• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Izintit?

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 04, 2015, 01:11:40 PM
Noory and the crew don't give their audience much credit, but even they probably thought everyone would know it was a joke when the conjoined triplets consisted of a mix of races and genders.
That`s just it. George has NO respect for his audience or he would have said "April Fool`s!"  at the end of the interview. Instead, he wants poor Cletus from Numbnuts (a Noory fan) to call in so he can humiliate him nationally. Noory is a bully and his "nice guy" act is a facade.

UFQuack

Quote from: Scully on April 04, 2015, 02:07:54 AM
It drives me insane that Noory's fans call him for definitive answers on world conditions. These people vote and breed also ...  :(

Haha, Noory's "The Expert on Everything" has been a thorn in my side for years. Do you notice how he just revels in it? It's goes something to the effect of "WELL (that's Jorch putting on his authoritative voice) It's like this...etc etc blah blah blowhard"

Noory isn't stupid, you don't climb the ladder to the point where he has gotten without some sly business maneuvering and a good deal of schmoozing, it's just that he uses his intelligence for other aspects of life when he should be paying attention to the topic at hand and asking a decent follow-up question now and then.

Izintit?

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 04, 2015, 01:40:53 PM
Seth said something interesting though.  He said the dolphins were the smartest ones until we came along.  That kind of sucks for them.
You could put glasses on Jorch and a dolphin would STILL look smarter. GNSFLIPPER

albrecht

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 04, 2015, 02:04:46 PM
Noory isn't stupid, you don't climb the ladder to the point where he has gotten without some sly business maneuvering and a good deal of schmoozing, it's just that he uses his intelligence for other aspects of life when he should be paying attention to the topic at hand and asking a decent follow-up question now and then.
I vacillate between options on this. A part of me says having been in a dying industry for decades and still getting good contracts and work means he has some intelligence. Even running a restaurant or horses/farms, video production company etc that failed. But clearly he is not spending whatever intelligence he has on the show but, maybe, he doing "just enough" and simply doesn't respect callers (and considering some frequent callers can we blame him?) This doesn't excuse him not respecting guests or not trying though. On the other hand, this is a company that puts "mist tunnels" in corporate offices, sells assets, and continues to hemorrhage money. Maybe he just has some polaroids of what happened in a mist tunnel once?
-GNS

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 04, 2015, 02:04:46 PM

I'm pretty sure Dave just kissed a lot of ass. The problem with it all is the man has no knack for radio, and it is clear he really wants to be on tv... but since that failed he set his beady little black soulless eyes on the next best thing.

Morgus

Quote from: zeebo on April 04, 2015, 02:14:51 AM
Annie, Cornelius, and Bill the AAA now make up roughly 1/3 of all c2c callers.  Morgus may know the exact numbers on this.
I don't know the exact  numbers, but those 3 have been getting on almost daily lately.

Come to think of it, Noory should have used those three regular callers as the 3 heads for his stupid "3-headed person" April's Fools stunt!  ;D

Morgus

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 04, 2015, 01:11:40 PM
Noory and the crew don't give their audience much credit, but even they probably thought everyone would know it was a joke when the conjoined triplets consisted of a mix of races and genders.
it would have been slightly more believable if they had claimed it was due to a head transplant operation, to add 2 extra heads to an existing body with one head.
but Noory didn't have enough imagination to come up with that and probably didn't realize conjoined twins are always identical twins (not mixed sexes, etc.)

Gassy Man

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 04, 2015, 03:59:45 PM

I'm pretty sure Dave just kissed a lot of ass. The problem with it all is the man has no knack for radio, and it is clear he really wants to be on tv... but since that failed he set his beady little black soulless eyes on the next best thing.
Bingo.  It doesn't take much smarts to look around the room, see who the power brokers are, figure out what to say to them regardless of whether it is true or merited, and then repeat that process over many years.  Noory is essentially a car salesman, a toady to the owner of the lot.

