• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: wotr1 on August 27, 2014, 11:36:43 AM
Am I the only one who is wondering about her CV?

June De Young, 36 years old from Los Angeles...
For over 33 years, June's been a Powerful "Behind the Scenes" Consultant to the Entertainment Industry!

Apparently, she started a career as a "Powerful Behind the Scenes" consultant at the age of three.  I can just see the heads of studios searching out a three year old June for advice. ::)

Then again, look at most of what's on TV

Gemstone

After reading the comments regarding the guest last night, June De Young I HAD to listen.
Unfriggin' believable! 
My cats left the room at the high pitched frenetic laughter.
How did this person even get on the radio??  What a nut job.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Gemstone on August 27, 2014, 01:33:04 PM
After reading the comments regarding the guest last night, June De Young I HAD to listen.
Unfriggin' believable! 
My cats left the room at the high pitched frenetic laughter.
How did this person even get on the radio??  What a nut job.

She was insane.   :o

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 27, 2014, 12:01:42 PM
Be careful playing the Noory Drinking Game, zeebo!  Don't forget what happened two hours into the show the last time Richard Hoagland was on.

[attachimg=1]

Yep what did me in that night was those special RCH rules, to drink when he says "If you're truly being intellectually honest" or "Look at the data!" or "Why would NASA take down that picture!".

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 27, 2014, 02:40:16 PM
She was insane.   :o

I turned it off after 10 mins., but her damn giggles are still bouncing around inside my head.

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2014, 02:43:00 PM
Yep what did me in that night was those special RCH rules, to drink when he says "If you're truly being intellectually honest" or "Look at the data!" or "Why would NASA take down that picture!".

Hoagie will do that to you every time.  And I made a little mistake in the previous post--I meant to say, "twenty minutes into the show."  That's impressive, though, because I've never lasted more than sixteen, and I have a prodigious tolerance for alcohol gained from decades of practice.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on August 27, 2014, 02:48:14 PM
I turned it off after 10 mins., but her damn giggles are still bouncing around inside my head.

Mine too! 

Tonight's program sounds like it could have potential if the guests can TAKE THE LEAD AND GET NOORY TO BE QUIET.  Linda Godfrey has been a previous guest.  I am fascinated by cryptozoology.....however, Noory has never asked the questions that allow the cryptozoologists to get into the SPECIFICS of each creature and sightings.  He invariably runs out of questions and the interview takes a shallow "turn" into the same tired questions......such as "How did you get interested in this field?"  Or......"What was the most interesting creature every reported?"   And, the guest isn't allowed to elaborate beyond the creature and a few vague comments.

Yep, I think it was you, Zeebo, who likes LMH......I like her because I enjoy her topics and she gets Noory to SHUT THE HELL UP!  :D
Hopefully tomorrow night will be entertaining.

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 27, 2014, 10:00:37 PM
Mine too! 

Tonight's program sounds like it could have potential if the guests can TAKE THE LEAD AND GET NOORY TO BE QUIET.  Linda Godfrey has been a previous guest.  I am fascinated by cryptozoology.....however, Noory has never asked the questions that allow the cryptozoologists to get into the SPECIFICS of each creature and sightings.  He invariably runs out of questions and the interview takes a shallow "turn" into the same tired questions......such as "How did you get interested in this field?"  Or......"What was the most interesting creature every reported?"   And, the guest isn't allowed to elaborate beyond the creature and a few vague comments.

Yep, I think it was you, Zeebo, who likes LMH......I like her because I enjoy her topics and she gets Noory to SHUT THE HELL UP!  :D
Hopefully tomorrow night will be entertaining.

I like LMH because she only reports what she is told while out on assignment.  She doesn't start fabricating stuff or make inferences or report on her own opinions.  What's more, when she is conducting her interviews, she doesn't ask leading questions but instead merely reflects back the words and phrasing used by the person she's interviewing.  Some call it boring.  I call it the only real journalism that happens on Coast to Coast.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 27, 2014, 10:17:18 PM
I like LMH because she only reports what she is told while out on assignment.  She doesn't start fabricating stuff or make inferences or report on her own opinions.  What's more, when she is conducting her interviews, she doesn't ask leading questions but instead merely reflects back the words and phrasing used by the person she's interviewing.  Some call it boring.  I call it the only real journalism that happens on Coast to Coast.

Great and accurate observation.

George Drooly

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 27, 2014, 10:17:18 PM

She's a robot. A boring robot.

Thanks Nebraska :)

Noory did it again!  "Icelantic"

George Drooly

Must be a conspiracy of ants that meet on Saturdays

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 27, 2014, 10:00:37 PM
...the same tired questions......such as "How did you get interested in this field?"  Or......"What was the most interesting creature every reported?"...

These make me cringe, every time.  And accordingly, some variation of one or both of these is virtually assured tonite.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 27, 2014, 11:08:34 PM
...Noory did it again!  "Icelantic"

Sounded like during another part he said "Satantic".  I wonder if he's composing a limerick?

