• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Marc knight on July 28, 2013, 09:31:19 PM
Hey Art - can you link the "C" in Incoming to CoastGab?

Can't wipe out Dancing Queen!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on July 28, 2013, 09:32:43 PM
Don't be hard on yerself, Ed, god knows you bein from bean town... ya already are down a leg.

This is true. And puts me on pace to be the next Joe Pyne. Or Mrs Paul McCartney!

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 28, 2013, 09:43:54 PM
   This is true. And puts me on pace to be the next Joe Pyne. Or Mrs Paul McCartney!

I didn't know they were from Boston... everyday I learn something.

ItsOver

First "Elvis" Noory, now "Gene Simmons" Noory?  He'll look "mahvelous" on-stage in a KISS outfit.  ::) 

1964kid

I worked in radio for over 20 years. I know how corporate radio works. I don't like how corporate guys and consultants ruined radio. Radio was about personalities. Though its not like it used to be. It's people like Art who made the difference. I predict he will come back for a 3-hour nightly show, and it will run either 9p-12a or 10p-12a eastern. Then they will replay it immediately after the live airing. This way it won't directly compete (live) with what Art started (Coast). This would also not hurt Art's time with his young dayghter. Now, the question is if Art made a deal with Lew Dickey (Cumulus) or John Malone (Sirius).  Cumulus has major-market stations ready to clear a new late night program. Plus, being on terrestrial radio is the "traditional" way that Art loves. So I would think Art would lean towards Cumulus. But, Art also has embraced new technology in the past so I can also see him liking Sirius. Sirius would give Art almost complete format freedom. They would run few, if any commercials.
I guess we will sit tight and wait. But Art, if you read this, know that I respect your love of family and desire to be with them. Yet, I too miss my radio career (which I think you do also). I think you CAN have both. Especially since you are in the drivers seat. Art, do what makes YOU happy. Most people, like me, will respect that.

ringthane

Know what rocks? Art's gotta be as thrilled as we are.

Few days ago at work I had a mini promotion and I chose a shift none of the other supes wanted, 3:30 to midnight. I was given a look like what the hell are you going to do at night after your shift? I just smiled.

I can't change shifts for at least 6 months, so Art better not be teasing. :)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on July 28, 2013, 09:48:48 PM
I didn't know they were from Boston... everyday I learn something.

Yes, indeed it's true.

*Because I added it to their Wikipedia pages.

popple

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 28, 2013, 09:23:35 PM
Meanwhile in L.A.

I imagine this is a photo from "Special George Time"? They're making pizza roll edible lube these days are they?

Every time I load ArtBell.com I hope and imagine I'll be greeted with "From the high desert, in the great American Southwest, I bid you all good evening or good morning, as the case may be..." as he continues to tell us about his new show  ;D

Well, looks like Cumulus will have some prime spots available if Art is interested:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/rush-hannity-leaving-cumulus-wor-article-1.1411314

rarlsatan

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 28, 2013, 09:56:51 PM
Well, looks like Cumulus will have some prime spots available if Art is interested:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/rush-hannity-leaving-cumulus-wor-article-1.1411314

Interesting. Doesn't Premiere usually make stations air Coast if they want to air Rush? This could mean a lot of stations now have their night slots wide open.

morphiaflow

Quote from: rarlsatan on July 28, 2013, 09:59:56 PM
Interesting. Doesn't Premiere usually make stations air Coast if they want to air Rush? This could mean a lot of stations now have their night slots wide open.

If this is, indeed, the case, and Art is able to exploit it, it will be a major coupe, and the timing couldn't be better. Maybe he knew soemthing...? After all, I've heard someone (can't quite remember who) say repeatedly that there are no coincidences.

popple

I wish I couldn't remember who that person is.

b_dubb

incoming message at 50%.  looks like it'll happen Monday.  wow. 

ItsOver

Quote from: rarlsatan on July 28, 2013, 09:59:56 PM

"I love it when a plan comes together."

onan

Art logged off an hour ago... no message tonight.

Did anyone else PM him? I got nothin.

ItsOver

At least he has a big smile on his face.

bateman

1am status bar update maybe?

Shockwave

It's a little over 50% now... I think.    :)

jerry

looks that way to me too...

