• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Juan

Looking at the code, it's at 66.6% now.

WOTR

Quote from: jazmunda on July 29, 2013, 01:23:17 AM
As I live outside the US I am hoping it's a terrestrial radio venture so that I can listen live which I am prevented from doing via satellite radio.
I still have not managed to get excited (I have yet to actually check his site...)  Having said that, if he comes back I do hope it is radio.  I also have to hope that some local station that I can pull in takes the show.  I just want to listen to Art on my old 1937 radio with a 10 inch speaker and not the crappy built in speaker on my laptop...  There is a world of difference and it would really loose something coming over the net and not through the air.

jazmunda

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 29, 2013, 03:51:53 AM
Looking at the code, it's at 66.6% now.

You are correct. It is 66.6%.

How apt is that for Art Bell.

Do you guys remember when the web counter on the artbell.com website was approaching 666,666 and Art was giving away a prize for the 666,666 visitor? What was the prize? Do sites even have web counters anymore?

Ward

wow it moved again, its now past the third exclamation point....closer and closer

jazmunda

Quote from: Ward on July 29, 2013, 04:57:21 AM
wow it moved again, its now past the third exclamation point....closer and closer

Yep. 77.7% now. It looks like an announcement today at this rate.

dungiven

Oh no! And I am leaving for work! ARhhhhhhh

jazmunda

MAXINE NIGHTINGALE - Right Back Where We Started From (1975) - best sound quality

This one is a big ! - meaning that Art will be metaphorically back where he started from.

Ward

I think Art is pulling an all night-er, just to remember this moment ;)

This is like waiting in line at Gamestop for Skyrim to be released......i can't wait!  :)

DesertFox

Woah, it's close now.  My prediction:

The announcement will be between noon and 3 PM today--a fairly early Monday proclamation is a good time to maximize the attention for an announcement with regards to other media outlets.

rangerdavid

so now the artbell.com site links to a Pointer Sisters video, "I'm so excited"!!!

8)

kingotnw

For the record... Cumulus has now freed up 6 hours of air time, daily M-F, by dumping Hannity and Limbaugh.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/rush-hannity-leaving-cumulus-wor-article-1.1411314

It's looking more like the poster who was arguing with me yesterday saying I was wrong when I said that Art Bell is more important and valuable to a station than Limbaugh could very well be wrong, and I could be right! What was his name? GSD?

Thoughts, GSD?  ;D 8)

Also, for those who aren't obsessively watching the bar, it's now at 80%, and a large exclamation mark linking to "Right Back Where We Started From" was also added. It's looking to me, that it's very possible Cumulus was working out contract buy outs of Hannity and Limbaugh and needed their ducks in a row before Art could officially announce his return. The only other thing, if this is true, that would be announced first, is a programming schedule shift which would indicate they were freeing up probable night time air time for Art. I realize this is all speculation on my part, but I feel like this is all now the most likely case.

It looks like an announcement will be coming some time today making Art's return to radio official.

:D

Lastly, it's amazing what Art and Keith have managed to do with a very plain looking website over the last few days. It's very well thought out and impressive.

Quote from: jazmunda on July 29, 2013, 05:13:43 AM

This one is a big ! - meaning that Art will be metaphorically back where he started from.
We are ready for the announcement Art!

The right back where we started hint is it..
This guy is good, very good.
And just look at how simple it was to make a cool website with just text, a black background and white lettering. No blog of Twitter embeds..

We got to get right back to where we started from..
And now this song is stuck in my head. How do I explain whistling this around other adults all day?
Thanks Art.

Ooo and it's alright and it's comin' 'long
We got to get right back to where we started from
Love is good, love can be strong

Oh-ohhhhh
Do you remember that day
(That sunny day)
When you first came my way
I said no one could take your place
And if you get hurt
(If you get hurt)
By the little things I say
I can put that smile back on your face

Ooo and it's alright and it's comin' 'long
Love is good, love can be strong

A love like ours
(A love like ours)
Can never fade away
You know it's only just begun
You give me your love
(Give me your love)
I just can't stay away
I know that you're the only one

I'm not sure Art's style of long interview format will work as well for drive time listeners.  The original C2C would not have been as successful had it been on during the day.  If he's doing a daytime show, maybe the old format is 'been there done that' for him and this will be completely different?

Art is a storyteller, at his best late at night with few other distractions around.  My uneducated guess is he's still going to be on late night / overnight and the Limbaugh/Hannity moves are not done to free those slots for him.  Maybe there are shows currently on late that can be moved into those daytime hours.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 29, 2013, 06:19:30 AM
Does Art's style of long interview format work as well for drive time listeners?  Would the original C2C have been as successful had it been on during the day?  If he's doing a daytime show, maybe the old format is 'been there done that' for him and this will be completely different?

