• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

The funniest part of that Youtube clip is Noorie saying "exactly" after Punnett's gibberish.  A typical Dave moment.

The General

Quote from: jazmunda on March 24, 2015, 12:55:54 AM
Now to find MV's embarrassing call.

Oh please, yes.
I bet MV has it isolated already.
But may be unwilling to share.

The General

Quote from: phrodo on March 24, 2015, 01:37:46 AM
Back in high school there was a girl we called The Hoover because she could really ... well you know...

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 24, 2015, 01:40:32 AM
   Get blackmailed by the Mafia for being a homosexual?

Are you threatening the Hoover?

jerry

Quote from: The General on March 24, 2015, 10:26:20 AM
Are you threatening the Hoover?

Here is the audio if any one wants it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on March 24, 2015, 10:23:53 AM
Oh please, yes.
I bet MV has it isolated already.
But may be unwilling to share.

it plays on an endless loop throughout my home.

Art Bell

Quote from: jerry on March 24, 2015, 11:21:00 AM

That was funny, couldn't make that up

trust_no_one

Wow - that is incomprehensible.  But Dave just gives his standard "exactly" reply.  OMG.   :o

Skunk Ape

"Floggle roggle THE HOOVER wriggle figgle"

Jorch - "And that's Ian Punnett, who'll be on the radio for 8 hours this weekend. Enjoy"

Nick el Ass

Quote from: phrodo on March 24, 2015, 01:37:46 AM
Back in high school there was a girl we called The Hoover because she could really ... well you know...

Suck as much Dave?!?

Art Bell

Question was that a promo for a Weekend show I presume? If so, the lesson would be don't do it on a guys day off, or screen the Host's.

Art

Eddie Coyle

Ian was more coherent than the host usually is.

I've always assumed Ian had a decent friday night, had a few pops, dozed off and was rudely awakened by Danheiser around 12:35 am to do his mandatory "hit" with Dave. Then the fun began a few minutes later.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 24, 2015, 12:20:41 PM
   I've always assumed Ian had a decent friday night, had a few pops, dozed off and was rudely awakened by Danheiser around 12:35 am to do his mandatory "hit" with Dave. Then the fun began a few minutes later.

It does sound like someone who was sleep-talking. I'm glad Dave didn't wake him up over the phone or someone could have been hurt.

Sounds like Ian had an Ambien to me.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Skunk Ape on March 24, 2015, 12:23:33 PM
It does sound like someone who was sleep-talking. I'm glad Dave didn't wake him up over the phone or someone could have been hurt.

In fairness, Ian didn't rouse Dave from his slumber either.

Albemuth

Quote from: Art Bell on March 24, 2015, 12:18:44 PM
Question was that a promo for a Weekend show I presume? If so, the lesson would be don't do it on a guys day off, or screen the Host's.

Art

Yep... He was calling in on his own time to promo his w/e show â€" and was obviously hammered on cold medicine or something (likely from all the hand shaking as part of his Deacon gig.) I miss Punnett on the weekends. He always read or was at least familiar enough with the book under discussion so that he typically got a good interview out of the author. Too,  he was holding down a M-F morning drive show here in the Twin Cities â€" and was doing that Sunday morning religious thing he had going â€" all on top of w/e Coast at the same time  so, I’ll give the guy a pass on a little chemically enhanced sleep deprivation…

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on March 24, 2015, 12:18:44 PM

Art

He was speaking the hosts native language, and Dave understood everything he said perfectly the first time... but I'm guessing Ian might have had a few brews with Jason the horse the night before.

I always loved that IAN clip. I listen to it now and then for fun.

So I was thinking.. I wonder if anyone at Premiere entertained the notion of putting KNAPP as full time and firing Noory? That would be Premiere's best way to make sure Art won't come back..
;)

phrodo

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 24, 2015, 08:49:11 AM
She was so dam good?

All good guesses .. this one is the closest though.  ;)

phrodo

It sounds as if Ian is awake when asking about the "soccer action" then Dave puts him to sleep with talk of the stupid octopus and Ian dreams the rest of the bit. I agree that Dave's "exactly" is exactly what we've come to expect from him.  ::)

The General

Poor Ian.  He'll never live that one down.

I just want to put all this about Ian being drunk to rest, although I know it won't.  Ian has commented on that incident and, while I forget the whole story, it had something to with medications he was taking for his tinnitus.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 24, 2015, 01:06:30 PM
I always loved that IAN clip. I listen to it now and then for fun.

So I was thinking.. I wonder if anyone at Premiere entertained the notion of putting KNAPP as full time and firing Noory? That would be Premiere's best way to make sure Art won't come back..
;)

I`m pretty sure George Knapp wouldn`t want it. He`s been adamant about how he enjoys his work with the KLAS I-Team and intends to stay with it as long as he can.

lonevoice

I have a friend with narcolepsy who, when he slips into a narcoleptic state, sounds almost exactly like Ian’s clip.  One time, prior to his diagnosis, we were on the I-5 during rush hour in Orange County with him at the wheel.  He was commenting about a song on the radio, when in the middle of a perfectly coherent sentence he said, “Oooo, that’s a pretty fish!”  Scared the crap outta me, that’s for sure. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 24, 2015, 01:33:17 PM
I just want to put all this about Ian being drunk to rest, although I know it won't.  Ian has commented on that incident and, while I forget the whole story, it had something to with medications he was taking for his tinnitus.
Well then, I think I too may develop a bitch of a case of tinnnitus and check this stuff out.

Art Bell

I have said if George Knapp was the full time guy I would stay Retired because the show would be in good hands and that will continue to be true right up to the moment I sign my ten Year NC.

Art

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Art Bell on March 24, 2015, 01:53:09 PM
I have said if George Knapp was the full time guy I would stay Retired because the show would be in good hands and that will continue to be true right up to the moment I sign my ten Year NC.

Art

Very good, just as long as the ten year NC doesn't include posting on bellgab.

rzr1911

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 24, 2015, 01:33:17 PM
you mean he was on bath salts?

MV/Liberace!

Art

i disagree.  george knapp might be smart and capable of conducting a proper interview, but he's not art bell.  he doesn't have your personality or your general approach being a "radio guy".  i want to hear art bell.  full stop.

FortRock

Art

FROM THE SCORPION ARMY PROPAGANDA MINISTRY, A HINT:
THE FIELD MARSHALL, ART BELL HAS MADE THIS QUOTE TWICE NOW! DOES THIS GIVE YOU A HINT WHO THE WEEKEND SHOW HOST WILL BE?