• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 16, 2015, 02:19:25 PM
Man, I can't wait to listen to his shows, to hear his version of smack talk. My husband recorded them for shits and giggles, but we haven't listened yet.   ::)

Last night's open lines was amazing.

Element 115

Quote from: Theodora on December 16, 2015, 02:17:49 PM
There was a creepier call than this, from a guy who said he puposely "Moved to Parhump to live near Art". He was very creepy and seemed to intentionally try to intimidate Art. The call was sometime in November-This guy just seems a little too lovey dovey but not too weird or malicious. The other caller creeped me out. I wish I remembered the date or show...

If you can find that call, please let me know the date of the show and approximate time!  Thanks Theodora!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 02:21:29 PM

dammit, i need to hear it ASAP

trostol

Man, I can't wait to listen to his shows, to hear his version of smack talk. My husband recorded them for shits and giggles, but we haven't listened yet.   ::)

if you have them all...the first few weeks..hilarity..then some really fine for the most part interviews on subjects out of his realm up til the beginning of Oct...then total crap and craziness since

Theodora

Quote from: norland2424 on December 16, 2015, 02:19:07 PM
Wasn't it at the end of the show, i remember the guy saying he became arts neighbor then was cut off.

Yes-I think so. I don't remember what show-he was cut off.

Theodora

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 16, 2015, 02:22:20 PM
If you can find that call, please let me know the date of the show and approximate time!  Thanks Theodora!

I will definitely do that.

I don't think the "Moved to Pahrump to be closer to Art" guy is dangerous.

However there was a call awhile back with a caller saying he needed to talk to Art off the air because he had info for him. Art blew him off to which the guy started talking about landmarks near Art's house and where Art lives which sent Art into a rage. Art cut the call off there and was in a rage for the rest of that segment.

Philosopher

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 02:17:45 PM
That's a lie.  I listened to this man come on the air the night after his wife died, and share the entire agonizing experience with us.  I listened to him tell us about his son's unspeakable anguish.

I'm sure you can find plenty of faults with Art Bell if you're determined to dig in the muck.  But one thing he isn't, is a liar.

He's honestly told us what has actually been happening, and why he made his decision.  And if I had an eight-year-old daughter, I would've made the same decision.

Faulting him for this is sickening.  It's like blaming a rape victim.  And you do it over and over and over again, every day.

I think an inclination to healthy skepticism is a good thing.  Art is a public figure and should expect some public questioning or even negative feedback due to his very public decisions and changes.  I fall into YP's category as I am highly skeptical of recent events as portrayed by AB.  Truthfully, I don't like the sense of being deceived to fit the needs of AB.  That's an issue I have with myself, not Art.  I empathize with your point of view, but neither you nor I really know the thoughts and motives floating around AB's head.  We're better off not knowing.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 02:28:11 PM

However there was a call awhile back with a caller saying he needed to talk to Art off the air because he had info for him. Art blew him off to which the guy started talking about landmarks near Art's house and where Art lives which sent Art into a rage. Art cut the call off there and was in a rage for the rest of that segment.
??? :o Strange.  Would love to revisit that show, too.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on December 16, 2015, 10:52:10 AM
I have a hard time being critical of Heather.  She's stepped-up to the bat, with short notice, and under a very difficult situation.  I think even she will tell you she's just trying to keep things afloat in the near-term.  Good luck to her.

+1. Good luck to her and she's certainly better than Dave.

Chronaut

Last night RCH was arguing that he should get the MITD time slot now that Art's gone  >:(

norland2424

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 02:32:21 PM
Last night RCH was arguing that he should get the MITD time slot now that Art's gone  >:(

With most of his plant callers edging him on.

Dateline

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 02:32:21 PM

I would like to hear him compete with Norry in that timeslot.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 12:54:17 PM
That guy loves Art more than a little bit too much...I can't see him coming after Art like this.  He *wants* Art on the air, but the stalker called to scare him *away* from the mic.

Someone had a brilliant idea last night:  an "Art's stalker" line.  That might actually work - psychos love to explain themselves.  But frankly the way this has gone down strikes me as a "gun for hire" scenario.  Someone intentionally ran Art off of his show.

Can't help be suspicious of that very thing. Recall when right before Art started on Sirius, Bellgab was suddenly in-fluxed with asswipes especially the Gnoory asswipe (KING of asswipes) in addition to all kinds of weird shit going on with Sirius. In fact that sort of thing preceded each one of Art's decisions to leave the mic (save for the bad-back thing, but there actually WAS crap going on against him during that time...) This time around it was stalkers, 4Chan puss-stains, gunshots in the night and who knows what else. Maybe Art just got tired of all that shit and said fuck it. Not worth it. For all we know the whole thing with the gunner-in-the-shadows was just the tip of the iceberg and there were goings-on that he could never bring forth on the air.

norland2424

Quote from: Dateline on December 16, 2015, 02:34:59 PM
I would like to hear him compete with Norry in that timeslot.

