• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Dateline

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on December 16, 2015, 03:15:51 PM
Jesus in ripped, shit-stained underwear everybody! Art's pulled the plug for good.

Right?

LOL

We are in death throws. OK

Element 115

Quote from: Dateline on December 16, 2015, 03:12:03 PM
Art also commented on something that I thought was strange.  He said something about those folks wanting to know what he had for dinner that day and even what he wanted in his coffee.  He referred to the vaguely loveable group, and that he thought it was a bit much.  This was right after the eerie telephone call, where he was addicted to Art.

That vaguely lovable group was in reference to us here at Bellgab.

Chronaut

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on December 16, 2015, 03:13:39 PM
Dude...I was referring to your comment on the moon landing....see?

Invert invert!

Laugh baby laugh!

Lol - sorry dude...right, humor.  I forgot about that for a moment; thank you ;

Dateline

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 16, 2015, 03:18:57 PM
Love the new avatar!

Thank you!  We must follow the celebration of the season.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Dateline on December 16, 2015, 03:19:28 PM
We are in death throws. OK
I know....and it's more entertaining than the actual show was!

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 03:20:38 PM
Lol - sorry dude...right, humor.  I forgot about that for a moment; thank you ;
;D

ziznak

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 16, 2015, 03:01:10 PM
Have you sat down to listen to your first Art Bell show yet?
I find it kind of disturbing that somebody would land here out of the blue and then proceed to post so much... it's obviously somewhat of a special interest forum... very very niche community.  It would be like me dropping into some reality TV discussion pit and then deciding to stay even though I dont ever watch that crap....  not to say that we should shun outsiders but I can't seem to wrap my head around the pud's motivation to post and spend so much time here?

trostol

Quote from: Dateline on December 16, 2015, 03:18:20 PM
This is what I want to hear on the Dark Matter Radio Network, Art and Keith.

Let Heather have a hour or two pre-MITD show.  Give Hoagland MITD hours.  The follow-up show would be selected from the podcasts/shows already on Dark Matter Radio Network by submitting a letter of interest and then be interviewed or selected by a committee of Art, Keith, and MV.

what has Dick done to deserve that spot though?

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: ziznak on December 16, 2015, 03:24:12 PM
I find it kind of disturbing that somebody would land here out of the blue and then proceed to post so much... it's obviously somewhat of a special interest forum... very very niche community.  It would be like me dropping into some reality TV discussion pit and then deciding to stay even though I dont ever watch that crap....  not to say that we should shun outsiders but I can't seem to wrap my head around the pud's motivation to post and spend so much time here?

Some of his posts can make you think while others make you think he's an agent provocateur.

What's interesting is Hoagland is still maneuvering for the 9 PM slot and to get rid of Heather. That means in that old flim flam con man's head, there's still something of worth in DMRN. Gives a good indication of the conversations taking place behind the scenes.

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 03:25:57 PM
What's interesting is Hoagland is still maneuvering for the 9 PM slot and to get rid of Heather. That means in that old flim flam con man's head, there's still something of worth in DMRN. Gives a good indication of the conversations taking place behind the scenes.

eh..i think thats just Hoagland being brash and thinking of himself..not sure he is having many behind the scenes conversations..unless talking to himself in the mirror counts

Chronaut

Quote from: Dateline on December 16, 2015, 03:18:20 PM
Give Hoagland MITD hours.

That's CRAZY TALK!  The only reason RCH has guests at all, is so that *he* has more stuff to talk about.  I've never heard anyone so enamored with their own ridiculous ideas...he's like his own fundamentalist follower of his own batshit crazy retarded mythotheology.  And, he's a jerk.  I'd rather listen to the termites eat my house than hear RCH night after night, "knowingly" chuckling like a loon at every opportunity to find ludicrous excuses to mention "19.5" on his show, and pretend that it has something to do with actual physics.

Ah, you forget the siren call of the Falkie thread. It's impossible to look away...impossible to resist...

Element 115

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 03:25:57 PM

Citation kindly requested.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: trostol on December 16, 2015, 03:27:24 PM
eh..i think thats just Hoagland being brash and thinking of himself..not sure he is having many behind the scenes conversations..unless talking to himself in the mirror counts
Lol...Hoagie probably has a special room just for such a thing...like the villain in Enter The Dragon.

