• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

haloedorchid

A lot of employers check you out on Facebook, but if your settings are private, I'm not sure how much information they can get. If those posts from Fort Rock were found just by a name search, he would be screwed.

Quote from: 999 on April 12, 2011, 02:34:16 AM

;D

“John promised you much cargo more than 60 years ago, and none has come,” I point out. “So why do you keep faith with him? Why do you still believe in him?”

Chief Isaac shoots me an amused look. “You Christians have been waiting 2,000 years for Jesus to return to earth,” he says, “and you haven’t given up hope.”

JustOneFix

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 12, 2011, 02:51:51 PM
   That can be a risky proposition, the Slayer/Mercyful Fate/Exodus/Overkill/Candlemass etc shirts I tended to wear between the ages of 14-24, didn't impress the fairer sex all that much. Then I'd open my cynical Irish yap and completely turn them off.  ;D

Mine are Ministry, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Hanzel und Gretyl, KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, Sodom, Kreator, Soulfly, Sepultura, Testament, etc etc.  I collect band shirts and usually grab a couple at each concert in addition to places like Rockabilia, or respective band e-stores. They do add up quick!

I go to alot of country bars around here, as there are no metal or Industrial bars. I tend to stand out in a country bar while sportin an Ozzy shirt. The most common comment I get- "it's nice to see a guy wearing something other than Ed Hardy or Afflicition"

Silent

Quote from: anagrammy on April 12, 2011, 01:15:40 PM
Silent....

No, you're right for sure.

EDDIE:  Point taken and good advice which will not go unheeded .  I guess a good STFU can put things in a different perspecitve sometimes.

Quote from: YNOT on April 12, 2011, 02:56:42 PM
I beg to differ.  Employers can and many do check social networking.  In the course of my career I've interviewed probably around a 100 people.  I know our HR department does some pre and post screening..using outside agencies who specialize in background checks... But then, I'm in Aerospace so we might be more rigorous than some...

Here' one fairly recent article I just googled...
http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article383180.ece

and now it is I who stands corrected! :)

valdez

Quote from: 999 on April 12, 2011, 02:34:16 AM
      [/l]

I love this picture.  There's something very "Apocalypse Now" about it.

...Art retreats even further into the Philippine jungle.  He runs into a tribe that eventually worship him as a god.  Premiere Radio executives are dispatched, by boat along a narrow river, to find him and engage in negotiations...

"...Its about more than a radio show, man.  This is about a
frame of mind, a quantum leap of Cydonian nano particles
whipping across the desert of our alien souls, sparking the
dark matter and super conducting every fiber of thought and
feeling.  He's not gonna sign a contract.  What is a contract?
It's is dead tree in the middle of a highway that ..."

George sucks

aaah haaa... funny stuff. Nice job.

Scully

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 12, 2011, 01:29:55 PM
        But you self righteous moralists tend to be extreme masochists...get over yourself. Your condescending smugness is as funny as Fort Rock(The 40 year old virgin..plus 13) lunacy.

I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley.  Just sayin'.  :(

HumanBeing

Quote from: ourobouros2k2 on April 12, 2011, 06:14:10 AM

If you really want to get your ticket, I highly recommend hamtestonline.com as a study source. I am using it to upgrade to general class license. It really helps. In the tech allotted bandwidth on 10 meters I have made contacts in both Kingston Jamaica and Newfoundland Province, Canada on an inexpensive antenna at 20' (100 watts power). Lots of fun, and the solar cycle is ramping up so there has never been a better time to get into ham radio...

regards,
Andy
eh by  ;D .. I'm a Newfie

Conan O'Brien Screeched In

b_dubb

i was going to post something here but honestly can't tell if it would be helpful or if it might push someone over the edge.  i won't risk it

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on April 12, 2011, 06:52:24 PM
i was going to post something here but honestly can't tell if it would be helpful or if it might push someone over the edge.  i won't risk it
Awwww, come on. Take a chance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Usagi

Quote from: Agent : Orange on April 12, 2011, 12:55:09 AM
I never thought about it before, but my life will never really be complete without a KNYE t-shirt.

I, too, never realized what I was missing.  This is it.  Where do I sign up?!

b_dubb

nah. enough stones have been thrown from behind the soft bunker of the internet

Quote from: Usagi on April 12, 2011, 07:02:37 PM
I, too, never realized what I was missing.  This is it.  Where do I sign up?!

here's the story:

It's been almost a year of back and forth emailing, and as it is i'm waiting to hear back for this summer as a possible arrival date. I did mention to her that we've got enough people to place a group order and make it worth the while.

If you'd like you can PM or email me to state your interest and I'll make sure that one is set aside for each interested coastgabber.

