• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 17, 2015, 07:12:06 PM
You gotta' love SyFy showing wrestling, Nat Geo's shows about drug dealing, and Hystory with ice road alien truckers. I miss when they showed all Hitler all the time.

There is no better TV than Ice Road Truckers with HotLisa.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: CornyCrow on May 18, 2015, 05:30:02 AM
Hey!  You got something there - SAVED BY THE BELL!  Is that anything useful for Art's new show?

I prefer "For Whom the Bell Tolls."  Noory should be the "test" guest.

Quote from: ONeill on May 18, 2015, 07:31:01 AM
I remember I used to watch History Channel, Discovery Channel and Animal Planet all the time as a teenager. All of them have sadly totally deteriorated.

At least Discovery has "Deadliest Catch" - probably my favorite currently-running show.  I also like "Bering Sea Gold" to some degree.  Thom Beers has created / produced some great shows, and I like Mike Rowe's voiceover work as well.

Now back to Art Bell...

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Open Lines Gerry on May 18, 2015, 11:30:09 AM
I like Mike Rowe's voiceover work as well.

Agreed! No one could take over and say "Back on the Northwestern" quite like he can.

CornyCrow

Quote from: PaulAtreides on May 18, 2015, 10:46:09 AM
I prefer "For Whom the Bell Tolls."  Noory should be the "test" guest.

Great.  We put Dave inside this bell and have a quiz show from incidents in past Art shows.  When we get an answer right, someone hits the bell. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: pyewacket on May 18, 2015, 08:38:13 AM
If we're still looking for a group name - how about Bell's Buds, Bell Bugs of Nye, Bell Cats of Nye, Bell Hounds.

Hounds of Bell?

laserjock

So many of the channels/networks have lost their vision of raison d'etre.  Scifi is no longer all Science Fiction, but wrestling for kiddies.  The Learning Channel has absolutely NO learning content, just some Cosmo Ad crap, History is becoming less and less historic, Discover offers no discoveries, ZDTV/TechTV is now some work of Gentleman's Quarterly Metro Sexual claptrap, the 4 major news channels, even the headline one, offers less and less real news and more and more opinion content, all when the world is fuller of great news stories than ever.  At least some of CNN's non news content is well done, but still, that content is better suited for another channel.  The Green Channel is gone from my provider.  Hallmark is Christian old timer wingnut pablum.  The Food network and the cooking network is all Guy Fairy, only Guy Fairy, 24 hours a day (I hate that idiot with a passion), it's no longer trying to masquerade is a professional chef's education channel, sadly.  It's all gone to crap, like the country, it reveals just how dumb the common populace is.

Remember that great show "Connections"?  Now that was great programming.

Even the big four antenna broadcast networks have gone to crap.  Blue Bloods?  What a hokum show!  Hell, even Saturday Night Live is shit now...

Only PBS and Al Jazeera have any vision for real programming any longer.

ItsOver

"Connections" was fantastic.  I couldn't find the DVDs of the complete collection of "Wings of the Luftwaffe" so I've just locked myself into "Gunsmoke" and "Columbo."  That should get me to July and Art

nika01

Quote from: ItsOver on May 18, 2015, 01:03:27 PM
"Connections" was fantastic.  I couldn't find the DVDs of the complete collection of "Wings of the Luftwaffe" so I've just locked myself into "Gunsmoke" and "Columbo."  That should get me to July and Art
Right with you with Gunsmoke

About TV channels' lack of quality - I could see this coming and got rid of my TV about a decade ago, haven't missed it at all (especially after reading these comments).  Besides, pretty much anything you could ever want in terms of news/entertainment is available online.  That will especially be true as of July. :)

Nick el Ass

I must say that The Walking Dead/Breaking Bad are great shows, but they are hardly and American Movie Classic like AMC claims to be all about. HBO did manage to pull of some fun shows like Eastbound & Down... but for every one like that they have the abomination that is Girls.

zeebo

Quote from: laserjock on May 18, 2015, 12:46:58 PM
...Remember that great show "Connections"?  Now that was great programming....

I think you're speaking of the great James Burke series right?  If so, there's another one that followed which is also cool called The Day the Universe Changed.  And this is actually on-topic, as I feel there are some themes in both shows that would actually make great material for an MITD show (interconnections betwen scientific advancements, culture, and important historical events, etc.)

CornyCrow

Quote from: chefist on May 18, 2015, 12:58:38 PM
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/media/digital/2014/09/05/Al-Jazeera-ridicules-beheading-of-U-S-journalists-as-Hollywood-show-.html

Al Jazeera has a vision all right...

Yes. I guess they think that they've captured all they can from the US tv market because they now seem to be showing their hand.  They have gotten rid of a number of mid management people and replaced them with their own, not as well credentialed, more Sharia-like men.  They started trying to move women out of some positions.  People are quitting. 

The only show I used to watch was Ali Velshi's and now I am no longer watching that.  I think he should jump ship.  Who want's such crazies to be on their resume?   

BobGrau

How much would it cost to get rubber Dave masks made?

Art Bell

We are making real progress with all our technical issues, it's really amazing how close we are getting. This whole project is going to be real fun. A lot of things had to happen to make Midnight in the Desert a reality.

I will sure be depending on all of you who have a proven track record of, how should I put this...flooding information to a target! Getting the word out will be very important.

Art

Nick el Ass

Quote from: BobGrau on May 18, 2015, 03:27:25 PM
How much would it cost to get rubber Dave masks made?

