• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

The General

Quote from: ksm32 on October 14, 2013, 08:16:29 PM
People who start a new thread or two every FN day. >:(

Makes me punch fences and kick stuff.
It's sad. This site used to rock. It used to be populated with the smartest and funniest people on the internet.  The average IQ of users has dropped about 30 points over the recent months.  Welcome to TardGab.

The creepers, attention whores, trolls, retards, and assholes that have flooded this forum have ruined it.  Oh well.

I found this site to find Art.  Art's back.  See ya.

Heather Wade

Sorry General, sir.  Never meant to ruin the Art Bell forum.   :-[

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on October 16, 2013, 09:30:12 PM
It's sad. This site used to rock. It used to be populated with the smartest and funniest people on the internet.  The average IQ of users has dropped about 30 points over the recent months.  Welcome to TardGab.

The creepers, attention whores, trolls, retards, and assholes that have flooded this forum have ruined it.  Oh well.

I found this site to find Art.  Art's back.  See ya.

The ironic part? The week of Art's return is when the most annoying of the aforementioned shitheels began posting here. Unintended consequences...

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 16, 2013, 09:45:59 PM
    The ironic part? The week of Art's return is when the most annoying of the aforementioned shitheels began posting here. Unintended consequences...

We have all seen ebbs and flow of members and threads that make most of us do a double take. This time is a bit bigger. But as annoying as some have been there have been a couple pretty good writers with interesting points of view.

But yeah a few that don't seem to have a clue.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on October 16, 2013, 09:50:50 PM
We have all seen ebbs and flow of members and threads that make most of us do a double take. This time is a bit bigger. But as annoying as some have been there have been a couple pretty good writers with interesting points of view.

But yeah a few that don't seem to have a clue.

I'm guilty of generalizing and it's really just an incredibly annoying minority that is the issue. The old "wait it out" approach will probably prove to be what works in the long run.

But first I must start a thread about "would you rather have scabies or coke bugs?"

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 16, 2013, 10:00:43 PM
       I'm guilty of generalizing and it's really just an incredibly annoying minority that is the issue. The old "wait it out" approach will probably prove to be what works in the long run.

But first I must start a thread about "would you rather have scabies or coke bugs?"

Can you put up a youtube of a live cam about scabies and coke bugs?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on October 16, 2013, 10:02:01 PM
Can you put up a youtube of a live cam about scabies and coke bugs?

Yes, but my girlfriend has to consent first.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Sardondi on October 16, 2013, 07:01:48 AM
I find this continues to annoy me daily. How can someone have been here just over three weeks and have started 18 threads? 18 threads! And most of them absolutely inane topics not much different than "How much do you like Art?" Jeez Louise, STFU.

I thought I was the only one who was annoyed by this. I think it got up to 40 or above.

bateman

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on October 16, 2013, 10:13:55 PM
I thought I was the only one who was annoyed by this. I think it got up to 40 or above.

Like goose shit all over a soccer field.

steelbot

People that send you private messages, calling for you to be banned from the forums, and posting out on the main live discussion thread to others about Rules violations, and then have the balls to and ask you if you're a mod, since you apparently feel the need to be self appointed....Hypocrisy much? THAT AND RUN ON SENTENCES! Oh yeah....i know ignorent feature is there..

area51drone

I'm sure you guys are talking about me here, as well as Casioson.  Personally, I think you guys take life way too seriously if you think that people should limit the number of started threads to less than one a week and not talk about what's on their mind.    It's not like anyone has been posting in the wrong sections - if you don't feel like reading a topic, ignore it.   Not to mention that you can open your user profile and ignore specific members. 

I virtually completely ignore the politics section because its more fun to talk about something other than politics.  I read about politics all day.  I can talk politics all day with the rest of you but we'd probably never see eye to eye if we don't already.   

I came to this forum for the same reason probably 100% of the rest of you did - to talk about Art/DM/C2C.   I keep my Art/DM/C2C discussions where they belong.    If you can't respect people have differences of opinions and want to talk about things different than you do, and they are generally following the rules, that's your problem.  Bitch about it if you want, but you're just showing how closed minded you are.   Forums are not meant just for you and you alone.  Last I counted there are 2332 people here.   That's a lot of differences of opinion and areas of interest.   Just because my cup of tea doesn't taste like yours doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with it. 

For the record, I'm at 27 days since I started this account.  20 topics started.   So what if I like to start conversations?   I honestly do wonder what people's favorite foods are, or who they'd like to meet from the forums (shows you the cliques), where in the world you might be or why you listen to shows like these in the first place.     Maybe you like to talk about old airplanes, tv westerns, old radio shows, Whitey Bulger or Bacon "the wonder drug".   What's the difference?

onan

Quote from: area51drone on October 17, 2013, 03:27:21 AM
I'm sure you guys are talking about me here, as well as Casioson.  Personally, I think you guys take life way too seriously if you think that people should limit the number of started threads to less than one a week and not talk about what's on their mind.    It's not like anyone has been posting in the wrong sections - if you don't feel like reading a topic, ignore it.   Not to mention that you can open your user profile and ignore specific members. 

