• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Quote from: b_dubb on August 02, 2011, 08:16:10 PM
as if george didn't suck enough ... they just played Creed during his recent Atlantis show.  holy fuck that is the worst shit ever.  shit sandwich served over the radio.  how the fuck is this possible?

hahaha

Frys Girl

George Noory: "Now I want people to know: strip tease shows back then were not what they are today."
Barbara Marx Hubbard: "Well, I don't know what they are today."

Scully

I was horrified at George's boorish behavior with that very nice, highly intelligent elderly lady. (Barbara Marx Hubbard)  He rudely interrupted her and stepped on her stories time after time.  He completely missed her points over and over again. She was so kind and forgiving all the way through and just laughed at his inappropriateness.

The man is a walking embarrassment to the human race.  :-[

valdez

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 03, 2011, 03:31:03 AM
George Noory: "Now I want people to know: strip tease shows back then were not what they are today."
Barbara Marx Hubbard: "Well, I don't know what they are today."
Joel Skousen on again to scare the crap out of us with his predictions of a nuclear strike by China, or Russia, or some other two bit overrated country.  This was also the second night in a row that George has mentioned "suit case nukes" and how we are not going to know who to retaliate against when somebody takes out a city with them.  I know I've heard on c2c a bunch of times that all nuclear material has some sort of signature that will identify the country of origin, and if I can remember that as a listener, why can't George?  Barbara Marx Hubbard, who's mission is to offer us a "social revelation of the collective potential of humanity", was way above George's league.  This lady was hanging out in french cafes during the 1940's trying to be existential, and has never stopped growing and thinking, and all George could do is litter the interview with dumb statements and latch on to any words he was able to recognize and attempt to bring the conversation down to his level.  "Did you see the movie, Contact?"  Yeah, George.  Everybody saw it.  How come you know so much about strip joints?

Barbara Marx Hubbard

stevesh

Quote from: valdez on August 03, 2011, 04:39:59 AM
      I know I've heard on c2c a bunch of times that all nuclear material has some sort of signature that will identify the country of origin, and if I can remember that as a listener, why can't George? 

Because that fact has never been mentioned in an episode of 'Twilight Zone'. GN is neither a listener or a reader.

The show last night with the terrific Barbara Marx Hubbard was a new low (that's right) in interview radio. Noory, like Jim Bohannon, shows much less respect for guests who happen to be women. He's much more likely to interrupt women (save Linda Moulton Howe, who takes over the show when she's on) and spends a lot more time interjecting his (impossibly boring) personal stories when the guest is a woman.

I thought Ms. Hubbard handled the experience with grace and humor, but I doubt if we'll hear her again. Our loss.

someguy

Quote from: valdez on August 03, 2011, 04:39:59 AM
     This was also the second night in a row that George has mentioned "suit case nukes" and how we are not going to know who to retaliate against when somebody takes out a city with them.

I accidentally downloaded a George Noory show awhile back, and was laying in bed listening. About 20 minutes in, he started talking about suitcase nukes. Only he called it a "suit cake nuke". I seriously said "jesus fuck!" turned the show off and went to sleep.

jsharbour

I stopped listening live because staying up so late night after night was wrecking my mental faculties (like George), but I do subscribe and download the most interesting shows. That is really the only way to listen if you don't work nights, being able to skip George's monologues and stupid open lines callers. I listen for the guests. I laugh at the host's ignorance, but I'm not going to stop listening just because of that. Although, if Ian Punnitt took over full time, I would 'absolutely' stop listening completely. Now, Ian is a whole new level of damned annoying... I literally cannot tolerate his voice any more. George is kind of retarded, but Ian is intolerable. Among the hosts, George Knapp is only a step below Art Bell, IMO. I always enjoy Knapp, but unfortunately his shows have been USURPED by Noory... has anyone noticed? Noory started interviewing Knapp's regulars, putting him off the ratings... I really feel they're keeping him marginalized because he is quite popular.

