• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

OdawgHI

George just said that in 2003 he planned on retiring at the end of the Mayan calendar in 2012. Wish he would have kept his word. He then went into a bizarre talk about Tommy announcing his death and trying to get the most airtime. Also he said that he wants to die doing the show, and he signed a "verry long term deal". George just said he is against Satanism, what a tough stand.

my favorite part was when he challenged tommee about whether a 60yo aspiring actor can break into the biz.
guess what side of the argument he was on

Quote from: OdawgHI on October 11, 2014, 02:41:27 AM
George just said that in 2003 he planned on retiring at the end of the Mayan calendar in 2012. Wish he would have kept his word. He then went into a bizarre talk about Tommy announcing his death and trying to get the most airtime. Also he said that he wants to die doing the show, and he signed a "verry long term deal". George just said he is against Satanism, what a tough stand.

Quote from: narcissist noory on October 11, 2014, 02:47:11 AM
my favorite part was when he challenged tommee about whether a 60yo aspiring actor can break into the biz.

Sounds like a real humdinger tonight.

I didn't make it much past the kid falling into the jaguar exhibit story.

... he said that he wants to die doing the show...

I think we all want that.   ;D

Maybe he could fake it once in awhile, only to have Tommee revive him

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 11, 2014, 02:50:07 AM
Sounds like a real humdinger tonight.

I didn't make it much past the kid falling into the jaguar exhibit story.

But the kid fell feet first.  That's the kind of nuanced reporting you don't hear just anywhere.
Feet first.  Think about it.

pate

Only sNoory would dram abut what it wuld feel like to go feet first into a wood-chipper...

I think he should do a radio experiment and tell us all how it feels!

edit: GNS

NoMoreNoory

George just said that in 2003 he planned on retiring at the end of the Mayan calendar in 2012. Wish he would have kept his word. He then went into a bizarre talk about Tommy announcing his death and trying to get the most airtime. Also he said that he wants to die doing the show, and he signed a "verry long term deal".

It was completely weird. He claimed he had heard Tommy in his office practicing what he was going to say 'if I succumbed'. And, yes, the version Tommy (who he suddenly started calling Danheiser) liked best went on for four and a half minutes. Odd is not the word.
Noticeable how he told Linda Slavin early on he was keeping her for an extra hour for questions, thus reducing Open Lines to one hour, and how much of that hour he then spends blathering aimlessly about himself, or the dumbass 'Text To Tommy', all obviously designed to minimize the time he has to spend actually talking to callers.
Other pickings from last night:
A caller tells George he should be given an honorary doctorate for all the 'knowledge and understanding' he brings to people.
He says one of the reasons he always broadcasts live on holidays is to prevent people committing suicide.
And do we have our Canadian agents in place? He declares he will sing four songs in Toronto on November 8th, including 'a couple new ones. I'm going to change it up a bit.'

No way premier keeps him on after this contract expires.

Bell used to have santanist on as guest back when coast didn't suck nightly.

Haha they actually are letting garr host again. That is a fucking show killer.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 11, 2014, 11:05:11 AM
...And do we have our Canadian agents in place? He declares he will sing four songs in Toronto on November 8th, including 'a couple new ones. I'm going to change it up a bit.'

Toronto's a five hour plane ride.  I will unfortunately have to give that one a miss.

Quote from: narcissist noory on October 11, 2014, 02:47:11 AM

In Jorch's deluded mind, he probably sees himself breaking into the biz, and being a Morgan Freeman-type character. Like the go to guy when they need someone to play a wise, older man. Maybe his best bet would be to play a mentally-retarded person. It wouldn't be much of a stretch. In fact, he wouldn't really need to act at all.

Nick el Ass

What kind of idiot talks about the money he donates, and his contracts constantly?!? I mean this guy has quickly reached the highest degree of moron in the Secret Order of Morons that he belongs to... and I can't wait to hear him croak on air followed by Tommy screaming nooooooo followed yet by another shitty ad. The problem is the crew will probably prop his corpse up in the corner to keep the checks coming.

wr250

Quote from: Nick el Ass on October 11, 2014, 04:50:32 PM

What kind of idiot talks about the money he donates, and his contracts constantly?!? I mean this guy has quickly reached the highest degree of moron in the Secret Order of Morons that he belongs to... and I can't wait to hear him croak on air followed by Tommy screaming nooooooo followed yet by another shitty carnivora ad. The problem is the crew will probably prop his corpse up in the corner to keep the checks coming.

fixed

Gal in Black

Folks, that very long contract he signed is with Satan. You know that's what he's talking about, right? Continued success and riches is promised to all who sign with Satan. Gee, wait, our politicians, musicians, movie stars....wait....did they sign the same thing?? LOL.

zeebo

George just said that in 2003 he planned on retiring at the end of the Mayan calendar in 2012. ...

He just made a slight adjustment, extending it up until quote: "we have a colony on Mars".  C'mon SpaceX, let's pick up the pace.

Quote from: zeebo on October 11, 2014, 09:26:58 PM
He just made a slight adjustment, extending it up until quote: "we have a colony on Mars".  C'mon SpaceX, let's pick up the pace.

Zeebo and dawg, I think you've just found a way to fund the space program.  Something voters can really get behind.