Art is a storyteller, at his best late at night with few other distractions around.  My uneducated guess is he's going to be on late night / overnight and the Limbaugh/Hannity moves are not done to free those slots for him.  Maybe there are shows currently on late that can be moved into those daytime hours.

Day would work better with his schedule family wise.. but I think he yearns for the night, he always said he was a night owl. And his style and format fit long haul truckers better than dinner hour workers..

we will see..
Right back where we started from.. hmm... wasn't he originally day time??

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 29, 2013, 06:27:00 AM
Day would work better with his schedule family wise.. but I think he yearns for the night, he always said he was a night owl. And his style and format fit long haul truckers better than dinner hour workers..

we will see..

If Asia is home from school at 2 or 3 and goes to bed around 9, a late night show seems like it could work just fine for Art and family, especially since he works from home.  He'd be asleep when she got up and got ready for school, I don't think that's a big deal...

jazmunda

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 29, 2013, 06:27:00 AM

we will see..

I was wondering about daytime too. Right back where we started from. Daytime? Politics? Surely not paranormal during the day.

Quote from: jazmunda on July 29, 2013, 06:35:38 AM
I was wondering about daytime too. Right back where we started from. Daytime? Politics?...

To me that doesn't sound like something Art would have been yearning to do for the ten years of his non-compete.  Just to be seen as another blowhard.  Right back where we started from just means Art Bell back as the main host of his own show.  Fingers crossed.

kingotnw

My expectation is they will be making schedule shifts to give Art his standard night time slot. I would be shocked if Art ended up with a drive time schedule. It will be very easy to move things around by sliding people up an hour here and there to free up 4 hours or so at night.

This family thing that keeps coming up... I know Art loves his family, but the ONLY time family things have been an issue is when he was having contract and content issues with Premiere. Art has been a night time guy his entire life. I can relate to that. It's almost impossible to change your schedule away from that. He has said many times over that even when he wasn't on the air, his hours were still the same with being up all night long.

jazmunda

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 29, 2013, 06:39:39 AM

Right back where we started from just means Art Bell back as the main host of his own show.  Fingers crossed.

I hope so.

Right back where we started from might all allude to a terrestrial radio format rather than satellite.

DesertFox

Right back we're WE started from--could that mean where Art owned and conrolled his show pre-Clear Channel?

Quote from: DesertFox on July 29, 2013, 06:44:04 AM
Right back we're WE started from--could that mean where Art owned and conrolled his show pre-Clear Channel?

Whatever it is that he is back to, I hope that we find out today, the wait is killing me and I cannot take another tease on his website

kingotnw

Quote from: jazmunda on July 29, 2013, 06:41:58 AM
I hope so.

Right back where we started from might all allude to a terrestrial radio format rather than satellite.

He renewed his terrestrial radio license in late June last month. It's looking like Cumulus is where he has signed, 99.9999%. I would bet large amounts of money on it. Dumping 6 hours of daily schedule who happen to be very well known and liked radio show hosts without a major player to pick up the slack waiting would be unheard of. I'll be speaking to someone at 9am (about an hour from now) who works for Cumulus and we'll see what he is willing to say.

awguy

Quote from: jazmunda on July 29, 2013, 06:35:38 AM
I was wondering about daytime too. Right back where we started from. Daytime? Politics? Surely not paranormal during the day.

Oh no, I hope Art is not in Hannity's time slot. One of my favorite other radio shows is on at roughly that time. Plus here in Canada, there is no way the show would be picked up. Syndication is not as dominant here. You really only hear network programming in the evening and overnight hours.

Art loved the night time, I don't see him on during the day.

kingotnw

Quote from: DesertFox on July 29, 2013, 06:44:04 AM

Likely, yes. We talked about this yesterday morning, but given that he is using artbell.com for all of this means he outright owns the show he is doing. That's a ton of ad revenue, likely millions of dollars worth, and unless he owns the show, he wouldn't be allowed to use it without it being linked in network, which it is not, at least at this time.

awguy

Quote from: kingotnw on July 29, 2013, 06:48:13 AM
I'll be speaking to someone at 9am (about an hour from now) who works for Cumulus and we'll see what he is willing to say.

Cool. Keep us updated... I know you will anyway.

kingotnw

Quote from: awguy on July 29, 2013, 06:51:40 AM
Cool. Keep us updated... I know you will anyway.

I Can't help myself... I feel like a little kid I am so happy about this... lol

DesertFox

Quote from: kingotnw on July 29, 2013, 06:50:38 AM
Likely, yes. We talked about this yesterday morning, but given that he is using artbell.com for all of this means he outright owns the show he is doing. That's a ton of ad revenue, likely millions of dollars worth, and unless he owns the show, he wouldn't be allowed to use it without it being linked in network, which it is not, at least at this time.

So could that mean Art could syndicate out his presumed show out to various stations Cumulus and not Cumulous?