Quote from: jsharbour on August 03, 2011, 12:35:02 PM
I stopped listening live because staying up so late night after night was wrecking my mental faculties (like George), but I do subscribe and download the most interesting shows. That is really the only way to listen if you don't work nights, being able to skip George's monologues and stupid open lines callers. I listen for the guests. I laugh at the host's ignorance, but I'm not going to stop listening just because of that. Although, if Ian Punnitt took over full time, I would 'absolutely' stop listening completely. Now, Ian is a whole new level of damned annoying... I literally cannot tolerate his voice any more. George is kind of retarded, but Ian is intolerable. Among the hosts, George Knapp is only a step below Art Bell, IMO. I always enjoy Knapp, but unfortunately his shows have been USURPED by Noory... has anyone noticed? Noory started interviewing Knapp's regulars, putting him off the ratings... I really feel they're keeping him marginalized because he is quite popular.

Eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, w-where do you want to take us, eh, heh, heh, heh, ah, ha, ha, ha...

Bart

I don't think anyone picks the guests.  They just feel lucky if they can get somebody to come on!  There are lots of flakes out there and Noory doesn't even know that he's really scraping the bottem of the barrel because he is as flakey as his latest guests.  And as for the hawaii studio------is george financing it or is it another premrat venture that george HOPES he can get a chance to use someday.  I don't for a minute believe it is FOR him as he likes to imply.  He creeps me out.

Hugo Fitch

George was coming on to an 81 year old woman last night...and failing. Embarrassingly. Granted, she was spouting a lot of new-age hooey, so maybe he was bored, but it was quite disturbing.

Pseudonaut

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 02, 2011, 09:39:17 AM
Now that I see how little it actually did for us, it makes me wonder why the fantasticforum2 is so interested in getting the on-air shoutouts from Snoors. I suspect it does very little for them as well.

I must be a bit late to the party -- what's the deal with Fantastic Forum 2? I watched as the first one fizzled out in the most sorry way possible, and hadn't actually heard of the second one. Is it ShirleyPals? Anyone a member? Do they trash Noory or suck up to him?

I'd log into it but my old FF1 doesn't work on it, and I don't feel like registering with this new one.  8)

Morgus

Quote from: Pseudonaut on August 04, 2011, 12:54:57 AM

I must be a bit late to the party -- what's the deal with Fantastic Forum 2? I watched as the first one fizzled out in the most sorry way possible, and hadn't actually heard of the second one. Is it ShirleyPals? Anyone a member? Do they trash Noory or suck up to him?

I'd log into it but my old FF1 doesn't work on it, and I don't feel like registering with this new one.  8)

FF2 was just started by the core group liberal members of the old Fantastic Forum site when the owner passed away.
The original FF was purchased by someone they didn't like and continues but its pretty much dead.
The new FF2 does not allow bashing Noory at all, its a banning offense there.
That is one of Noory's suckup sites and he is a member there and posts regularly.
They sold their soul to the devil Noory and promised him they will not allow any negativity towards him there in order to get his free Friday onair shoutouts.

FF2 also doesn't even allow guests to read any threads or posts, its a Noory-fan members-only club apparently.  :-*
Its not really worth bothering with anyway since its just a small group of regular members and new registered people don't really stick around or seem to be banned quickly.

rangers1919

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 02, 2011, 04:21:01 PM
LMAO at the "Michael in Nashville" @ 26:23!!!!!! I swear Noory thought it was Vandeven because the guy seemed like such a prankster. I would have sworn it was Sal and Richard (especially Richard's hick accent). The way George Noory said "Go ahead Michael" seemed like he had very low hopes for the call.

I think I remember thinking the same thing about a guy sounding like Richard from the Stern show it is probably the same caller.