With an actual producer that would reign him and land him guests i agree, not so much with push over scott McKay.

Quote from: Philosopher on December 16, 2015, 02:28:29 PM
I think an inclination to healthy skepticism is a good thing.  Art is a public figure and should expect some public questioning or even negative feedback due to his very public decisions and changes.  I fall into YP's category as I am highly skeptical of recent events as portrayed by AB.  Truthfully, I don't like the sense of being deceived to fit the needs of AB.  That's an issue I have with myself, not Art.  I empathize with your point of view, but neither you nor I really know the thoughts and motives floating around AB's head.  We're better off not knowing.

Didn't Art tip his hand very early on in the new show when out of the blue he said something like he'd quit if someone was threatening his family?  I though it quite strange at the time, it's not the normal thought running through someone's head.  Then a few months later...

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 16, 2015, 02:40:04 PM
Didn't Art tip his hand very early on in the new show when out of the blue he said something like he'd quit if someone was threatening his family?  I though it quite strange at the time, it's not the normal thought running through someone's head.  Then a few months later...
Well, that's true too  ;D

What we don't know is maybe Art presented that caveat because there were threats going on from the very beginning but he was hell bent on doing another show anyway. Then the heat got turned up. Thing is, of coursh, we don't really know.

Roswells, Art

That's a lie.  I listened to this man come on the air the night after his wife died, and share the entire agonizing experience with us.  I listened to him tell us about his son's unspeakable anguish.

I'm sure you can find plenty of faults with Art Bell if you're determined to dig in the muck.  But one thing he isn't, is a liar.

He's honestly told us what has actually been happening, and why he made his decision.  And if I had an eight-year-old daughter, I would've made the same decision.

Faulting him for this is sickening.  It's like blaming a rape victim.  And you do it over and over and over again, every day.

Yeah, I like Yorkshire Pud but he himself has said he came here from a link and decided to stay. He never was an Art fan I think.

norland2424

Wasn't it to spend more time with his family? I remember him saying something about quitting tho.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 02:21:29 PM

Question: IS massa going to sell us tomorrow?

Chronaut

Quote from: Philosopher on December 16, 2015, 02:28:29 PM

Skepticism means "allowing the data to speak for itself," and on one hand we have 20 years of data showing us that Art has never lied to us, and on the other hand we have some (perhaps understandable) paranoia and our butthurt feelings but zero evidence that any of this situation has been misrepresented in any way.

Perhaps it is easier, on an emotional level, to prefer the idea that it's not true, than it is to face the miserable reality that it's both very real and we can do nothing about it.  No doubt this is why so many victims who report their crimes aren't believed, even by their own families sometimes.

But the only rational skeptical position to take is that this is what it appears to be, until we have some actual evidence to the contrary.  Because "suspicion" isn't the same as "skepticism."  More often than not, "suspicion" is just a form of self-deception.  And in this case, it must be very hurtful for Art and his family to have to deal with dozens of pages of fury and wild accusations from us, while waiting around the house wondering if/when this rat fink coward will be back to terrorize them.

Quote from: rekcuf on December 16, 2015, 02:45:13 PM
Question: IS massa going to sell us tomorrow?

I knew deep down BellGab was pro-Hoagland all along. These vaguely lovable scamps may hate listen to him but when it matters they love him and support him.

ziznak

Do you remember what show that was??
Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 02:28:11 PM

Do you remember what show this call was?

Philosopher

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 02:47:05 PM
I knew deep down BellGab was pro-Hoagland all along. These vaguely lovable scamps may hate listen to him but when it matters they love him and support him.

HoaglandGab just doesn't sound right.

Yorkshire pud

I asked before: How well do you personally know him?

Chronaut

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 16, 2015, 02:41:51 PM
Yeah, I like Yorkshire Pud but he himself has said he came here from a link and decided to stay. He never was an Art fan I think.

I assumed that he was being so relentlessly vicious about this because he was as invested in Art's return as we've been.  But maybe you're right:  I've met a lot of people who live their lives just itching for an excuse vent their hateful spleens.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 16, 2015, 02:50:07 PM

Ask yourself that same question first, Mr Pud.
Then report back.

Chronaut

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 16, 2015, 02:50:07 PM

I know the body of evidence, better than many, not as well as some.  But well enough that I can confidently assert that there's no case of willful deceit in the last 20 years of Art's career.  That's a whole helluva lot more than "I have suspicions therefore they must be true."  That's how people fall into the "Moon landing was hoaxed" fallacy.

Quote from: ziznak on December 16, 2015, 02:49:29 PM
Do you remember what show that was?? Do you remember what show this call was?

I'll try to track it down, I believe it was an early open lines and I believe it was talked about a bunch in the live thread. I think it was open lines because Art kept taking calls fuming about that caller for awhile and I think it was within the first two months of the show which means one of eight episodes.