Intelligence, on the other hand, requires evidence of more.  Noory is neither quick on his feet during interviews -- as evidenced by his malapropisms and non sequiturs -- nor broad-minded enough to consider anything beyond the narrow range of assumptions he makes over and over.  He does not do research, likely is not much of a reader, and treats any kind of criticism, even constructive, with hostility. 

Compare him to Art in this regard.  His career has been evidenced by not being a toady.  I'm sure he's had to be diplomatic and strategic like any rational person, but he hasn't let climbing the corporate ladder hobble him. 

Art is one of the best interviewers out there.  He is engaged with the discussion -- and even when someone is blathering on about the most absurd thing and Art could very well be writing a grocery list or surfing the Web because of it, he is still listening and prepared to talk.  Art does research, he obviously reads, and he at least listens to criticism because he's intelligent enough to realize that if it's true, he can only get better from learning from it.

George is at best an entertainer, whose skill set is talking, sort of, and feeling no apprehension about how dumb the things are that fall out of his face.  He is the kind of lightweight that used to read the weather on TV or maybe gets to emcee some third-rate game show, like the state's lottery program.

Art is a host.  He might balk at the notion of being called a journalist -- though he follows a lot of what old-time journalists did when interviewing -- but he treats the program as sacrosanct, not himself.  The show is the star.  And he knows that if the show succeeds, so does he.  So, he's on his best game, and even when he's not, it's still miles ahead of Noory, who fancies himself the star  and the show just a platform to showcase it.

In the end, that's the biggest difference between the two.  George seems to have contempt for the show and the audience.  He says "That's good enough."  George sees the show as something to do to make a buck.  Art has respect for the show and the audience.  He says, "They deserve the best."  He sees the show as something to do that he loves while making a buck.   He wants the audience to love it, too.

I don't think Noory is a bad guy.  He just seems out of his depth and does little or nothing to compensate for it.  I do, however, think he is a sell out and harmful to Coast to Coast.  He would be better doing something else, like one of those morning programs where people talk about traffic or whatever and no one is really awake enough to notice the errors and banality.  And Art may have a huge ego -- I don't know that he does -- but, you know, if you do something well and for the right reasons, that's okay.   Any criticism of him cannot legitimately be focused on his not trying to make his show the best possible.

Morgus

Quote from: Izintit? on April 04, 2015, 01:55:14 PM
That`s just it. George has NO respect for his audience or he would have said "April Fool`s!"  at the end of the interview. Instead, he wants poor Cletus from Numbnuts (a Noory fan) to call in so he can humiliate him nationally. Noory is a bully and his "nice guy" act is a facade.
Noory only mumbled to the caller that he might reveal if was a joke, on next year's April Fools show...

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Morgus on April 04, 2015, 04:41:02 PM
I don't know the exact  numbers, but those 3 have been getting on almost daily lately.

Come to think of it, Noory should have used those three regular callers as the 3 heads for his stupid "3-headed person" April's Fools stunt!  ;D

Why do that when he can just get some eager interns, or Lisa, Dan, and the whatever intern is still enslaved by the company to do the dirty work?!? People would have known the 3 callers which are kind of like the Stooges only with a few too many hits to the head.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Gassy Man on April 04, 2015, 04:46:49 PM
Bingo.  It doesn't take much smarts to look around the room, see who the power brokers are, figure out what to say to them regardless of whether it is true or merited, and then repeat that process over many years.  Noory is essentially a car salesman, a toady to the owner of the lot.

Intelligence, on the other hand, requires evidence of more.  Noory is neither quick on his feet during interviews -- as evidenced by his malapropisms and non sequiturs -- nor broad-minded enough to consider anything beyond the narrow range of assumptions he makes over and over.  He does not do research, likely is not much of a reader, and treats any kind of criticism, even constructive, with hostility. 

Compare him to Art in this regard.  His career has been evidenced by not being a toady.  I'm sure he's had to be diplomatic and strategic like any rational person, but he hasn't let climbing the corporate ladder hobble him. 