Nebraska888

As well, as well, as well, as well, as well, as well, as well, as well...... :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

NoMoreNoory

I've been unable to get this weirdness out of my head all day. I keep trying to work out what goes in Noory's head to lead to this fantasy of dying on air. While I could imagine Art saying something like 'I have no thoughts of retiring. I'm doing the job I love and plan to continue as long as I'm able. Perhaps at some point in the future I will complete a week of shows that I and my audience thought were satisfactory, and slip away quietly over the weekend.' That's OK.
Leaving aside the obvious difference that Art is one of the great broadcasters and Noory is the single most incompetent I've ever encountered, Noory's comments have - as he would say - left me baffled.
His fantasy was very specific: in it, he is capable of broadcasting up to the commercial break and on the other side, Tommy announces to a shocked world (and these are the precise words he used last night) 'We've lost him. He's gone.' I imagine Tommy's announcement would begin more like 'Ladies and gentlemen, our long national nightmare is over', but that's another story.
Add to this the fact that they have evidently discussed this between them to the extent that Tommy has begun planning his on-air eulogy, and it is just creepy bee on bleef.
I guess most of us have imagined our deaths, like Sophia in The Golden Girls who held her funeral before her death so she could check out what people were saying about her. This is on a whole other level, though. It is surely the crowning glory of this man's boundless narcissism. To actually take up up broadcast time to talk about it pushes it over the edge into some weird personality disorder.
I hate that he has taken up so much time in my head today. I hate George Noory.

SnapT

Tommy practicing George's on-air death announcement alone in his office literally freaked me out.

paladin1991

Quote from: SnapT on October 11, 2014, 11:56:59 PM
Tommy practicing George's on-air death announcement alone in his office literally freaked me out.

I'll have to suss that out.  After Lisa Garr's hour with mumble fuck, I need a laugh.

Scully

During Jorch's tell all session Friday night he also said he will be using the Hawaiian studio in January. Mark that down, as this is his latest story on that subject.

Of course he didn't actually say which year.  ::)

Quote from: Scully on October 12, 2014, 01:42:01 AM
During Jorch's tell all session Friday night he also said he will be using the Hawaiian studio in January. Mark that down, as this is his latest story on that subject.

Of course he didn't actually say which year.  ::)

Okay, so we're down to it being only three months away.  Maybe by January it will only be 10 weeks away.  Actually if anyone charted Noory's estimates they could probably find a convergence date -- maybe sometime in 2016.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 14, 2008, 04:34:13 AM
It's difficult to soak up the area color from a limo, that's for sure!

It is especially irritating when George hangs up on a caller who is still involved in a conversation with the guest and the guest is attempting to answer or is attempting to ask a question of said caller.  Then George says... "They're gone"... "They hung up."  Obviously, it is as you stated, that he terminates the call and is not truthful about it - and we are introduced to an awkward moment of radio silence as the guest thinks the caller remains online.  It's ridiculous.  As far as all the praise he receives from so MANY callers, C2C must have a rigorous screening process!

In contrast, George will allow the strangest call-ins to go on for much too long, to the point if you happened to tune in at that moment, you would think they were a guest.

It remains a mystery to me.  Thousands of hard working individuals are terminated each year from their jobs for minor mistakes, yet George has been "making mistakes" for many years now. 

Does Premier Radio perform job reviews or just hit the RESET button on the  contracts?  ;)

nothing has changed

Morgus

Uh-oh, the network started playing a "Worst of Noory" rerun tonight.
But now the scheduled guest host just came on thankfully.

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on October 12, 2014, 11:11:23 PM

I just got mental whiplash, going from Worst of Noory to the DMT intro like that.

paladin1991

Quote from: Morgus on October 12, 2014, 11:11:23 PM
is that what happened?  I had just gotten into my car for the ride home when I heard the snoory and then richard syrett. 

Quote from: zeebo on October 12, 2014, 11:14:41 PM
I just got mental whiplash, going from Worst of Noory to the DMT intro like that.

Jorch smoked a pizza roll with DMT in it one time (he's kind of gun shy to eat them since they're so dangerously hot) and when the rush hit him and he saw the self-replicating machine elves of the DMT realm, they stopped chattering aimlessly and led a chorus of "You Suck Jorch!" Jorch was very disturbed to know that he sucks in alternate dimensions too.

zeebo

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on October 13, 2014, 11:43:35 AM
Jorch smoked a pizza roll with DMT in it one time (he's kind of gun shy to eat them since they're so dangerously hot) and when the rush hit him and he saw the self-replicating machine elves of the DMT realm, they stopped chattering aimlessly and led a chorus of "You Suck Jorch!" Jorch was very disturbed to know that he sucks in alternate dimensions too.

Oh I'd love to see a Jorch's Eye Pad of this.   :D

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on October 13, 2014, 12:38:30 PM
Oh I'd love to see a Jorch's Eye Pad of this.   :D
I can't recall the crazy guest but sometime in the last few years or so one of the guests who was into ayahuasca and told stories of some huge, vampiric UFO-like machine that was sucking the souls of all people to feed itself. It was a wild but descriptive vision. Hardly the usual visions and the happy elves or little people and ancient cities normally told about in DMT.