I've also noticed callers getting on multiple times during one show and actually mentioning it again. This means that they may be on a lot of stations, but they don't have a lot of callers, and certainly don't have anywhere near the level of callers that they had during Art's days. When I started listening people would never get on multiple times a show, and rarely in a week. They might have a different system for queuing more calls, but it wouldn't affect how many they took in a show and how often people got on.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pseudonaut on August 04, 2011, 12:54:57 AM

i'm pretty sure shirleypal is a moderator there, but i don't think she owns it. 

you must have an account to read posts at the ff2.  a really bad SEO move.

the owner of the original ff died and it was purchased by someone who seems to be doing a good job of modernizing and maintaining it.  however, rather than continue with the original forum after her death, a group of people left and started their own... the ff2.  not sure why.  i think they just couldn't take the thought of someone else running it after so many years.  they were probably also angry because the new owner unbanned numerous accounts.  it was as if they felt he was supposed to defer to all previous decisions and policies... despite the fact that he now owns it.  sometimes change sucks, but personally, i think they made a bad move by leaving.  they should have been thankful the forum wound up in his capable hands.

the ff2 does not allow negative comments toward noory or bell.  shirleypal told me they implemented this policy so that they could get mentioned on c2c by snoors (although she didn't refer to him as snoors, haha... that's my contribution). 

i like shirleypal and consider her a friend, but the ff2 doesn't look very fun to me.  however, neither did the original ff.  i signed up for an account there in early 2006 and was banned before i even submitted a single post.  this was way before georgenoorysucks.com or anything else that would cause someone to know who i am... so i have no idea why i was banned.  whatever. 

it was my first experience with a message board, and it led me to start this forum a couple years later.

Morgus

Noory went to open lines for the last hour of the show tonight and couldn't even do a full hour of that.
He resorted to that tired old clip he has played at least a hundred times before to fill the last 15min or so before sign off.
He is also taking off this Friday night, second time he has down that in two weeks with Ian filling in for him.
Is he getting tired now of the five nights a week plus one Sunday a month schedule?  8)

Morgus

Quote from: HAL 9000 on August 02, 2011, 10:24:31 PM
Consider the following study relating browser usage and IQ levels:
http://mashable.com/2011/07/29/internet-explorer-iq/

Noory reported tonight in the first hour's news stories that the article has been now proved to be a total hoax.
So he says IE users have high IQs after all.  :P

valdez

Internet privacy girl, Katherine Albrecht, talking about her cancer.  George hyped his segment with Leslie Kean on ufo's, but I didn't hear anything new on the subject.  I did, however, hear "Antonio" give another shout out to Coastgab, about twenty minutes to the end of the show.  Another inductee into the coastgab hall of heroes, and a good old fashion goose steppin' soviet military parade in his honor...whoever this scoundrel may be.

Russian military personnel march along Red Square during a military parade on the Victory Day in Moscow May 9, 2011. REUTERS/Sergei Karpukhin
comrade "antonio"....we salute ye

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 04, 2011, 02:19:32 AM
i'm pretty sure shirleypal is a moderator there, but i don't think she owns it. 

you must have an account to read posts at the ff2.  a really bad SEO move.

the owner of the original ff died and it was purchased by someone who seems to be doing a good job of modernizing and maintaining it.  however, rather than continue with the original forum after her death, a group of people left and started their own... the ff2.  not sure why.  i think they just couldn't take the thought of someone else running it after so many years.  they were probably also angry because the new owner unbanned numerous accounts.  it was as if they felt he was supposed to defer to all previous decisions and policies... despite the fact that he now owns it.  sometimes change sucks, but personally, i think they made a bad move by leaving.  they should have been thankful the forum wound up in his capable hands.

the ff2 does not allow negative comments toward noory or bell.  shirleypal told me they implemented this policy so that they could get mentioned on c2c by snoors (although she didn't refer to him as snoors, haha... that's my contribution). 

i like shirleypal and consider her a friend, but the ff2 doesn't look very fun to me.  however, neither did the original ff.  i signed up for an account there in early 2006 and was banned before i even submitted a single post.  this was way before georgenoorysucks.com or anything else that would cause someone to know who i am... so i have no idea why i was banned.  whatever. 

it was my first experience with a message board, and it led me to start this forum a couple years later.

There you are.  All things happen for a reason....

Anagrammy

Theodoric

Quote from: valdez on August 04, 2011, 04:22:52 AM

"antonio"....