SciFiAuthor

It's just amazing to me that the people in here bitching the loudest didn't even listen to the show.

ziznak

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 16, 2015, 03:28:10 PM
Ah, you forget the siren call of the Falkie thread. It's impossible to look away...impossible to resist...
Ah yesssss!... our main attraction!

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 16, 2015, 03:28:10 PM
Yeah but it's getting easier since Crappio has re-emerged from the bowels of the internets.

Quote from: trostol on December 16, 2015, 03:27:24 PM

On Friday, he was like

Last night, he was like

Something changed.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Chronaut on December 16, 2015, 11:14:25 AM
I see the spread of uptalk as one of the creepier symptoms of a global social engineering program to instill fear in the population to make us evermore servile to our plutocrat overlords.  Psychologists are saying that the constant barrage of traumatic events flowing through the 24hr news cycle impedes higher reasoning, and returns the mind to the open vulnerable state of childhood, compelling people to cling to their authority figures without question.  This is how the Patriot Act and the invasion of Iraq were not only passed, but embraced by a cowering American public, and why most people welcomed the wholesale collection of private information via NSA surveillance programs.  I think it's also why we're willing to accept a level of wealth inequality that exceeds that of Nigeria:  subconsciously we think that giving the powerful more power will actually solve our problems.

I think it's also why so many people embrace the petulant authoritarian style of Trump.  We've become so cowardly and psychologically weak as a population that we're willing to toss all of our higher principles and human morality to the wind, for the pitiful veneer of safety that we think we'll enjoy kneeling in the shadow of a giant Sun-blotting asshole.

Holy cow, you connected all this to uptalk? Who knows, maybe you're right, but you definitely should get today's RCH Award. Talk about connecting the dots, gosh.

Freyja

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 16, 2015, 03:00:37 PM
No.  During the run up to Midnight in the Desert I realized I was done with Art Bell, and never listened to a single show.  Him saying that was posted and discussed here, although it may have even been one of his posts here or on Facebook and not actually on the show itself.

After the Sirius fiasco and the way that was handled, then after the two years is up Art is coming back but threatening to not do the show because of bumper music, threatening to not do the show because of a misunderstanding with Keith over some triviality, then the show finally starts and a series of 'surprises' and 'big announcements' coming 'next week' that never amounted to much, on and on, it was just too much, at least for me. 

Art likes drama, he likes attention, he likes jerking people around.  He likes doing a show - until he doesn't.  And that's all fine, he should be himself, but he should understand not everyone is appreciative of it.

Well said ...+1

I felt very much like you but was sucked down that rabbit hole once again.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: trostol on December 16, 2015, 03:25:23 PM
Dick spot [insert Beavis and Butthead laughs (he said insert)]
See Dick run.
See Dick droop.

bateman

I haven't been paying attention. Has the plane hit the mountain yet? Still going down? Or pulling bodies from the wreckage at this point?

Dateline

Quote from: trostol on December 16, 2015, 03:25:23 PM

He has just . .been a Dick.   8)

No, he was the Coast science advisor and I just have enjoyed his show the few times I have listened.

It would also make Norry's Xmas balls rock around the tree to compete with him.  More fun and drama on the Bellgab forum.

chefist

Hate to be a pessimist, but this whole MITD/DMDN thing is going to completely disintegrate faster than a Xmas party with ISIS guests...

Element 115

Quote from: bateman on December 16, 2015, 03:32:28 PM
I haven't been paying attention. Has the plane hit the mountain yet? Are we still going down? Or pulling bodies from the wreckage at this point?

Descending but still a chance.  If nothing changes by next week, it's reached the mountain.

Gumby, Dammit

I haven't been paying attention. Has the plane hit the mountain yet? Are we still going down? Or pulling bodies from the wreckage at this point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i415QwSj0Og

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop...or not.

SciFiAuthor

I haven't been paying attention. Has the plane hit the mountain yet? Still going down? Or pulling bodies from the wreckage at this point?

More like the plane never took off because someone barfed in the aisle.