I virtually completely ignore the politics section because its more fun to talk about something other than politics.  I read about politics all day.  I can talk politics all day with the rest of you but we'd probably never see eye to eye if we don't already.   

I came to this forum for the same reason probably 100% of the rest of you did - to talk about Art/DM/C2C.   I keep my Art/DM/C2C discussions where they belong.    If you can't respect people have differences of opinions and want to talk about things different than you do, and they are generally following the rules, that's your problem.  Bitch about it if you want, but you're just showing how closed minded you are.   Forums are not meant just for you and you alone.  Last I counted there are 2332 people here.   That's a lot of differences of opinion and areas of interest.   Just because my cup of tea doesn't taste like yours doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with it. 

For the record, I'm at 27 days since I started this account.  20 topics started.   So what if I like to start conversations?   I honestly do wonder what people's favorite foods are, or who they'd like to meet from the forums (shows you the cliques), where in the world you might be or why you listen to shows like these in the first place.     Maybe you like to talk about old airplanes, tv westerns, old radio shows, Whitey Bulger or Bacon "the wonder drug".   What's the difference?

I don't think you were one of the targets, I could be wrong.

the internet is a funny place and manners/civility take a back seat to machismo/asshattery. At the same time, Bellgab is populated by many that have been here for quite awhile. And (at least for myself) many of the conversations/threads.style we have seen before and judgements get made (perhaps too quickly). For someone new to the forum, there is little awareness/understanding of the culture here. If you stay here long enough, you will see most members present an arc in their posting behavior. Few posts, usually explaining contempt for Dave, then a broader presentation of subjects and explaining their positions that differ from others, showing affinity towards certain posters and more challenging thought towards those with different view points. And finally posting with more of a level of understanding the "whole" of the membership. when that arc is different in approach it can cause friction. It isn't good or bad, but it most certainly is.

Anyhoo, I don't think you were the target.

area51drone

Quote from: onan on October 17, 2013, 04:25:39 AM
the internet is a funny place and manners/civility take a back seat to machismo/asshattery.

As I would assume the good majority of you are, I'm the same online as I am offline.   I'm not threatening anyone.  I don't think I ever saw Casio do that either.   I understand people thought he was off the wall, but sometimes off the wall can be interesting.   I learned a long time ago that people like Casio are probably some of the most loyal trustworthy people out there.   Look how he stuck up for that girl, even though she made him look like a fool.    I realize he got banned because of that thread.   It's too bad, IMO.  I would like to see people get a warning first, or maybe be banned just for a while so they can cool off.   But hey, I don't run the forum, so that isn't my call.

At the same time, Bellgab is populated by many that have been here for quite awhile. And (at least for myself) many of the conversations/threads.style we have seen before and judgements get made (perhaps too quickly). For someone new to the forum, there is little awareness/understanding of the culture here. If you stay here long enough, you will see most members present an arc in their posting behavior. Few posts, usually explaining contempt for Dave, then a broader presentation of subjects and explaining their positions that differ from others, showing affinity towards certain posters and more challenging thought towards those with different view points. And finally posting with more of a level of understanding the "whole" of the membership. when that arc is different in approach it can cause friction. It isn't good or bad, but it most certainly is.

I get that there is some lack of knowledge of past posts on the board.   But from what I see just perusing thread titles before I came, it isn't all that different from what I'm seeing now.  There is just more to wade through.   Someone said it was like junk mail.  Kind of, but not really.  As long as everyone is following the procedures, ignore the general discussion section and you'll get what you want.    Believe me, if there were a "useless posts" section, I'd start 90% of my threads there.   But I'm willing to bet some people would still bitch and moan that I posted a video for everyone to enjoy of Bubbles singing "Kitties are so nice."    Some people just like to bitch too.   I'm fine with that.  For me, it's all just time filler when I'm bored.

Anyhoo, I don't think you were the target.

I'm glad you don't think so, but I am pretty sure I am the next target in line after Casio.

onan

Quote from: area51drone on October 17, 2013, 04:45:15 AM
As I would assume the good majority of you are, I'm the same online as I am offline.   I'm not threatening anyone.  I don't think I ever saw Casio do that either.   I understand people thought he was off the wall, but sometimes off the wall can be interesting.   I learned a long time ago that people like Casio are probably some of the most loyal trustworthy people out there.   Look how he stuck up for that girl, even though she made him look like a fool.    I realize he got banned because of that thread.   It's too bad, IMO.  I would like to see people get a warning first, or maybe be banned just for a while so they can cool off.   But hey, I don't run the forum, so that isn't my call.