I'm sure it was DanDan. Identical voice, from Washington and sounded shocked to actually be on air Haha good stuff. That is pretty amazing twice within 3 days let alone twice in a week.

onan

It is saddening that Tart is in that camp. Seems to me in the 70's he had some good science behind his positions.

Sent from my DROIDX

Gassy Man

Quote from: Scully on August 03, 2011, 03:51:25 AM
I was horrified at George's boorish behavior with that very nice, highly intelligent elderly lady. (Barbara Marx Hubbard)  He rudely interrupted her and stepped on her stories time after time.  He completely missed her points over and over again. She was so kind and forgiving all the way through and just laughed at his inappropriateness.

The man is a walking embarrassment to the human race.  :-[
George Noory pretty much did the same thing to the privacy lady from Harvard the next night as she discussed (or tried) her bout with BREAST CANCER.  He interrupted or talked over her more than once including when she seemed to be getting to some salient point and dashed off on his absurd tangents in particular when she discussed alternative cures and tumeric . . . he was like a child with ADD or ADHD.

DanDan

I was so excited last night; Georgiebun discussed -- or at least said -- the magical "aforca." Now, I haven't done much research pertaining to the aforca, but from rumors I've heard it's either "a fat orca," "a fucking orca," or "a fuckupofthewordafrica orca." I want to pet this beast.

Also, Coast Insider is 25¢ "er, less *mumble* a day!" 25¢ less than what, you aforca master? I'll probably understand in March "of next year, right?" "Hurr, I know what a police siren is and do not give a single fuck that I just interrupted you."

"Would the moon crash into Earth [even though you just said the moon is travelling fucking further from the earth each year]?" I'd bet my 25¢ less that you are right, Noorbear.

DanDan

Quote from: DanDan on August 04, 2011, 12:17:31 PM
I was so excited last night; Georgiebun discussed -- or at least said -- the magical "aforca." Now, I haven't done much research pertaining to the aforca, but from rumors I've heard it's either "a fat orca," "a fucking orca," or "a fuckupofthewordafrica orca." I want to pet this beast.

Note to self: call on Open Line Friday and ask what Georgie's thoughts are on aforca abuse.

fysisist

George hyped his segment with Leslie Kean on ufo's, but I didn't hear anything new on the subject. 

There is/was nothing new on the subject from Leslie Kean.  I read her book, it is basically a recap of James Fox's documentary "I know what I saw".  In fact I think she collaborated on the film.  Of course the Snoorman went on about how fantastic it was, but I'm quite sure he's never bothered to read it or he would know that it really breaks no new ground.  Furthermore, I'm pretty sure she was already on the show at least once to promote the book, which came out sometime early last year as I recall.  So this show is a total retread.  But it probably seemed new to Snoors, who apparently has a hard time remembering what was said 15 min previously, much less months ago.

b_dubb

recent ufo show w/ leslie kean .... snoory interrupts his guest and goes on and on about how he wanted to do a story on stanton 'captain eyebrows' friedman way back when.  george ... shut the fuck up and let the guest talk.  no one cares about your bullshit life

MV/Liberace!

I did, however, hear "Antonio" give another shout out to Coastgab, about twenty minutes to the end of the show.  Another inductee into the coastgab hall of heroes...
wtf!!!  this is awesome.  i have to hear this, if anyone has audio...

Morgus

Quote from: DanDan on August 04, 2011, 02:55:32 PM
Note to self: call on Open Line Friday and ask what Georgie's thoughts are on aforca abuse.
Note: noory is taking off fridays now and its ian hosting open lines instead.

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 04, 2011, 06:36:28 PM
wtf!!!  this is awesome.  i have to hear this, if anyone has audio...
the Antonio call-in is in the middle of the last hour of Funkbaldy's mp3 radio archive of last night's show:
Funkbaldy41 Radio archive of C2C 8/3/2011

MV/Liberace!

i edited to the specific portion where dandan's second shoutout occurs.  it's attached.   sweeeet.