Maybe that's what he said.  I wasn't really paying attention.

gnooryblows

did that commercial just say "the only problem with juicing is the mess, the cost and the cleanup"? so the only problem with juicing is 3 problems, 2 of which are essentially the same?

ZHero

I'm just waiting for Morbid-George to ask about the bird that almost carried the little boy off;

George- "Do you think it would have eaten him?  Dismembered him? Fed him to its chicks?"
I bet George gets wood.

zeebo

Quote from: ZHero on August 28, 2014, 01:16:27 AM
I'm just waiting for Morbid-George to ask about the bird that almost carried the little boy off;...

He's already asking about pterodactyls, he's just warming up.

ZHero

Quote from: ZHero on August 28, 2014, 01:16:27 AM
I'm just waiting for Morbid-George to ask about the bird that almost carried the little boy off;

George- "Do you think it would have eaten him?  Dismembered him? Fed him to its chicks?"
I bet George gets wood.

Houston, we have wood!  Sick bastard!

MTB

My radio developed a bit of static...was it my imagination or was he threatening to drop her? And could he just shut up and let her talk? He's more disjointed than usual tonight.

WOTR

Quote from: gnooryblows on August 28, 2014, 12:01:20 AM
did that commercial just say "the only problem with juicing is the mess, the cost and the cleanup"? so the only problem with juicing is 3 problems, 2 of which are essentially the same?
I know a girl who takes (and sells) pills that are "good for you"... are these the same ones?  She tells me that inside of each 4 pills is the equivalent of the nutrients in 70 or 80 fruits and vegetables.  I do not have the heart to tell her that there is no way in hell that her expensive habit has that many nutrients, phytonutrients, minerals and antioxidants... there is no way that her bottle of pills is the equivalent of eating the entire produce section of the grocery store.

Did you catch the name of whatever magic pill Noory is pushing now?  I cannot recall what she sells, but I will recognize it if I hear it.

wr250

Quote from: wotr1 on August 28, 2014, 02:34:21 AM
I know a girl who takes (and sells) pills that are "good for you"... are these the same ones?  She tells me that inside of each 4 pills is the equivalent of the nutrients in 70 or 80 fruits and vegetables.  I do not have the heart to tell her that there is no way in hell that her expensive habit has that many nutrients, phytonutrients, minerals and antioxidants... there is no way that her bottle of pills is the equivalent of eating the entire produce section of the grocery store.

Did you catch the name of whatever magic pill Noory is pushing now?  I cannot recall what she sells, but I will recognize it if I hear it.

soylent green ?

albrecht

Mein Gott. Listening to this guest claim about the vast expanse of George Norry's wonderful brain and his past lives is a whole new level of sucking up to the host. Shameful.
-GNS

Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile, and I have to give George credit for asking Dr. Weiss if any of his subjects had claimed to be the reincarnation of Adam or Eve.  I thought it was a pretty good question, because those are two famous names that I've never heard mentioned in connection with the subject.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 28, 2014, 10:26:52 AM
Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile, and I have to give George credit for asking Dr. Weiss if any of his subjects had claimed to be the reincarnation of Adam or Eve.  I thought it was a pretty good question, because those are two famous names that I've never heard mentioned in connection with the subject.

I didn't listen to the interview, but I would say that's a pretty typical question from simple George.  His knowledge of history is probably mostly limited to a few bible stories so those are likely among the first names that pop into his head.  Nevermind the fact that biblical Adam and Eve could never have existed, but I guess it could be a good question given George's listener base.

Actually now that I think about it you are right!  If reincarnation is a just coming out of people's fantasies, you would expect the odd one to come up with Adam and Eve.

This thread is like group therapy - thank you! Much needed to help a lot of us cope with "the Jorch!" Or, as I like to call him "pizzarolls."

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 28, 2014, 11:40:39 AM
I didn't listen to the interview, but I would say that's a pretty typical question from simple George.  His knowledge of history is probably mostly limited to a few bible stories so those are likely among the first names that pop into his head.  Nevermind the fact that biblical Adam and Eve could never have existed, but I guess it could be a good question given George's listener base.

Actually now that I think about it you are right!  If reincarnation is a just coming out of people's fantasies, you would expect the odd one to come up with Adam and Eve.

I wouldn't be surprised if he planted a seed of suggestion in some simpleton's head, and he or she calls in soon claiming to have been Adam or Eve.  Or maybe even Goliath.  I'd love to hear his take on getting taken out by a scrawny shepherd boy with a sling and a stone.  That had to be embarrassing.

Quote from: From the High Desert... on August 28, 2014, 11:52:47 AM
This thread is like group therapy - thank you! Much needed to help a lot of us cope with "the Jorch!" Or, as I like to call him "pizzarolls."

Welcome to the clinic.  If you want to step up the therapy check out the thread called Jorch's Eye Pad if you haven't already, and offer appropriate sacrifices to Paper Boy even though he is benevolent and doesn't request any.