Some waiting will definitely be involved, and I really want "where things go pahrump in the night" or "from the kingdom of KNYE" but with Karen redesigning everything, we will have to see. I think she's really busy right now.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: JustOneFix on April 12, 2011, 03:45:23 PM

I go to alot of country bars around here, as there are no metal or Industrial bars. I tend to stand out in a country bar while sportin an Ozzy shirt. The most common comment I get- "it's nice to see a guy wearing something other than Ed Hardy or Afflicition"

Where I live, the bars tend to be urban "Bucket of Blood" types that you see in movies like "The Departed"...not exactly open-minded and wearing a T-Shirt outside of their frighteningly limited musical knowledge-Bob Seger tends to be their hammerhead soundtrack- makes you reconsider your attire, because anything different to them makes you a "devil-worshipper" or a "fag". That's part of a reason I haven't entered any bar since April, 2000. The only asshole is want to deal with is ME.

haloedorchid

All the bars here are full of hipster in non-prescription eyeglasses, plaid shirts and beards. And they drink Pabst Blue Ribbon to be ironic.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 12, 2011, 09:35:13 PM
All the bars here are full of hipster in non-prescription eyeglasses, plaid shirts and beards. And they drink Pabst Blue Ribbon to be ironic.
reading this makes me want to become a suicide bomber.

b_dubb

@ haloedorchid ... where is 'here'?

haloedorchid

In Portland, OR. Home of the anonymous Sources.

JustOneFix

Eddie-
There's a few of those around here too, but I haven't had any problem in them. I know quite a few of the regulars in most of the bars around here, I used to do a bit of bouncing on the side.

Haloedorchid-

Hipsters get ran out of bars here, in fact I don't know of any bars within a 20 mile radius of my house that serve PBR. Come to think of it Hipsters get tossed out everywhere- or tossed in!  At the final Ministry show I saw in '08 two Hipsters were shoved into the mosh pit, because they were hipsters I guess. We made short work of them. You haven't lived until you've been in a Ministry mosh pit- every Ministry pit I've been in makes other mosh pits look like a sandbox on a preschool playground.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: JustOneFix on April 12, 2011, 10:10:43 PM
Eddie-
There's a few of those around here too, but I haven't had any problem in them. I know quite a few of the regulars in most of the bars around here, I used to do a bit of bouncing on the side.

Haloedorchid-

Hipsters get ran out of bars here, in fact I don't know of any bars within a 20 mile radius of my house that serve PBR. Come to think of it Hipsters get tossed out everywhere- or tossed in!  At the final Ministry show I saw in '08 two Hipsters were shoved into the mosh pit, because they were hipsters I guess. We made short work of them. You haven't lived until you've been in a Ministry mosh pit- every Ministry pit I've been in makes other mosh pits look like a sandbox on a preschool playground.

Ah yes, why I often devolve into misanthropy...hipsters and hammerheads. Opposite poles, but asshats nonetheless. I've never had a problem in terms of a physical confrontation with the hammerheads, but the idiotic queries like "What's a Bathory?" makes my head hurt,talking to someone who views George Throrogood as a paragon of musical skill. Hipsters are just insufferable posers whose insincerity is only matched by their off the chart self-awareness.

JustOneFix

At the rate most of the dimwits go ape around here, they think Lynrd Skynrd only made one song- Freebird.

You'd think that song means everything in life they hold dear. And it probably does. They have a meager existence getting by on piss water beer, Copenhagen, and the requisite Wrangler jeans.

Number one question I get- "Is Ministry a gospel band?" i tell them to pull up the song Psalm 69 on youtube when they get a chance.

awguy

An interesting poll on the c2c website right now:

Which of these options would you like to hear more of on Coast?

- More guests, but with shorter interviews-- i.e. 1-2 hours each
- Prefer current format-- first hour news interview(s), 3 hours main guest
- Longer interviews with a single guest-- i.e. 4 hours.
- More Open Lines, including special themes & hotlines.

They've really been polling their listenership lately. Last week, they posed a question on facebook about the topics you'd like to hear. Things can't be going well if established producers who have been there for years are all of a sudden asking the listeners what to do.

anagrammy

Quote from: awguy on April 12, 2011, 11:05:28 PM

They've really been polling their listenership lately. Last week, they posed a question on facebook about the topics you'd like to hear. Things can't be going well if established producers who have been there for years are all of a sudden asking the listeners what to do.

Couple that with Premiere contacting our very own aldousburbank three months after he dropped streamlink and asking him to be more specific why (more than "the show is an abomination")

Something's going on out there! (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Anagrammy

Yeah, add to that that they've been lurking here anonymously and have even posted similar poll-type questions here on this very forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 12, 2011, 10:04:48 PM
In Portland, OR. Home of the anonymous Sources.

Aww, the Lowbrow ain't that bad.  And $1.00 PBR's can't be beat.  Besides, their are plenty of places in town to get some awesome microbrews, or you head to slabcity, have a cheap beer, and listen to Stiff Little Fingers or the DeadBoys on the jukebox.  Frickin heaven man...

Eddie Coyle

I want to believe the Norry-error, I mean "era" is coming to a close,but...

Last night at 3AM EST(I'm in Boston) I scanned the am dial, starting at 710(WOR in NYC) and going up to 1400am, I picked up C2C on roughly 26 separate stations. And it depressed the Hell out of me.

jinwicked

Quote from: awguy on April 12, 2011, 11:05:28 PM

None of the above: I wrote Lisa Lyon a grumpy email. Oh well, at least I feel better.

ourobouros2k2

I despise open lines under the Noory regime. Art made it work, Noory is just patronizing.

morphiaflow

Jesus. I leave for a week, and look what happens! I left on the "George's Ex Wife" discussion and have now caught up on the sad conclusion (?) to the Fort Rock thread. I'm rather shocked...and stunned...and I don't know what to say. No comment.