• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Element 115

Quote from: Danger!UFO on December 16, 2015, 08:34:16 PM
Art:

When the time is right please come back and do one show a week. Share special shows like 'Dead Air' and New Years Eve predictions with Heather if need be.

Man, how I miss you reading the news headlines every night. Heather will do fine but there is no radio host that can compare to you. You can do a show on a topic like 'paint drying' or 'watching the grass grow' and make it interesting and entertaining. No other radio host could do that but you.

I'm sure many feel the same way when I say it feels like we're losing a friend. Yeah, Heather is here and you'll be around but it will never be the same. Please come back at least once a week after that loser is found.

Art will be back way before the prediction show. I reckon there is no way he'll be gone that long.

Element 115

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 16, 2015, 08:37:57 PM
Noory looks like he is storing nuts in those checks.

Snoory loves nuts in his cheeks.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 16, 2015, 08:37:57 PM
Noory looks like he is storing nuts in those checks.

Tommy's nut sack.

Chronaut

Every time I see this guy’s vacant expression I think of that scene with Punxsutawney Phil in Groundhog Day, and hear Bill Murray say “Don’t drive angry!”

Anyone else, or is it just me?

Danger!UFO

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 16, 2015, 08:38:42 PM
Art will be back way before the prediction show. I reckon there is no way he'll be gone that long.

I hope you're right!  :)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Danger!UFO on December 16, 2015, 08:40:56 PM
I hope you're right!  :)

I would love for him to do the prediction show. :)

Danger! Love your avatar! Great movie  ;D

Gruntled

Thanks for coming on BellGab Art.
People will get over being upset. Yourself included
If we didn't love you, we wouldn't be here.
Come back whenever you can.

TigerLily

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 16, 2015, 08:38:42 PM
I predict your prediction is predictable and ding ding ding, Correct

Element 115

Quote from: TigerLily on December 16, 2015, 08:45:01 PM
I predict your prediction is predictable and correct

I predict that your prediction that my prediction is predictable and correct that you are correct.

TigerLily

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 08:40:54 PM
Every time I see this guy’s vacant expression I think of that scene with Punxsutawney Phil in Groundhog Day, and hear Bill Murray say “Don’t drive angry!”

Phil looks way smarter

TigerLily

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 16, 2015, 08:46:18 PM
I predict that your prediction that my prediction is predictable and correct that you are correct.
Predictable!

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 16, 2015, 08:45:01 PM
I predict your prediction is predictable and ding ding ding, Correct
Nice to see TL back to her ol self.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 16, 2015, 08:48:49 PM
Nice to see TL back to her ol self.
Hi Grav.  Doesn't mean I still couldn't use a hug

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 16, 2015, 08:50:53 PM
Hi Grav.  Doesn't mean I still couldn't use a hug

(((((( TigerLily ))))))

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 03:28:09 PM
That's CRAZY TALK!  The only reason RCH has guests at all, is so that *he* has more stuff to talk about.  I've never heard anyone so enamored with their own ridiculous ideas...he's like his own fundamentalist follower of his own batshit crazy retarded mythotheology.  And, he's a jerk.  I'd rather listen to the termites eat my house than hear RCH night after night, "knowingly" chuckling like a loon at every opportunity to find ludicrous excuses to mention "19.5" on his show, and pretend that it has something to do with actual physics.

Something we agree on

Coz

Chronaut

Quote from: nika01 on December 16, 2015, 08:29:06 PM
I fail to understand how night vision, video cameras, and AR-15's couldnt have resolved this.
That would probably be my strategy as well, except I'd use a tranquilizer rifle because, y'know, the whole murder thing.

I'd probably be dressed in black with a night vision scope on the thing, because a dude would light up like a Christmas tree in infrared, in that cool desert night air.  And all that creeping around - he'd be a sitting duck.

But he only shows up once per month or two.  That's a Lot of roof time, especially when you have a wife and child, both of whom would probably be as freaked out by Daddy hanging out on the roof with a rifle every night as they are about being stalked by some freak.  And the cowardly weasel seems to only show up -during the broadcast-, and few have mastered the esoteric art of bilocation.

Of course, a retired special forces guy with the right tech could probably catch the rat punk within a few weeks, but that's both costly and intrusive.

serenity

Quote from: Art Bell on December 16, 2015, 07:56:49 PM
This person may never be caught unless I catch him and hold him at gunpoint till the cops get here, or I think far less likely one of the random Police patrols gets him. I have chewed this over from a million angles and it still comes down to most likely a crazy person because you have got to be crazy to fire shots at the end of a dead end road.

I will say I reacted emotionally when my Wife said she had had enough but that's life I guess and of course I miss it. I could have said I would just take a break till we get this resolved but I said what I said and you can't take words back.

I have said that if time passes without incident I might do a show every now and then to give Heather a night off but will do so unannounced.

I am going to remain a Bell Gabber.

Art

Do what you need to do Art. Family first. Heather is doing fine so take care of the family and check in here when you can.

73's

TigerLily

ItsOver

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 08:40:54 PM

Phil would make a better C2C host.

ge30542

Quote from: akwilly on December 16, 2015, 08:13:16 PM
Hey Art, why don't you call into the Gabcast on Friday. Falkie will be co hosting and I think it would be nice for us to speak to you.
If Art phoned in Friday and took calls, it would be callers telling Art how much they love him, what an honor it is to speak to him, they've listened to him since CBC, etc,etc.
Art has always sounded uncomfortable with mushy stuff heaped upon him by callers. He usually deflected it by saying "okay, West of the rockies, you're on the air with Richard Hoagland and Art Bell"

Element 115

Every time Art goes away, he takes a piece of us with him.

nika01

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 08:54:18 PM
That would probably be my strategy as well, except I'd use a tranquilizer rifle because, y'know, the whole murder thing.

I'd probably be dressed in black with a night vision scope on the thing, because a dude would light up like a Christmas tree in infrared, in that cool desert night air.  And all that creeping around - he'd be a sitting duck.

But he only shows up once per month or two.  That's a Lot of roof time, especially when you have a wife and child, both of whom would probably be as freaked out by Daddy hanging out on the roof with a rifle every night as they are about being stalked by some freak.  And the cowardly weasel seems to only show up -during the broadcast-, and few have mastered the esoteric art of bilocation.

Of course, a retired special forces guy with the right tech could probably catch the rat punk within a few weeks, but that's both costly and intrusive.

I am nowhere as rich as Art, but if people were doing those sorts of things to me, I would be getting a second mortgage and taking the full tilt boogie approach to varmint tranquilization. Nothing else would make a whole lot of sense. Wait and see what happens, thats a victims mentality.

Has Art ever interviewed Jesse Ventura?   Ventura might have some good contacts - well except for that whole lawsuit thing.  I imagine that probably blew those contacts up.

Ah the hell with it.  Bad idea   

Element 115

Every second of roof time would be worth it to get the SOB. As long as I had my CC Radio with me and ear buds.

Auslandia

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 16, 2015, 09:09:44 PM
Has Art ever interviewed Jesse Ventura?   Ventura might have some good contacts - well except for that whole lawsuit thing.  I imagine that probably blew those contacts up.

Ah the hell with it.  Bad idea   

Dog the Bounty Hunter with a glock high on arctic chaga would do the trick.

MR. Spock

I really don't care if art returns or not. If art comes back then he will quit.  Art I'm tired of your fucking drama. Art if you do come back to the air, make sure that your shit is together. Also art remember opsec.  I know that you know what that means because of your time in the air force.