• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

I've never seen so many people so excited over an animated progress bar.

Shockwave

*Blush.  :)

Quote from: Ravenna on July 29, 2013, 12:36:06 AM
Maybe I'm making it stretch further with my mind.

[attachimg=1]

George Costanza:  "It moved"

DesertFox

Quote from: coaster on July 29, 2013, 12:39:24 AM
I've never seen so many people so excited over an animated progress bar.

Yes it's funny--though it represents an answer we all have wanted for years.

The bar looks like it has moved to about 60 PERCENT right now.

I'm the kind of person who stares at the progress meter of my defrags and adware scanners even knowing they won't be finished for hours.

midnight

QuoteThe bar looks like it has moved to about 60 PERCENT right now.

Yes, I would say at 1:59 a.m. central time, it's definitely 60 PERCENT.

Will this be a satellite radio venture for Art or another terrestrial radio venture?

DesertFox

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 29, 2013, 01:14:24 AM
Will this be a satellite radio venture for Art or another terrestrial radio venture?

You know with Limbaugh and Hannity off Cumulus soon--i'm thinking Cumulus.  Doesn't Hannity air in the evenings?  Regardless Cumulus looks to have a lot of room soon.

There has been much discussion on this.  Inconclusive, so far.

Sardondi

Quote from: midnight on July 29, 2013, 01:00:51 AM
Yes, I would say at 1:59 a.m. central time, it's definitely 60 PERCENT.
Meh, more like 66.7%. So is it looking like sometime Monday evening when we get THE ANNOUNCEMENT?

And we can finally stop all the silliness of projecting.

jazmunda

As I live outside the US I am hoping it's a terrestrial radio venture so that I can listen live which I am prevented from doing via satellite radio.

If it is Satellite radio then I hope at the very least that Art offers a subscription via his website to download mp3s of the latest episodes.

Does anybody know what the rules are in regards to Satellite radio shows allowing that content to be sold on the shows website after it has been broadcast?

God I hope it's on terrestrial radio as I would ideally like to listen live.

It's one thing downloading and listening after the fact but it's a whole different ball game listening live and feeling like you are participating. Going to the website and viewing content as it's uploaded. Whether it be looking at satellite landscapes of Mars and trying to squint and make out the non existent glass domes or tunnels or looking at a"ghost" photo that is clearly smoke or someone's finger or camera strap blurred onto the photo it is a thrill to be there as it happening in real time.

ManiacMatt

Terrestrial radio venture for sure because I don't want to pay to listen to radio. I remember Art saying that Howard Stern switching to satellite radio was a bad idea.  Of course, that was a long time ago.  Maybe Art has different ideas about satellite radio now.

Tray von Gutenberg

Quote from: coaster on July 29, 2013, 12:39:24 AMI've never seen so many people so excited over an animated progress bar.

You are, or course correct. But just to be correct, it's now at 65% as of 0315 EST. ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 29, 2013, 12:47:41 AM
[attachimg=1]

George Costanza:  "It moved"

godammit.  you beat me to it.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 29, 2013, 12:58:38 AM
I'm the kind of person who stares at the progress meter of my defrags and adware scanners even knowing they won't be finished for hours.

Yes!  And the progress map when you have a long flight.  I am mesmerized by the flight progress map!  I'd rather watch that than a movie.

DesertFox

Quote from: Tray von Gutenberg on July 29, 2013, 01:25:36 AM
You are, or course correct. But just to be correct, it's now at 65% as of 0315 EST. ;)

Yes it looks like it's moved up even more...somewhere around 66%.  Monday may be the day.

jazmunda

Quote from: DesertFox on July 29, 2013, 01:27:41 AM

Yes it looks like it's moved up even more...somewhere around 66%.  Monday may be the day.

Yes it is 65% now. You can view the progress in numeric % by viewing the page source and looking for the following code near the bottom of the source code:

Quote<div style="width: 640px; margin: 80px auto;" class="meter animate">
         <span style="width: 65%"><span></span></span>
      </div>

It moved to 55% at 12:03, to 60% at 1:02, and to 65% sometime between 2:00 and 2:30...

It's moving much quicker than before.. back on pace for a Monday announcement.

DesertFox

Quote from: jazmunda on July 29, 2013, 01:31:38 AM
Yes it is 65% now. You can view the progress in numeric % by viewing the page source and looking for the following code near the bottom of the source code:

Thanks.

jazmunda

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 29, 2013, 01:35:43 AM
It moved to 55% at 12:03, to 60% at 1:02, and to 65% sometime between 2:00 and 2:30...

It's moving much quicker than before.. back on pace for a Monday announcement.

That depends as it only seems to move late at night. The progress bar sleeps during the day.

popple

We're almost in the exclamation points!  8)

Ravenna

Quote from: Ravenna on July 29, 2013, 12:36:06 AM
For me, the graph bar is at about the "r" of @ArtBell51.

Anyone else have it that far along?  Maybe I'm making it stretch further with my mind.

Since I posted the above, the progress bar has moved from the "r" to the second "l" of @ArtBell51.  Just sayin.

It's still showing 65%

<span style="width: 65%"><span></span></span>

5 minutes ago, the bar was at 100.  You click on "incoming message!!!" and you are routed to a You Tube of Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat".  Then the bar goes back.

Someone interpret, please!

Quote from: Étouffée on July 29, 2013, 02:24:10 AM
5 minutes ago, the bar was at 100.  You click on "incoming message!!!" and you are routed to a You Tube of Al Stewart's "Year of the Cat".  Then the bar goes back.

Someone interpret, please!

All the letters in Incoming Message link to different clips and music videos related to Art's old shows.  I don't know about the 100% sighting.

coaster

Quote from: Tray von Gutenberg on July 29, 2013, 02:28:50 AM
For those of you who are obsessive-compulsive about this fucking animated bar at Art's website, I've compiled a script that will auto-refresh your browser every five seconds. That should satisfy even the most compulsive among you.

I'm not sure who is more obsessed about an animated bar. The ones checking it's progress or the one who wrote a script to make it easier to check.

Tray von Gutenberg

Quote from: coaster on July 29, 2013, 03:30:17 AMI'm not sure who is more obsessed about an animated bar. The ones checking it's progress or the one who wrote a script to make it easier to check.

Now coaster, you should know better than to assume facts not in evidence.

I wrote this script 4 years ago for myself to serve a specific purpose at the time. I happened to find it on my "gigantic 2GB flashdrive I bought 7-8 years ago for $75."

I spent no time offering it here, other than the 1.5 seconds it took me to upload.