understand why he's laying low . He's being stalked ! And stalkers aren't known for being very levelheaded , his family is in danger .
And this forum is making me so sad , even if art never came back on air , I still listen to the old shows and I still like to talk about the old shows .
I know the trolls now will just laugh at me . But please , just because you don't give a shit about anything don't shit on what I care about

but he isn't laying low..thats part of the problem

and on top of it..the troll stuff  didn't even start here

trostol

Quote from: Cynnie on January 17, 2016, 05:08:38 PM

sorry but that is an asinine remark..being an Art fan does not mean you have to suck on his nuts...the man is not a god that is above criticism ...he is just a man...an old seemingly going off his rocker man

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Cynnie on January 17, 2016, 05:07:35 PM

You may just be too good for this place, especially now. I would point out, however, that most of the people here who are critical of Art, Heather, or whoever are not trolls. They don't deserve to be put in the same category as DP, long may he not waddle.

chefist

Art Bell:Chicken Little... Discuss...;-)

chefist

Quote from: BellBoy on January 17, 2016, 05:01:14 PM

Pure confusion... But there is a difference between management and talent....for a reason...