Get a mask with a rat hair stache, and you will have a scary Halloween costume. Maybe add a doll in a gimpsuit to double as Tommmy too.

Quote from: Art Bell on May 18, 2015, 03:30:27 PM
We are making real progress with all our technical issues, it's really amazing how close we are getting. This whole project is going to be real fun. A lot of things had to happen to make Midnight in the Desert a reality.

I will sure be depending on all of you who have a proven track record of, how should I put this...flooding information to a target! Getting the word out will be very important.

Art

I'm ready to unleash a deluge once you give the ok, Art.

PrairieGhost

Art

I have a friend with a news site that gets high traffic. I'm sure he'll gladly be putting that up once the okay is given.

NXOEED

Art

Indeed. I have a plan.

FortRock

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 17, 2015, 11:27:23 PM
Ask FORT ROCK, and maybe he will let you join so you can find out all you need to know about the scorpion army.

THE SCORPION ARMY HAS THE FOLLOWING COMMENTS:

1. ANYBODY CAN JOIN THE SCORPION ARMY, HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE OF DAVE TWINKLETOES TUSH LATELY?
    HOW MUCH VENOM ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE, AND HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO
    HAVE TO HAUL DAVE'S FULL BODY AND SOUL TO FEMA CAMP! FOLKS WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO GET US A
    TOW-TRUCK FOR THE PROJECT!

2. AS TO A LEATHER JACKET, TEE-SHIRT, ENGRAVED BABY DIAPER (FOR BABIES UPSET THEY'LL NO LONGER BE
    HEARD ON BABY MONITORS), OR RICHARD C. HOAGLAND DESIGNED DECODER RING, WE'LL ENDORSE SUCH
    IF THE MONEY IS USED TO PAY THE COSTS OF THE PROGRAM! TO FIELD MARSHALL BELL, YOU USED TO EMPLOY
    A PALE FACED (NEVER WENT OUT IN THE NEVADA SUN) INK SLINGER ACCOUNTANT GUY NAMED ERNIE WHO
    DID ALL OF YOUR BUSINESS STUFF. SEE IF HE'LL THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE THIS SCORPION ARMY
    MERCHANDISE? RUN IT BY HIM! WE'LL FIGURE STUFF OUT LATER!

munbeam666

Quote from: FortRock on May 18, 2015, 04:18:20 PM

1. ANYBODY CAN JOIN THE SCORPION ARMY, HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE OF DAVE TWINKLETOES TUSH LATELY?
    HOW MUCH VENOM ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE, AND HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO
    HAVE TO HAUL DAVE'S FULL BODY AND SOUL TO FEMA CAMP! FOLKS WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO GET US A

2. AS TO A LEATHER JACKET, TEE-SHIRT, ENGRAVED BABY DIAPER (FOR BABIES UPSET THEY'LL NO LONGER BE
    HEARD ON BABY MONITORS), OR RICHARD C. HOAGLAND DESIGNED DECODER RING, WE'LL ENDORSE SUCH
    IF THE MONEY IS USED TO PAY THE COSTS OF THE PROGRAM! TO FIELD MARSHALL BELL, YOU USED TO EMPLOY
    A PALE FACED (NEVER WENT OUT IN THE NEVADA SUN) INK SLINGER ACCOUNTANT GUY NAMED ERNIE WHO
    DID ALL OF YOUR BUSINESS STUFF. SEE IF HE'LL THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE THIS SCORPION ARMY

Can some of us wear Tie-dye?  ;)

Nick el Ass

Quote from: FortRock on May 18, 2015, 04:18:20 PM

Quote from: nbirnes on May 17, 2015, 09:54:49 PM
I'm thinking this is exciting to the Scorpion Army. Maybe someone could explain said army to the newer folks. It's a cool name and would make a great design on a leather jacket. Just thinking aloud. So excited.

There you go. Well... kind of, hehehe. The big question is how long one must serve in order to get a pension, and if we can get free medical care for serving in the Scorpion Army?!?

albrecht

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 18, 2015, 04:46:15 PM

There you go. Well... kind of, hehehe. The big question is how long one must serve in order to get a pension, and if we can get free medical care for serving in the Scorpion Army?!?
Considering the recent biker wars relatively near me I don't think I'll be sporting a Scorpion Army colors right now! Though I'm interested in knowing the patch design. An image of AB in the center, UFO motif?

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on May 18, 2015, 02:37:28 PM
I think you're speaking of the great James Burke series right?  If so, there's another one that followed which is also cool called The Day the Universe Changed.  And this is actually on-topic, as I feel there are some themes in both shows that would actually make great material for an MITD show (interconnections betwen scientific advancements, culture, and important historical events, etc.)
Yes, both Burke series were excellent.  TV at it's finest.

There was also a similar series by Jacob Bronowski, "Ascent of Man."  It was quite good, too.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ascent-Man-Dvd-Set/dp/B000NDI3SK

Glad it's coming together, Art.  Hanging out on this thread is like milling around, having a good time, chatting it up with friends, waiting for that mega concert.

Hey, look!  It's Aldous headed this way and he be smok'n something. ;)

serenity

Art

Just say when boss

chinaclipper

awaiting the command to release the hounds (of Bell?)

serenity

Quote from: chinaclipper on May 18, 2015, 05:10:14 PM
awaiting the command to release the hounds (of Bell?)

Who let the dawgs out?

Art

Open Lines Gerry is ready to go and at your service!  I'll be sure to hammer the Coast To Coast AM Twitter feed daily too!