Art is one of the best interviewers out there.  He is engaged with the discussion -- and even when someone is blathering on about the most absurd thing and Art could very well be writing a grocery list or surfing the Web because of it, he is still listening and prepared to talk.  Art does research, he obviously reads, and he at least listens to criticism because he's intelligent enough to realize that if it's true, he can only get better from learning from it.

George is at best an entertainer, whose skill set is talking, sort of, and feeling no apprehension about how dumb the things are that fall out of his face.  He is the kind of lightweight that used to read the weather on TV or maybe gets to emcee some third-rate game show, like the state's lottery program.

Art is a host.  He might balk at the notion of being called a journalist -- though he follows a lot of what old-time journalists did when interviewing -- but he treats the program as sacrosanct, not himself.  The show is the star.  And he knows that if the show succeeds, so does he.  So, he's on his best game, and even when he's not, it's still miles ahead of Noory, who fancies himself the star  and the show just a platform to showcase it.

In the end, that's the biggest difference between the two.  George seems to have contempt for the show and the audience.  He says "That's good enough."  George sees the show as something to do to make a buck.  Art has respect for the show and the audience.  He says, "They deserve the best."  He sees the show as something to do that he loves while making a buck.   He wants the audience to love it, too.

I don't think Noory is a bad guy.  He just seems out of his depth and does little or nothing to compensate for it.  I do, however, think he is a sell out and harmful to Coast to Coast.  He would be better doing something else, like one of those morning programs where people talk about traffic or whatever and no one is really awake enough to notice the errors and banality.  And Art may have a huge ego -- I don't know that he does -- but, you know, if you do something well and for the right reasons, that's okay.   Any criticism of him cannot legitimately be focused on his not trying to make his show the best possible.

One couldn't have said it any better.

michio

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 04, 2015, 12:12:23 PM
He suggested it at least once a night for probably a couple of weeks, even to guests with completely unrelated specialties who then tried to politely tell him it was a stupid idea.  In fact, I've never heard anyone on the program except Noory suggest nor condone the idea.  But, what would frauds be without revisionist history?  Just imagine what the world would be like if Hoagland hadn't been single-handedly responsible for every major advancement at NASA, for instance.

Thanks for verification, GfP2216.  I brought it up because sNoory had been basically proposing it as an end-all to ISIS/ISIL, as you said, at least a couple of weeks.  What did he think would bring all of these radical insurgents together in one spot for a convenient and "safe" nuclear weapon detonation, sending out text messages to each member and promising them a shiny new gun if they assembled in the desert?  Anyone with half a brain knows it's much more complicated than that.  You have to figure out how to long-term change minds and attitudes before you really begin to get a grip on dissolving a vicious and extreme group like ISIS.  Killing them in large numbers isn't enough and will be a temporary fix at best. You don't need to be an expert on terrorism to understand this rather simple concept, but you do need to possess a modicum of critical thinking skills which sNoory may never think of.  Dropping one or a large number of nuclear bombs would be like putting a small bandage on a gaping wound, but sNoory isn't able to see past his extreme narcissism and the self-important beliefs podium/pulpit he preaches from.

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 04, 2015, 02:44:01 AM
I skipped Seth Shostak.  I've heard his spiel enough times before tonight.  Plus, he's pretty boring. ...

He was always better with Art, who'd ask informed questions about actual technical stuff like frequencies and bandwith, instead of just jabbering on about how amazeen space is.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Morgus on April 04, 2015, 04:45:50 PM
it would have been slightly more believable if they had claimed it was due to a head transplant operation, to add 2 extra heads to an existing body with one head.
but Noory didn't have enough imagination to come up with that and probably didn't realize conjoined twins are always identical twins (not mixed sexes, etc.)

I would have held out for an interview with a Human Centipede, but getting anybody involved except the front end to talk may have been a little too difficult.

Quote from: Gassy Man on April 04, 2015, 04:46:49 PM
... George is at best an entertainer, whose skill set is talking, sort of, and feeling no apprehension about how dumb the things are that fall out of his face.  He is the kind of lightweight that used to read the weather on TV or maybe gets to emcee some third-rate game show...