I get that there is some lack of knowledge of past posts on the board.   But from what I see just perusing thread titles before I came, it isn't all that different from what I'm seeing now.  There is just more to wade through.   Someone said it was like junk mail.  Kind of, but not really.  As long as everyone is following the procedures, ignore the general discussion section and you'll get what you want.    Believe me, if there were a "useless posts" section, I'd start 90% of my threads there.   But I'm willing to bet some people would still bitch and moan that I posted a video for everyone to enjoy of Bubbles singing "Kitties are so nice."    Some people just like to bitch too.   I'm fine with that.  For me, it's all just time filler when I'm bored.

I'm glad you don't think so, but I am pretty sure I am the next target in line after Casio.

I honestly don't know but don't think so. Casio was specifically asked by the moderator/owner to stop posting certain things. Then I think it got a bit terse. I really wasn't keeping up.

I gotta run, man.

area51drone

Quote from: onan on October 17, 2013, 04:54:13 AM
I honestly don't know but don't think so. Casio was specifically asked by the moderator/owner to stop posting certain things.

Well if he was asked, then I stand corrected.  Fortunately I have flown under the radar so far, but I definitely took Casio as a non verbal warning even if his banning had nothing to do with me.

For the rest of you, don't worry, once I get these questions out of my system, my posting new threads is likely to slow.   And if MV reads this and wants to create a Useless Threads section, I'll see you there.

Quote from: area51drone on October 17, 2013, 05:00:38 AM
For the rest of you, don't worry, once I get these questions out of my system, my posting new threads is likely to slow.   And if MV reads this and wants to create a Useless Threads section, I'll see you there.

Hey, 51, we were all new once.  Sometimes the road is smooth, sometimes it's pretty bumpy. 
I've enjoyed some of your posts.  And I hope you're still around once the dust settles from this particular bump.
:)

Cynnie

Aww..im new too , and us newbies don't have the luxury of pushing rules to the limit ...we have no one loyal enough to defend us yet .
So follow the rules , try to discipline yourself . And bide your time .

Im a very curious person so i pm people to ask stupid bullshit ..like , are you a female ?
I am NOT trying to pick up on anyone , i just like the comradery of my fellow females , and men sometimes will not treat me like a peer .

Lets hope we're still around after a year :)

steelbot

Quote from: area51drone on October 17, 2013, 03:27:21 AM

I was not referencing either of you - My thoughts were directly aimed at the individual who felt the need to derail conversation last night during the live discussion thread.  I have no issues with what you or Casio were doing, I wasn't following the specifics!

lonevoice

There is a link to the rules of BellGab on the top navigation bar.   When someone joins a new forum, it's always a good idea to make an effort to know what the rules are, and to be respectful of them.   For BellGab, the rules are relatively few.  One of the rules at the link is this:

QuoteModeration/Moderators:  This is a very loosely moderated forum.  Moderation decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and are always as fair as possible.  If you disagree with a moderation decision, please direct your inquiries privately to the forum administrator and you'll be provided an explanation.

It's a reasonable inference that, since MV took the time to underline the word "privately" in that particular rule, its meaning is important.

area51drone

The silence.  It's deafening.

Heather Wade

I hate yapper dogs. 

Why do people have dogs that bark that high pitched bark over and over again all day?  Take care of the doggie, give it a treat, play with it, take it inside for a nap or something.  I love animals... but whoever got the yapper type dog recently is messing with my professional environment.  Grrrr.

"Hi, *YAP!* tech support *YAP!* how can I *YAP!* help you?" *YAP!*    ???

b_dubb

you can't punch someone in the face on the Internet

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on October 17, 2013, 03:17:07 PM

it annoys me that, that is probably a good thing.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on October 17, 2013, 03:17:07 PM

And skullfuck attempts only make the monitor awfully icky.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 17, 2013, 03:22:12 PM
     And skullfuck attempts only make the monitor awfully icky.

why do you think I go through so many monitors?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on October 17, 2013, 03:24:36 PM
why do you think I go through so many monitors?

And I want to be the Ralph Nader of this maligned group. If I can't get a new monitor after a vigorous skullfuck, then I might as well live in Nazi Russia.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 17, 2013, 03:30:24 PM
       And I want to be the Ralph Nader of this maligned group. If I can't get a new monitor after a vigorous skullfuck, then I might as well live in Nazi Russia.

preach brother

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on October 17, 2013, 03:31:24 PM
preach brother

I'm currently designing ribbons for the cause. And a march after my wound heals from a particularly unreceptive Dell.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 17, 2013, 03:36:06 PM
      I'm currently designing ribbons for the cause. And a march after my wound heals from a particularly unreceptive Dell.

Yeah dells are the worst.