Still looks like 50%

<div style="width: 640px; margin: 80px auto;" class="meter animate">
         <span style="width: 50%"><span></span></span>

jerry

it is definitely past 50%... not much.. but it is....

Ah, you're right.

<div style="width: 640px; margin: 80px auto;" class="meter animate">
         <span style="width: 55%"><span></span></span>

I had to clear my cache.

I think now would be the perfect time to play an old favourite, Borgus' parody of George Noory:

http://borgus.com/mp3/borgus-noory.mp3

MV/Liberace!

numerous pages back, someone created an animated gif of the artbell.com message meter reaching 100%, followed by a "george noory sucks" message popping up.  someone else then suggested it would be really funny if this were the entire point of art's recent allusions... you know... just to have that message pop up.  nothing more.

i need to point out that i soiled myself laughing at the thought of this.

pants=brown.

#lessfiberintake

Shockwave

Lol...

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 28, 2013, 11:12:38 PM
I think now would be the perfect time to play an old favourite, Borgus' parody of George Noory:

jerry

that Noory parody is spot on.... its the real Noory   :P

jazmunda

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 28, 2013, 11:12:38 PM

That is brilliant. Thanks for making me laugh. I didn't soil myself but I had a good chuckle.

bateman

Currently on the stream:

Caller: "Is this the real Art Bell?"
Art: "No, this is the fake Art Bell.."
Caller: "Aww man, I've been trying to get through to him for 2 years."
Art: "We'll you'll just have to talk to me."

Spinner

Quote from: S. R. Hadden on July 28, 2013, 05:31:37 AM
Playing out right now on ArtBell.com is a brilliant example of Viral Marketing to his loyal fan base.

It’s important to remember Art’s favorite movie is “Contact” from which the now famous line, “Wanna take a ride?” originated.  As a matter of fact the sequence of events on Art’s website are playing out very much like the movie.

First there was the cryptic message in Morse Code (the alien beacon signal from space).  Then it was changed to a page of text (finding the data signal at twice the beacon frequency).  Then each letter in the text was a hyperlink to YouTube videos (equivalent to discovering the Primer that allowed the construction of the machine that provides the means to “take a ride”).

Although the full message at ArtBell.com isn’t revealed yet there is a sequence in "Contact" that may offer some clues on how it will be done. It plays out like this…

Ellie Arroway (the protagonist in the film played by Jody Foster) comes back to her room and finds an e-mail waiting on her computer. When she opens the mail application the screen displays the following:

INCOMING MESSAGE…

MODE: REALTIME 1A
PATH: UNKNOWN
SEVER IDENTITY: UNKNOWN

Unknown Typing:  “TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER”
Ellie Typing:  “Who are you?”
Unknown: “I’VE GOT A SECRET”

Then a copy of the Primer appears on the screen from the unknown person, which shouldn’t be since this is supposed to be top secret.

Ellie: (Shocked and talking to herself) “What the…?!! Somebody broke in...”
Ellie Typing: “WHO ARE YOU?”

The phone rings and Ellie picks up.

Ellie: “…Hello.”
Faint Voice on Phone: “Dr. Arroway”
Ellie: “Hey I don’t know who you are but you broke into the database and I’m…”
Faint Voice on Phone: Unintelligible
Ellie: “What, now?  …Where?”

At this point the fax machine prints out a map with directions that say, “MEET HERE AT 23:50 HOURS.

And then this happens:

Contact - Talking With Hadden - Finding The Key

So Art is going to reveal “the secret” to us soon, just as Hadden did to Ellie.  Here are quotes from the scene that fit what’s playing out now…

S.R. Hadden: “The powers that be have been very busy lately, falling over each other to position themselves for the game of the millennium.”

One could say the same thing about “the game” between Premiere and Art.

And finally…

S.R. Hadden: “I've had a long time to make enemies, Dr. Arroway.  There are many governments, business interests, even religious leaders who would like to see me disappear. And I will grant them their wish soon enough... But before I do, I wish to make a small contribution -- a final gesture of goodwill toward the people of this little planet who've given -- from whom I've taken so much.”

What better gesture of goodwill could we hope for than a return of Art Bell to the airwaves?

Awesome! You're a genius