George attempts to model himself after the goofy buffoons who used to introduce the late night TV monster movies, then laze around until a commercial break when they'd come back on the air for a moment of silliness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-tPQhbz5l4

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 04, 2015, 09:03:03 PM
George attempts to model himself after the goofy buffoons who used to introduce the late night TV monster movies, then laze around until a commercial break when they'd come back on the air for a moment of silliness

At least the host like Morgus, and the late great Sammy Terry here in Indy actually had talent though. Dave tries to be serious, and his face is like an ass which nothing good ever comes out of... man.

rzr1911

people should flood C2C and their parent company with emails to FIRE TOM & LISA.
The show will suck as long as they're there. Changing host wont fix that.
They're both incompetent and useless "producers".

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 04, 2015, 11:42:31 PM

At least the host like Morgus, and the late great Sammy Terry here in Indy actually had talent though. Dave tries to be serious, and his face is like an ass which nothing good ever comes out of... man.

George doesn't quite grasp the idea of talent, let alone effort.  He heard 95% of success is just showing up, and wonders what the other 5% could possibly be

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 04, 2015, 09:03:03 PM

What Is this?!  Lol

K4N4DI4N

I have posted this before, but i swear you cant get enough of it. A little more black shoe polish and i swear its just the type of show George should be doing! "Would you turn your radio down please".. and the "It's a vice George, and I'm going to put you head in it, and squeeze it, until that mustache of yours pops off.."

SCTV, 1/16/81 - "DIALING FOR DOLLARS" WITH WALTER CRONKITE

^Shhhhhhhhhh!  Don't post Walter Cronkite things on here or else the white-bearded man with the Mars fetish may appear ;D

I wonder if Jorch and Tommy went skipping through a garden hunting for Easter eggs today?

albrecht

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 04, 2015, 11:42:31 PM

Yes, the horror hosts had talent and were TRYING to act and look goofy or scary or whatever. And were hard-working: My guy, Count Gore De Vol, also was Bozo and Captain 20 for the little kids programming the next day. And, those horror hosts' oiled hair and facial hair was for show and they washed up after the program.
-GNS

136 or 142

Quote from: K4N4DI4N on April 05, 2015, 12:31:45 PM

I have posted this before, but i swear you cant get enough of it. A little more black shoe polish and i swear its just the type of show George should be doing! "Would you turn your radio down please".. and the "It's a vice George, and I'm going to put you head in it, and squeeze it, until that mustache of yours pops off.."

SCTV, 1/16/81 - "DIALING FOR DOLLARS" WITH WALTER CRONKITE

Always loved SDialing for Dollars.

NoMoreNoory

An open question, Rat-Eating-Haturz......

Though we have Noory foisted on us tonight, it has been wonderful to have three successive weekends almost free of his half-witted mumblings and bumblings. One thing that stands out for me, listening to Knapp and Syrett, is their bumper music. Carefully chosen, interesting and commented on. That is in the starkest possible contrast to Noory who plays the same stuff in rotation. He apparently only knows one Tony Bennett song, for example. So much of it is dreck and/or stolen from Art. And he never has any original choices, and never has illuminating comments to make about the music, as both K & S do. It put me in mind of this Shakespeare quotation..... (Lorenzo, The Merchant Of Venice)

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

And now the open question. I was struck by something over the last few weekends. Last night, Syrett played us out with Oh! Happy Day (in a version I didn't know if anyone can illumine) and back in with Dr John. Knapp was playing Marvin Gaye last weekend, and other examples of black artists who slip my memory. I was suddenly and uncomfortably struck by the thought that I really can't remember Noory playing any black music. Can anyone put me right? Please.........

136 or 142

On last Wednesday's show George Played "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" by Quincy Jones, "Three Times a Lady" By The Commodores, "Stand By My" by Ben E. King and "Wonderful World" by Sam Cooke.  He also plays some Jimi Hendrix on a fairly regular basis as well as other Sam Cooke songs.